PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf Live Vinyl / Masculine misprint will get Wario excited...

AndrewG
29 Jul 2016, 13:10
Interesting... I don't think this has been pointed out before, at least I haven't seen it on here...

I've just started to collect some Vinyl records and amongst that am building up a Meat Loaf collection. Just got my hands on a pristine copy of Meat Loaf live from 1987, same as the CD most of us will have. In fact the records look unplayed or are just very very clean for their age.

The set comes on two Vinyls to make it all fit. There is a main one that has everything up till Bat and a 12 inch single that contains Masculine and on the other side the Rock medley.

What I noticed straight away is that the labels on 3 of the 4 sides are all incorrect. They carry over the "Masculine" track name from the single and makes it appear as if the album's name is actually Masculine and not "Live". I wonder if this is the same on all copies of this record or just a misprint on a few pressings?

There should be one happy Wario out there if he doesn't know about this! :D
Masculine can simply never leave us alone it seems even if it isn't on a specific side of a record. :-)

http://media.mlxxfc.net/masculine_record1.jpg
http://media.mlxxfc.net/masculine_record2.jpg
http://media.mlxxfc.net/masculine_record4.jpg
http://media.mlxxfc.net/masculine_record3.jpg

Wario
29 Jul 2016, 23:02
That isn't a misprint it's totally a work of God.

rockfenris2005
30 Jul 2016, 09:12
Was the album going to be called "Masculine" I wonder?

glockenspiel
30 Jul 2016, 09:52
How is it that the song 'Masculine' doesn't appear on the LP ?!

Wario
30 Jul 2016, 09:59
How is it that the song 'Masculine' doesn't appear on the LP ?!

It's on the second LP

glockenspiel
30 Jul 2016, 11:19
What, you mean that's a side of an LP, with one track on it ?

AndrewG
30 Jul 2016, 13:07
What, you mean that's a side of an LP, with one track on it ?

Yes that one is for 45rpm, so is like a 12" single. The main album one is at 33 1/3rpm speed.

I'm not sure at the max play length of a 12" single (probably about 15-16 minutes at 45rpm) but some actually do play at the lower speed when they are still called a single.
Bizarrely the set of singles I got from Blind before I stop have two live bonus songs on two of them (Dead Ringer For Love & Paradise). On one of the singles they obviously ran out of play time and just fade out Paradise at the very end. So strange. Why not make it for 33 1/3rpm then or leave out one of the bonus songs on the other side and put DRFL there? :shrug:

update: Just read that 45rpm supposedly sounds better because the inner side of a 33 1/3rpm record suffers from lower speeds (because of curvature) and can loose out on high frequencies. 45rpm because of the higher initial speed can combat this somewhat. Interesting...

Sue K
30 Jul 2016, 14:40
I just received this in my private AOL email box:

"Meat Loaf Live Vinyl / Masculine misprint will get Wario excited...
mlukfc.com
I've just started to collect some Vinyl records and amongst that am building up a Meat Loaf collection. Just got my hands on a pristine copy of Meat ..."

Bad enough I get email for penis enlargement, but now I'm getting email as to what gets Warie excited ??? ... OY ... hahahah ... :spit:

ThatWriterGuy
30 Jul 2016, 15:04
Just read that 45rpm supposedly sounds better because the inner side of a 33 1/3rpm record suffers from lower speeds (because of curvature) and can loose out on high frequencies. 45rpm because of the higher initial speed can combat this somewhat. Interesting...

That's more or less right (and why 12" singles exist in the first place). You'll also notice that a lot of bands today are releasing double and triple vinyl sets, with 2-3 songs per side, purely for the audio quality (the wider the grooves, etc). However, it all depends on how the album was produced, mixed, mastered, and cut in the first place (I've got a paper thin copy -- exaggeration! -- of Heart Over Mind by Jennifer Rush, and it sounds phenomenal - so it's as much to do with the pressing and how 'hot' it was cut, as the physical aspect of the vinyl, too).

Wario
30 Jul 2016, 20:36
I just received this in my private AOL email box:

"Meat Loaf Live Vinyl / Masculine misprint will get Wario excited...
mlukfc.com
I've just started to collect some Vinyl records and amongst that am building up a Meat Loaf collection. Just got my hands on a pristine copy of Meat ..."

Bad enough I get email for penis enlargement, but now I'm getting email as to what gets Warie excited ??? ... OY ... hahahah ... :spit:

You would be correct with whatever thing you thought of.

ajf33
31 Jul 2016, 08:41
If I remember correctly the cassette version of the album was the same, the tape had Masculine printed on it, despite the box being correctly tittled as Live!

Wario
31 Jul 2016, 09:00
If I remember correctly the cassette version of the album was the same, the tape had Masculine printed on it, despite the box being correctly tittled as Live!

"MASCULINE: Live at Wembley" is a much better album title than the generic "Live!"

That's not even being biased.