PDA

View Full Version : Why Isnt That Enough...?

Shawmtloaf
18 Nov 2003, 12:18
Meat, to have stood on stage for as long as you did on monday at wembley; and how noble you were in the face of illness; you are the most courageous of human beings. I cried with admiration for the way in which you conducted yourself. But, more than anything else, it worries and saddens me beyond words to hear how you choose to continue performing against the advice of your doctors; Meat, please, please stop and give your body the time it needs to recover - you do too much. The schedule for this tour is one of the most torturous Ive ever seen; and if it was a promoter who pushed you to do all those cross country dates, then they should be ashamed of themselves. I never thought Id hear myself saying this; but please Meat, its time to do fewer shows (even pre-Bat Outta Hell, you pushed yourself too far...) I think it is time to start looking after yourself - (I can only imagine how painful this must be for your family?) even if looking after yourself means saving your voice for the one show that you are hopefully recording for DVD, in Australia - at least we will have that show as a special keep-sake. Your fans love you to pieces big guy and nothing will ever take away the love and respect that we have for you and we know that you love us too, but theres only so far one human being can push himself when he thinks he has to prove it. We pray for your speedy recovery, and may God bless you always...

Ben
18 Nov 2003, 12:22
Well said!

whats this about a Dvd being recorded? is that definate or not?

Shawmtloaf
18 Nov 2003, 12:28
Well said!

whats this about a Dvd being recorded? is that definate or not?

Hey :)

As far as i know, the DVD isnt definate. Last i heard they were in talks over recording one of Meats Autralian shows, with a big orchestra - in the same way that KISS did for their newest DVD... fingers crossed because i think its looooooong overdue!

Take care,
Ewan :)

tukayaway
18 Nov 2003, 14:57
Well said Shawn. As much as I love the guy, last night was painful to watch. I think he wanted to be on stage as he had already taken so much time off. But it's no excuse for putting his health at risk.

He wasn't half-hearted, far from it. It's just that his voice wasn't there. I've been battling myself with flu and god knows what recently. Unfortunately it takes a while to recover. I hope Meat takes a couple of weeks off to fully recover, I don't think any of us would mind waiting.

Take care Meat, please think of yourself before going out to perform.

little_dancer
18 Nov 2003, 18:34
Very well said.

Meat Loaf- we love ya!- Take the time you need to get better, you deserve (and really need) a rest. :)

RSG
18 Nov 2003, 20:54
Well said, Well said! 8)

shadow1000001
19 Nov 2003, 00:58
Very well said.

Meat Loaf- we love ya!- Take the time you need to get better, you deserve (and really need) a rest. :)

Very well said :lol:

Vickip
19 Nov 2003, 03:20
Very well said.

I couldn't agree more !
Vicki

ChrissybabezNI
20 Nov 2003, 15:44
I agree with everything that has been said.
Meat needs to get better and put his health before anything else.

Skeleton
20 Nov 2003, 16:14
I agree with everything that has been said.
Meat needs to get better and put his health before anything else.

I think the same. Meat needs rest more than anything else.

Woman of Steel
20 Nov 2003, 16:34
So may heart warming comments!! :D It is a shame Meat left the site, or he would see all of the comments from the fans that love him! All I can say is, Meat, I love you and you rock the world. :wink:

ChoccyBat
20 Nov 2003, 22:45
Yes he left, but then he came back so I hope when he is ok again he gets chance to read everything and see what we have all said - especially as it seems he is getting very few gifts in hospital.