PDA

View Full Version : About Steve Buslowe

Juan Llanos
04 Sep 2003, 21:56
http://www.newtownbee.com/Features.asp?d=Archive2000&s=Features09-04-2003-12-45-06.htm

evil nickname
04 Sep 2003, 22:06
Cool piece... nice to hear/read what he's been up too...

Tim
06 Sep 2003, 00:28
This a very cool link. Worth to read. Thank you very much. I really loved that guy. Think he is a great person who can play really cool.

Nice to know that he is still around. WOuld love to meet this guy once in my life.

Shane
06 Sep 2003, 02:19
We've got Kasim now though on bass, so I'm very happy about that...not saying that Steve was bad though, but I prefer Kasim's bass playing. And of course all round he's a very good guy and very accessible to his fans.

Winston
06 Sep 2003, 03:57
Shane, Steve was brilliant on stage with Meat, very passionate whenever he was on stage. He was the Neverland Express' version of Little Steven from the E Street Band, head scarf and all!!!
There was room for both Kasim and Steve in the band.

dottie
06 Sep 2003, 15:53
Shane, Steve was brilliant on stage with Meat, very passionate whenever he was on stage. He was the Neverland Express' version of Little Steven from the E Street Band, head scarf and all!!!
There was room for both Kasim and Steve in the band.

Hear, Hear! I'm gonna miss Steve Buslowe, as much as Bob Kulick still :!:

Winston
07 Sep 2003, 03:49
Come on Bruce

http://www.globaldust.com/detail.php?id=6880

Bart
22 Sep 2003, 09:25
Hear, Hear! I'm gonna miss Steve Buslowe, as much as Bob Kulick still :!:

YTTWROOMM! :)

Michael Marxen
19 Oct 2003, 20:43
"Steves absence is a big loss for the Neverland Express.
Great musician, great stage presence and such a nice person!
No leaving the stage for a smoke whenever possible and no bored look on his face during performances."

This was my original post that got censored by David Driskell!

Dear David,
by censoring such a slight criticism of a die-hard fan you do harm to our fan club! And you put fuel to the flames of those calling the mlukfc intolerant. Why don`t you handle it with arguments? I know others, that consider Kasims look that I call bored to be concentrated. I wanted to start a discussion that might even have been informative for Kasim himself.
I am looking forward to see multiple shows of the upcoming European tour again. I know that Kasim does a very decent job. I am a site regular on your MOTS. In fact SteinMeatmusic is the passion of my life.
I have seen numerous Meaty concerts over the years. Despite that or even because of that I consider it important to express point of views.
Think again and let us stay brothers in mind!

Michael

JenniferSal
19 Oct 2003, 21:50
Not trying to start anything, but how do you know David censored your post? I do recall seeing something like that from you at one of the boards (I guess this one?), but now dont see it here, but no sign it got deleted?

Well anyway, i didnt comment the first time, but i will now, what the heck! :) I thought Steve did a great job, but danced a wee bit too much for my taste. To me, at times, although back then i never really paid attention to it, if he's so busy dancing and getting 'into' the songs, then how could he be doing his musical director part of his job? Dont get me wrong, i thought Steve was a great bass player, but i guess didnt 'do it' for me. Im always picking out Kasim's bass leads easily during songs now, and back in 93 (again, maybe i just didnt pay much attention back then), the music all blended more together (but absolutely wonderfully!), and the only things that would stand out to me would be Mark's piano playing and Pat's guitar solos (except for the times that Kasim and Steve had their own solos).

Kasim is ALWAYS (again, maybe its because i know a bit more about him, etc) concentrating on catching Meat's 'new curves' to the songs and material; and we all can agree here, i believe, that Meat never seems to perform a song all too similar each night, and throws out curveballs like crazy. And Kasim never seems to miss one (granted, im not at TONS of shows, so i could be wrong!).

I know from going to a couple of shows this summer, as well as working a couple for my photography, that Kasim's been more laid back this tour, but STILL keeps on the ball with Meat's nuiances (excuse the misspell). I mean ive never noticed Kasim all over the stage as much as he's been this tour and he's really seeming to relax moreso and get into the instrumentals more then he's done in the past. I think that's partly due to more then ever, he's truly comfortable with himself in the Musical Director part of his job and might feel he can relax a bit more.

I know we will all have our own preferences to band members. I honestly thought no one could ever come close to Pat Thrall's playing, but i tell you, Paul in my eyes is right up there in form and powerful playing; some people think the Goff's were the best backing vocalists for Meat, but to me, no one could ever take Patti's place in voice and in stage presence. And hey, what about how upset some people were when they heard Pearl wouldnt be on board this tour, but i really believe Renee is just as good a singer, and even plays guitar quite well; and well, for what i state above, im quite partial to Kasim's work, but no matter what, i think we can all agree that Meat has always had some of the most amazing musicians and vocalists always backing him up. To me, the whole package is what always kept me coming back for more.

So hey, when the tour gets to Germany, why not give Kasim a 'second chance'? Im sure Steve will always be the tops in your eyes, but you never know, maybe you might find Kasim has improved more then the last time you saw him? :) Alrighty take care!!

Jen S.

Michael Marxen
21 Oct 2003, 00:17
Not trying to start anything, but how do you know David censored your post?

From R., who is upset by that behaviour too

So hey, when the tour gets to Germany, why not give Kasim a 'second chance'?

No need for that, as I already know he is good and professional.

Jen, thanks for sharing all your thoughts, sounds that you (as many others) like Kasim as much as I liked Steve.