PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please post the setlist for the musical in show order? [Spoiler Thread]

Wario
18 Feb 2017, 15:30
I wanna be spoiled and as do others :)

Ive seen the image of the songlist I wanna know the order and descriptions :))

Danny L
20 Feb 2017, 10:51
I'll do it tomorrow as part of my blog 😀

ashkent7
20 Feb 2017, 13:37
I've seen some of the video clips and all I can say is DOTV it is not. No worries on that score. I'm interested to see the order too and really can't wait for the album.

AndrewG
20 Feb 2017, 13:43
Very naughty videoing in a theatre. I'm guessing some of these people have perhaps never been to a musical show before or just don't care about its etiquette.
Having said that what I heard sounded great. What I saw still makes me wonder why the hell people bother videoing (quality soooo poor) and don't just pay attention and enjoy the experience. :shrug:

eltmatt
20 Feb 2017, 14:31
I wanna see videos before I go on 1st March :p

ashkent7
20 Feb 2017, 14:33
Very naughty videoing in a theatre. I'm guessing some of these people have perhaps never been to a musical show before or just don't care about its etiquette.
Having said that what I heard sounded great. What I saw still makes me wonder why the hell people bother videoing (quality soooo poor) and don't just pay attention and enjoy the experience. :shrug:

It's always been a double edged sword both in theatre and concerts. Without people doing it, Wario wouldn't have a channel and a lot would have been lost - DOTV included which might have been a good thing but it's still nice to occasionally dip into those recordings and just listen to the music - but there is the side that you pay to see, and if someone wants to see they should pay to see. But perhaps that's what the crappy ones do...let people see who then want to see without heads, seats and kneecaps.

Danny L
20 Feb 2017, 19:55
I'm frustratingly trying to remember the exact order for my review- I know who sang what song and which act its in but a couple of bits are muddled...

ACT ONE
1. No Overture - Begins with Love & Death & An American Guitar - Strat
2. All Revved Up/Wasted Youth - Strat and the Lost
3. It Just Won't Quit - Strat
4. Out of the Frying Pan (Extract) - Ensemble
6. Two Out of Three Ain't Bad - Zahara & Jagwire
7. Who Needs The Young? - Falco & Sloane
8. Paradise By The Dashboard Light - Falco & Sloane
9. Good Girls Go To Heaven - Sloane, Zahara & Raven
10. Making Love Out of Nothing At All - Strat & Raven
11. Bat Out of Hell - Strat & Raven

ACT TWO
12. Land of the Pig - Falco
13. Heaven Can Wait - Raven
14. Objects In Th Rear View Mirror - Jagwire. Ledoux & Blake
15. For Crying Out Loud - Strat & Raven
16. Dead Ringer For Love - Jagwire & Zahara
17. Not Allowed To Love - Tink [solo]
18. What Part Of My Body Hurts The Most - fALCO & sLOANE
19. Rock n Roll Dreams Come Through - Strat
20. It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Strat & Raven and Falco & Sloane
21. You Took The Words Right Out of My Mouth - The Lost
22. I'd Do Anything For Love - Ensemble
23. CURTAIN CALL Bat Out of Hell (Reprise)

An there are videos? Would love to watch again! :-P:-P:shock::shock: Can't wait to be listening to the soundtrack non-stop when it's released

ashkent7
20 Feb 2017, 23:32
An there are videos? Would love to watch again!

I should change that to were for now. Facebook had their usual "these clips contain music so they're coming down" moment.

stretch37
21 Feb 2017, 01:47

Curious - Did they use a Similar arrangement to BTWA?

ashkent7
21 Feb 2017, 02:21
I'm frustratingly trying to remember the exact order for my review- I know who sang what song and which act its in but a couple of bits are muddled...

ACT ONE
1. No Overture - Begins with Love & Death & An American Guitar - Strat
2. All Revved Up/Wasted Youth - Strat and the Lost
3. It Just Won't Quit - Strat
4. Out of the Frying Pan (Extract) - Ensemble
6. Two Out of Three Ain't Bad - Zahara & Jagwire
8. Paradise By The Dashboard Light - Falco & Sloane
9. Good Girls Go To Heaven - Sloane, Zahara & Raven
10. Making Love Out of Nothing At All - Strat & Raven
11. Bat Out of Hell - Strat & Raven

ACT TWO
12. Land of the Pig - Falco
13. Heaven Can Wait - Raven
14. Objects In Th Rear View Mirror - Jagwire. Ledoux & Blake
15. For Crying Out Loud - Strat & Raven
16. Dead Ringer For Love - Jagwire & Zahara
17. Not Allowed To Love - Tink [solo]
18. What Part Of My Body Hurts The Most - fALCO & sLOANE
19. Rock n Roll Dreams Come Through - Strat
20. It's All Coming Back To Me Now - Strat & Raven and Falco & Sloane
21. You Took The Words Right Out of My Mouth - The Lost
22. I'd Do Anything For Love - Ensemble
23. CURTAIN CALL Bat Out of Hell (Reprise)

An there are videos? Would love to watch again! :-P:-P:shock::shock: Can't wait to be listening to the soundtrack non-stop when it's released
I thought there was no frying pan in it? And life is a lemon was listed on one of the boards outside?

letsgotoofar
21 Feb 2017, 05:53
Like any show in an out-of-town tryout, things are in a state of change. As someone posted to the Jim Steinman Forever group on Facebook:

Manchester is the first test of the material in front of a live audience. You may see a different song list from one night to the next. You may see a line or a movement get a laugh at the wrong time, and it won't be there the next night. [...] More changes may happen between Manchester and London, and between London and other points on the globe

Evidently some changes happened before it even reached the stage, although I understand there are more musical references (instrumentally) to songs that don't appear in their full-fledged forms throughout the show, so maybe "Lemon" is one of those?

AndyK
21 Feb 2017, 09:17
Lemon does make an appearance, as a snippet of a song played on radio during one of the scenes.

There's an all too brief musical reference to other songs too, Speaking In Tongues being the one that springs to mind right now.

ashkent7
21 Feb 2017, 10:14
Lemon does make an appearance, as a snippet of a song played on radio during one of the scenes.

There's an all too brief musical reference to other songs too, Speaking In Tongues being the one that springs to mind right now.

I wondered if it could be in the background or instrumental. I think there are so many threads of musicality and segments of songs that run through other songs that somewhere there's probably references to everything he's ever done.

samurai7
21 Feb 2017, 12:03
Interesting to see how the song list has changed in the last few weeks alone though. We've gone from Reportedly having Speaking in Tongues and 'categorically no Frying Pan' and having two Dead Ringer songs to what you see above, and I've got a feeling that this will be tweaked further. Just shows how fluid a 'new' piece of theatre can be, especially early on. Would love Bad For Good and Lost Boys & Golden Girls to find their way in somehow :)
I'm loving all your reviews too. So gutted that I couldn't make it last Friday. I will see it soon though.

AndyK
21 Feb 2017, 15:05
Nocturnal Pleasure is in there in its entirety as well

evil nickname
21 Feb 2017, 15:17

That, plus parts of "A Teenager in Love (http://mljs.evilnickname.org/pandorasbox/itsallcomingbacktomenow.html#ateenagerinlove)" (the prologue of Pandora's Box's "It's All Coming Back..." vid)

And if I fall asleep here tonight
You better give me some asbestos sheets ‘cause I’ve been sweating gasoline
My dreams are highly flammable
And there are parts of my body that just won’t stop giving off sparks!

Danny L
21 Feb 2017, 15:22
https://dannylavery9.wordpress.com/2...manchester-uk/

HERE is my spoilerific review of the show!!

Wario
21 Feb 2017, 16:18
https://dannylavery9.wordpress.com/2...manchester-uk/

HERE is my spoilerific review of the show!!

URL is dead: https://dannylavery9.wordpress.com/

Danny L
21 Feb 2017, 16:37
URL is dead: https://dannylavery9.wordpress.com/

Weird! https://dannylavery9.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/review-bat-out-of-hell-preview-18th-february-2017-opera-house-manchester-uk/ This works? Thanks

ThatWriterGuy
21 Feb 2017, 17:23
Interesting to see how the song list has changed in the last few weeks alone though. We've gone from Reportedly having Speaking in Tongues and 'categorically no Frying Pan' and having two Dead Ringer songs to what you see above, and I've got a feeling that this will be tweaked further. Just shows how fluid a 'new' piece of theatre can be, especially early on. Would love Bad For Good and Lost Boys & Golden Girls to find their way in somehow :)
I'm loving all your reviews too. So gutted that I couldn't make it last Friday. I will see it soon though.

They were both in at one point - so I wouldn't rule either of them out entirely (although the onus is on cutting rather than adding at the minute).

letsgotoofar
21 Feb 2017, 18:02
As per a report from someone in the Jim Steinman Forever group, some of that song list is way out of whack. (Quote: "Nope, we saw the first 2 nights, this dude was there the 2nd night, and song order was identical to the first.") Let's rephrase:

Act One

Love and Death and an American Guitar
All Revved Up With No Place to Go / Wasted Youth (includes instrumental elements of "God Has Left the Building" from DOTV and "If It Ain't Broke (Break It)")
Who Needs the Young
Out of the Frying Pan (And Into the Fire) (extract) / It Just Won't Quit
Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere)
Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
Paradise By The Dashboard Light
Making Love Out of Nothing At All
Bat Out of Hell

Act Two

In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher is King
Heaven Can Wait
Objects in The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are
For Crying Out Loud
You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)
I'm Not Allowed to Love
What Part of My Body Hurts the Most
Dead Ringer for Love
Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through
It's All Coming Back to Me Now
I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)

Curtain Call: Bat Out of Hell (singalong)

Danny L
21 Feb 2017, 19:56
As per a report from someone in the Jim Steinman Forever group, some of that song list is way out of whack. (Quote: "Nope, we saw the first 2 nights, this dude was there the 2nd night, and song order was identical to the first.") Let's rephrase:

Act One

All Revved Up With No Place to Go / Wasted Youth (includes instrumental elements of "God Has Left the Building" from DOTV and "If It Ain't Broke (Break It)")
Who Needs the Young
Out of the Frying Pan (And Into the Fire) (extract) / It Just Won't Quit
Good Girls Go To Heaven (Bad Girls Go Everywhere)
Making Love Out of Nothing At All
Bat Out of Hell

Act Two

Heaven Can Wait
For Crying Out Loud
I'm Not Allowed to Love
Dead Ringer for Love
Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through

I knew I got some of it wrong! Doh. Thanks I amended on the blog now!

Many apologies I was going by memory, I know who sang what

Wario
21 Feb 2017, 21:06
I knew I got some of it wrong! Doh. Thanks I amended on the blog now!

Many apologies I was going by memory, I know who sang what

FANTASTIC REVIEW great read

Danny L
21 Feb 2017, 21:33
FANTASTIC REVIEW great read

Danny L
22 Feb 2017, 02:22

As is The Invocation . Plus 'The sea is whipping the sky, the sky is whipping the sea' is quoted multiple times despite BFG not being sung.

ThatWriterGuy
22 Feb 2017, 02:34
As is The Invocation . Plus 'The sea is whipping the sky, the sky is whipping the sea' is quoted multiple times despite BFG not being sung.

Trivia: BFG was in until very recently!

anotherday
22 Feb 2017, 02:40
I know I've said this before, but I'm really hoping this makes it stateside.

Danny L
22 Feb 2017, 04:25
The whole world needs to see this show!

Mr Flibble
23 Feb 2017, 10:24
I've noticed on the merchendise section there are lots of clothing but no soundtrack album. Are they planning to do one at all?
Am going on 1st April and was hoping to get one.

Can anyone outline the plot?

Monstro
23 Feb 2017, 11:09
I'd imagine there won't be a soundtrack until the setlist is confirmed during/after the Manchester run, suppose this could be ready for London in June?

Danny L
23 Feb 2017, 11:16
Trivia: BFG was in until very recently!

Not a surprise - in one of the songs with lighting and choreography there is a visual throwback to the video!

Kev
14 Mar 2017, 17:44
Rob Fowler confirmed last night that there is a soundtrack coming and What Part Of My Body will be on there. Not sure if that's already been mentioned.

eltmatt
15 Mar 2017, 20:47
I was at opening night last night, amazing. Andrew Polec is a one off, rather hear a full album of Steinman from him than Tyce.

letsgotoofar
24 Mar 2017, 02:34
For those curious, the song list has changed somewhat as revisions were undertaken. As of opening night (which was fun, if not quite what I expected), it looked more or less like this (titles are derived from the alphabetical list initially included in programmes):

Act One

All Revved Up With No Place to Go
Wasted Youth*
Who Needs the Young
Out of the Frying Pan (And Into the Fire) (Part I)
Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through (extract)
It Just Won't Quit
Out of the Frying Pan (And Into the Fire) (Part II)
Bat Out of Hell

* For those who have been unfamiliar thus far, this title refers to an adapted chunk of "Everything Louder..." and is not the name applied to the same speech that opens Act I on Bat II.

Act Two

Heaven Can Wait
For Crying Out Loud
I'm Not Allowed to Love
Dead Ringer for Love
Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through (full)

ashkent7
24 Mar 2017, 20:37
All Revved Up With No Place to Go
Wasted Youth*

And this also includes instrumental from Break It and the instrumental piece that was originally in the Dream Engine and also featured as a dance break in DOTV - when I'm pretty sure it was labeled as God Has Left The Building.

And there are quite a few other monologues from Pandora's Box and Dead Ringer.

letsgotoofar
24 Mar 2017, 23:21
Yes, but as you'll note, I stated I was basing this on the alphabetical list from previews, which doesn't include those. ;)