PDA

View Full Version : Meat Is he ok?

stretch37
17 Jun 2016, 07:26
He Collapsed on stage. Anyone have any word? Apparently he collapsed clutching his chest! :( jesus

Just check out instagram https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/meatloaf/

I'm not making this shit up.......Damn it Meat! :'(

----

Ok Update. Sorry, of course no one knows if he is okay yet. That was my initial reaction after seeing a single video on instagram of a concerned fan at the show....In any case....I do not care to speculate at the moment....Meat Please be ok :(

Elijah's way
17 Jun 2016, 07:52
God I pray he's ok! I can't imagine a world without my hero. 😢

Julie in the rv mirror
17 Jun 2016, 08:23
I just heard- OMG! I hope he's OK! :shock:

Wario
17 Jun 2016, 08:43
https://s31.postimg.org/r9gdic163/image.jpg

Hopefully this is all gonna be ok

anotherday
17 Jun 2016, 08:51
Shit. No. NO NO NO NO NO.

stretch37
17 Jun 2016, 08:56
I heard it was just a feinting episode from dehydration. This is from Global news confirmed not long ago.....So can rest easy guys, at least I think you can.

Battybarb
17 Jun 2016, 09:15
Let's hope that's all it is , get well soon Meat and rest up x

lorenzoduke
17 Jun 2016, 09:32
We need you and love you, Meat. Please be well.

stretch37
17 Jun 2016, 09:41
Just saw this on twitter. I saw this on global as well he was awake after answering questions, knew who he was....So that's good....

http://media.mlxxfc.net/meattwitterok.PNG

White of High
17 Jun 2016, 10:05
I hope he will be okay.

lorenzoduke
17 Jun 2016, 10:07
We're fans and friends and Meat posts here. I would think we could hold ourselves to a higher standard than the Daily Mail.

Monstro
17 Jun 2016, 10:09
Please remember that as a fan forum feelings will be running high until we know exactly how Meat is, please think of others as well as what Meat would want posted.

*originaldancechick
17 Jun 2016, 10:11
Just heard the news. Hope he is ok. Luv cx

markyboy1985
17 Jun 2016, 10:18
Hope he is ok

PanicLord
17 Jun 2016, 10:19
Get well soon Meat

Tina.K.
17 Jun 2016, 10:20
Hopefully it's just a combination of exhaustion, stress and virtigo, like he had earlier. He needs to slow down.

melon
17 Jun 2016, 10:26
Hope all is ok Meat, thinking of you and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Joeckl
17 Jun 2016, 10:31
Get well soon Meat!!!! Best wishes from Germany!!!!

Monstro
17 Jun 2016, 11:21
http://media.mlxxfc.net/update.jpg

stretch37
17 Jun 2016, 11:28
http://media.mlxxfc.net/update.jpg

Beat me to the punch. It looks like he's stable now. I chatted with one of those guys in the screenshot. One f htem told me it wasn't just feinting though, some other issue happened as well. But as far as I'm concerned that's the rumor mill, and of course usually feinting is caused by an underlying reason....So he kind of stated the obvious didn't he? ;)

Someone updated wikipedia to say he was Dead. I see that edit has already been changed. I went in and updated his "active" section to say he's Presently an active musician again. Someone had set it 1970-2016.

God as meat says...I see dumb people...

Renegade Angel
17 Jun 2016, 11:29
Meat, we love you but its time to call it a day. Your health is far too important, you have given us many, many great highlights in your career but you need to rest now as we don't want to lose you.
Sending you big love and best wishes and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Love ya!

Renagade Angel x

NightAngel
17 Jun 2016, 11:37
God as meat says...I see dumb people...[/QUOTE]

Yes Agree...Seriously dumb people! :angry:

Get well asap Meat xx

BATOUTOFHEAVEN
17 Jun 2016, 11:43
Hope Meat has a good and speedy recovery! This was an awful bit of news to wake up to :(

stretch37
17 Jun 2016, 11:46
Hope Meat has a good and speedy recovery! This was an awful bit of news to wake up to :(

Indeed it would be :( I am having trouble getting to sleep because of the same...Just want Meat to be Ok ya know.

nikox1
17 Jun 2016, 12:05
Best Wishes Meat, speedy recovery

nozza
17 Jun 2016, 12:05
Get well soon Meat x

AndrewG
17 Jun 2016, 12:12
One of most read articles on BBC right now.
Don't watch the video if you don't want to see Meat collapse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36556844

stretch37
17 Jun 2016, 12:12
http://media.mlxxfc.net/samecondition.PNG

Tried to get more info from the news site. Same guy answering with his source saying Meat still stable but no new info. However, as the saying goes over here (And likely something similar for most of you) 'No news is good news'.

And with that, I'm off to try to get some shut eye.

Meat Loaf_fan
17 Jun 2016, 12:15
When I saw this info I was (and still) very, very sad :( ...

Get well Meat! My thoughts are with you.

stretch37
17 Jun 2016, 12:19
One of most read articles on BBC right now.
Don't watch the video if you don't want to see Meat collapse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36556844

I'm not as worried about seeing him collapse as insensitive comments about him at this time.....But yeah nice idea to have the disclaimer. I'm finding it hard *not* to watch the video on twitter and fb. It just auto plays him falling over and over. Is it wrong that I'm kind of numb to it now :evil:

CarylB
17 Jun 2016, 12:23
Some local news reports have referred to exhaustion and dehydration, and he pushes himself so hard these would not be surprising.

To me ... Meat is the toughest and most determined man I know. Keep him in your thoughts, hold him close to your hearts, but he's not ready for them to play "Take me out to the ball game" and won't be for a long time. I shall keep him in mine :-)

CarylB
17 Jun 2016, 12:28
I'm not as worried about seeing him collapse as insensitive comments about him at this time.....But yeah nice idea to have the disclaimer. I'm finding it hard *not* to watch the video on twitter and fb. It just auto plays him falling over and over. Is it wrong that I'm kind of numb to it now :evil:

If it's wrong for me to think that the people who originally took the photos and videos and gave them to the media so they can be plastered around the internet are insensitive, intrusive and frankly cruel .. I don't care. And for the first time ever I'll use this emoticon :evil:

stretch37
17 Jun 2016, 12:31
I asked, and WCBS has responded in kind by confirming it. Meat is in good and stable condition :D

Here's the evidence ;)

https://twitter.com/WCBSTV/status/743737118954950656

And for those that don't use twitter
http://media.mlxxfc.net/evidence.PNG

AndrewG
17 Jun 2016, 12:56
Looking at the TMZ article. Was someone actually filming this show with a VHS camera from 1986? Bizarre to say the least.

batcity
17 Jun 2016, 13:23
Get well soon Meat!!!

LisaT
17 Jun 2016, 13:48
Meat, we love you but its time to call it a day. Your health is far too important, you have given us many, many great highlights in your career but you need to rest now as we don't want to lose you.
Sending you big love and best wishes and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Love ya!

Renagade Angel x

It pains me to say it, but I have to agree; stop before it's too late and enjoy your retirement, Meat - you've certainly earned it!

AndrewG
17 Jun 2016, 13:56
I hope Meat recovers quickly and there are no complications for him. I guess he will need to make a decision if further touring indeed will go ahead now (the remaining Canada dates, US tour and possible Europe/UK dates). It is totally up to him and if he comes to the UK I'd probably go see him. At the same time he doesn't need to prove anything so if he stops or takes a break for a while I wouldn't be disappointed at all. Not for myself at least. Yes for him, that he wouldn't be able to do what he wanted to do perhaps. But at same time there's nothing wrong with ending live dates whilst he can still do other things and enjoy life. Phil Collins and Roxette are pretty much done whilst still living and I still enjoy their music etc.

Dick
17 Jun 2016, 14:11
Hope he feels better soon. He puts on a hell of a show.

Though can't help but think the sound guys dropped the ball a bit. Words will no doubt be had.

Steve6
17 Jun 2016, 14:15
His days of doing live shows should now be over. He's had a long hard career, and at 68 doing these live shows will do him more harm than good. He owes the fans nothing. He should now retire for the sake of his health!

mabsey
17 Jun 2016, 14:31
Hope he gets well soon. The video is hard to watch, although odd, he carries on singing laying on his back, but doesn't actually have a microphone is his hand. Time to call it a day and think about his health.

AndrewG
17 Jun 2016, 14:35
Hope he gets well soon. The video is hard to watch, although odd, he carries on singing laying on his back, but doesn't actually have a microphone is his hand. Time to call it a day and think about his health.

It's just the chorus dub Meat vocal track you hear along with extra backing vocals which is synced to a click track for the drummer and has minor orchestrations on it too. He is most definitely singing live during the song.

Tina.K.
17 Jun 2016, 15:16
Any latest news? (some inside information from band members or Frances or any other reliable source?)

loaferman61
17 Jun 2016, 15:19
I think probably the only thing we can all agree on is that we love Meat Loaf and want him to be well and with us for a long time yet. Get well Meat.

AndrewG
17 Jun 2016, 15:32
Any latest news? (some inside information from band members or Frances or any other reliable source?)

The BBC article has just been updated to read that "he is stable and in good condition"

tonyloaf
17 Jun 2016, 15:35
Wait for meat to respond , don't believe anything you read

Tina.K.
17 Jun 2016, 15:47
The BBC article has just been updated to read that "he is stable and in good condition"

Yeah, but ...'says who?' An unknown journalist?

loaferman61
17 Jun 2016, 15:53

The Youtube video comments are about what you'd expect from people these days. I just ignore them. To them it is just a joke probably hoping to get his fans riled up.

I have to say that Paul Crook was very cool by staying calm and not making people even more panicked than they were. He's good to have around in a crisis.

AndrewG
17 Jun 2016, 16:50
The Youtube video comments are about what you'd expect from people these days. I just ignore them. To them it is just a joke probably hoping to get his fans riled up.

Everything is a joke on the internet. The vast majority have their mouth and fingers in sixth gear and their brain in neutral or reverse!
Just after that politician was murdered everyone went over to Nigel Farage's twitter messages to blame him in response. This to me is pathetic, also because if you don't like a person why look them up on Twitter or follow them?!

Sure you can disagree with someone or not like an artist but to write imbecilic stuff is just abusing the anonymity of the internet. I wouldn't mind if everything you wrote on the internet included your full name, photo and location. Try it then scumbags!

Danny L
17 Jun 2016, 17:05
GET WELL SOON MEAT LOAF!

Tina.K.
17 Jun 2016, 17:21
Just on his Facebook page:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Meat Loaf collapsed Thursday night due to severe dehydration near the end of his concert at the Northern Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

He was admitted to a nearby hospital to undergo routine tests. His vital signs are stable and normal — he's responsive and recovering well.

He extends his heartfelt thanks for everyone's support and well wishes, and is expecting a speedy and full recovery.

Any concert postponements / rescheduled dates will be announced at a later time.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

byo1975
17 Jun 2016, 18:06
Get well soon Meat!!!!

eltmatt
17 Jun 2016, 18:12
I think he should cancel the rest of this tour and rest up for Braver than we are release

Wario
17 Jun 2016, 18:24
I think he should cancel the rest of this tour and rest up for Braver than we are release

I honestly agree. We need him around to see Going all the Way get to number 1 in 245 countries (wasn't that AFLs record?)

Make up the Canada dates next year.

anotherday
17 Jun 2016, 18:34
I honestly agree. We need him around to see Going all the Way get to number 1 in 245 countries (wasn't that AFLs record?) Make up the Canada dates next year. but he probably won't. Wants to make it up to his fans, as soon as possible I'm sure. You know how Meat is.

S.
17 Jun 2016, 18:38
Please get some rest, you need to look after yourself, Meat.
Love Susan
XX

meatloaf5
17 Jun 2016, 18:48
Latest news seems to be that he was dehydrated on stage, and that he is recovering.
Needs to have a rest but I bet he`ll want to carry on with the tour as soon as he can.
Sad to say it but he probably needs to wind it down a bit, though that`ll mean we won't get to see him in the UK again :( However, his health comes first!

Tina.K.
17 Jun 2016, 19:12
Thank God he's doing fine.

Well, the positive thing of this all, is the world wide attention he gets. The media might also mention the release of the new album in september. ;)

BATOUTOFHEAVEN
17 Jun 2016, 19:23
I won't call for him to stop touring, I think it's up to Meat once he's rested enough to decide to do what would make him the happiest.

Whether that's continuing the touring, acting or doing albums I would support his decision as long as he was putting himself first. I love how much he interacts with us but I think all anyone of us want is for Meat to do what's best for him.

loaferman61
17 Jun 2016, 19:32
Meat posted on Facebook about 30 minutes ago.

lorenzoduke
17 Jun 2016, 20:13
Meat's going to do what Meat's going to do regardless. I just hope he knows that we value having him around long-term more than we value one more tour. Sounds overdramatic, I know.

CarylB
17 Jun 2016, 21:13
I won't call for him to stop touring, I think it's up to Meat once he's rested enough to decide to do what would make him the happiest.

Which he will ;) Severe dehydration can be catastrophic when it finally gets you, but recovery can be very swift. Balancing his electrolytes is key for a performer like Meat and he has an entire routine on show days to do this .. it went out of kilter in Edmonton .. he'll get his handle on it firmly again

Wario
17 Jun 2016, 21:16
I honestly agree. We need him around to see Going all the Way get to number 1 in 245 countries (wasn't that AFLs record?)

I'm a dumbass there aren't even 245 ocountries n the planet erth

loaferman61
17 Jun 2016, 21:21

But it was #1 in all 57 states in the US.

AndrewG
17 Jun 2016, 21:24

I think AFL was probably closer to reaching number 1 in 20 countries.
Still it was an awesome achievement. :D
I've only travelled to about 10 countries in 35 years.

Actually I looked it up and was 28 (!) countries. :shock:

Michael Marxen
17 Jun 2016, 23:39
Actually I looked it up and was 28 (!) countries. :shock:

So pretty much every country listening to that kind of music.

Plus: Bat 2 and Anything both reaching Nr. 1 in the three biggest music markets worldwide (US, Germany, UK).
One of Meats major achievements. Newest one is making Braver a reality!

White of High
17 Jun 2016, 23:47
The biggest music markets are India, China and Latin America... after that US. ;) Meat is less famous than Daddy Yankee. :?

R.
17 Jun 2016, 23:51
The biggest music markets are India, China and Latin America... after that US. ;) Meat is less famous than Daddy Yankee. :?1993? I doubt that.

White of High
18 Jun 2016, 00:13
In 1993 India had 900 millions people. China had 1300 millions. Germany had 78. Think ahead! ;)

AndrewG
18 Jun 2016, 00:20
In 1993 India had 900 millions people. China had 1300 millions. Germany had 78. Think ahead! ;)

And Daddy Yankee sold lots in China and India in 1993? No way.

nikox1
18 Jun 2016, 00:27
The USA and Japan are the 2 biggest music markets, followed by UK and germany

White of High
18 Jun 2016, 00:31
C'mon guys! Hollywood is much smaller than Bollywood, so American and Europian music market is much smaller than the Indian (or China, Latin America). And it was the same in 1993. Just you had no information. ;)

AndrewG
18 Jun 2016, 00:36
C'mon guys! Hollywood is much smaller than Bollywood, so American and Europian music market is much smaller than the Indian (or China, Latin America). And it was the same in 1993. Just you had no information. ;)

You're talking out of your Daddy Yankee. Hollywood is about 3x as big as Bollywood looking at revenue. Also they spend far more money on Hollywood productions and they reach a much wider global audience. ;-)

nikox1
18 Jun 2016, 00:43
India, China, don't buy many English speaking music. In fact up until 8 years ago you couldn't buy foreign music legally in china

White of High
18 Jun 2016, 00:53
You're talking out of your Daddy Yankee. Hollywood is about 3x as big as Bollywood looking at revenue. Also they spend far more money on Hollywood productions and they reach a much wider global audience. ;-)

Market doesn't mean how much money you spend on a music project, but means how many CDs you sell. Bollywood movies are sold for bigger public than US movies, and Indian people spend much more money for cinemas than Us an EU together. World is not only English speaking countries. ;)

nikox1
18 Jun 2016, 00:58
Are you not talking about music? 😕

AndrewG
18 Jun 2016, 00:59
Market doesn't mean how much money you spend on a music project, but means how many CDs you sell. Bollywood movies are sold for bigger public than US movies, and Indian people spend much more money for cinemas than Us an EU together. World is not only English speaking countries. ;)

Well whilst you're enjoying the latest Bollywood movie and album release from Sonu Nigam I'll be enjoying "Braver Than we are" from Meat and "Star Wars Rogue One" in the cinema :-P

White of High
18 Jun 2016, 01:04
I didn't say I enjoy any Bollywood movie or music. ;)

CarylB
18 Jun 2016, 01:08
Oh good grief!! Earlier today some people were worried about whether we might lose Meat.

Whether the teeming millions in China were this or that .. AFL was a hugely successful record, went Platinum in those countries where Meat's kind of music was appreciated and available. It got him the Grammy, it was and is great.

Meat Is he OK? Severe dehydration can have a catastrophic effect, but is thankfully easily remedied. He's on the mend. Great that he is, and great to see him hop on his FB page and emphatically point out he does not do clubs on his days off !!! ;)

R.
18 Jun 2016, 01:10
Market doesn't mean how much money you spend on a music project, but means how many CDs you sell. Bollywood movies are sold for bigger public than US movies, and Indian people spend much more money for cinemas than Us an EU together. World is not only English speaking countries. ;)May i suggest that you study this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_music_industry_market_share_data) and re-evaluate your conclusions.

R.
18 Jun 2016, 01:11
Meat Is he OK? Severe dehydration can have a catastrophic effect, but is thankfully easily remedied. He's on the mend. Great that he is, and great to see him hop on his FB page and emphatically point out he does not do clubs on his days off !!! ;)Cough, yes you're right. :lol:

White of High
18 Jun 2016, 01:34
May i suggest that you study this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_music_industry_market_share_data) and re-evaluate your conclusions.

If market means how much money you earn on a CD. Sure, US earns much more than any other country but it doesn't mean the market is bigger. It means American music industry makes bigger money.

nikox1
18 Jun 2016, 01:37
Asia is a black market haven for music.
P's _ yay Meats on the mend

Michael Marxen
18 Jun 2016, 02:06
With the good news coming in may I state something positive (every bad has its good):

Waking up to Edmonton/Meat making the news worldwide shows what a legend he is!
Glad he still wants to party with us and leaves Lemmy, Bowie, Prince, Glen Frey alone.

*meatgirl*
18 Jun 2016, 12:32
Get well soon meat

PanicLord
18 Jun 2016, 12:37
Nice to see overwhelming support on his Facebook page. Keep getting better Meat.

GenoJLaw
12 Jul 2016, 07:07
IDK where to put this so I'll put it here. Meat did a small interview about him collapsing and that he has started a new exercise program to make sure it doesn't happen again. I wonder when fall US shows will be announced?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/meat-loaf-stage-collapse/

Fire Ball
27 Jul 2016, 19:47
IDK where to put this so I'll put it here. Meat did a small interview about him collapsing and that he has started a new exercise program to make sure it doesn't happen again. I wonder when fall US shows will be announced?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/meat-loaf-stage-collapse/

I want to shoot that writer or the editor from ultimate classic rock , That interview was for a Sept . Release and they put out that collapsing thing . That needs to go away . It was not a small interview I talked to them for over an Hour . There will be a feature in Sept . No , I am not well and the Fall dates all got canceled. M

LucyK!
27 Jul 2016, 19:49
Get this album released and the press won't give a sh!t about what happened in Canada... :up:

LisaT
27 Jul 2016, 20:17
Are tickets for the UK tour next year still going on sale on 5th August, does anyone know, or has that been cancelled too now? I can't keep up!

LucyK!
27 Jul 2016, 20:21
Meat said that the August 5th date had been delayed but they should still be on sale in August.

Tina.K.
27 Jul 2016, 21:12
I want to shoot that writer or the editor from ultimate classic rock , That interview was for a Sept . Release and they put out that collapsing thing . That needs to go away . It was not a small interview I talked to them for over an Hour . There will be a feature in Sept . No , I am not well and the Fall dates all got canceled. M

You're not well? You didn't recover enough? What's going on? :-(

markyboy1985
27 Jul 2016, 21:24
Hope everything is ok meat...your health is paramount! Look aft
er youraelf we all f**king love you dont ever think otherwise!!! Ps cant wait for this album

Vickip
27 Jul 2016, 23:34

First of all I'm looking forward to the new CD and the feature in September.

I'm truly sorry you still have to deal with the collapsing thing and that you're still not well :( As much as I was looking forward to (hopefully) seeing you again in the fall, I understand completely why the dates had to be cancelled. Your health always comes first, and if you feel up to it, hopefully you'll be able to come back and do a few shows in the USA after you return from Europe next year.

Love you
Vicki

NightAngel
28 Jul 2016, 03:41
I want to B**** Slap the people that initially put it out there in the first place!!

Anyway, I think Lucy is right!!

Take care!

Lots of Love
Viv x

Sue K
28 Jul 2016, 04:08

gentle hugs ... xoxo

lorenzoduke
31 Jul 2016, 22:54
You know what we're really missing? Videos from Meat like we got during the run up to Hang Cool. No better way of setting the record straight than getting the straight dope direct from the man himself.

suzieq
02 Aug 2016, 01:09

Sorry you are dealing with the premature releases. Even more sorry you aren't well. I can't even begin to tell you how much I wish for your health to turn its self around in a positive direction. Multiple times and daily about covers the maths on that. Suz.

stretch37
02 Aug 2016, 17:18
You know what we're really missing? Videos from Meat like we got during the run up to Hang Cool. No better way of setting the record straight than getting the straight dope direct from the man himself.

Yup and they'd get even more views today! Way more, meat has way more followers.

I'd love to see meat get his hands on an Instagram account hah