PDA

View Full Version : Something very funny my friend said today

needmoremeat
03 Dec 2003, 20:38
I was talking to my friend at school today, and she was saying she was talking to her Dad about music, and he'd said about Meat collapsing "because he put so much passion into his songs." My friend (who's very much into pop music) replied quite seriously, "Oh yeah, so does Justin Timberlake."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The Flying Mouse
03 Dec 2003, 20:49
:twisted: I just don't know what to say to that except :lmao: in fact ROFLMFAO.

Lauren
03 Dec 2003, 21:05
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why not try to enlighten her? Bombard her with all meats albums until she learns what passionate music is!

Rob The Badger
03 Dec 2003, 21:08
I rather like Mr. Timberlake. . .probably for all the wrong reasons though. . .
But seriously, his songs are better than people give him credit for.

little_dancer
03 Dec 2003, 21:09
Maybe Justin Collapses because his dancing is as uninpressive as his music- sorry just my opinion (he tries to do a 'michael jackson' and it's quite amusing-maybe he tripped :lol: )

Lauren
03 Dec 2003, 21:14
Maybe Justin Collapses because his dancing is as uninpressive as his music- sorry just my opinion (he tries to do a 'michael jackson' and it's quite amusing-maybe he tripped :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice one little dancer!

Rob The Badger
03 Dec 2003, 21:18

But he's so pretty! 8O

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/10/31/justint.jpg

Woman of Steel
03 Dec 2003, 21:23
Pretty?? He whines. I agree with little dancer: he probably collapsed while attempting to dance. Or sing *WOS shudders at the thought*...But y'all are entitled to your opinion.

little_dancer
03 Dec 2003, 21:24
ok, I am not going to make fun of Justin anymore after this- He has a HUGE fan base so SOME people must dig his stuff but...

GIRLIE ARMS< GIRLIE ARMS- I could benchpress you Justin :lol:

Having said that he is a performer and we should respect him, he's doin' his thing- god bless!

Rob The Badger
03 Dec 2003, 21:30
You're all so mean! 8O :cry:

*Walks off alone and cries*

needmoremeat
03 Dec 2003, 21:42

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OK, so he's got the looks, but seriously, Justin or Meat for everything put together? (sex appeal, talent, looks, dedication, etc) I nominate the latter :D

Testify
03 Dec 2003, 21:42
awwww poor badger.... see what you've done :lol: :P

little_dancer
03 Dec 2003, 22:00
Sex Appeal : to be blunt
Meat Loaf: MAN

Justin : little boy

Meat Loaf is SOOOOO sexy, sensuous, sexUAL Justin is....pretty, in a girlish kind of way, I guess, but he's just so plain...He's 15 minutes...

Again, I respect the guy- and he seems to have a good following, so I can only assume that there is a BIG market for his type of stuff...I really shouldn't be making fun of him- because he seems like a good person...

But, again, to be blunt...it's like comparing a commercial for coke with a Wagner work....popshit is popshit- MUSIC is art. Just my opinion, however-and I have no ill wishes against Justin

Or a commercial for McDonald's :lmao:

Rob The Badger
03 Dec 2003, 22:24
I really think Justin's stuff in better than 90% of the pop shit out there.

bambi
03 Dec 2003, 22:26
awwww stop picking on badger *picks badger up n huggles him*

8O i much prefer keanu reeves!! yum yum

n e 1 seen the new matrix move??

little_dancer
03 Dec 2003, 22:31
Yes, Eyeore, in that you are correct- you CAN do much worse than Justin Timberlake...

As I have stated, he is a performer and I respect him, even if I don't like his genre of music (or his girlie arms :lol: )

One of my roomates, an MC named MASIA ONE who has an album out right now (as a matter of fact, her video is premiering on Much Music sometime next week, and my boyfriend is in it :D - *little brag there)
is a HUGE Justin Timberlake fan, and she doesn't even listen to pop music-she's more of a hip-hop urban music/ afrobeats fan. My boyfriend (also a musician, who doesn't like pop) says that Justin is very talented, and quite bright.

So there you go, Eyeore- you're not alone- he's a well respected man...within the industry, and within the public.

But he don't have the sex appeal of lucious Mr. Loaf by a long shot :P

Rob The Badger
03 Dec 2003, 22:41
:cry:

Woman of Steel
03 Dec 2003, 23:53
But he don't have the sex appeal of lucious Mr. Loaf by a long shot :P
Justin Temberlake, anywhere near as sexy as Meat? 8O No way. :twisted:

ChrissybabezNI
04 Dec 2003, 00:11
I don't mind JT but in my view theres no comparison with him and Meat!

Cpl Mickey
04 Dec 2003, 00:31
awe poor Badger. I agree though that although Justin has got a good fan base and he is talented, he will never be a sex God like Meat :twisted:

RSG
04 Dec 2003, 00:39
I rather like Mr. Timberlake. . .probably for all the wrong reasons though. . .
But seriously, his songs are better than people give him credit for.

1st off, wrong reasons? wut do u mean by that?:D :?

2nd off.his songs are good,
his voice is often really high pitched, which sometimes, is pretty funny. i would rather listen to meat than timberlake, but justin is pretty talented.
:P 8)

BillyPhatu
04 Dec 2003, 01:13
Justin Timberlake is a fine young singer and performer. You can't compare him and Meat, but I would say that, in terms of entertainment value and dedication, Justin is the Meat Loaf of the pop world right now.

heat
04 Dec 2003, 06:18
his voice is often really high pitched, which sometimes, is pretty funny

That's because his voice hasn't broken as yet......

But JT v Meat????

NO competion at all....Gimme a real man any day... not some little boy....

rick
04 Dec 2003, 11:12
get a new freind

Jayd
04 Dec 2003, 11:19
I think J.T tries to sound like Micheal Jackson and a lot of people I know, even people who like his music agree.

kaz
04 Dec 2003, 11:49
:D hehe, you lot are sooooooo funny :D

i hate JT- sorry but i do, can't stand him at all!

Don't worry badger i still like you even though you like JD your also a Meat fan so we still ahve something in common

cheer up- hundreds of people like JT so you're in good company!

angelj242003
04 Dec 2003, 15:52
Justin ...... who........ oh no, no, no :evil:

He is a screeming little boy........
Only little girls love him and his music....... :wink:
He could be the son of most of us..... :oops:

so come on we need a man.... ok the man... :wink:
AngelJ XXX :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Loafy Meats
04 Dec 2003, 16:05
Well I'm going to Justin's concert on the Friday night and Meat's on the Saturday so I'll be able to tell you who was the best (even though most of you will say Meat already)........ I'll be totally knackered from the hysteria....

Woman of Steel
04 Dec 2003, 17:57
Justin ...... who........ oh no, no, no :evil:

He is a screeming little boy........
Only little girls love him and his music....... :wink:
And only the little girls who can stand to listen to him whine and watch his poor excuse for dancing...Sorry all, but I hate Justin.

DebGreaves
04 Dec 2003, 19:25
u r not the only one who hates Justin WOS, I cant stand him either. His whining voice really gets on my nerves

Debs

needmoremeat
04 Dec 2003, 19:37
In the lyrics (almost) of Jim Steinman "there's no one in the universe as magical and wonderous as" Meat :) Oh hang, on what about Jim?? He did write that after all.............Alright then, "there's no one in the universe as magical and wonderous as" Meat and Jim. That's better :D
My friend saw Justin at the telewest and he thought it was just pure shite!! :lol: It was just the comparison between Meat and Justin that got me. I was a bit annoyed at first when my Justin fan friend said that, but a couple of hours later I was in hysterics :D I wonder what Meat would think of that? :wink:

Suddenly I really hope my Justin fan friend doesn't visit this site by chance and see what's on here!!!!!! :D She'd probably never talk to me again!!!! :D

Rob The Badger
04 Dec 2003, 20:31
Only little girls love him and his music.......
:( :cry:
That hurt.

Woman of Steel
04 Dec 2003, 22:07
Only little girls love him and his music.......
:( :cry:
That hurt.
Oh, not really directed at you, badger, I'm sure. Poor badger, but you also like Meat, so you are not a little girl, you just like (gag) JT.

angel eyes
05 Dec 2003, 02:56
I prefer Justin Hawkins (Darkness) to JT at least he is a bit of a character!
No one could ever come close to Meat IMO :D

He is the bees knees!!

Love

Angelxxx

bambi
05 Dec 2003, 17:28
wow i luv the darkness wish they were still supportin meat loaf tho cudda killed 2 birds with 1 stone!

Skeleton
05 Dec 2003, 18:25
Even I sing lower than Timberlake. In my opinion Justin sucks. Sorry if I hurt someoneīs feelings. Iīve been grown up listening to heavy rock. (almost 13 years) Thatīs why I donīt like pop music. ROCK RULES!

Rob The Badger
05 Dec 2003, 19:18
It's not pop that's bad, it's the charts. I'll give some great examples of brilliant pop music: The Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Smiths (more indy than pop, but whatever), Meat Loaf, Tubeway Army.
Besides, pop is too much of a generalisation. As is rock.

Besides, Meat Loaf, could never, ever be considered as 'Heavy Rock'. That's stuff like Led Zep (Robert Plant, swoon).

Ahem. . .carry on.

P.S. The Darkness rule, everyone buy their X-Mas single!

Skeleton
05 Dec 2003, 21:32
Eyeore The Badger wrote: It's not pop that's bad, it's the charts. I'll give some great examples of brilliant pop music: The Beach Boys, The Beatles, The Smiths (more indy than pop, but whatever), Meat Loaf, Tubeway Army.
Besides, pop is too much of a generalisation. As is rock.

Besides, Meat Loaf, could never, ever be considered as 'Heavy Rock'. That's stuff like Led Zep (Robert Plant, swoon).

Ahem. . .carry on.

P.S. The Darkness rule, everyone buy their X-Mas single!

According to the Guinnes world records (2000) Meatīs Bat Out Of Hell is the best selling HEAVY rock LP in UK. So Meat is not pop singer. Heīs rock singer. But I didnīt say that Meatīs still singing heavy rock...

Rob The Badger
05 Dec 2003, 22:26
I'm still going to disagree.
Heaven Can Wait is not a heavy rock song.
The only 'heavy' song on that entire album is Bat, and that's not really that heavy.

BillyPhatu
07 Dec 2003, 15:19
I always thought Meat was rock-opera?

jcmoorehead
07 Dec 2003, 20:24

Thats what he can be classed as but its not a full blown genre. I'd say Meat Is Rock Music

Rob The Badger
07 Dec 2003, 21:21

He is.

Skeleton
08 Dec 2003, 12:32
Dear Eyeore The Badger. I agree with you that only Bat is Heavy rock but, Meat still sing Rock music. Not pop music like you told. Itīs really hard to deside what is heavy and which not. But how you describe Hard rock? I really donīt know the defferences between heavy and hard rock. Does anyone know?

Rob The Badger
08 Dec 2003, 18:27
I used pop as a general term.
Anyway, hard rock and heavy rock is the same thing.

Skeleton
16 Dec 2003, 14:29
OK! Iīm used to use the real term of music īcouse I talk a lot ībout music with my friend. Oh heavy rock and hard rock means the same. Thanks ībout the information.

little_dancer
16 Dec 2003, 23:49
Moshachic: Darkness rocks! :D

Have you seen the video for "I believe in a thing called Love"??? Hilarious!! pure cheeze...

and Badger: don't back down- if you like JT that's you're perogative, he's not my thing, but his HUGE fan base must mean something. Hey, he's not Eminem, right- At least his music is positive- AND VERY POPULAR and I'd never judge ANYBODY for what they dig- I dig all kinds o' stuff :D

Stuff you would probably laugh your butt off about :lol:

Rob The Badger
17 Dec 2003, 17:26
Moshachic:
and Badger: don't back down- if you like JT that's you're perogative, he's not my thing, but his HUGE fan base must mean something. Hey, he's not Eminem, right- At least his music is positive- AND VERY POPULAR and I'd never judge ANYBODY for what they dig- I dig all kinds o' stuff :D

Stuff you would probably laugh your butt off about :lol:

:D

And Meat's new record is a POP album.

White of High
17 Dec 2003, 20:42
But he's so pretty! 8O

http://images.chron.com/content/news/photos/02/10/31/justint.jpg

Eeehhh! I have never seen this boy before!

bambi
17 Dec 2003, 20:43
yea i hav its great!! hav u herd the new christmas single its V funny!! :lol: