PDA

View Full Version : We need to reinvigorate this place: Live Recordings official and unofficial

Wario
20 Mar 2019, 20:12
I honestly feel like Live recording and bootleg discussion should be a sub forum. will give new life to this forum.

right now its dead. and a waste of money sadly.

if we had a live recording sub forum to discuss and trade thatd really bring people in.

Meat doesnt come here anymore anyway. its been like 2 years.

AndrewG
21 Mar 2019, 11:00
I honestly feel like Live recording and bootleg discussion should be a sub forum. will give new life to this forum.

if we had a live recording sub forum to discuss and trade thatd really bring people in.

I doubt there is enough interest to be honest, just for bootlegs. There is enough opportunity for people to create posts about this anyway without changes to the forum structure.

I just randomly looked up Bruce Springsteen's 1975 Main Point show on YouTube. Widely regarded as one of his most famous Bootlegs, the birth of Born to Run. One of the first few videos on YouTube that came up that has the full show has only 50 views over the last half year. If the king of bootlegs gets so little narrowed down attention then in reality how much interest in boots is there for Meat? Much less I would reckon since also many of his set lists hardly changed during tours. With the live shows available (mostly Bat with the Australian orchestra) people's needs are probably mostly fulfilled. Even the awesome Live Around The World set had quite a limited run. Most Meat Loaf's boots never sounded as good as that.

Let's face it if there is no news + the fact forums have been dying around the web for years it's a perfect storm for a fan forum to go down hill right now.
Rockman has had two threads this year. And that is on the back of the musical that countless people were waiting for for over a decade.

Evil One
21 Mar 2019, 12:50
What is there to say that we haven't already said? :shrug:

byo1975
21 Mar 2019, 15:41

i want bootlegs....this is dead...:(

Evil One
21 Mar 2019, 16:36
What bootlegs are there that are not already available? There's probably tonnes of tatty audience recordings I haven't heard/seen, and at least one person has a recording of It Just Wont Quit from a Storytellers show but refuses to share it. Unless someone uncovers something 'new' then I think all the good stuff is already out there.

Chris77
21 Mar 2019, 17:47
Ah Bootlegs,

by the way. Where is the Site of Adje gone?
Still missing Cleveland 1996 bootleg:D
Chris

Adje
22 Mar 2019, 12:18
Ah Bootlegs,

Chris

I stopped putting money in it. There is hardly anything new to find. Besides I don't have the time for it 😉

loaferman61
22 Mar 2019, 14:32
I doubt there is enough interest to be honest, just for bootlegs. There is enough opportunity for people to create posts about this anyway without changes to the forum structure.

I just randomly looked up Bruce Springsteen's 1975 Main Point show on YouTube. Widely regarded as one of his most famous Bootlegs, the birth of Born to Run. One of the first few videos on YouTube that came up that has the full show has only 50 views over the last half year. If the king of bootlegs gets so little narrowed down attention then in reality how much interest in boots is there for Meat? Much less I would reckon since also many of his set lists hardly changed during tours. With the live shows available (mostly Bat with the Australian orchestra) people's needs are probably mostly fulfilled. Even the awesome Live Around The World set had quite a limited run. Most Meat Loaf's boots never sounded as good as that.

Let's face it if there is no news + the fact forums have been dying around the web for years it's a perfect storm for a fan forum to go down hill right now.
Rockman has had two threads this year. And that is on the back of the musical that countless people were waiting for for over a decade.

Springsteen fans have been spoiled by so many bootlegs and most of them out there a million times over. Meat and the Pony took a dimmer view of them which frankly I never understood. Meat thought people would sell them, but honestly the market for new studio recordings that get paid for the old way is gone, never minding old live stuff. A new release can chart at #1 now that would have never charted with those numbers back in the day.

I do think most of it is out there. I know I had the Dead Ringer documentary with the "Kill You If You Don't Come Back" video which I shared along with Adje so everyone could have a chance to see it and I also had a few other shows we shared which had not been online before that I am aware of.

I have a really good one that claims to be in France from the 80's but I moved and now I can't find it.

If people want to discuss them now, why not?

jmfreeman
22 Mar 2019, 15:29
The ML bootlegs brought me a great deal of pleasure over the years; especially as (until recently) official releases of live stuff were virtually non-existent, and far from showing the man at his best.

byo1975
22 Mar 2019, 21:20
Ah Bootlegs,

Chris

yep...we all missed adjes bootlegs...he is the best!!

anotherday
23 Mar 2019, 00:19
Between Wario and Adje, we had a treasure trove for years!

jmfreeman
23 Mar 2019, 09:33
The boys did good. God bless 'em both.

Adje
23 Mar 2019, 12:25
I know I had the Dead Ringer documentary with the "Kill You If You Don't Come Back" video which I shared along with Adje so everyone could have a chance to see it and I also had a few other shows we shared which had not been online before that I am aware of.

I have a really good one that claims to be in France from the 80's but I moved and now I can't find it.

If people want to discuss them now, why not?

Ahhh yes. Those were the days. Washington 94, Deadringer documentary among other material. The only reason I kept you close :twisted: :cool:

It always was a community thing. All the bootlegs I was able to share came from other fans. Also plenty of Internet searching but mostly fans contacting me because they had something to share. And mostly without wanting something in return or even being credited. Just being able to have the community enjoy those shows were enough reward for them.
They are the real heroes of our bootleg community. I was merely the lucky guy that got the credit, because they didn't want the credit ;)

And I can tell you. English fans are fantastic, but the German fans are the best. Bless them for all they did for our bootleg community!

loaferman61
24 Mar 2019, 03:45
Ahhh yes. Those were the days. Washington 94, Deadringer documentary among other material. The only reason I kept you close :twisted: :cool:

It always was a community thing. All the bootlegs I was able to share came from other fans. Also plenty of Internet searching but mostly fans contacting me because they had something to share. And mostly without wanting something in return or even being credited. Just being able to have the community enjoy those shows were enough reward for them.
They are the real heroes of our bootleg community. I was merely the lucky guy that got the credit, because they didn't want the credit ;)

And I can tell you. English fans are fantastic, but the German fans are the best. Bless them for all they did for our bootleg community!

You had the means to get them to a large number of people and also never sought any credit or anything in return. You deserve a ton of credit, the fact that you don't seek it is admirable but a lot of people got those through your work.

Adje
29 Mar 2019, 20:38
In the meantime I did upload something Meat Loaf not everybody has seen before ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkdgEXutPQk

Dick
30 Mar 2019, 03:26
In the meantime I did upload something Meat Loaf not everybody has seen before ;)

I saw that earlier today and very much enjoyed it. Do you have any clips of Meat actually 'playing' guitar rather than 'acting' like he's playing? lol

I vaguely remember once seeing a YT clip of him playing one of Paul's white guitars during the band intros on the 3 Bats tour, and as far as i remember reading he did his fun Animal song for a while on Hang Cool tour. But i never saw that.

AndrewG
01 Apr 2019, 04:15
I saw that earlier today and very much enjoyed it. Do you have any clips of Meat actually 'playing' guitar rather than 'acting' like he's playing? lol

I vaguely remember once seeing a YT clip of him playing one of Paul's white guitars during the band intros on the 3 Bats tour, and as far as i remember reading he did his fun Animal song for a while on Hang Cool tour. But i never saw that.

I remember Meat strumming quite a bit without pretty much anyone else on stage in 1999 in Glasgow during the acoustic set.

AndrewG
01 Apr 2019, 04:18

Loved the intro to the show and glad Meat kept that going into 2004. It was a very fun way dealing with the amount of press he got after collapsing on stage. That and the whole tongue in cheek story about buying tickets from eBay during the Paradise play made this so fun.
I took some girl from South America from where I worked at the time to see the first Glasgow gig. She didn't know what the hell was going on during the nurse / Meat on the bed & do it parts. :lol:
The second Glasgow gig in Jan 2004 is still one of my favourites. Shame video recording was so rare at that time.

jcmoorehead
01 Apr 2019, 12:16
Maybe a little bit off topic for this thread but this is a question I have always wondered, can Meat actually play any instruments? I've often seen him with a guitar during concerts from time to time but it is just acting rather than playing. Can Meat play any guitar at all or any other instruments?

proctorloaf
13 Apr 2019, 15:10
Hi Folks - what is the DeadRinger documentary please? Not the film?

Adje
13 Apr 2019, 18:06
Hi Folks - what is the DeadRinger documentary please? Not the film?

https://media.mlxxfc.net/1981deadringer.jpg

proctorloaf
13 Apr 2019, 19:22
Ooo never seen that!

Adje
13 Apr 2019, 20:38
Ooo never seen that!

Tried to upload it to YT for you, but it got blocked. So I made you a clicky (https://we.tl/t-ltmiDMzolY)

proctorloaf
14 Apr 2019, 10:50
THANK YOU SO MUCH Adje!

ajf33
15 Apr 2019, 11:31
Many Thaks Adje, been looking for that for a while!

loaferman61
15 Apr 2019, 19:52
https://media.mlxxfc.net/1981deadringer.jpg

Ahhh, good times. That was one of the rarest of the bunch. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to get that.

Adje
15 Apr 2019, 23:10
Ahhh, good times. That was one of the rarest of the bunch. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to get that.

Not difficult at all. You pm-ed me, you gave me the link and I downloaded the sucker... I don't see how it was difficult :lol::lol::twisted::twisted:

loaferman61
16 Apr 2019, 01:12
Not difficult at all. You pm-ed me, you gave me the link and I downloaded the sucker... I don't see how it was difficult :lol::lol::twisted::twisted:

Ha ha yeah that part was easy. Obtaining a copy of something aired once on an almost unknown channel was a little bit difficult. I'm sure there may be something harder to obtain but this one is right up there.

aks650
16 Apr 2019, 23:43
how does one get hold of this???:shock:

Adje
17 Apr 2019, 00:11
how does one get hold of this???:shock:

Tried to upload it to YT for you, but it got blocked. So I made you a clicky (https://we.tl/t-ltmiDMzolY)
click the clicky

PanicLord
17 Apr 2019, 10:32

You're awesome, thank you!

Wario
18 Apr 2019, 02:36
its fantastic. wish more footage/recordings from DR era existed.

Chris
20 Feb 2020, 01:15
Just resurrecting this thread!

Does anyone have/Or know where I can get a copy of the CHSIB show from Cardiff on January 11th 2004?

Myself and Heat (also from this site) are getting married in 3 weeks and that concert was our first date after mich chatting on here! I'd love to have a copy to be playing in the background.

Thanks

Adje
20 Feb 2020, 05:53
Just resurrecting this thread!

Does anyone have/Or know where I can get a copy of the CHSIB show from Cardiff on January 11th 2004?

Myself and Heat (also from this site) are getting married in 3 weeks and that concert was our first date after mich chatting on here! I'd love to have a copy to be playing in the background.

Thanks
PM me your e mail and I will get to it this evening, after I get home from work ;-)

Wario
20 Feb 2020, 08:33
PM me your e mail and I will get to it this evening, after I get home from work ;-)

its one of the best CHSIB show recordings too. EPIC took the words