PDA

View Full Version : dvd storytellers

peete
27 Dec 2003, 17:01
hello
i ask a question
the song life is a lemon... , lawyers.. and bonus track only available in cd version or dvd version too?
please answer the question
in case i see in dvd version please tell me how i can see it
thanks

evil nickname
27 Dec 2003, 17:12
Yes, "Life is a Lemon", "Lawyers, Guns And Money" and "Is Nothing Sacred" are only on the CD, while "A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste" and "Rock And Roll Dreams" can only be found on the DVD

A Slice Of English
29 Dec 2003, 20:15
Yes, "Life is a Lemon", "Lawyers, Guns And Money" and "Is Nothing Sacred" are only on the CD, while "A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste" and "Rock And Roll Dreams" can only be found on the DVD

Which is a damn shame because A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste and Rock 'N Roll Dreams were possibly the two best songs on the DVD!

nowherefast
29 Dec 2003, 20:36
So what songs were played altogether at the concert. What other songs were left off the DVD or CD. Does anyone perhaps have a setlist?

sherrie87
30 Dec 2003, 16:31
Slice of English said:
Which is a damn shame because A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste and Rock 'N Roll Dreams were possibly the two best songs on the DVD!

No possibly about it, those two were the very best- I watch them over and over on the DVD and I always miss them on the CD.

Sherrie

black dog
30 Dec 2003, 18:19
Ordered my copy today. So I should have it by the end of the week. *crosses fingers*

DIZZY DRUMMER
30 Dec 2003, 20:29
"A kiss is a terrible thing to waste" on the DVD - I love this song it makes me melt everytime I see meat sing it :oops: :oops:

black dog
04 Jan 2004, 23:22
Really fed up. Worked all day yesterday hoping that I'd be finished before 5 (which I was) so I could pick up my copy of the DVD only to be told that they hadn't been able to get it this week. :evil: :evil: They said their suppliers were out of stock. Was really fed up when I got home.

DIZZY DRUMMER
07 Jan 2004, 00:10
black Dog wrote:

Quote:
I agree completely with this. I haven't heard about Storytellers anywhere else and I'm struggling to get hold of a copy even though I've ordered it. I find it very frustration as I can't wait to get my hands on it.

glad it is not just me - I think promotion in the UK for any of Meat's cd's or dvd's has been crap

storytellers is not widely available, and there is no excuse for it.

i got it for Xmas - it is brill. Meat very relaxed & seen to be having fun

WHY ARE WE SUFFERING FROM LACK OF PROMOTION - ANYONE ????????

ESPECIALLY AS THIS IS THE OFFICIAL LAST WORLD TOUR !!!!!!!!!

Miriam
07 Jan 2004, 09:39
1. All Revved Up With No Place To Go
2. Story
3. Story
4. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
5. Story
6. A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste
7. Story
8. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Nights)
9. Story
10. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
11. Story
12. Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
13. Story
14. More Than You Deserve
15. Story
16. Heaven Can Wait
17. Story
18. Paradise By The Dashboard Light (Part One)
19. Story
20. Paradise By The Dashboard Light (Part Two)
21. Story
22. Bat Out Of Hell
23. End Credits

Great DVD. Either you cry (especially when he's singing Two out of three, a kiss...) or it's killingly funny (Paradise, for example)

KR
Miriam

black dog
10 Jan 2004, 15:42
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Finally got my copy. Watched it this morning. It is brilliant. I am so glad I ordered it. Don't have a DVD player so the computer came into it's own as I was able to play it on that.

Paradise is so funny. How do they keep manage to sing the same song but make it so very different each time? I loved the stories it was so different to the shows and I saw another side to Meat.

AndyK
10 Jan 2004, 16:38
I finally got my copy through the post this week and watched it the other night, it's superb. Meat is in Great voice and he and the band are so relaxed.

The laid back approach really shows in the perfromances, they're pretty much all knockout versions of the songs, and by not leaping around the stage anywhere near as much, Meat has the energy to really deliver the goods - althouigh you can tell that he's itching to get off that bench pretty often!

ChoccyBat
11 Jan 2004, 11:05
Thought it was absolutely brilliant! Yes, he did look like he wanted to get up and run around, but his stories were brilliant, and very different to how you hear them on the CD.

Although I think Patti looks better now (like a fine wine...) , she was very good, and funny in Paradise!!

Would soooo have loved to have been there!

Loafy Meats
29 Jan 2004, 22:56
I finally managed to order a copy of the DVD tonight. should arrive soon. can't wait....

Loafy Meats
05 Feb 2004, 13:52
I finally got my copy thru and honestly if you don't have it please go and buy it. It is a fantastic DVD - Meat up close and personal. the songs sound amazing. They stories are funny - Meat is so relaxed and into the whole thing. There is a total feel good factor about the show. I really enjoyed it.

xx

p.s. what a lovely smile Meat has - he should totally keep that up....

Keep Rocking
05 Feb 2004, 17:05
p.s. what a lovely smile Meat has - he should totally keep that up....

you mean that smile?!

http://mitglied.lycos.de/hockeyphreak/meat026.jpg

Loafy Meats
05 Feb 2004, 17:57
wow - I'm smiling too now - thanks for that

xx

goodhip
05 Feb 2004, 18:16
i have had story tellers for bout a month but have watchit it when ever i feel down it is the best pick me up ever