PDA

View Full Version : MEAT LOAF KNEW - HELL IN A HANDBASKET...

nightinr
09 Nov 2016, 21:03
It just goes to show that Meat is so in touch with the people. Whilst out of touch Jon Bon Jovi, Springsteen, Beyone, Lady Gaga hanged out with Clinton Meat on the otherhand chose to take a low profile with anything election related.

I suspect Meat is however delighted by the election result being a Texan, having campaigned so hard for Romney in the past election and his open admiration for Trump in the past.

But Meat warned the liberal elite on his album Hell in a Handbasket....Meat is always ahead of his day.

Meat knew...

Wario
10 Nov 2016, 03:25
This election he was.

2012, when HIAHB was released, he went all out for Romney

CarylB
10 Nov 2016, 04:31
No he didn't "campaign hard" nor "go all out" for Romney. He appeared at ONE rally .. then got his ass chewed and his page besmirched by angry fans and exultant Republicans who'd probably never listened to an album. He tried to explain and answer some of the comments he received .. but that is hardly "campaigning".

Julie in the rv mirror
10 Nov 2016, 04:55
I think the fact that Meat didn't openly endorse Trump speaks volumes. Not all Republicans supported him.

Wario
10 Nov 2016, 06:56
No he didn't "campaign hard" nor "go all out" for Romney. He appeared at ONE rally .. then got his ass chewed and his page besmirched by angry fans and exultant Republicans who'd probably never listened to an album. He tried to explain and answer some of the comments he received .. but that is hardly "campaigning".

Exactly, which I'm glad he stayed mum this go around.

Still have a feeling, he has tremendous respect for Donald and what he did for Meat on the show they were on together

CarylB
10 Nov 2016, 08:23
Yes, I think he did, he may still do. But that doesn't mean he agrees with everything that comes out of the guy's mouth, just as I think many who voted for him did so despite the fact that he said some terrible things, not because of it. Nor does it mean Meat voted one way or the other. He's an intelligent and thoughtful man who will have thought carefully, weighed up the issues, made his decision ... and kept it to himself.

AndrewG
10 Nov 2016, 13:38
I think the fact that Meat didn't openly endorse Trump speaks volumes. Not all Republicans supported him.

I don't think you can read into that that Meat voted for him or supported him or not at all. He chose to keep his opinion on the election private. I thought it was wise unlike almost all the other celebs who have behaved like a bunch of privileged children. "I'm moving to Canada if Trump wins." Now people asked Amy Schumer when she will move and she says she was only joking. Pathetic.

In the end Trump clawed back around 90% of Republican senate and congress members, as much as in almost any election from what I heard.

The mean stream media made it sound like Trump didn't have good support. This is completely false he had the same support in African Americans as any other Republican candidate, more support from women and far more support from Latinos.

roomster
10 Nov 2016, 14:41
He chose to keep his opinion on the election private. I thought it was wise unlike almost all the other celebs who have behaved like a bunch of privileged children. "I'm moving to Canada if Trump wins." Now people asked Amy Schumer when she will move and she says she was only joking. Pathetic.

Another example...

I have been really looking forward to Tyce Greens new Steinman-album and started following him on Facebook a while ago, but he have now posted so many political postings and bashed Trump and his supporters so many times that I have lost all of my anticipation for his new record...

It seems to me that Tyce Green have higher ambitions to be a politician than a musician...

loaferman61
10 Nov 2016, 15:11
I had started a response to this. Then I thought why does political stuff belong here and do I want to drag it in here? It has little to do with Meat except for one appearance he did years ago.

The election is over and in this country it worked the way it supposed to, just as it did for the previous President elected by the same method.

I think I will go listen to "Braver" again - better use of my time than arguing politics after the election ended.

AndrewG
10 Nov 2016, 15:20
Another example...

I have been really looking forward to Tyce Greens new Steinman-album and started following him on Facebook a while ago, but he have now posted so many political postings and bashed Trump and his supporters so many times that I have lost all of my anticipation for his new record...

It seems to me that Tyce Green have higher ambitions to be a politician than a musician...

Hah interesting. I've lost interest in countless celebs and their works because of that too:

Dua Lipa (I cancelled a pre-order of her debut album when she suddenly started to spout "F*ck Trump" out of nowhere on her Twitter. Great way to start your career.)

Benedict Cumberbatch with his pro illegal immigration stance and harsh criticism on those that think we should limit immigration etc. I avoid anything he's in including Dr Strange. Just before that movie release he claimed "Oh maybe I was wrong". Yeah I wonder why he said it then.

Not buying any more Springsteen albums or will bother going to his shows. His book doesn't interest me, certainly with the disdain he shows towards voters that want change. Coventry this year was awesome and for me a bit like Meat's Manchester show. A great final goodbye. Wembley was a bit forgettable because of the crap sound quality from where I sat.

I don't expect them to get everything right at all or agree with their politics but artist and celebs really ought to take a less extreme form of standing up for what they believe in rather than behave like children.

Meat was very much above this, this year and I'm in awe considering he was not in the best of health and never moaned about that either.
Even with Meat's endorsement of Romney. For me, although I disagreed with it at the time, it is far more understandable. Voting is usually reactionary. Meat didn't like the lack of Obama's achievements so he wanted Romney. I get that. But to be reactionary of something you haven't even seen yet (we have no idea what Trump can do) is somewhat ridiculous. In fact some shares are rallying at the moment in anticipation of what could be a huge infrastructure boost in the USA by Trump. Jobs & growth & possibly a better infrastructure. Yet people want to replay his 2005 sex comment tape instead. Get with it!

Then there are other celebs such as Miley Cyrus, who has a huge following, accusing Trump of misogyny whilst she waffles around as a trashy whore on stage.

ashkent7
10 Nov 2016, 23:25
I sometimes think that I'm one of the few who don't give two shiny ones for any celebrities political opinions.

I've seen so many comments made - James Patterson was mauled for his He Said, She Said book with loads of I'm never buying your books again comments. Springsteen had always been upfront about his views and to be honest he took a step back for a lot of this election. I listen to music because i like it, i watch TV/films because i like them. I never sit down and think, ah this guy doesn't like the same party I like...not watching anymore. Their views have been the same for as long as they have been entertaining and many others probably have the same opinions...just vocalising them really doesn't change anything for me.

For me, world politics is a mess and if the human race is going to destroy itself, somewhere at the eye of the storm is going to be politics and religion. But when the history books are done and this generation has gone, what will be clear to see is that as the times change, so do the standards and moral obligations that people are happy to overlook. Trump and all his proven faults is a President of the time. Look at many of the role models being idolised, and all their faults be it assault, gun crime, known drug addictions. Look at the sheer number of people willing to go out and do harm to others for no reason other than they can. The people who just don't care what happens to anyone they don't directly identify with. The people in power who believe their are the one who should be listened to above all others.

Welcome to the modern world and all that seems to mean.