PDA

View Full Version : John Doe

Dave
27 May 2002, 16:26
Well, not sure how to take this, but it seems as if the show that Meat Loaf tested for Fox Broadcasting Systems was bought! Meat Loaf will be part of the cast of a weekly television show this fall called John Doe. It will air on Fox on Friday night at 9:00.
I mean, it will be GREAT to see Meat Loaf on television every week, but I KNOW this is going to have to have some impact on a possible release for Testify. I mean, how can he release a CD and do a "major tour" and still film a weekly hour-long television show?

R.
27 May 2002, 22:38
Well - depends on the show, i think.

For somebody living in Europe, American TV shows are kinda strange 8O (i'm just trying not to be impolite here :wink: ).

Anyway, basically I think that this idea isn't that bad.
But as I don't know that show I have to vote No here.

8)
R.

Dave
28 May 2002, 02:01
LOL...Lord knows Big Brother did not come from America, that show is so strange that I HAVE to watch it!!!

R.
28 May 2002, 17:39
Big Brother isn't strange, it' simply sick. :))
R.

Rob The Badger
28 May 2002, 19:42
It's rather strange, in pretty much all the european Big Brother's they've had some sort of sexual encounter. 8O
I think the U.K version is like the only one that hasn't, however the new series just started so we'll have to wait and see. :wink:

Jaymze
28 May 2002, 22:40
I think it's a great idea for Meat to be appearing in this show. After Testify it'll give him a break from music and a usual televison series runs in the states for around seven years, by which time he'll be ready to release a new album, maybe even Bat III and we all know how good his work is when he hasn't released an album for a while.

Dave
28 May 2002, 23:46
...and this is just my humble opinion...

I HOPE that we will not have to suffer for years and years without new Meat Loaf music.

Timewarp.nl
29 May 2002, 11:26
I am shaming for it but big brother is dutch.
first series and second series were viewed by a lot of people, but the rest failed miserably. also the spin-off like the bar, the bus, etc. are disasters. Nobody watches them.

Puritan
29 May 2002, 11:54
It appears to me that music is yet again suffering because of Meat’s acting career. I love the music and have little interest in the acting or films generally. Therefore to see Meat regularly on a weekly TV show has no appeal to me

It is extremely frustrating awaiting new material – particularly as it was expected some time ago

However at Meat’s age you cannot blame Meat doing what he wants to do. It seems acting is what he really now loves – you get the impression that the music is now his second choice and often seems to me to get in his way?

I was looking forward to Testify and tours in support of the album. I guess because of his acting career we have to accept there will be very little new music from Meat in the future – a difficult thing for us music lovers to do but c’est la vie!

Dave
31 May 2002, 03:37
Rumor has it Meat has been replaced on the show...will find out more and let you know!

Shane
31 May 2002, 11:38
I heard that Meat isn't going to be in John Doe....AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGG!!!

I am fan of Meat's acting just as much as his singing, so this is very sad news from my point of view...but I probably would never have seen the series anyway since I'm in New Zealand.