PDA

View Full Version : interesting ML anecdote I heard today

sherrie87
05 Oct 2003, 05:40
I was at the second day of a deadly boring training today, to help reduce the mind numbing effects, I wore an ML concert shirt. One of the other people there said "Hey, I met Meat Loaf". Obviously, I asked for the scoop. He said that in 1978, he was in his early 20's and helping a friend move his grandmother's apartment in San Francisco. He was taking a load of her belongings in the elevator, when he suddenly realized that Meat Loaf was in the elevator. He began furiously poking his friend in the ribs, trying to to nonchalantly get his friend to notice who they were sharing an elevator with. ML noticed, introduced himself to the two men (both absolutely filthy from moving furniture all day) and gave them free front row tickets to his concert that night. The man who was telling me this was smiling ear to ear, you could tell that it had really made him happy to talk about it, even 25 years later. He also said that ML was "the nicest guy you could ever meet" and that (in '78) "he was huge".

Then this guy mentioned what a shame it is that "no one knows about" the albums between Bat and Bat 2. At that point I mentioned CHSIB, and he was stunned that there was a new ML album out that he had never heard of. He assured me that he would purchase it on the way home from the training! I love hearing from people who have met ML and have been so impressed at how friendly he is. (Most of all I love knowing that one more US copy of CHSIB will be flying off the shelf!) :lol:

Sherrie

shadow1000001
05 Oct 2003, 07:10
That's a great story Sherrie :D Thanks for sharing.

Just out of curiosity, what are you training for?

Maria

heat
05 Oct 2003, 10:04
Great story, Sherrie :D

mladay
05 Oct 2003, 13:19
Great story, Sherrie

Thats was a great story Sherrie and well just wish that could happen to me lol, but the best I got was to say hi and thanks to Meat for a great show after his last show in Sydney on his last tour here, and to get his auto and Patties and Parls to and same of the band it was great and my friend got a kiss from Meat and she could not stop talking about it all the way back to Newcastle lol.:lol:

Cheers

Ian (mladay) :D

sherrie87
05 Oct 2003, 15:17
shadow1000001 said:
Just out of curiosity, what are you training for?
Shadow,

I am a school librarian, and the training was on reading strategies- ways for students to retain more information from what they read, etc. I was present in body, but I have to say that my mind was off in ML-land most of the day. 8) Dang, I hope someday I get to meet ML so I can smile from ear to ear while I teel people what I great guy he is!

Sherrie

ROSIE
05 Oct 2003, 15:57
Sherrie sounds like we have to haunt elevators day and night, I'm up for it

Rosie

MBrevard
05 Oct 2003, 16:17
A wonderful story, Sherrie!! Thanks for sharing it here!

Isn't it amazing how Meat is somehow all around us--in ways and places we'd never expect?!! :wink:

This story made me smile!! Thanks!! :p

Love,
MB
xxx

CarolM
05 Oct 2003, 16:40
Great story Sherrie made me smile, Mousie got in a taxi on friday, the taxi driver said hey you remind me of someone, :D apparantly the taxi driver was a big Meat fan, :lol: so while he drove he played the chsib album , :lol: while they both talked all about Meat. :wink: At the end of the journey mousie tipped him with the chsib single because he didnt have it, he was made up, :wink: coollllllll ,just thought id share it ,i think its amazing . :D