PDA

View Full Version : Who Needs the Young?

rockfenris2005
07 Nov 2003, 08:13
A dirty, lascivious little pleaser - Jim Steinman's cabaret / Brecht number which WAS the 8th track on BAT OUT OF HELL (and was previously used in THE DREAM ENGINE and NEVERLAND). A compelling ditty - you really must hear it (if possible). I have it on THE DREAM ENGINE album, as well as my NEVERLAND album. Purely thrilling. Lyrics are available at the Stienman site (am I allowed to say this?). Anywayz, gr8 song. I give it
10 / 10. Hope it makes it onto Bat 3

Bohemian
07 Nov 2003, 12:31
I've never liked that song. I had heard raves about it before hearing it. And then it came... and I was thouroughly disappointed. It is not just not as good as the expectation I had developed from the hype - it aint' no good at all.

I'm guessing it won't be on Bat Three (maybe in some form or another, of course) but if it is I'm also guessing it will be much reworked than the version I've heard.

Oh BTW - the version of it I refer to (the only one I've heard) is the Dream Engine recording.

Bohemian

evil nickname
07 Nov 2003, 14:20
I believe a bit of it was also reused in Tanz der Vampire ("In Der Gruft" if I'm correct)... musically it's okay, not that special - and lyrically I find it lacking.

Tim
08 Nov 2003, 18:40
About the musicals.... does anyone has some Jim Steinmans musicals on cd??? I'm very interested in them.
I've only got The Dream Engine.

Pleas contact if you have one.

The Butcher, ,Tim

evil nickname
08 Nov 2003, 21:04
On CD I only have Tanz and Whistle.

Woman of Steel
09 Nov 2003, 00:15
Who Needs The Young...if you're into black humor, I guess it would be the song for you. I may need to broaden my tastes, it's one I've not heard. Steiman Musicals are available on CD? 8O Or is this another just in the UK thing?

Tim
09 Nov 2003, 12:39
Woman of steel, no, no just a UK thing.

I've got the Dream Engine on cd. It is a great musical. Very funny to listen to.
And i think that there are more on cd to find.

The Butcher, Tim

rockfenris2005
09 Nov 2003, 13:09
Actually, there's not. There bootlegs - and available online, somewhere... but it'd be illegal to discuss that, or provide links: