PDA

View Full Version : Bat Out Of Hell Multitrack Analysis

Evil One
12 Feb 2017, 11:24
Never seen these before. They're fascinating.
1IKSnwUIabU
ZVSe1lweUHg

duke knooby
12 Feb 2017, 15:15
love it! Great find evil one!

Monstro
12 Feb 2017, 19:09
That was really interesting, thanks for posting!!!!

Wario
12 Feb 2017, 20:14
Wish they were released. Id love to delve into them master tapes. See what secrets they hide

letsgotoofar
13 Feb 2017, 18:39
As we saw on Classic Albums, they include an unused 'choir' (which sounds like sped-up background vocals, a la Pat Benatar on "We Belong") on "Bat."

ashkent7
15 Feb 2017, 01:32
I still say when these original multi-tracks exist they could put Meat's original vocal with music recorded by the current band.

Who knows though...some of this could end up as part of the 40th anniversary package - i say package...damn it I want a package!! :lol:

Tina.K.
15 Feb 2017, 07:50
Awesome!
We want more 👍

Nige78
18 Feb 2017, 15:32
Really interesting...thanks for posting :)

letsgotoofar
18 Feb 2017, 15:45
I still say when these original multi-tracks exist they could put Meat's original vocal with music recorded by the current band.

At the risk of starting a... let's call it spirited discussion... they could, I suppose, but why?

AndrewG
18 Feb 2017, 16:01
Why change a good thing. Look at what George Lucas did to Star Wars combining old with new. Horrendous.

ashkent7
18 Feb 2017, 23:52
At the risk of starting a... let's call it spirited discussion... they could, I suppose, but why?

Nothing more than to lose some of that "seventies music sound". The songs themselves are timeless, but like a lot of rock albums from the seventies there always seems a lack of something. Springsteen's rerecording of Darkness on the Edge of Town for the anniversary boxset gave the album a depth that the original couldn't achieve because of when it was made (although it was a full recording including new vocal). It's just a personal preference. I suppose in a way, it would be like what would the album sound like recorded live in a studio without an audience now but with Meat in his 30s.

letsgotoofar
19 Feb 2017, 19:17
Well, I'm glad you explained it, and I agree it could be interesting, but nevertheless I agree with AndrewG -- no real point. Besides, Bat doesn't sound particularly Seventies to me. I think part of its long-term appeal has been that it sticks out like a sore thumb in any era. It doesn't conform to any trends or tick any boxes -- it just is. (And so are we.)