PDA

View Full Version : The Videos: 20. I'd Lie For You (And That's the Truth)

White of High
03 Oct 2003, 17:51
Videos: I'd Lie For You (And That's the Truth)

Here's a promo video from the line of I'd Do Anything For Love and It's All Coming Back To Me Now. I think this video is the proof that this song is a copy of AFL. But we have to rate only the video and that's great. But the soldier is very bad actor. How can I tell you what is this video?
Meat Loaf in Indiana Jones is as same as Jean Reno in his films... the lonely hero!

My fav scene is when the girl is standing in the sunset.

My score: 9

LP
03 Oct 2003, 18:37
Great video in places but I think whoever gave this the final OK was either misguided or tight on budget - the truck rolling off the rock is a prime example. Also the mix for TV has the sound effects WAY too loud.

On the other hand it is great to see Meat Loaf proving he can pull off any acting role, even action. This must have led to more movie work.

6/10

Luke

Michel
03 Oct 2003, 23:08
Great story in the video.

My score: 8

Testify
03 Oct 2003, 23:11
think its a great vid!

10!!!!

dukesofhazard
07 Oct 2003, 17:38
I think its a cool video, but the only thing that lets it down for me is the CGI flying snake thing - whats that about?!

Anyone else notice that the bad guy is 'George Mason' (Xander Berkley) from 24?

rockfenris2005
08 Oct 2003, 10:54
2 people died in the making of the vid. for "I'd Lie for You"....

Jayd
08 Oct 2003, 12:38
I think is a great video, Indy style, a lot better than some other Meat video's. 10/10

M.Bison
27 Mar 2004, 20:07
*Digs this topic out of the grave and ressurects it*

*Gong* *Gong*

This is my favourite promo video out of all of Meat's promo videos that I have. I first saw this when I was 5 back sometime in 1995, or early 1996. This was the video that got me hooked on Meat and I really love the scene with the truck chasing the plane. This day, I still have the same opinion about it has I did then, and one of my slogans of the video is "Let's go behind the wheel!" which I uses mostly on the first shot of Meat in the truck.
My rating: 10,000,000/10