PDA

View Full Version : Album 14 - The Last Album - Vaults of Heaven

proctorloaf
14 Sep 2016, 21:21
I KNOW that there won't be another Meat album but what if the was a final one. A goodbye album where the characters are all men at the end of their life.

An old knight preparing for his final battle
A Wizard searching for the fountain of youth
A biker refusing to give up his leathers
A father looking back on what he was like bringing up his children
A rich man wondering what to do with his fortune
An olympic athlete remembering his past glories and cursing his body (getting old isn't for wussies)
A man and a woman who've been together for 50 years
Group of friends reunited after 30 years
A sailer lamenting on his lost love on a far away shore

Then Meat could use:
We're Still the Children
Not Allowed to Love
Vaults of Heaven
What Part of my Body hurts the most
+ 5 new songs (by a range of writers)

Finishing with a rerecording of Heaven Can Wait which would be the lead single and the final video - filmed in black and white.

I'm TOTALLY getting over excited. This is a dream that will never see the light of day. But off the back of the success that Braver Than We Are is currently having, maybe, just maybe there could be another one? (Ok there won't) but what if there was...

what if...

Wario
14 Sep 2016, 21:32
We're Still the Children
Not Allowed to Love
Vaults of Heaven

We know why Body wasnt on it, but I will never understand why these three weren't

AndrewG
14 Sep 2016, 21:51
Bat out of Hell 4Ever

Intro: Angels Arise
Tonight is What it Means To Be Young
Stark Raving Love
Rebel Without a Clue
Not Allowed to Love
Graveyard Shift
Ravishing
We're Still the Children
Dance in my Pants
What Part of My Body Hurts The Most
Bat out of Hell (4Ever Edition)

lorenzoduke
14 Sep 2016, 22:16
I wouldn't want any of this in the slightest. It's like wishing a great film with a perfect ending had an unnecessary 20 minute long post-credit sequence.

Danny L
14 Sep 2016, 22:55
Bat out of Hell 4Ever

Intro: Angels Arise
Tonight is What it Means To Be Young
Stark Raving Love
Rebel Without a Clue
Not Allowed to Love
Graveyard Shift
Ravishing
We're Still the Children
Dance in my Pants
What Part of My Body Hurts The Most
Bat out of Hell (4Ever Edition)

I hope that Meat isn't reading this and tearing his hair out ;) but this would be a dream. Get Bonnie Tyler to be the girl on Dance. And get her to record 'Safe Sex'.

The only major Steinman song Meat hasn't recorded that I think he could do in this list is Making Love Out of Nothing At All

ricgough
14 Sep 2016, 23:27
Could use :

VAULTS
TIWIMBY
LOVE OUT OF NOTHING
GRAVEYARD SHIFT (reworked heavy/dark version)
NOT ALLOWED TO LOVE
BODY
I'VE BEEN DREAMING UP A STORM LATELY (how good would that have been before " more" on braver ?)
FOR SARAH
STILL THE CHILDREN.

Jim did promise in his short-lived blog to finish "renegade angel" - maybe stuff could be adapted from 'bat out of hell' or developed from nutz?

Would need something else - something more upbeat the break up the dominance of slower tracks.

Could be great though!

Though we don't know yet what Jim is using for 'bat'.

ThatWriterGuy
14 Sep 2016, 23:44
[QUOTE=ricgough;617766
Though we don't know yet what Jim is using for 'bat'.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself ;)

ricgough
15 Sep 2016, 00:07
Speak for yourself ;)

You could pm me if you wanted to you teaser!

proctorloaf
15 Sep 2016, 00:15
I don't want to know until I've seen the show on the 17th of Feb

ricgough
15 Sep 2016, 00:22
I do. Then want to see how it works when I see it. Not on the 17th.

No P.M. but I reckon "sun in your eyes" is there in some form.

Another potential for album 14?

ricgough
15 Sep 2016, 00:30
We know why Body wasnt on it, but I will never understand why these three weren't

Or a variation of "dreaming up a storm lately" or "teenager in love" maybe?

I think a spoken word piece between skull and train of love could have worked really well.

This would be my only slight criticism of the album.

That, and that it wasn't done instead of "monster" 10 years ago.

I love the "album 14" idea. Like a loafdom area 51 where we can only speculate, but if only we knew the truth....

....could we handle the truth?

Danny L
15 Sep 2016, 00:36
You could pm me if you wanted to you teaser!

Me too you know I'm anxious ;) my birthdays a week Monday btw :P

Danny L
15 Sep 2016, 16:16
Proctor I was happy with BTWA being the finale but dammit now you got my imagination running riot!! ;) Anyone know any decent law-abiding, polite and talented Meat Loaf tributes who can record this?!

Here's how I'd do it:

Meat Loaf
BAT OUT OF HELL: EPILOGUE
Songs by Jim Steinman

1. I've Been Dreaming Up A Storm Lately
2. The Graveyard Shift
3. What Part of My Body Hurts The Most
4. Dance in My Pants (feat Cian Coney)
5. Vaults of Heaven [same tune as 'Fur Sarah']
6. Faster Than The Speed of Night
7. Not Allowed To Love (feat Stacey Michelle)
8. Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young
9. We're Still the Children We Were Then [written as a quartet so performed as such] (feat Patti Russo, Mrs Loud & Tyce Green)
10. Encore: Total Eclipse of the Heart (feat Bonnie Tyler)

This beautiful piece would be the cover http://www.deviantart.com/art/Bat-Out-of-Hell-505859056 - I can't believe it's fan art!!

EDIT 2: COVER MOCK - https://twitter.com/dannylavery/status/776437823977074688

Danny L
15 Sep 2016, 17:29
Of course the musical may change this if it throws up any unexpected [new?] songs

And *$!£ I left out MAKING LOVE OUT OF NOTHING AT ALL!! It can replace Faster.

letsgotoofar
15 Sep 2016, 17:39
It's nice to dream, but as John Lennon said in 1970, "The dream is over." I do, however, find it interesting that people are rushing to fantasize about another Steinman-written album performed by Meat when we are currently watching one explode onto the market. Not gonna lie, it does make me question the rush to give positive reviews to Braver and whether some people here are more underwhelmed with the current album than they're willing to express. Wish fulfillment fantasies often arise from such things...

Danny L
15 Sep 2016, 17:41
I love Braver I really do and Im so glad it finally happened, this is just a bit of fun 'what if'?

For me this thread fired up the imagination.

eltmatt
15 Sep 2016, 17:53
this could be a good idea, if he could still sing it.

CarylB
15 Sep 2016, 17:58
... it does make me question the rush to give positive reviews to Braver and whether some people here are more underwhelmed with the current album than they're willing to express. Wish fulfillment fantasies often arise from such things...

I haven't noticed that any significant number of people who have posted positive reviews are doing this ... for myself I'm with Michael who said:
I wouldn't want any of this in the slightest. It's like wishing a great film with a perfect ending had an unnecessary 20 minute long post-credit sequence.

Bit I've also noticed over the years, every time Meat releases a new album it precipitates ideas for the next one ;) .. as well as suggestions for what he should have included/left off the most recent one

AndrewG
15 Sep 2016, 18:03
It's nice to dream, but as John Lennon said in 1970, "The dream is over." I do, however, find it interesting that people are rushing to fantasize about another Steinman-written album performed by Meat when we are currently watching one explode onto the market. Not gonna lie, it does make me question the rush to give positive reviews to Braver and whether some people here are more underwhelmed with the current album than they're willing to express. Wish fulfillment fantasies often arise from such things...

:roll:

Your post comes across as patronising.

I didn't realise myself & other board members were a psychological experiment for you. Perhaps you should just listen to "More" and chill out and not question people's interest in sharing their imagination on a fan forum.
If you think "The dream is over" why did you join this forum at that very point? Unless you have some type of agenda you are not telling us.

AndrewG
15 Sep 2016, 18:13
I do. Then want to see how it works when I see it. Not on the 17th.

No P.M. but I reckon "sun in your eyes" is there in some form.

Another potential for album 14?

I'd never heard of this song. The demo on Youtube is pretty poor but I like the super long song title. Sounds quite Beatles-esque somehow.

letsgotoofar
15 Sep 2016, 18:53
:roll:

Your post comes across as patronising.

I didn't realise myself & other board members were a psychological experiment for you. Perhaps you should just listen to "More" and chill out and not question people's interest in sharing their imagination on a fan forum.
If you think "The dream is over" why did you join this forum at that very point? Unless you have some type of agenda you are not telling us.

Maybe I wanted to celebrate the long career Meat has had with other fans, and MLUKFC is renowned as the place to do that. There's nothing wrong with facing facts, and still liking the guy's music. I was merely remarking on how quick people were to fantasize about a new Meat/Steinman album, and wondered if maybe this meant they weren't as satisfied with the current product as they claim to be. Some said they just liked to fantasize, and CarylB brought up a very good point that every Meat album precipitates such discussion. I was just speculating. No need to take it so personally.

ThatWriterGuy
15 Sep 2016, 21:26
I was merely remarking on how quick people were to fantasize about a new Meat/Steinman album, and wondered if maybe this meant they weren't as satisfied with the current product as they claim to be.

So, you'd need everyone who has posted a positive opinion on this album to post again under this topic, stating whether or not that opinion was genuine.

Good luck with that.

(Before you ask: yes, mine is genuine!) :cool:

Danny L
15 Sep 2016, 21:47
I too can confirm this is not a lie:

https://dannylavery9.wordpress.com/2016/09/09/meat-loaf-braver-than-we-are-review/ :D

If anything as I said in my review while I enjoyed some of the tracks on there, yes including a couple of the ones not written by Steinman, Bat III is very much the weak link in the Meat Loaf & Jim Steinman canon.

It was meant to be the completion that BTWA somewhat gave us.

proctorloaf
15 Sep 2016, 22:20
The way this conversation has gone is just so indicative of this forum.
I am so satisfied with BTWA. It's amazing. If it is the last album, its a brilliant last album.

But I live by the rule: too much is never enough.
After all going all the way is just the start.

I WANT MORE. MORE. MORE.

(And I'm content that I'm not going to get any more. I didn't think that there would be more albums after Welcome to the Neighbourhood. I was wrong - we were treated to a bunch of amazing records after the 90s.)

letsgotoofar
15 Sep 2016, 22:35
So, you'd need everyone who has posted a positive opinion on this album to post again under this topic, stating whether or not that opinion was genuine.

Good luck with that.

(Before you ask: yes, mine is genuine!) :cool:

No, [name here], I wouldn't, not that it matters. ;)

ThatWriterGuy
15 Sep 2016, 23:06
No, Nick, I wouldn't, not that it matters. ;)

Thanks Gib.

letsgotoofar
15 Sep 2016, 23:23
My pleasure, [name here]! :D

Danny L
15 Sep 2016, 23:37
Three cheers to anonimity!! :D

proctorloaf
16 Sep 2016, 09:41
Meat talks about the possibility of Album 14 and it aint Vaults of Heaven its...
Hot Holidays LOL - skip to the final 2 mins.
http://radio.foxnews.com/2016/09/15/meat-loaf-this-is-my-last-album-unless/

ThatWriterGuy
16 Sep 2016, 10:02
My pleasure, [name here]! :D

No worries, Ringo :cool:

letsgotoofar
16 Sep 2016, 10:08
Meat talks about the possibility of Album 14 and it aint Vaults of Heaven its...

Oooh, maybe he can use the Christmas-themed verse of "Speaking in Tongues" that didn't make the album. (A MAN CAN DREAM, OKAY?!)

ThatWriterGuy
16 Sep 2016, 10:31

I actually think that the second half of GOING ALL THE WAY (from 'say a prayer' at 7 mins in) would make a BRILLIANT Christmas single, with an appropriately 'timely' (and somewhat humble and silly) video (featuring Meat, Ellen, Karla, etc. doing hokey Christmas things in an overly Christmassy setting -- giving gifts, eating dinner, things going wrong, etc.). HOWEVER, I don't want to be the one that has to tell JIM that I suggested this :-P

But honestly, Christmas no.1 potential? Look at Christmas songs of the past in the UK. The vibe is there (but I fear for Jim's sanity and mental health if this were ever to happen outside of semi-lucid ideas on this forum).

Kev
16 Sep 2016, 15:13
This album isn't the end...

eltmatt
16 Sep 2016, 16:48
What makes you say that?

Moonlight shadow
16 Sep 2016, 17:38
Probably... I think too.
And I hope!!

anotherday
16 Sep 2016, 17:52

What makes you say that?

Danny L
16 Sep 2016, 18:07
Meat says he may record 'What Part of My Body Hurts The Most' as promo for the musical. Who knows it may stretch to an EP?!

He said Hot Holidays may still happen. If his wife (!) lets him

loaferman61
16 Sep 2016, 21:47
I wonder how many unreleased studio tracks he has? I know he has lots of live stuff and always mentioned listening to recordings of a recent show.

Danny L
16 Sep 2016, 21:55
i wonder how many vintage live shows are out there never released in video format?

Queen release vintage stuff all the time. Imagine something like a BAT II show or BORN TO ROCK on DVD!

Danny L
17 Sep 2016, 02:25
Proctor I was happy with BTWA being the finale but dammit now you got my imagination running riot!! ;) Anyone know any decent law-abiding, polite and talented Meat Loaf tributes who can record this?!

Here's how I'd do it:

Meat Loaf
BAT OUT OF HELL: EPILOGUE
Songs by Jim Steinman

1. I've Been Dreaming Up A Storm Lately
2. The Graveyard Shift
3. What Part of My Body Hurts The Most
4. Dance in My Pants
5. Vaults of Heaven [same tune as 'Fur Sarah']
6. Making Love Out of Nothing At All
7. Not Allowed To Love
8. Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young
9. We're Still the Children We Were Then
10. Encore: Total Eclipse of the Heart

This beautiful piece would be the cover http://www.deviantart.com/art/Bat-Out-of-Hell-505859056 - I can't believe it's fan art!!

EDIT 2: COVER MOCK - https://twitter.com/dannylavery/status/776437823977074688

All other artists of course performing but I've actually just burnt this CD as a demo/concept album! :P

eltmatt
17 Sep 2016, 12:11
Where can I download those songs to burn to a cd? :(

Danny L
17 Sep 2016, 13:58
Where can I download those songs to burn to a cd? :(

1. I've Been Dreaming Up A Storm Lately - from Pandora's Box Original Sin album
2. The Graveyard Shift - Jim Steinman Batman demo - on jimsteinman.com website
3. What Part of My Body Hurts The Most - Rob Evan live
4. Dance in My Pants - Meat & Amy live 1988
5. Vaults of Heaven [same tune as 'Fur Sarah'] - Rory Dodd demo
6. Making Love Out of Nothing At All - Bonnie Tyler
7. Not Allowed To Love - Batman Demo
8. Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young - Fire Inc
9. We're Still the Children We Were Then - Steinman's Batman Demo
10. Encore: Total Eclipse of the Heart - DOTV Demo Barton & Caswell

Max
19 Sep 2016, 09:58
This is more of a coulda woulda shoulda
Chink-a-Chang/You’re Ugly /Let the Revels Begin
Come in the Night
Who Needs the Young
Teenager in Love
Braver than We Are
Speaking in Tongues
Souvenirs
Loving You’s a Dirty Job
You’ve Got to Love Me (With the Sun in Your Eyes)
Only When I Feel
Godz
The Last American Buffalo/The Annihilation
Vaults of Heaven