PDA

View Full Version : Meat-related songs

Michael Marxen
19 Oct 2003, 16:26
1. Gregg Fulkerson - A Date With Destiny

"I originally wrote this song for another artist that was under the same management I was under at the time...the record was called Bat Out Of Hell II, and needless to say, it didn`t get on the record as all the songs were written by Mr. Steinman (a hero of mine, as is, of course Mr. Loaf)."

Taken from Gregg Fulkersons liner notes on the recently released album MelodicRock.com, Volume 1. Available at www.melodicrock.com

Very nice ballad that would have suited Meat and vice versa IMO.

Michael Marxen
19 Oct 2003, 16:46
2. Harem Scarem - Give It To You
(from their new album Higher)

"...big Meat Loaf style chorus..."

Singer Harry Hess in a track-by track interview about the album on melodicrock.com.

Just a bit like Meat Loaf style and no Meat Loaf quality IMO.

Michael Marxen
19 Oct 2003, 16:53
3. "Fire...Ice"(?)

as far as I know there was a song with that kind of title written by Jim Peterik (ex-Survivor) and Mick Jones (Foreigner) in the early stages of CHSIB/Testify. Would have loved to hear Meat do it, as Peterik is one of my favorite songwriters. Does anyone know if it ever was recorded and what happened to that song? Peterik has not used it for one of his other projects since.

R.
19 Oct 2003, 17:07
I think this should be in TTBH. 8)

White of High
21 Oct 2003, 16:20
4. Trans-Siberian Orchestra - The Dark

Starting of this song's like Original Sin and in the middle you hear a guitar solo what takes after Stark Raving Love's guitar solo! I think this is the best song on Beethoven's Last Night CD!