PDA

View Full Version : Crazy In Alabama

sherrie87
09 Sep 2003, 03:08
I finally got to see Crazy In Alabama last night, and I sure did enjoy it. Meat was great, he sure does evil well! Though I kept thinking that it would have been a better movie if the whole Melanie Griffith segment of the movie were gone- I enjoyed the storyline with Pee Joe and the sheriff so much more, I would have liked to see it explored deeper. (Even my husband, not a Meat fan at all, said he wished they would just focus on that.) It would almost be better as two seperate movies. I loved the boy who played Pee Joe, and ML was menacing as h*ll while still showing a bit of good-old-boy charm. Two thumbs up, check this one out when you have a chance. :lol: Formula 51 and Salton Sea are next on my viewing list....

Sherrie

Bigmomma
12 Sep 2003, 01:03
yes i agree with you it would have been better if they had cut melanie
griffith out of the film more.
but I suppose they wouldnt have been much of a film then.
As for meat how does he do those evil looks so well???.....!!
love his films as much as his singing.
kezzina

Tim
12 Sep 2003, 22:08
Never seen that movie, but it sounds great. Hope that i will see it soon. Formula 51 is a nice movie, a bit chaotic, and i know that ML himself didn't liked the movie... well, he told that at a concert.

Bigmomma
13 Sep 2003, 19:24
never heard of that one what is it about Tim?
kezzina

Tim
14 Sep 2003, 00:31
Well Bigmomma... that movie is about a new type of drugs, and meat is offcourse an evil person.
It is not a very good movie, but i had to buy it cause ML was in it. I've seen it once.... don't think there will come more times.

Bigmomma
14 Sep 2003, 00:34
mmm, maybe I will give it a miss then, thanks for the review tim.
maybe you should keep it as a warning not to be hasty next time...
kezzina
ps Ive made the same mistake myself before..

Pixiedust
14 Sep 2003, 16:54
very heavy subject, but put across well.
pixie

PanicLord
14 Sep 2003, 17:03
I love Meat in films - I wish I had seen a few more of them!

By the way, I think Formula 51 has Roger Moore in too (playing a retired spy :D ) - Roger Moore and Meat Loaf in one film - my dream team!

I could be totally wrong though :lol: :roll:

Brainlock
29 Nov 2003, 22:00
Crazy in Alabama: I think it's one of Meat's better films to date. It was promoted as a Melanie Griiffith movie, but she was the C plot, not even the B plot. Then again, she was doing the director.

Formula 51: I've watched this movie SEVERAL times and found it funny as hell! I don't recall seeing Roger Moore in it tho. The only thing I heard he's done lately is "Boat Trip".

PanicLord
30 Nov 2003, 16:17
Yeah, you're right, I just realised he is one called "The Enemy" (2001 ish) not Formula 51. Ah well, maybe one day.

A Slice Of English
03 Apr 2004, 11:35
This was a good film. I enjoyed the whole thing and it was a really good black comedy that managed to hammer home the points it was trying to make very well indeed. Meat was great, I actually found myself disliking him which is no doubt exactly what he was hoping for when playing the Sheriff character.

Great film, I'd reccomend it to anyone.

Heli
03 Apr 2004, 11:57
This was a good film. I enjoyed the whole thing and it was a really good black comedy that managed to hammer home the points it was trying to make very well indeed. Meat was great, I actually found myself disliking him which is no doubt exactly what he was hoping for when playing the Sheriff character.

I totally agree with you! It's a great Black Comedy and I disliked the Sheriff and it just amazed me soo much how Meat can make people watch the Sheriff and not Meat Loaf. If you get what I mean! :wink: :roll: :wink:

Miriam
20 Apr 2004, 09:24

I totally agree with you! It's a great Black Comedy and I disliked the Sheriff and it just amazed me soo much how Meat can make people watch the Sheriff and not Meat Loaf. If you get what I mean! :wink: :roll: :wink:

I didn't just dislike the Sheriff, Meat was so good in this movie, his "evil smile" :twisted: and his talking, that I really hated "him". I totally "forgot" it's Meat and wished they catch the sheriff and just do with him what he did with all these guys. :evil: :roll: Meat was brilliant.

LostSoul
21 Apr 2004, 00:15
Black comedy? it's a drama! :?

It's a good movie indeed - it was underrated when it was released. Antonio Banderas did a good job and Meat was brilliant, maybe his best role so far...

Patricia

A Slice Of English
24 Apr 2004, 18:34
Drama?

I'd say it was a drama with a hint of black comedy in it.

LostSoul
24 Apr 2004, 18:48
Drama?

I'd say it was a drama with a hint of black comedy in it.
It sounds an even better description. 8)

Patricia

Skeleton
11 Jun 2004, 12:41
Can anyone tell me where I can find Crazy in Alabama DVD? And if I buy it from UK is there Finnish subtitles?

Miriam
11 Jun 2004, 12:52
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=5690

needmoremeat
11 Jun 2004, 19:34
Pop into a Global Video. I bought mine there :D As well as Outside Ozona (didn't enjoy much, best part was watching Meat sleep :lol: :twisted: ) and Black Dog if you're lucky.

Skeleton
12 Jun 2004, 17:56
Thanks! :D