PDA

View Full Version : FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - to be performed with orchestra!!!!!!!!

Shane
09 Oct 2003, 00:59
I thought this was important enough that it get its own post rather than being posted under another topic.

Anyway, I have found an article which appears to confirm that FCOL WILL BE PERFORMED with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra when Meat tours Australia with it next year.

Even if you can't make it to an Australian concert, the recent news that a DVD/CD will be made of the concerts will enable everyone to hear it.

The article also mentions Meat's appearance at a music store signing in Australia.

Here it is:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/07/1065292590370.html

THANK YOU MEAT!!!!

SueW
09 Oct 2003, 01:16
I just hope that he sings the WHOLE song and not just part of it again.

Anyone else notice that this is the second article that mentions his NINE piece band?!!

Sue
http://www.KasimInfo.com

Jayd
09 Oct 2003, 01:17
Wow, can't wait to see this, it sounds great :D

Vickip
09 Oct 2003, 01:25
I thought this was important enough that it get its own post rather than being posted under another topic.

Anyway, I have found an article which appears to confirm that FCOL WILL BE PERFORMED with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra when Meat tours Australia with it next year.

Even if you can't make it to an Australian concert, the recent news that a DVD/CD will be made of the concerts will enable everyone to hear it.

The article also mentions Meat's appearance at a music store signing in Australia.

Here it is:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/07/1065292590370.html

THANK YOU MEAT!!!!

Excellent :))
Thank you so much for passing this along Shane !!!

Now I wonder how much would it cost to fly to Australia :wink:
Vicki

MBrevard
09 Oct 2003, 01:31
Thank you, Shane, for finding this article and comfirming what I had read yesterday!!!! I was hoping something more would be said/printed about it!! Great to know this is REALLY going to happen--even better because of FCOL being included!!!

Yeah, Sue, I noticed the '9 member band' comments. What's going on here and where did these folks get this information??

You and me, both, Vicki! Wish I were better at traveling!! This is something NOT to be missed!!! :bunny:

Love,
MB
xxx

Vickip
09 Oct 2003, 02:01
Thank you, Shane, for finding this article and comfirming what I had read yesterday!!!! I was hoping something more would be said/printed about it!! Great to know this is REALLY going to happen--even better because of FCOL being included!!!

You are absolutely right :))

I've never seen him sing FCOL ... so even though I hope you're right Sue and he sings the whole song, I'll be just as happy if I only get to see a part of it !!

Yeah, Sue, I noticed the '9 member band' comments. What's going on here and where did these folks get this information??

Maybe they're trying to tell us something :??:

You and me, both, Vicki! Wish I were better at traveling!! This is something NOT to be missed!!! :bunny:

Love,
MB
xxx

Definitely :) I wish I was better at traveling too ... I just don't think I could handle that 14 hour flight 8O We'll just be there with them in spirit ... and hope it doesn't take them too long to put the DVD together :))

Vicki

sherrie87
09 Oct 2003, 03:43
Grrr...the quote thingy won't stay where I want it.....

"The man who has sold 60 million records - half of them Bat Out of Hell - and who was discovered in 1975 starring in the Rocky Horror Picture Show - blended into the Centrepoint food court with his tuna, ham and chicken sandwiches and a diet Coke."

Wow, I can just see ML taking a break at the food court. Why doesn't that sort of thing happen at my local food court? 8) Are we to understand that he ate three sandwiches- where do you think the reporter got this info? :P At least he has outstanding taste in beverages!

Sherrie

[/quote]

MBrevard
09 Oct 2003, 04:17
Hey, Sherrie, I can think of several food courts out this way, which would be perfect!!! Any kind of food you can imagine!! (And I know you're only jealous about the Coke because you can't have it for a little while! :roll: Sorry, kiddo! We love it, too!! It's the preferred drink for the younger members of this household! :wink: )

I wish Meat had done some CD signings over here during the tour!! But then, with him not feeling well, maybe it was better for him that he didn't?! Perhaps he'll consider it when he comes back during the 4th leg??? I've never gone to one before--what fun--no matter how long the lines are!

Vicki--Fourteen hours by plane??!! Nope, I don't think I'm ready for that yet!!! Nine or ten in a car was about my limit this summer--and that was with Meat's music blasting through the car's stereo system the entire time!!! Thank heavens for that, or my poor hubby would have had to listen to me screaming the whole way! (Of course, I WAS singing along with the songs and I suppose, to some, there is only a subtle difference between the two! :lmao: )

I wonder what other songs Meat and the band will be performing??

Love,
MB
xxx

sherrie87
09 Oct 2003, 04:27
MB said:

I finally realized that everyone was talking about Kiss the band, not Kiss the song (as in A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste), but I sure was thrilled when I thought they meant the song! That is one of my favorites (okay, I have a lot of favorites! :lol: ), I absolutely love the version on the Storytellers DVD! Maybe it will show up in the show, we can always hope!

I've never been to a CD signing, but I've sure spend many hours waiting in line for autographs at Dr. Who conventions when I was a teen, I'd imagine that they are similar. (ie; hours and hours of mind numbing queueing up, followed by 5 second of exhilaration and terror as you meet "the star".) I also used to work at a book store that had book signings quite often, much shorter lines but the idea is the same.

Sherrie

Vickip
09 Oct 2003, 04:40
Hey, Sherrie, I can think of several food courts out this way, which would be perfect!!! Any kind of food you can imagine!! (And I know you're only jealous about the Coke because you can't have it for a little while! :roll: Sorry, kiddo! We love it, too!! It's the preferred drink for the younger members of this household! :wink: )

We have the perfect one for him at our local Mall :) I just can't picture him eating 3 sandwiches ... but that Diet Coke really does sound good right now :wink:

I wish Meat had done some CD signings over here during the tour!! But then, with him not feeling well, maybe it was better for him that he didn't?! Perhaps he'll consider it when he comes back during the 4th leg??? I've never gone to one before--what fun--no matter how long the lines are!

I was thinking exactly the same thing, especially since he was on the East Coast right when the CD was released :) I'm sure it was because his schedule was so hectic when he was finishing the tour .... but you never know, maybe he'll have time to do something before he goes to Germany, or like you say, during the 4th leg :) I've never gone to one before either ... it definitely sounds like a lot of fun !!

Vicki--Fourteen hours by plane??!! Nope, I don't think I'm ready for that yet!!! Nine or ten in a car was about my limit this summer--and that was with Meat's music blasting through the car's stereo system the entire time!!! Thank heavens for that, or my poor hubby would have had to listen to me screaming the whole way! (Of course, I WAS singing along with the songs and I suppose, to some, there is only a subtle difference between the two! :lmao: )
[quote="MBrevard"]

I know what you mean .. I could barely handle the 2 hour flight to Florida last December :lmao: My Mom and I listened to my CHSIB CD the entire time during the trip to Mohegan Sun :) She'd never admit it ... but she actually liked it :))

[quote=MBrevard]

Love,
MB
xxx

Let's see .... I'm sure the definites will be :
FCOL, Paradise, Bat, Anything For Love, Couldn't Have Said It Better

For the new songs ... probably Testify, Did I Say That? (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MEAT) and maybe Because of You or Love You Out Loud

But how about Rock N Roll Dreams?

There are just too many great songs to choose from .. I know whatever they do will be brilliant :))

Vicki

Aus_loaf
09 Oct 2003, 04:59
Sue
OMG!!! My all time, very favourite Meat track! If anyone's heard him sing it on "Live Around The World" you'll have some idea of what to expect. It's so far beyond the studio version on Bat 1 there's no comparison. I think I'll feel like I've died and gone to heaven, especially if he does sing the whole song (AND HE'D BETTER!!! :evil: ) The only thing that could make it even more stupendous would be if he was to sing Surf's Up as well - I think I'd be a puddle on the floor after that! :wink:

Luv & Hugs
Marianne :D

Vickip
09 Oct 2003, 06:06
Sue
OMG!!! My all time, very favourite Meat track! If anyone's heard him sing it on "Live Around The World" you'll have some idea of what to expect. It's so far beyond the studio version on Bat 1 there's no comparison. I think I'll feel like I've died and gone to heaven, especially if he does sing the whole song (AND HE'D BETTER!!! :evil: ) The only thing that could make it even more stupendous would be if he was to sing Surf's Up as well - I think I'd be a puddle on the floor after that! :wink:

Luv & Hugs

Yes I've heard the live CD, so I know exactly what you mean :)
I'm so thrilled for you Marianne ... I just wish I could be there to see it live too !!

But the DVD will be the next best thing for me :))
Vicki

MooreMeat
09 Oct 2003, 08:21
To hear him sing surfs up would be awesome great suggustion by Ausloaf.
Adam

shadow1000001
09 Oct 2003, 08:24
Sue

Luv & Hugs

I'm with you Marianne :wink:

mellis107
09 Oct 2003, 20:22
Mmmm... a DVD! Although slightly worried at this. Is this an Australia-only release, or will it be released worldwide? If it is Australia-only, then peeps with non multiregional players will have a hell of a job watching it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Mike

little_dancer
09 Oct 2003, 22:10
I am overwhelmed, and just so very excited.
THanks for the link, and yes I hope the DVD/CD is available outside of Australia. My assumption is that it would be.

For Crying Out Loud is my favorite song of all time. FAVORITE>I am speechless, what a gift. Meat is a generous soul.

Vickip
09 Oct 2003, 22:29
Mmmm... a DVD! Although slightly worried at this. Is this an Australia-only release, or will it be released worldwide? If it is Australia-only, then peeps with non multiregional players will have a hell of a job watching it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Mike

Hi Mike !

I'm assuming it would be worldwide :) Of course the best thing would be for it to be region free so that everyone could watch it whereever they are .... I wonder if that would even be possible :??:

Vicki

Vickip
09 Oct 2003, 22:33
THanks for the link, and yes I hope the DVD/CD is available outside of Australia. My assumption is that it would be.

For Crying Out Loud is my favorite song of all time. FAVORITE>I am speechless, what a gift. Meat is a generous soul.

That's my assumption too Leah :)

I never thought I'd have the chance to see him sing FCOL live ... it's just so exciting !! You're right .. he truly is a generous soul :)

Vicki

Aus_loaf
10 Oct 2003, 06:35

I can't imagine that the dvd would only be released in Oz as there's not sufficient population in the whole country to make it worthwhile. My guess is it would be worldwide, multi-region format.

Luv & Hugs

Vickip
10 Oct 2003, 06:41

I can't imagine that the dvd would only be released in Oz as there's not sufficient population in the whole country to make it worthwhile. My guess is it would be worldwide, multi-region format.

Luv & Hugs

Of course I can't comment on the size of the population in Australia :) but I'm sure you're right and it will a be worldwide release ! Guess that's what Meat meant in his post a while back when he said that the concert was going to be filmed for the world :wink:

Vicki

Lady B
11 Oct 2003, 20:27
Definitely :) I wish I was better at traveling too ... I just don't think I could handle that 14 hour flight 8O We'll just be there with them in spirit ... and hope it doesn't take them too long to put the DVD together :))

Vicki

But gee Vicki . . . I even found you a 27 hour flight to Melbourne . . . and it's ONLY just under $3600! :lol: (Sorry to tease you with that one.)

Lady B ~ and since it would leave out of Philly I'd be willing to bet I know a stow-away who'd very happily climb into your luggage. :lmao:

Vickip
11 Oct 2003, 20:48

Vicki

But gee Vicki . . . I even found you a 27 hour flight to Melbourne . . . and it's ONLY just under $3600! :lol: (Sorry to tease you with that one.)

:lmao: Sorry Laby B ....
I Would Do Anything For Meat ... but I Won't Do That .....
:lol: :lol:

Lady B ~ and since it would leave out of Philly I'd be willing to bet I know a stow-away who'd very happily climb into your luggage. :lmao:

Thanks I really needed a good laught today :))
:lmao: :lmao:

Vicki

Aus_loaf
13 Oct 2003, 04:25

Luv & Hugs

Of course I can't comment on the size of the population in Australia :) but I'm sure you're right and it will a be worldwide release ! Guess that's what Meat meant in his post a while back when he said that the concert was going to be filmed for the world :wink:

Vicki
Hey Vicki,

Put it this way - the whole population of Australia could probably fit in one largish state of the US... :wink: That plus the fact we're so far away from the US and Europe is why we don't always get international acts here very often, unfortunately.

I'm sure it will be a world wide release - most artists that do dvd's these days release them along with the album that way.

Luv & Hugs

Vickip
13 Oct 2003, 04:52
Hey Vicki,

Put it this way - the whole population of Australia could probably fit in one largish state of the US... :wink: That plus the fact we're so far away from the US and Europe is why we don't always get international acts here very often, unfortunately.

I'm sure it will be a world wide release - most artists that do dvd's these days release them along with the album that way.

Luv & Hugs

Hi Marianne !

Oh ok ... that's very interesting :)

Yes I'm sure you're right and it will be a world wide release -- just like the concert Kiss did with the symphony earlier.

You know I've been very fortunate to see Meat as often as I have in concert here in the U.S. (1 time in 2001, 7 times in 2002, 2 times so far in 2003), so I'm just really thrilled that you and everyone else in Australia will finally get a chance to see him again in February !! The DVD will just be an added bonus :))

Vicki

Aus_loaf
14 Oct 2003, 02:41
Hey Vicki,

Luv & Hugs

Hi Marianne !

Oh ok ... that's very interesting :)

Yes I'm sure you're right and it will be a world wide release -- just like the concert Kiss did with the symphony earlier.

You know I've been very fortunate to see Meat as often as I have in concert here in the U.S. (1 time in 2001, 7 times in 2002, 2 times so far in 2003), so I'm just really thrilled that you and everyone else in Australia will finally get a chance to see him again in February !! The DVD will just be an added bonus :))

Vicki
Hi Vicki,

You have been fortunate to see Meat so many times. Oz being 12,000 miles from Europe and ??miles from the US, we haven't seen Meat here since 1996. :( So I guess we'd better take advantage of him coming, and as you say, having a dvd of his visit will be great. :)

Luv & Hugs

Vickip
14 Oct 2003, 02:50
Hi Vicki,

You have been fortunate to see Meat so many times. Oz being 12,000 miles from Europe and ??miles from the US, we haven't seen Meat here since 1996. :( So I guess we'd better take advantage of him coming, and as you say, having a dvd of his visit will be great. :)

Luv & Hugs

Hi Marianne!

Yes I've been very lucky :) And it's a shame you haven't had the same chance ... but I'm so glad you can take advantage of it now !! I'm just so happy for you .. and the DVD will definitely be the icing on the cake :))

Vicki

R.
14 Oct 2003, 18:07
This more General Talk than CHSIB related.