PDA

View Full Version : double standards

Bigmomma
16 Nov 2003, 15:34
before i start i know this will probably get locked as seems to be the
habit on here.
Also i am not on any ones side, i just belive in equal standards for
everyone wether they are moderators or forum members.
when the card was put on the other yesterday i thought it was a great
way of showing meat we care, i signed that one the same as i signed
the one on oifc and on this forum.
luckily i did because it was locked two minutes later, did it take me away
from here no, because it was a link, the same as David puts on with
photos on his site, and other forum members put on i wont print their
names as they are mere members, but why aren't their links taken of
or locked the same as ROL's.
I am sorry if this seems like a stupid question only i don't understand
why it should be ROL that allways get blocked.
I am not on the team of ROL, merely a meatloaf fan and a browser of
meatloaf sites any sites that i can view this great man, and i think he would be offended at the unfairness of this.
kezzina

Sue K
16 Nov 2003, 16:08
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:48 pm Post subject: On-Line Get Well Card For Meat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody.

We have a Get Well Card for Meat you can sign on-line for the next couple of days. Here's the direct link :

http://www.republic-of-loafdom.com/cgi-bin/Mbook/GetWell/guestbook.cgi

Thanks
Vicki

David M. Driskell
Law And Order

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:24 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Locked as posts aimed at moving traffic away from MLUKFC to other sites have generally not been accepted well in the past.

Further, there is already a \"Get Well Meat\" thread on the board

http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2586&start=0

ROCK ON MLUKFC!!!

Yes, Kezzina, I agree. You know, Meat had his troubles here, left, came back and smoothed things. Seems to me that that should have set an example for all.

But then he's a bigger man than most, isn't he?

Seems to me something like this just invites conflict to the board.

But I would say that, of course, being a part of ROL.

siiigh...guess Meat's closing the show with WE ARE FAMILY is all in vain. The message does not seem to get through.

SUE aka tink of ROL...aka the minion..aka..oh lots of other names probably unmentionable in a public forum... :lmao:

original sin
16 Nov 2003, 16:27
Well Bigmomma to coin a phrase
"you took the words right out of my mouth"

Quiet frankly I was appalled when I saw the locking of this thread this morning and I'll say my piece quickly before this one gets locked.

I would like to make the following points:-

1/ I sincerely doubt this was intended as drawing traffic away from mlukfc, as we are talking about a team of ladies who are actually very supportive of these forums.

2/ Links DO NOT draw people away from this site as when you click a link a SEPERATE window opens and YOU REMAIN in MLUKFC in the originating thread

3/ If it is a genuine concern that people are being drawn away from mlukfc I would suggest that ALL forum members remove the links used in their signatues to other sites.

Quite frankly all sorts spring to mind with this, double stands as you say, hidden agendas and lord knows what else.

Damn! and I thought people were starting to pull together.

Bigmomma
16 Nov 2003, 16:35
so did i sin, when meat said in his post the other day that loyalty meant
more to him than money, i didnt see any part in his post wether
that loyalty came from, ROL,MLUKFC, or OIFC, or any other site for that
matter, but i think everyone pulling together on meats health should
mean more than any site preference at the moment.
kezzina

and surely signing a get well card means a lot to meat.

Sue K
16 Nov 2003, 17:03
I don't see why this thread should go into lockdown. It's on the FEEDBACK forum of the board and that's what is being done. Feedback is being given about something that happened on the board.

Thank you both, Kezzina and Sin for your support.

Take Care.

XO

CarylB
16 Nov 2003, 17:19
Locked as posts aimed at moving traffic away from MLUKFC to other sites have generally not been accepted well in the past.

No such intent. No more than when links are given to other people's webspace to see pictures/reviews, or listen to clips. This is done regularly. A window opens, people can see/listen/write and then close the window. They have technically not left the UK forum site.

Further, there is already a "Get Well Meat" thread on the board
Fail to see the relevance of this. Surely Meat can't have enough good messages? There's a link to the OIFC card, and if anyone puts up another card I will happily sign it.

This is a simple card for heavens sake. It's not a devious ploy to get people to wander round ROL .. we're not asking them to sign a guest book (we merely use a guestbook programme so people can sign the card) .. just pop over, send a get well message to Meat and come back here.

I am reminded of Ricky Tomlinson's favourite comment in the Royale Family .. but better not quote that here .. I'll just use instead the Royal Family's motto ..
Honi soit qui mal y pense .. I think that covers it :)

Vickip
16 Nov 2003, 17:49
I don't see why this thread should go into lockdown. It's on the FEEDBACK forum of the board and that's what is being done. Feedback is being given about something that happened on the board.

Take Care.

XO

I absolutely agree tink ....
thank you, Kezzina, and Sin for all of your support.

Vicki
xo

Tim
16 Nov 2003, 17:53
Maybe it has to do with the fact that there was a card send to ML a while ago. It was send all over the world, only thing you would have to do is saying that you wanted to sign it. Then the card was send to you.

Maybe another thing is that it is a link to a site that can't be put her on the board. I know that my site can't be here cause that ain't.... euh.. how do you say that.... legally :lol:

But i agree with you that it ain't much fun when your post is clossed when the only thing you are doing is positive and okay.

The Butcher.

original sin
16 Nov 2003, 18:02
actually Tim whilst I can see your point i have to disagree with you.

the last get well card was for his hosipatilsation at the begining of the summer - this is regarding his recent bout of flu.

and It is more the reasons given don't add up(imo) when looked at as you will see in the points i raised in my last post.

With all the love there ever was
Sin

CarylB
16 Nov 2003, 18:03
Yes Tim .. but that was a card for then .. this is to do with him being under the weather now ..

and there are plenty of sites get linked here regularly .. some people even have their main page url as part of their signature. And as you say .. it's just a card .. and it's for Meat .. and I thought that was what we were about .. :?

dottie
16 Nov 2003, 19:01
http://republic-of-loafdom.com/main/route.htm

dottie
16 Nov 2003, 19:05

Em
16 Nov 2003, 19:11
Perhaps I misunderstood.... but David didn't remove the link to ROL. That is still there for anyone to find. I was a bit surprised to find it locked but decided that David had locked that thread to prevent any negative posts being added and an argument starting ......as it has in the past.

ROSIE
16 Nov 2003, 19:14
Does it matter how many sites there are surley it means meat music is spreading and if he gets cards from different places that's good we all want to know people care about us when we are ill

Rosie

original sin
16 Nov 2003, 19:15
Perhaps I misunderstood.... but David didn't remove the link to ROL. That is still there for anyone to find. I was a bit surprised to find it locked but decided that David had locked that thread to prevent any negative posts being added and an argument starting ......as it has in the past.

eh I didn't think so as his post said the following:

Further, there is already a "Get Well Meat" thread on the board

So I'm sorry Em but I can't agree with you on that one - if those had been the sentiments they might have been more understandable

shadow1000001
16 Nov 2003, 19:22

Take Care.

XO

Well said Tink. :lol:

You are right Bigmomma, it is not fair. I am not on ROL's team either but I don't understand why it would be locked.

dottie
16 Nov 2003, 19:24
[quote="original sin"]Well Bigmomma to coin a phrase
"you took the words right out of my mouth"

Quiet frankly I was appalled when I saw the locking of this thread this morning and I'll say my piece quickly before this one gets locked.

I would like to make the following points:-

1/ I sincerely doubt this was intended as drawing traffic away from mlukfc, as we are talking about a team of ladies who are actually very supportive of these forums.

2/ Links DO NOT draw people away from this site as when you click a link a SEPERATE window opens and YOU REMAIN in MLUKFC in the originating thread

3/ If it is a genuine concern that people are being drawn away from mlukfc I would suggest that ALL forum members remove the links used in their signatues to other sites.

1,2,3, it's so easy to agree :!:

PanicLord
16 Nov 2003, 19:46
I agree with Dottie - pretty weird to block access to a Meat Loaf get well card, regardless of how many there are!

If it was an anti-Meat site, then I could understand it, but that's pretty unlikely, don't you think? 8)

[RDH]draconia
16 Nov 2003, 20:50
does it really matter????
shouldnt all meatloaf fan sites surport each other?????

we all LOVE the big man :devil:
plus its no good getting at other ML sites it would just be like football teams (dont they all hate eachother?????)

be nice i am sure the no matter how many fan sites there are meatloaf LOVES all his fans

Vickip
16 Nov 2003, 21:05
1,2,3, it's so easy to agree :!:

Why thank you Dottie and Maria :))
Vicki

R.
16 Nov 2003, 22:48
We do have links posting to other websites. You might want to have a closer look at the forums. Contents of these topics has been agreed with me and/or my mods. I don't remember receiving a PM considering this and it would have been quite easy to get in contact with the webteam in order to arrange this.

However, I do remember that there was another "fight" about a similiar topic while i was on vacation earlier. Obviously you all found a way to sort this out without my intervention. As I'm in London right now, I suggest you try to sort this out the same way you did in September.

And you all should stop posting messages containing links to other websites as I consider this as spam.

This discussion ends here now.