PDA

View Full Version : Buy the papers!!!!

Chris
19 Dec 2003, 09:22
There is a full page spread of Meat on page 3 of the Daily Mirror today!!

He fights back against Michelle's comments!!!!

DIZZY DRUMMER
19 Dec 2003, 09:24
Chris - thanks for letting us know :)

Bart
19 Dec 2003, 09:27
Can somebody put a link here or something? I live in Holland we don't have a Holy Mirror here :mrgreen:

BadAttitude
19 Dec 2003, 09:56
Can somebody put a link here or something? I live in Holland we don't have a Holy Mirror here :mrgreen:

Here you go Bart:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13739432_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-MEAT%2DYOUR%2DWORDS-name_page.html

Love & Happiness
Autumn

Bart
19 Dec 2003, 10:07
Thanx!

Very funny article indeed. :twisted:

Jayd
19 Dec 2003, 10:52
There is also an article in The Sun on page 18, not as big as the Daily Mirror's but there is a picture with it for all you girls, lol. :D

shadow1000001
19 Dec 2003, 13:00
Thanks for the link. That was good :lol:

meatfan
19 Dec 2003, 13:29
Thanks to Chris and all who put this info together!

Heather.

Vickip
19 Dec 2003, 14:26
Thanx!

Very funny article indeed. :twisted:

Right you are Bart :)
Thanks Chris & Autumn !

Vicki

SW31
19 Dec 2003, 15:21
excellant story had a good laugh so i am not the only one who dislikes mrs blobby oops michelle she will never ever be in meats leauge. 8)

Winston
19 Dec 2003, 15:24
excellant story had a good laugh so i am not the only one who dislikes mrs blobby oops michelle she will never ever be in meats leauge. 8)
i really don't think thats appropriate. It's not as if Meat is a stick insect, and none of us here take the piss out of him for his appearance.

ChrissybabezNI
19 Dec 2003, 18:25
First time I appeared in Manchester in 1977 I was 70lb more than now and I was a sex god
HELL YEAH :D :D

But then I saw this bit

FAVE FOOD: Meat Loaf

Since When?? lol

Kev
19 Dec 2003, 18:46
i really don't think thats appropriate. It's not as if Meat is a stick insect, and none of us here take the piss out of him for his appearance.
But plenty of other people do and have done, so it's not a problem... stop being such a big baby... shes a big fat useless lump of shit and IF she wins will have one album and drift off back to bonny fatland... she simply doesn't have 'the look' to stay in the limelight and is just there to be joked at, just like Rick 'Tubby' Waller...

original sin
19 Dec 2003, 19:13
:mrgreen: got it!! thanks

angelj242003
19 Dec 2003, 21:06
Oh man........ how much is 1 stone in kg????
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

12 stones???? 15 stones????........ LOL :lol:
Looks good........

AngelJ :wink:

AndyNI
19 Dec 2003, 21:15
MICHELLE:

CLOTHES: Anything as long as it's shaped like a tent

:lol:

[RDH]draconia
19 Dec 2003, 21:23
woo hoo will get both the papers when i get into work :twisted: :twisted:

ChoccyBat
19 Dec 2003, 22:04
First time I appeared in Manchester in 1977 I was 70lb more than now and I was a sex god
HELL YEAH :D :D

But then I saw this bit

FAVE FOOD: Meat Loaf

Since When?? lol

Good question! 8) As he's a veggie (hell no-one's perfect), I doubt he has eaten much of it! I think they were just having a joke there.

DebGreaves
19 Dec 2003, 22:41
My mum buys daily mirror so ill have 2 get her 2 save it for me

Debs :D

ChrissybabezNI
20 Dec 2003, 00:59
They probaby just made it up to make it look like they know all about him, I remember reading somewhere that Eminem was so named as he liked the M & M's sweets, but its because his initials are MM :?

meatfan
20 Dec 2003, 02:39
Friday's Sun write-up was utter gibberish!

Did not report correctly Meat's mood or what he said!

Heather.

Bigmomma
20 Dec 2003, 02:42
But plenty of other people do and have done, so it's not a problem... stop being such a big baby... shes a big fat useless lump of shit and IF she wins will have one album and drift off back to bonny fatland... she simply doesn't have 'the look' to stay in the limelight and is just there to be joked at, just like Rick 'Tubby' Waller...

how nice just the sort of thing i come on here to see, it is nothing to do with being a baby it is to do with feelings and the sooner you realise that the better. :evil: do you not realise saying this about one person makes other people who have weight problems feel uncomfortable?

meatfan
20 Dec 2003, 02:50
Hear hear!

My 18+ stone hubby has tried every weight loss diet imaginable!

I also remember, and still like to listen to, another weighty singer - Alison Moyet. And I love Pavarotti.

Heather.

BadAttitude
20 Dec 2003, 07:27

how nice just the sort of thing i come on here to see, it is nothing to do with being a baby it is to do with feelings and the sooner you realise that the better. :evil: do you not realise saying this about one person makes other people who have weight problems feel uncomfortable?

Bigmomma

I to do wish that people would let the size issue go and instead concentrate on the fact that Michelle does not have 1/4 the talent that Meat does and that Meat has a far better personality then her and leave the weight issue out of it entirely.

Love & Happiness
Autumn

DIZZY DRUMMER
20 Dec 2003, 08:55
Bigmomma wrote:

I to do wish that people would let the size issue go and instead concentrate on the fact that Michelle does not have 1/4 the talent that Meat does and that Meat has a far better personality then her and leave the weight issue out of it entirely.

I agree completely - weight does not matter - talent/personality/chrisma & persona do - Meat has it all

Kitty Kat
20 Dec 2003, 13:08
Oh man........ how much is 1 stone in kg????
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

12 stones???? 15 stones????........ LOL :lol:
Looks good........

1kg = 2.2lbs so one stone would be approx 6 to 6.5 kgs

Kev
20 Dec 2003, 14:59
Bigmomma wrote:

I agree completely - weight does not matter - talent/personality/chrisma & persona do - Meat has it all

Maybe in the ideal world, but lets be honest, what I said is true. Meat, Barry White and erm, I can't think of any other 'big' or formally 'big' people who are the exception. I'm sorry if people feel they have weight problems, but that is nothing to do with me.

Bigmomma
20 Dec 2003, 15:31
actually what i wrote was this;[ how nice just the sort of thing i come on here to see, it is nothing to do with being a baby it is to do with feelings and the sooner you realise that the better :evil: do you not realise saying this about one person makes other people who have weight problems feel uncomfortable ?]
now it may not be your problem if people are overweight but it would be nice if you didnt go so over board on the insults, as i really dont think they are alltogether needed.
i dont go on the merged thread as i know that this is the kind of thing i would find on their...it is so sad...and uncalled for.

DebGreaves
20 Dec 2003, 19:17
icwuke wrote

People are not being big babies. I have been battling with weight problems and have been trying to lose weight and tried various diets that have not worked since I was at school.
Also was diagnosed with depression earlier this year n the depression was leading to me comfort eating. :(

No one comes on here to be insulted, so just lay off and if saying some one is a big fat useless lump of shit isnt an insult I dont know what is

Im training to be a nurse and qualify in May, it has been 3 years hard work n studying to get this far so Id hardly call myself useless but obviously because Im overweight people like you will believe im useless :evil: , instead of finding out about people and what they are like you just judge them on appearance. :evil:

Sorry for my rant everyone but just had to say my piece

Bigmomma
20 Dec 2003, 22:15
well said deb greaves, dont apologise for saying how you feel.
i wouldn't of said it was a rant, just telling how it hurts you to hear these words.
best wishes
kezzina

DebGreaves
20 Dec 2003, 22:31
Thanks bigmomma, If there is something on my mind I have 2 say it and the comment made was bothering me which is why I said something

Debs :D

Fire Ball
20 Dec 2003, 23:17
Didn't like what the sun said but I never do, the mirror we help to create, BUT...... I sent Michelle Flowers before the show with a note saying Just having fun and good luck tonight. so be happy for her, what they go through is not easy!!

Meat

DIZZY DRUMMER
20 Dec 2003, 23:36
Good on ya Fire Ball

She definately had the best vocals of the night

hope she makes the most of it

Woman of Steel
20 Dec 2003, 23:41
"First time I appeared in Manchester in 1977 I was 70lb more than now and I was a sex god."
Was he ever right! :wink:

Well said. I agree!

shadow1000001
21 Dec 2003, 00:20
Didn't like what the sun said but I never do, the mirror we help to create, BUT...... I sent Michelle Flowers before the show with a note saying Just having fun and good luck tonight. so be happy for her, what they go through is not easy!!

Meat

That was very nice of you :D
I definately wouldn't want to go through it but I can't sing anyways. :lol:

CarylB
21 Dec 2003, 06:00
Bigmomma said:
... now it may not be your problem if people are overweight but it would be nice if you didnt go so over board on the insults, as i really dont think they are alltogether needed ...
Which says it all really.

Deb said:
... No one comes on here to be insulted, so just lay off and if saying some one is a big fat useless lump of shit isnt an insult I dont know what is ...
Nor me. And it's the kind thrown so easily by those who don't have to battle with their weight. Being overweight isn't being useles, and being slim is only an achievement if you have fought and won a battle with your weight. Using the talent you have, refusing to give up because you don't fit an expected image and succeeding despite it .. that's an achievement. Insulting people with no consideration for their, or others' feelings .. that's without much use imo.

Fireball said:
Didn't like what the sun said but I never do, the mirror we help to create, BUT...... I sent Michelle Flowers before the show ....
I'd worry about you if you DID like what the Sun prints, Meat :) And sweet to send her flowers .. she won of course .. and now it's up to her to make the most of this opportunity. She has a strong voice and determintion. I hope if she's compared to you again she has the good sense to see this is a huge compliment .. millions stand testament to your stage presence, good nature, handsome looks and sex god status :))

angelj242003
21 Dec 2003, 12:44
Thanks Kitty Kat....... so I learned something new..... :wink:

madonna123968848
21 Dec 2003, 13:51
I posted this elsewhere but have a feeling in my water that we could be seeing a duet between Meat and Michelle??? :wink: Maybe Dead Ringer???

Debbi V
21 Dec 2003, 14:24

Meat

It's like I have always said . . .

You have to be a big man to contain a big heart!! Well done, Meat! 8)

Hope to see you on your return to the US. Wishing you much affection and a very happy holiday -

Debbi V

ChrisBelfast
21 Dec 2003, 16:05

Meat

http://www.news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=2323317 has an atrical on Michelle and mentions Meat sending her flowers:

"She said that Meatloaf, who she would like to do a duet with, had sent her flowers wishing her good luck after she was compared to the singer."

i joked about them doing a duet a while back but if she has said shed like to do one, those Pop Idol idiots might well look into it! Meat dont come back to this country in january stay away until the summer then you'll be safe LOL