View Full Version : Bat Out Of Hell The Musical

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PanicLord
15 Jun 2016, 20:03
http://media.mlxxfc.net/FB_IMG_1465881625643.jpg

This is going to be an amazing year for Steinman and Meat fans 😀

rockfenris2005
15 Jun 2016, 20:10
Heaven knows we've waited patiently enough.

Danny L
15 Jun 2016, 20:27
http://media.mlxxfc.net/FB_IMG_1465881625643.jpg

This is going to be an amazing year for Steinman and Meat fans ��

Sounds like a Christmas opening with a world tour (inc West End stop)?!

timedd well to coincide with the launch of the album which surely can't hurt for a bit of cross-promotion

PanicLord
15 Jun 2016, 20:28
Heaven knows we've waited patiently enough.

Pah. Heaven can wait.

PanicLord
15 Jun 2016, 20:29
Sounds like a Christmas opening with a world tour (inc West End stop)?!

Yeah West End. Wanna book now!

Danny L
15 Jun 2016, 20:32
Me too!!!! By hook or by crook I WILL BE THERE.

Or I will cry.

ThatWriterGuy
15 Jun 2016, 22:31
Some of the arrangements - the one's I've heard, at least - are sounding INCREDIBLE. Like NOTHING you've heard before (not literally, obviously, otherwise that'd be a whole OTHER musical).

PanicLord
15 Jun 2016, 22:36
Some of the arrangements - the one's I've heard, at least - are sounding INCREDIBLE. Like NOTHING you've heard before (not literally, obviously, otherwise that'd be a whole OTHER musical).

How exciting... how have you heard some?

Danny L
15 Jun 2016, 22:36
The musical show has the potential to become Meat & Jim's legacy through ongoing productions, local theatre shows etc (weatered down from the million dollar premiere of course!!)

ThatWriterGuy
15 Jun 2016, 22:44
How exciting... how have you heard some?

Well, as some of you know, I've been in the extremely fortunate position to have worked on several aspects of the musical with Jim. I've been doing it - on the basis of 'whenever Jim asks me to' - for almost two years now.

nikox1
15 Jun 2016, 22:47
It's long overdue, great news!!

Danny L
15 Jun 2016, 23:13
Well, as some of you know, I've been in the extremely fortunate position to have worked on several aspects of the musical with Jim. I've been doing it - on the basis of 'whenever Jim asks me to' - for almost two years now.

There's so much I could ask you but your lips are probably sealed!!

ThatWriterGuy
15 Jun 2016, 23:18
There's so much I could ask you but your lips are probably sealed!!

You're damn right :!:

I'll speak a bit more about my involvement closer to the time, subject to Jim's approval. I'll leave you with this: BAT OUT OF HELL is NOT going to be 'just a typical musical'. It ISN'T We Will Rock You, that's for sure. It's both GENRE and FORMAT breaking. The script is tight, and they're doing things that have never been done in musical theater before. And beyond that -- you'll have to wait and see.

nikox1
15 Jun 2016, 23:50
Well I hope yourself and everybody involved the best of luck

Danny L
15 Jun 2016, 23:52
People will think BOOH is a jukebox musical when it's not - these songs were all written for this story from the word go.

I'm not sure if that will do damage or work to the show's advantage?

nikox1
15 Jun 2016, 23:59
The musical will be a success or a flop.
I don't see any middle grouned with this.
And I'm sure all involved feel the same, people will either get it or they won't. I guess just like the album all those years ago hey?? Lol,
Fingers crossed

Danny L
16 Jun 2016, 00:28
You're damn right :!:

I'll speak a bit more about my involvement closer to the time, subject to Jim's approval. I'll leave you with this: BAT OUT OF HELL is NOT going to be 'just a typical musical'. It ISN'T We Will Rock You, that's for sure. It's both GENRE and FORMAT breaking. The script is tight, and they're doing things that have never been done in musical theater before. And beyond that -- you'll have to wait and see.

I can't wait to see which songs make it and how they make up the story!

ThatWriterGuy
16 Jun 2016, 10:59
I can't wait to see which songs make it and how they make up the story!

Well, I can exclusively reveal that 'Bat Out of Hell' is 'in' ;)

rockfenris2005
16 Jun 2016, 11:41
It will in some form be Jim's Neverland project, which he's been developing since like 1974 or something, and even before that when it was "The Dream Engine", some of which will be heard in some form on Meat's new album. Jim thinks that Peter Pan is the ultimate basis for a rock and roll musical and for many years it's been in the worx either as a film or a theatre piece. I just hope he and everyone's OK with it though. It seems to be my thought at this point that people will want a "Bat" show and it'll get the interest either way, because hello "Bat out of Hell: The Musical" on the West End. I have always thought done right it was the big blockbuster musical that never was, on the basis of the first two albums, with a few other new songs from Bat 3 & What would be THE FINAL FLIGHT or Conclusions & Climaxes as it's been called. "THE FINAL FLIGHT" I think was a way of making "FINAL AT BAT" sound more formal?

I'm babbling on here, I'm sorry....... But I do believe that "Neverland", I'm sorry BOOH haha, will in SOME form be the realization of that concept. Now whether or not I personally am blown away by it, remains to be seen, but I would hope so, that I would at least be happy with it.

With Jim and that style of music, there's a lot of passion. And I think the REAL and WORST kind of failure with Jim is feeling INDIFFERENT.

Danny L
16 Jun 2016, 12:56
It will in some form be Jim's Neverland project, which he's been developing since like 1974 or something, and even before that when it was "The Dream Engine", some of which will be heard in some form on Meat's new album. Jim thinks that Peter Pan is the ultimate basis for a rock and roll musical and for many years it's been in the worx either as a film or a theatre piece. I just hope he and everyone's OK with it though. It seems to be my thought at this point that people will want a "Bat" show and it'll get the interest either way, because hello "Bat out of Hell: The Musical" on the West End. I have always thought done right it was the big blockbuster musical that never was, on the basis of the first two albums, with a few other new songs from Bat 3 & What would be THE FINAL FLIGHT or Conclusions & Climaxes as it's been called. "THE FINAL FLIGHT" I think was a way of making "FINAL AT BAT" sound more formal?

I'm babbling on here, I'm sorry....... But I do believe that "Neverland", I'm sorry BOOH haha, will in SOME form be the realization of that concept. Now whether or not I personally am blown away by it, remains to be seen, but I would hope so, that I would at least be happy with it.

With Jim and that style of music, there's a lot of passion. And I think the REAL and WORST kind of failure with Jim is feeling INDIFFERENT.

I truly hope to G*d this is a great success. I had assumed BTWA would have included the songs planned for BAT OUT OF HELL III: THE FINAL AT BAT or whatever it would have been called (What Part of My Body, Still The Children, Paradise Found etc) but it seems the team have taken a very different creative route. Not that I'm complaining as I know the album is still a revisitation into the extraordinary world.

No doubt BOOH:TM will have a soundtrack album at least, if not a concept album with the new songs on it. As much as I love Meat and the albums this show is the culmination of why they exist.

Bat Out of Hell is a strong enough brand to pull people in, it seems although the names have changed the 'Neverland' idea is still very much a part of it. Whixh is great considering this idea has been in the works for nearly half a century! (The Dream Engine was 1969 for Pete's sake!)

Also if it's opening late 2016 somewhere in the world have they left it a bit late to officially announce opening or is this normal? There's 6 months...

ThatWriterGuy
16 Jun 2016, 13:05
It will in some form be Jim's Neverland project

Correct!

Well, kinda...

Danny L
16 Jun 2016, 13:37
Tease... this is going to be different.

Is it just songs from the BAT albums or are new songs like What Part of My Body/Still THe Children in there?

Wario
16 Jun 2016, 13:47
Tease... this is going to be different.

Is it just songs from the BAT albums or are new songs like What Part of My Body/Still THe Children in there?

BODY better be in it

It's cause if this that its not on BTWA

Danny L
16 Jun 2016, 14:00
I wonder if they're using Jim's script or 'the other one' (hopefully the former)

ThatWriterGuy
16 Jun 2016, 14:25

You'll have to wait and see ... (but you won't be disappointed).

ThatWriterGuy
16 Jun 2016, 14:26
I wonder if they're using Jim's script or 'the other one' (hopefully the former)

Neither of these statements are 'quite' correct. But that's all I can give up at the minute.

Wario
16 Jun 2016, 14:54
Neither of these statements are 'quite' correct. But that's all I can give up at the minute.

I seriously doubt you know anything.

Jim is already being helped by a very good guy named The Doode.

Unless I'm missing something

ThatWriterGuy
16 Jun 2016, 14:59
I seriously doubt you know anything.

Jim is already being helped by a very good guy named The Doode.

Unless I'm missing something

:lol: how do I reply to this, exactly? Anyone? Anyone at all?
Sorry, but that REALLY did make me giggle, so points for that one, Chris.

The Doode/ThatWriterGuy/Whatever

Wario
16 Jun 2016, 15:02
:lol: how do I reply to this, exactly? Anyone? Anyone at all?
Sorry, but that REALLY did make me giggle, so points for that one, Chris.

The Doode/ThatWriterGuy/Whatever

HOLY CRAP ITS YOU. Well I make everyone go crazy with my outlandish opinions.

Glad you experienced my brashness

Totally gonna happen again tbh

ThatWriterGuy
16 Jun 2016, 15:11

Glad you experienced my brashness

Totally gonna happen again tbh

Never a problem Chris - honestly, it really did give me a grin today.
P.S. I'm going to ask Jim if/what/when I can post some more details about what I've been doing only. I'll let you know if/as/when/etc.

CarylB
16 Jun 2016, 15:13

I guess if you lived on and operated from the same planet as the rest of us, we wouldn't get some of the bizarre polls and thread titles we do :lol: Not that this would necessarily be a bad thing of course dear .. ;):lol:

stretch37
16 Jun 2016, 20:50
Well that was adorable

Wario
16 Jun 2016, 21:47
Well that was adorable

Sometimes I feel like a dumbass

stretch37
16 Jun 2016, 23:32
Sometimes I feel like a dumbass

That's ok, that makes two of us :P

Danny L
16 Jun 2016, 23:39
I'm just so excited right now by this and Braver Than We Are!

Danny L
19 Jun 2016, 21:14
From Rockman Record:

Coool news direct from Jim (on FB):

'Next spring, my musical BOOH debuts at the ROYAL OPERA HOUSE, COVENT GARDEN IN LONDON, where it belongs, with Wagner, Verdi, and Puccini!! I'm very grateful for that!!!!!!!! SEE IT--IF WE DON'T F--- UP, YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!!!!

Good. I love Covent Garden it's my favourite area of London! Now where can we buy tickets?!

Wario
19 Jun 2016, 21:45
Can someone screenshot the facebook post???

Wtf neither of the two pages have anything like this posted

And I am friends with both do not see any of this

anotherday
19 Jun 2016, 21:51
Can someone screenshot the facebook post??? Wtf neither of the two pages have anything like this posted And I am friends with both do not see any of this it's in comments not a post

Wario
19 Jun 2016, 21:58
it's in comments not a post

Ah I see

Gulenkov
19 Jun 2016, 22:37
Could anyone please post a link to Jim's post? I still can't find it. Thanks a lot.

proctorloaf
20 Jun 2016, 00:47
I've emailed the Royal Opera House. More info when I get it Ax

GenoJLaw
20 Jun 2016, 01:24
Is there or will there be a Twitter/Facebook page directly for the BOOH Musical? So people can get updates.

Wario
20 Jun 2016, 01:27
Is there or will there be a Twitter/Facebook page directly for the BOOH Musical? So people can get updates.

Jim likes his personal Facebook just fine I think

eltmatt
20 Jun 2016, 13:03
He's posted a lot in the comments, he called Bat 3 a damnable shitfest and questioned some edits of his songs.

Gulenkov
20 Jun 2016, 13:35
Don't like to be annoying, but please anyone: could you please post a screenshot/give a link to Jim's comments? I'm not a friend with his both pages on Facebook and I see no comments related to Braver Than We Are. Help sombody ;)

Danny L
20 Jun 2016, 13:47
My source was The Rockman Record - there are two 'Jim's' on Facebook, I've added them both and can't see the comment

samurai7
20 Jun 2016, 18:17
My source was The Rockman Record - there are two 'Jim's' on Facebook, I've added them both and can't see the comment

It's under a status asking about Barry's version of Read 'em & Weep ;)

Gulenkov
20 Jun 2016, 18:48
It's under a status asking about Barry's version of Read 'em & Weep ;)

The only thing about Read 'em And Weep on his Facebook is this https://www.facebook.com/jim.steinman1/posts/852783248124709?pnref=story but it's not what we are looking for :) I might seem dumb but as a non-Facebook user I'm quite lost there. Would be grateful for a link if it's possible.

Wario
20 Jun 2016, 20:08
The only thing about Read 'em And Weep on his Facebook is this https://www.facebook.com/jim.steinman1/posts/852783248124709?pnref=story but it's not what we are looking for :) I might seem dumb but as a non-Facebook user I'm quite lost there. Would be grateful for a link if it's possible.

Cannot view u less you add him

And please don't link to a facebook profile here. It's his personal favebook not a page thus his friends list is public with all of us in it.

Last time people I didn't know found my Facebook I was overtaken by requests for live recordings, b sides, rare stuff. Sometimes I hate the thing. Daily requests. Still get them.

Thank god for the other inbox. My PmS here always fill as well

You're not missing much

#facebookproblems

ThatWriterGuy
01 Jul 2016, 08:34
TICKETS are on SALE right NOW, folks. Initial run and premier is at the Manchester Opera House, before moving over to Covent Garden.

ashkent7
01 Jul 2016, 09:29
TICKETS are on SALE right NOW, folks. Initial run and premier is at the Manchester Opera House, before moving over to Covent Garden.

From what I can see the website is down and I don't see tickets coming up elsewhere.

Then again, I'm on a computer at work where their filters even block you going on ebay so it might just be me.

AndyK
01 Jul 2016, 09:48
Getting the same, via three different routes.

AndyK
01 Jul 2016, 10:19
Urls in the press stories are wrong...

Try www.batoutofhellmusical.com

ThatWriterGuy
01 Jul 2016, 11:03
Urls in the press stories are wrong...

Try www.batoutofhellmusical.com

Ah, you beat me to it.

GenoJLaw
01 Jul 2016, 11:11
Will this becoming to the US at all?:pray:

ThatWriterGuy
01 Jul 2016, 11:23
Will this becoming to the US at all?:pray:

YES!

Danny L
01 Jul 2016, 11:39
I've been waiting 12 years for this musical!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

ashkent7
01 Jul 2016, 11:52
That's my Dad's Christmas present sorted, and a day shopping in Manchester for my mam and wife. My life is complete and easy from here on in. :lol:

Danny L
01 Jul 2016, 13:58
oooh Dead Ringer's in there too!

eltmatt
01 Jul 2016, 13:59
:D Im going to go for my birthday in March!

Lee B
01 Jul 2016, 14:14
Tickets bought for 11th March. Super excited.:D

ashkent7
01 Jul 2016, 14:15
Apparently - although I haven't been able to get on to check (damn work security filter) - on Facebook, Jim has comment on his page that he is "not involved" in the London show. Not sure if he means in the whole thing or just the London presentation of it.

Danny L
01 Jul 2016, 14:26
http://www.uktw.co.uk/Tour/Musical/Bat-Out-of-Hell/T0566930504/

Playing London Coliseum in May

With this and Braver I CANNOT TELL YOU how much I am bursting with excitement right now!!

ThatWriterGuy
01 Jul 2016, 15:35
Apparently - although I haven't been able to get on to check (damn work security filter) - on Facebook, Jim has comment on his page that he is "not involved" in the London show. Not sure if he means in the whole thing or just the London presentation of it.

Nope, Jim is 100% INVOLVED (in EVERY aspect of EVERYTHING) in ALL BAT shows.

proctorloaf
01 Jul 2016, 16:08
Got my ticket for opening night and will go to London too! EXCITED!

So now we have Braver than we Are, Hero and BOOT the Musical to look forward to. How lucky are we?!

Danny L
01 Jul 2016, 16:17
Got my ticket for opening night and will go to London too! EXCITED!

So now we have Braver than we Are, Hero and BOOT the Musical to look forward to. How lucky are we?!

Hero?

samurai7
01 Jul 2016, 16:36
Hero?

Tyce Green/Pat Cerasaro thing

samurai7
01 Jul 2016, 16:37
I will be there on opening night in Manchester 👍🏻

ashkent7
01 Jul 2016, 16:50
Nope, Jim is 100% INVOLVED (in EVERY aspect of EVERYTHING) in ALL BAT shows.

Which is what I thought with this being Jim's baby. Just seen on Rockman, it was actually he was trying to say he was not involved in Manchester being the premier location over London (being down to promoters and availability) but then he deleted the comment accidentally while trying to edit it. He has some fun with facebook! :lol:

Danny L
01 Jul 2016, 18:01
I've had some fun watching my Grandma use facebook :)

Hoping to book with a bunch of mates for the Saturday, 18th Feb!

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
01 Jul 2016, 21:31
i was gona book for the first night as well but haveing been to every manchester gets it first shows like sister act ghost and 9 to 5 and my best mate used to work at the opera house manchester as well so i have it on good authority the first 2 performances friday and saturday are classed as previews then on the monday or a day during the 1st week they have a gala night thats what normally happens i have booked for the the first afternoon show as i need to think about transport getting home i cant wait

Danny L
01 Jul 2016, 22:48
i was gona book for the first night as well but haveing been to every manchester gets it first shows like sister act ghost and 9 to 5 and my best mate used to work at the opera house manchester as well so i have it on good authority the first 2 performances friday and saturday are classed as previews then on the monday or a day during the 1st week they have a gala night thats what normally happens i have booked for the the first afternoon show as i need to think about transport getting home i cant wait

I'm trying for the Saturday so not the first but the second :) still will be there towards the beginning fof the musical's EVER existance though :)

And I'll spend way to much on books/CDs in the merch store no doubt...

GenoJLaw
01 Jul 2016, 23:35
YES! YES! Can't wait.

Without getting myself too excited, Do we know when?

ThatWriterGuy
01 Jul 2016, 23:36
YES! Can't wait.

Without getting myself too excited, Do we know when?

'watch this space'!

GenoJLaw
01 Jul 2016, 23:49
'watch this space'!

Thanks

Wario
02 Jul 2016, 01:51
set list for the musical?

Bat Out Of Hell
Total eclispe of the heart
The Leader of the Pack / All Revved Up
Renegade
Objects in the Rear View Mirror
Hercules of Gods
What Part of My body hurts The most?
Dead Ringer For Love
Id do anything For love / its all coming back medley
Revved up (reprise)
Dance in my Pants

Taking on Jesus, Getting off God [the erotic ballad of the Lost Boy]
God has left the building
North by Northwest
Original Sin / Bad For Good
Skull of Out Country
Heaven Can Wait
Back into Hell / Braver than we Are (instrumental)
Two out of three aint bad
Paradise by the Dashboard Light
For Crying Out Loud
Out of the Frying pan (and into the Fire)
Light My fire (doors instrumental / bows)

Sebastian.
02 Jul 2016, 11:10
Will be there opening night, hopefully with the best company :).

ThatWriterGuy
02 Jul 2016, 11:40

Bat Out Of Hell
Renegade
Hercules of Gods
Dead Ringer For Love
Revved up (reprise)
Dance in my Pants

North by Northwest
Skull of Out Country
Heaven Can Wait
For Crying Out Loud

Amusing, but utterly wrong!! ... Except for the obvious. You got BAT right, though.

Danny L
02 Jul 2016, 12:16
Yea people forget this isn't a Meat Loaf show; I saw Steve Steinman's The Meat Loaf Story AND Vampires Rock; It's all Jimmy's vision, though confirmed on the website:

I’D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE (BUT I WON’T DO THAT)
YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH (HOT SUMMER NIGHT)
DEAD RINGER FOR LOVE - not expected but it is a favourite
IT’S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW
TWO OUT OF THREE AIN’T BAD
BAT OUT OF HELL

Some of over TWENTY songs so hurrah - plenty to look forward to, I hope this makes it:

PIG is used prominently in the live show during a "feverish"factory scene, where the oppressed workers (are there any other kind?) sing LIFE IS A LEMON and, high above them, the POWERS THAT BE sing "IN THE LAND OF THE PIG, THE BUTCHER IS KING.

Teased in Jim's blog back in 2006!! :O

This will be a bombastic, thrilling, rocking, dramatic perhaps even funny show. Waiting impatiently to get paid so I can buy tickets........

ThatWriterGuy
02 Jul 2016, 12:21
Yea people forget this isn't a Meat Loaf show; I saw Steve Steinman's The Meat Loaf Story AND Vampires Rock; It's all Jimmy's vision, though confirmed on the website:

Some of over TWENTY songs so hurrah - plenty to look forward to, I hope this makes it:

PIG is used prominently in the live show during a "feverish"factory scene, where the oppressed workers (are there any other kind?) sing LIFE IS A LEMON and, high above them, the POWERS THAT BE sing "IN THE LAND OF THE PIG, THE BUTCHER IS KING.

Teased in Jim's blog back in 2006!! :O

This will be a bombastic, thrilling, rocking, dramatic perhaps even funny show. Waiting impatiently to get paid so I can buy tickets........

The script has been rewritten many, many times since 2006 -- but that is an incredibly cool scene.

Danny L
02 Jul 2016, 13:25
I completely anticipate much greatness :D 2006 was a decade ago now jeez!!

lorenzoduke
02 Jul 2016, 13:33
I have to admit I was on the fence about seeing this. I'm a bit closed-minded when it comes to Jim Steinman songs. There are two people I'm happy to see singing them: Meat, and myself. ;)

That said, I'll be there for it. Manchester is close enough and it'll be fascinating at very least.

roomster
02 Jul 2016, 14:25

Bat Out Of Hell
Renegade
Hercules of Gods
Dead Ringer For Love
Revved up (reprise)
Dance in my Pants

North by Northwest
Skull of Out Country
Heaven Can Wait
For Crying Out Loud

I hope Wario are right about What Part of My body hurts The most...

Some small hints ThatWriterGuy? ;)

Evil One
02 Jul 2016, 14:45
No Took The Words? This set list is bollocks.

ThatWriterGuy
02 Jul 2016, 14:49

You'll gEt Squat out of me ;)

chansadres
02 Jul 2016, 15:41

I thought Meat couldn't use that song on the new album because it will be used in the musical. So yes ;)

Too bad I can't make it to the musical next year. My holidays are fully booked with the inlaws moving to another country. I read somewhere that the musical will do an european tour. So I hope they will perform it in Holland, Belgium or western Germany.

roomster
02 Jul 2016, 16:27
I read somewhere that the musical will do an european tour. So I hope they will perform it in Holland, Belgium or western Germany.

Someone who knows more about this?

Wario
02 Jul 2016, 17:14

meat even said he is most likely recording it for the cast album

Danny L
02 Jul 2016, 17:15
Meat also said he is hoping to take a role in the show!

I'd be very surprised if he isn't on the red carpet press night. Yes this is Jimmy's show but 'BAT OUT OF HELL' as a name is connected to Meat & Jim.

Booked for Sat 18th February 2017. 5 of us going!!

RadioMaster
02 Jul 2016, 17:58
I shall be there on opening night ... second row.

Danny L
02 Jul 2016, 19:02
I'm only at the second because it's a Saturday, that was voted for over Friday

ThatWriterGuy
02 Jul 2016, 19:15
Meat also said he is hoping to take a role in the show!

That's news to me - where did you hear that?

Danny L
02 Jul 2016, 19:37
Meat said on fb he loved Jim's script, nothing can beat it and he wants to be in it

CarylB
02 Jul 2016, 19:59
I think he said he WOULD like to be in it, because he genuinely loves the script .. but has also said he couldn't manage the demands of theatre productions now; so many shows a week would not give him the time he needs to rest his voice between performances.

proctorloaf
03 Jul 2016, 08:47
I think that producers would stay away from any melodies that have made it into Tanz so Objects and Total Eclipse are probably out in their full form. Although 'bright eyes' and lyrics from Objects probably will pop up. Loving the idea of a female performer leading Heaven Can Wait (Bette Midler's demo is beautiful)

I think that one of Jim's best melodies is Milady (or Fur Sarah in Tanz) such a shame that this won't feature.

Still trying to find a cast recording of Garbo the musical!

Meat recording 'Body' for the cast album would be the coup of the century! It might possibility be his last hit single a la 'hurt' by Jonny Cash.

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
03 Jul 2016, 14:33
who do we think would be cast in the show im hopping the amazing patti russo could be cast i would love to see her on stage in a theater production i was hoping she would be cast in the uk tour of we will rock you i am keeping my fingers crossed for her to be cast in this and also tony vincent too maybe lorraine crosby ?

ThatWriterGuy
03 Jul 2016, 14:35
I think that producers would stay away from any melodies that have made it into Tanz so Objects and Total Eclipse are probably out in their full form.

An interesting theory ... but completely wrong. Don't take that as confirmation, either way, though!

I'm thinking about asking Jim if I can make a series of posts and just talk a bit about what I've been doing and how involved I've been ... but I'm on the fence about it. I don't know -- does that sound like a good idea? There's every chance Jim might say 'no', or he'll want me to hold off until closer to the time, but in theory, if it happens, who would be interested?

Sebastian.
03 Jul 2016, 14:44
Anyone else up for getting on the Jager train afterwards?

rockfenris2005
03 Jul 2016, 15:15
I think if "Objects" IS in the show, then they should take exception, as that was Bat 2 first, and one of the singles too. It would be awkward for me to ignore that. Besides, I like the idea of having the two different versions. I wouldn't want to see "Total eclipse" though, as that wasn't a Bat track either. So why?

ThatWriterGuy
03 Jul 2016, 15:30
I think if "Objects" IS in the show, then they should take exception, as that was Bat 2 first, and one of the singles too. It would be awkward for me to ignore that. Besides, I like the idea of having the two different versions. I wouldn't want to see "Total eclipse" though, as that wasn't a Bat track either. So why?

Just because this is BAT OUT OF HELL: THE MUSICAL, it doesn't mean that those songs are exclusively LIMITED to BAT OUT OF HELL. Anything in Jim's oeuvre is on the cards. It's his musical, after all :cool:

Danny L
03 Jul 2016, 16:14
We know that new songs like Body are expected - I think a publicity thing somewhere confirms it. I admit I'm surprised Dead Ringer is in there - oit was a bonus track on bat 1 rereleases. I am please as it is a favourite of mine.

I could be completely wrong but I question if Objects and Paradise in particular fit this world? Are we getting all songs from Bat 1and2 with others? Anything from Braver, Bat 3 (well the website confirms It's All Coming Back To Me Now) No doubt there will be a few surprises from down the years.

People are already talking as if this is going to be Bat Out of Hell: The Album(s) live on stage with characters and scenes but this is going to be so much more by all accounts - like TWG said not just a jukebox show ala Mamma Mia or We Will Rock You. Songs have new arrangements and different characters, male, female etc will be singing them.

This is Jimmy's baby he has been working towards for HALF A CENTURY, his world, his vision finally coming to life. All those records with Meat Loaf, Bonnie Tyler, Fire Inc have been concept pieces to test these songs. Steve Steinman's Vampires Rock/THe ML Story does closer tho what people are expecting and they are good shows but this beast is a different species all together.

There are apparantly over 20 tracks and some may be shortened, we don't know - but this may be more like an opera with very little dialogue/scenes in between, judging by both confirmed venues.

TheWriterGuy, if you can speak without 'spoilers' I would LOVE to hear more about your involvement in the run up! Is there any word on recordings yet or is it a bit early?

ThatWriterGuy
03 Jul 2016, 16:29
Great post! And I think if enough people are interested, I'll talk with Jim and if he says it's okay, I'll start a thread and we can go from there.

renegadeangel
03 Jul 2016, 19:40
Great post! And I think if enough people are interested, I'll talk with Jim and if he says it's okay, I'll start a thread and we can go from there.

Jim should be interested. Hype needs to start and as much as his truly loyal fans will support him, the general public needs to feel the magic to want to see it.

rockfenris2005
03 Jul 2016, 19:42
Hype needs to start and as much as his truly loyal fans will support him, the general public needs to feel the magic to want to see it.

Take it from someone too who knows personally how much of a nightmare that can be.

ThatWriterGuy
03 Jul 2016, 19:43
Jim should be interested. Hype needs to start and as much as his truly loyal fans will support him, the general public needs to feel the magic to want to see it.

Patience. It's not like it's opening 'next week'.

Danny L
03 Jul 2016, 19:51
8 months.

Is this what being pregnant is like?! :shock: :-P

proctorloaf
03 Jul 2016, 19:58
Just because this is BAT OUT OF HELL: THE MUSICAL, it doesn't mean that those songs are exclusively LIMITED to BAT OUT OF HELL. Anything in Jim's oeuvre is on the cards. It's his musical, after all :cool:

ALL of Jim Steinman's songs are BAT songs. They are from the same world. They all fit into Neverland.

Danny L
03 Jul 2016, 20:09
ALL of Jim Steinman's songs are BAT songs. They are from the same world. They all fit into Neverland.

Exactly, it's his world.

ashkent7
03 Jul 2016, 21:41

I remember in a documentary - I'm sure it was one of the retrospective Bat ones but can't remember if it was Meat or Jim who said the line - it being said that everything Jim writes goes into Neverland. It's all parts of one story. The more i think,it was Meat who says it. But yes, i think to Jim everything he has done has in some way fit in with that story so any of his songs could turn up in one form or another.

If you listen to all of his work you can almost hear it as a musical because lyrically and musically there are so many connections between them - riffs, chord progressions. You can tell they were always meant to be part of one thing. I think the hardest part for Jim was deciding which to use. I can imagine Paradise would fit as it is as part of a flashback or a vision of the future. Objects quite easily could be a retrospective piece by a character reminiscing about their past.

Danny L
03 Jul 2016, 21:53
I remember in a documentary - I'm sure it was one of the retrospective Bat ones but can't remember if it was Meat or Jim who said the line - it being said that everything Jim writes goes into Neverland. It's all parts of one story. The more i think,it was Meat who says it. But yes, i think to Jim everything he has done has in some way fit in with that story so any of his songs could turn up in one form or another.

If you listen to all of his work you can almost hear it as a musical because lyrically and musically there are so many connections between them - riffs, chord progressions. You can tell they were always meant to be part of one thing. I think the hardest part for Jim was deciding which to use. I can imagine Paradise would fit as it is as part of a flashback or a vision of the future. Objects quite easily could be a retrospective piece by a character reminiscing about their past.

It was Meat in VH1 Storytellers. Jim wanted him to play Tink. And yes, musical and lyrical phrases have been reused by Jim many times over the years in various projects here, there and everywhere else in between! I for one love that continuity.

renegadeangel
03 Jul 2016, 22:52
Patience. It's not like it's opening 'next week'.

That is true but outside of a few small circles Jim is not very well known. The more it gets talked up the more people might become interested.

ThatWriterGuy
03 Jul 2016, 23:10
That is true but outside of a few small circles Jim is not very well known. The more it gets talked up the more people might become interested.

However, the songs and 'Bat Out Of Hell' are.

Having been in the industry since the 70s, written 18 number one hits, with a budget of over $25m and some of the smartest people in the business working on it and helping Jim out ... I don't think you need to worry about promo!

Danny L
03 Jul 2016, 23:30
Agreed there are just 3 news articles talking about it online! Although I guess more people will be interested in the London run?

Mor publicity needed, no doubt they will weave it in with Braver promo

ashkent7
04 Jul 2016, 11:23
[QUOTE=Danny L;614751]There are apparantly over 20 tracks and some may be shortened, we don't know - but this may be more like an opera with very little dialogue/scenes in between, judging by both confirmed venues.QUOTE]

If you go back to the Dream Engine and Neverland productions, it could also work like those where there are parts of the songs split - like the intro from Bat being separate from the words, the "On A Hot Summer Night" speech being interwoven with Heaven Can Wait rather than Took The Words. I know that is because these were the originals before they were reworked to become the album tracks we know, but knowing Jim then it would be entirely possible that he will have done the same here and completely reworked the songs, as we know there are new arrangements which could also mean who new versions - which for me would make the whole thing even better than the other musicals-based-on-one-set-of-songs, and considering it has already been said that this isn't like a Mamma Mia or We Will Rock You paint by numbers musical - then dismantled and reassembled songs is what I would expect.

Danny L
04 Jul 2016, 14:24
[QUOTE=Danny L;614751]There are apparantly over 20 tracks and some may be shortened, we don't know - but this may be more like an opera with very little dialogue/scenes in between, judging by both confirmed venues.QUOTE]

If you go back to the Dream Engine and Neverland productions, it could also work like those where there are parts of the songs split - like the intro from Bat being separate from the words, the "On A Hot Summer Night" speech being interwoven with Heaven Can Wait rather than Took The Words. I know that is because these were the originals before they were reworked to become the album tracks we know, but knowing Jim then it would be entirely possible that he will have done the same here and completely reworked the songs, as we know there are new arrangements which could also mean who new versions - which for me would make the whole thing even better than the other musicals-based-on-one-set-of-songs, and considering it has already been said that this isn't like a Mamma Mia or We Will Rock You paint by numbers musical - then dismantled and reassembled songs is what I would expect.

Oh the monogues! I expect them to be there

nightinr
04 Jul 2016, 21:22
Looking on the ticket sites it looks like ticket sales have been extremely poor so far.

I know its not for 8 months or so but I would have expected better.

Saying that £60 is a lot of money for people in the north west and I don't mean that in a patronising way.

Danny L
04 Jul 2016, 21:47
Looking on the ticket sites it looks like ticket sales have been extremely poor so far.

Saying that £60 is a lot of money for people in the north west and I don't mean that in a patronising way.

the first Saturday looks nearly sold out, other days less so.

A Lot more promo will help that and it is 8 months

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
04 Jul 2016, 22:01

to be honest with you my opinion is there should of been a big press launch about it as there was nothing about tickets being on sale or not even any big news about the show on the stage newspaper website i found it a bit of a shock and surprise when i saw it announced on facebook that they were on sale so soon and felt a bit that its gona be on that soon i had to go and get tickets before they sell out when i got thire thire was loads when ghost the musical premiered it was advertised all over manchester city center and the whole of the greater manchester on bus stops and buses they had a good marketing and had big build up about tickets going on sale there was facebook post doing a day countdown until tickets went onsale i was kind of hoping if bat out of hell became a musical it would be something more of a big build up for when tickets go on sale my personal view the theater could of done something for bat out of hell the musical

Danny L
04 Jul 2016, 22:07
There'll probably be a press launch when they have a cast? Again we're just over 8 months away so hopefully something will happen a bit later, I reckon around the time Braver Than We Are is released?

This is the WORLD PREMIERE and millions of dollars are being spent on this show.

nikox1
04 Jul 2016, 22:15
There'll probably be a press launch when they have a cast?

Yes I'd say so

Danny L
04 Jul 2016, 22:18
It seems weird - BroadwayWorld, Mancester Evening News and LondonTheatre.co.uk are the only Google News results. Not even The Stage!

Bit worrying or not at this stage? look how Dance of the Vampires was P155ed on in New York.

proctorloaf
04 Jul 2016, 23:27
calm down Danny. This is a soft launch. Manchester is like an off broadway try out where they'll test the show and make sure that all is good. Then the major press will happen in London.

The press is just to say that tickets are on sale. ATG (who run the Opera House in Manchester) are the biggest theatre company in Europe. They aren't going to let the show down with publicity. Although they might be a bit too commercial for Steinman. Time will tell.

Danny L
05 Jul 2016, 00:08
calm down Danny. This is a soft launch. Manchester is like an off broadway try out where they'll test the show and make sure that all is good. Then the major press will happen in London.

The press is just to say that tickets are on sale. ATG (who run the Opera House in Manchester) are the biggest theatre company in Europe. They aren't going to let the show down with publicity. Although they might be a bit too commercial for Steinman. Time will tell.

We shall see and yes I went ott. :lol: It will be interesting to go to Mancs then go to another performance/watch/hear recordings and see what if anything has changed; nevertheless it is exciting to see the very beginning of the journey - the great thing about musicals is if they're succesful they become 'legacy pieces - Queen's music will be performed over and over around the world probably forever as part of We Will Rock You, for example. It was WWRY which made me go buy Queen CDs!

That happens a lot on Broadway - Spamalot had a couple of months in Chicago and Disney have opened shows in Seattle. Things change - Spamalot had a sequence and lovely little song (by Eric Idle's standards anyway!!) 'We have found a witch, may we burn her?' 'She turned me into a newt... I got better' etc (if you know the film). but they decided it was inappropiate to burn a young woman as a witch on stage every night. Apparantly. So if a similar thing happens with BAT Manchester audiences may get to see 'deleted scenes!!'

ashkent7
05 Jul 2016, 00:13

I think as well, you rarely get massive releases (no pun intended) so far ahead when they haven't got anything to promote other than the fact it is by Jim and called Bat Out Of Hell The Musical. If you go back to when some of the biggest musicals out there were first released, it was the few months leading up to the premier when you started to see adverts appearing. Coming attractions are usually only advertised in theatre magazines by the season or quarter (other then well established shows and Pantomimes which are advertised like a year before), so this will fall into the Winter/Spring coming attractions which won't get a massive amount of attention until Autumn.

I know when Rocky Horror was on tour recently most of the tickets were sold in the month leading up to the performance, and a lot of them ended up sold out.

I would expect there to be a steady stream of ticket sales here and there for the next few months and then it will start to book once they have a cast, more information on the website and such as that.

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
05 Jul 2016, 02:41
i would be willing to distribute some flyers to promote the show around the area were i live in greater manchester as a fan of anything steinman and meat loaf i really want this to be a success for jim and all involved in this exciting new musical venture :) i would do anything for love and i love bat out of hell and musical theater :)

K1ttycat
05 Jul 2016, 10:38
Does anyone know if there is a minimum age restriction for the show? My daughter will be 13.5 years old by next Feb. I'm inclined to just book for the three of us and "risk" it. I called the Palace Theatre and they don't have any info on age or running times etc. yet.

AndrewG
05 Jul 2016, 10:48
Does anyone know if there is a minimum age restriction for the show? My daughter will be 13.5 years old by next Feb. I'm inclined to just book for the three of us and "risk" it. I called the Palace Theatre and they don't have any info on age or running times etc. yet.

Usually it's only 5 or 6 for most West End shows here in the UK and need their own seat obviously. 13.5 yrs I doubt would be a problem, even when considering's Steinman's often weird sexual innuendo lyrics.

K1ttycat
05 Jul 2016, 10:54
I'm hoping it wouldn't be anything too embarrassing for her or anything where we will be sitting thinking "oh no, what have we done?!" LOL We were going to get her a ticket to see American Idiot with us and didn't and it was good that we didn't as it ended up having an age 14 restriction (lots of drug use etc). That's why I'm wondering about this.

ThatWriterGuy
05 Jul 2016, 11:33
I'm hoping it wouldn't be anything too embarrassing for her or anything where we will be sitting thinking "oh no, what have we done?!" LOL We were going to get her a ticket to see American Idiot with us and didn't and it was good that we didn't as it ended up having an age 14 restriction (lots of drug use etc). That's why I'm wondering about this.

Without giving anything away - there may some 'adult content' in the script - I'll try and verify for you RE any age restrictions.

Danny L
05 Jul 2016, 11:42
i would be willing to distribute some flyers to promote the show around the area were i live in greater manchester as a fan of anything steinman and meat loaf i really want this to be a success for jim and all involved in this exciting new musical venture :) i would do anything for love and i love bat out of hell and musical theater :)

I think it will be well publicised down the line as people have said - its way early yet despire they're selling tickets, we'll see hear and more like interviews/bus ads/posters/flyers/YouTube etc when they have a cast, which should be very soon.

And sentences ;)

K1ttycat
05 Jul 2016, 11:49
Without giving anything away - there may some 'adult content' in the script - I'll try and verify for you RE any age restrictions.

Thanks so much! Hoping to book today - as there's some particular seats that I have my eyes on!!! :)

ashkent7
05 Jul 2016, 12:00

I could never imagine any kind of adult content in Jim's songs. Do people think his songs are full of car sex, bursting pants, violent motorbike crash...oh hang on a minute!! I remember everything!!!!! :shock:

Seriously though, I was about 14/15 or something before I actually realised what was going on in the last two minutes of Bat and the middle section of Paradise! :lol:

ThatWriterGuy
05 Jul 2016, 14:16
Thanks so much! Hoping to book today - as there's some particular seats that I have my eyes on!!! :)

Have PM'd you!

Danny L
05 Jul 2016, 14:22
I could never imagine any kind of adult content in Jim's songs. Do people think his songs are full of car sex, bursting pants, violent motorbike crash...oh hang on a minute!! I remember everything!!!!! :shock:

Seriously though, I was about 14/15 or something before I actually realised what was going on in the last two minutes of Bat and the middle section of Paradise! :lol:

Same here! I didn't know what to make of Paradise when I first heard it!

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
05 Jul 2016, 15:11
i wonder what the lighting will be like in this i expect thirs lots of led moving heads involved i hope thirs not a lot of strobes cause i have epilepsy i saw american idiot on its first uk tour direct from broadway and every song had strobes all the way threw lucky i was ok but me and my mate came out with banging headaches

also i have noticed on the website for atg wth are doing the manchester bookings they are a bit optimistic being a 2 hour musical it jim stineman more like 4 hours lol :D

K1ttycat
05 Jul 2016, 15:29
i wonder what the lighting will be like in this i expect thirs lots of led moving heads involved i hope thirs not a lot of strobes cause i have epilepsy i saw american idiot on its first uk tour direct from broadway and every song had strobes all the way threw lucky i was ok but me and my mate came out with banging headaches

also i have noticed on the website for atg wth are doing the manchester bookings they are a bit optimistic being a 2 hour musical it jim stineman more like 4 hours lol :D

I don't like strobes either as I can get really bad migraines as a result. Whenever there is strobes I tend to close my eyes very tightly and put my head down towards my lap!

Anyhow, booked my tickets now - very, very excited!!!! :)

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
07 Jul 2016, 04:08
just been looking at the sales for the musical and something has got me wondering tuesday 7th march has nearly sold out only the gallery seats left and same for the tuesday 14th march seems a bit odd those date are sold out quite quickly i wouldn't have thought tuesdays would be popular nighs to sell first and its not been on sale nearly a week and all other dates have plenty availability im wondering if they are comps tickets for the gala night and for vips in the industry ? https://secure.atgtickets.com/Online/default.asp?sToken=1%2C5532dac8%2C577db395%2CDC8DBFA9-47C0-40F1-B6FE-B86795E685E8%2CNZBtXxBMbaZGD5lhs2b11U4UBtU%3D&BOset::WScontent::SearchResultsInfo::current_page=1&doWork::WScontent::getPage=&BOparam::WScontent::getPage::article_id=EE8716B4-0827-4B0D-9ACB-038A148DF966

Danny L
07 Jul 2016, 12:22
It would make sense that two weeks in they have gala night/world premiere/press night whatever you want to call it with the red carpet.

It's weird how the first few night of a theatre show isn't officially the premiere - the first few weeks are 'previews', yes they need to fine tune and settle the cast in to their roles but I've never got that :P

ashkent7
08 Jul 2016, 22:30
Wow...tickets arrived today. Quickest dispatch I've ever had.

It's a shame that you never get commemorative tickets in the UK these days.

Sebastian.
08 Jul 2016, 22:49

Indeed! Very jealous of the rest of the World's River Tour tickets.

Danny L
08 Jul 2016, 22:49

Mine arrived yesterday. Prized possessions. 8 FLIPPIN months to go. Even know where we're staying!!

renegadeangel
09 Jul 2016, 15:44
I'm more curious if Meat will be in the opening night performance

Danny L
09 Jul 2016, 15:58
I'm more curious if Meat will be in the opening night performance

He might be on the red carpet if he feels he can't play a part? He's touring over here around January, I'd love to see him in it. Theatre requires 8 shows a week and Meat needs lots of breaks, which could be an issue - that being said it would be delightful to see him up there.

Opening night is actually not opening night, usually the gala performance with press and celebs is two weeks in.

ashkent7
09 Jul 2016, 20:42
Mine arrived yesterday. Prized possessions. 8 FLIPPIN months to go. Even know where we're staying!!

But hopefully only about 6 until we hear news on a cast album/clips etc :D

Danny L
09 Jul 2016, 21:51
6? You expecting something? Ah yes, during rehearsals they'll no doubt make a trailer and post videos/pix on social media.

Casting is underway judging by the poster on page 1 so there will be announcements there literally any day now - they will use the actors to promote especially if they're 'famous' (hopefully not random reality TV stunt casting *shudders* sure Jim would love that)

Plus Meat is very likely to mention the show on his promo for BTWA.

Evil One
09 Jul 2016, 22:04
With Meat playing here in January, some cross promotion would seem a good idea. Jim joining Meat on stage for some of his concerts perhaps?

proctorloaf
09 Jul 2016, 23:51
I doubt that there will be a cast album before the London run.

Danny L
15 Jul 2016, 19:12
Who's involved so far?

There were a bunch of actors at a workshop November 2015 but it is highly unlikely they will be in the actual show.

Written by JIM STEINMAN (who else!?)
Directed by JAY SCHRIEB
Produced by TODD RUNDGREN (also 'choirmaster', I can't wait to hear his new vocal arrangements!), ELVA CORRIE, MICHAEL COHL and DAVID SONENBERG
Website by DEWYNTERS
Promotion by AMBASSADOR THEATRE GROUP

Anyone else known? I read Kasim Sulton was onboard and Rinkoff is a cert.

Apparantly Manchester is the first in a series of international engagements including London, Broadway and Toronto.

As for a cast album, Dance didn't get one as it flopped so bad! We Will Rock You was a llivr recording but most are done In the studio. If the arrangements are all new surely they'll be one!

ashkent7
15 Jul 2016, 20:30
Who's involved so far?

There were a bunch of actors at a workshop November 2015 but it is highly unlikely they will be in the actual show.

Written by JIM STEINMAN (who else!?)
Directed by JAY SCHRIEB
Produced by TODD RUNDGREN (also 'choirmaster', I can't wait to hear his new vocal arrangements!), ELVA CORRIE, MICHAEL COHL and DAVID SONENBERG
Website by DEWYNTERS
Promotion by AMBASSADOR THEATRE GROUP

Anyone else known? I read Kasim Sulton was onboard and Rinkoff is a cert.

Apparantly Manchester is the first in a series of international engagements including London, Broadway and Toronto.

As for a cast album, Dance didn't get one as it flopped so bad! We Will Rock You was a llivr recording but most are done In the studio. If the arrangements are all new surely they'll be one!

I think there must have been talk of a cast album when Meat mentioned possibly doing Body for it.

The album accompanying Whistle Down the Wind was released about 4 months after the show premiered. For Lloyd Webber's Love Never Dies, they were released simultaneously. So anything is possible....once they have the cast in place they could easily record the album to promote the show or to sell at the venue with programmes depending on whether they have a cast recording or other artists.

And i know there is always a chance of this going the same way as DOTV, but there are two big differences for me. Tanz did and is still doing very well and it was Jim's baby. This is Jim's baby - as we know he wrote the book as well as music and lyrics - which is a big difference to DOTV. The other massive difference is this is called BAT OUT OF HELL THE MUSICAL. DOTV might as well have been a brand new startup show in comparison to what the name brings to this. So hopefully it will do just fine.

proctorloaf
15 Jul 2016, 20:42
Tanz der vampire is one of the most successful musicals of all time and has run for over 10 years in Europe. It also had an amazing run in Japan. It's got multiple cast albums from Germany, Austria, Japan etc. What the broadway producers did to the show is criminal.

They are unlikely to record a cast album for Bat out of Hell the musical before the show has been tried out.

Manchester is like what an off broadway opening would be in the US. It's like it opening in Chicago, having a try out and then going to Broadway. The musical will still be developing in Manchester. So a cast album for that run is very unlikely IMO. (I work in theatre in the UK)

Danny L
16 Jul 2016, 01:25
By the sounds of things it's Manchester test bed then a tour starting in London. I hope that doesn't mean Mancs will be a rough as hell prodution/crap haha!! I saw last year's production of Beautiful Thing in a 'dress rehearsal' (with invited guests) then a few months later the final production (three times, my work did a Q&A afterwards on LGBT issues as it's a popular gay romcom) and you could see how the cast had evolved into it even though it was the precise same script.

Jim must be thinking of what a recording would sound like given his experience, and what he'd want it to sound like. Surely him and Meat have discussed it in great detail? If the show is a great success, Jim's last masterpiece, they'll want it recorded (would a visual recording do harm to ticket sales?)

In fact on his blog 10 years ago Jim said how he wanted to sell Bat Out of Hell, the 'lost songs' meant for Bat 3, new recordings and A Capella stuff arranged by Rundgren. Obviously thse are desires of an artist, it's up to record labels and producers to cough up make it happen.

AS for Tanz, I truly hope DOTV hasn't killed any chance for a faithful English production. Outside of his work with Meat (and to some degree Bonnie) TdV is Steinman's most prominent body of work, some amazing melodies.

Danny L
16 Jul 2016, 14:16
Updated crew list from Scaramouche at Rockman Record, from what they've read and the workshop:

Producers: Michael Cohl, Elva Corrie and David Sonnenberg
Book, Music, Lyrics: Jim Steinman
Director: Jay Scheib
Artistic Consultants (?): Barry Keating & Steven Rinkoff (both in photos at workshop)
Orchestrations: Steve Margoshes (as always)
Musical Supervision/Arrangements: Michael Reed
Music Director: Kasim Sulton
Vocal Arrangements: Todd Rundgren
Staging/Set Design: Steven Kaplan

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
14 Aug 2016, 02:52
any more news do we know when will the casting be revealed and will there be a press launch with real life album cover with a motorbike a bat and a tombstone outside the opera house theater ? maybe meat loaf could lend them bob the bat to put on the canopy of the theater for the press night hehehe

Danny L
14 Aug 2016, 13:17
any more news do we know when will the casting be revealed and will there be a press launch with real life album cover with a motorbike a bat and a tombstone outside the opera house theater ? maybe meat loaf could lend them bob the bat to put on the canopy of the theater for the press night hehehe

I asked one of the production assistants on Twitter an he said wait a littole longer - they begin rehearsal December so its' just a little longer to wait.

This is the first production in the world, a tryout I believe before London, so they won't want major promo before London, tickets have sold OK now and there will be more promo as we go towards opening, which is little over 6 months away.

This is a big multi-million dollar show. Todd Rundgren & Kasim Sulton are involved. This is not going to pass by without notice!

As for the Bat - I'd be surprised if it's not a big mythical creature in the show, it's called Bat Out of Hell and it's on the poster.

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
16 Aug 2016, 00:36
I asked one of the production assistants on Twitter an he said wait a littole longer - they begin rehearsal December so its' just a little longer to wait.

This is the first production in the world, a tryout I believe before London, so they won't want major promo before London, tickets have sold OK now and there will be more promo as we go towards opening, which is little over 6 months away.

This is a big multi-million dollar show. Todd Rundgren & Kasim Sulton are involved. This is not going to pass by without notice!

As for the Bat - I'd be surprised if it's not a big mythical creature in the show, it's called Bat Out of Hell and it's on the poster.

really! they begin rehearsal December and it opens in february not long to the opening night in feb a bit ambitious when chitty chitty bang bang was first opening it had 6 months before it opened to previews knowing they are starting rehearsals in december thats not long enough for a musical to be ready in time from experience i am worried as an audience member now they aren't gona be ready for the opening in feb

ThatWriterGuy
16 Aug 2016, 00:43
i am worried as an audience member now they aren't gona be ready for the opening in feb

Don't be.

Danny L
16 Aug 2016, 01:03
You'd be surprised! A lot of big shows have 6-8 weeks rehearsal before previews.

Anyway as of Wednesday there are just 6 months to go! It's already going fast .Opening night we reckon is in March while Feb is 'previews' (is there a difference?! When a show is on its on)

I reckon by mid-October we'll know the cast.

proctorloaf
16 Aug 2016, 01:23
really! they begin rehearsal December and it opens in february not long to the opening night in feb a bit ambitious when chitty chitty bang bang was first opening it had 6 months before it opened to previews knowing they are starting rehearsals in december thats not long enough for a musical to be ready in time from experience i am worried as an audience member now they aren't gona be ready for the opening in feb

Blood Brothers rehearses in 4 days. Most musicals get 3 weeks rehearsal. Chitty took so long because the car didn't work.

Danny L
16 Aug 2016, 01:33
Actors have to learn stuff quickly - look at soaps EastEnders films about 12 scenes a day.

Danny L
17 Aug 2016, 12:58
6 months til opening !! :D it's actually going quick... ;)

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
26 Sep 2016, 12:36
looks like its confirmed as a tour they are looking for staff http://batoutofhellmusical.com/recruitment/

ashkent7
26 Sep 2016, 12:43
looks like its confirmed as a tour they are looking for staff http://batoutofhellmusical.com/recruitment/

I read it to be looking for people for the Manchester and London shows with a potential that they may possibly be asked to continue on when it heads further afield to the US and such.

Danny L
26 Sep 2016, 16:51
Despite the fact I've never worked professionally in theatre I had the audacity to send them my CV lol!

ashkent7
26 Sep 2016, 17:13
Despite the fact I've never worked professionally in theatre I had the audacity to send them my CV lol!

To be fair, I've done things in lighting, camera, scenery, props, scripting but not professionally in theatre and the only thing that stopped me putting one in was family ties and such or otherwise I would have done exactly the same :lol:

letsgotoofar
27 Sep 2016, 05:20
AS for Tanz, I truly hope DOTV hasn't killed any chance for a faithful English production. Outside of his work with Meat (and to some degree Bonnie) TdV is Steinman's most prominent body of work, some amazing melodies.

Not to drag this off-topic, but on this particular point I can offer personal insight not unlike TWG's on Bat: that's more or less exactly the situation as it currently stands. The influence of Broadway is stronger on the West End, in particular, than on continental Europe, which is why Tanz's success throughout Europe has continued unabated but it has never touched London. (And not for lack of trying; some West End luminaries were invited to see the recent Paris production and turned the show down flat.)

proctorloaf
27 Sep 2016, 09:25
The reason why DOTV hasn't touched London is that
1. Vampires in fashion fad is over
2. no-one came up with any decent english lyrics

I love the show, I saw it in Vienna, Berlin and Paris - my favourite musical. We don't need an English version - its the only reason you need to learn German.

Danny L
27 Sep 2016, 12:12
It's online with english subs - the English demos is one of my favourite things Steinman ever did

ashkent7
27 Sep 2016, 14:24
It's online with english subs - the English demos is one of my favourite things Steinman ever did

I do like the English versions with Steve (Barton), but for me the orchestral arrangements of the music takes over the lyrics anyway. The music of Tanzaal is one of the best pieces ever put in front of a theatre audience in my opinion.

rockfenris2005
27 Sep 2016, 17:59
I would love to see it no matter what the language, but unfortunately I don't think that's really going to happen around here. Most people would want to see it in English? I'm always in awe of "BRAVER THAN WE ARE" from this musical and so glad that Meat/Ellen/Karla did it and that it got "out there" on CD. The tune for the chorus, and I've said this before, just breaks my heart. It's so awesome.

eltmatt
04 Oct 2016, 11:46
So weird, i've just posted a topic asking how I can get hold of the english demos of DOTV, tbh I'd like the german cast recording in full too :D

Danny L
04 Oct 2016, 13:05
So weird, i've just posted a topic asking how I can get hold of the english demos of DOTV, tbh I'd like the german cast recording in full too :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tanz-Vampire-Vienna-Cast/dp/B0000243VE/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1475578868&sr=1-2&keywords=tanz+der+vampire

this is the definitive full German cast recording, nothing official was released in English apart from demos which are here:

http://www.carpe-jugulum.com/mm/english/index.html

letsgotoofar
08 Oct 2016, 02:11
Back on topic: here's the new logo for the next generation of Bat!

http://batoutofhellmusical.com/img/backgrounds/main-mob.jpg

Danny L
08 Oct 2016, 02:21
Where did you get that image? Saw the site pretty cool, I think it's good they changed it. The logos more modern and the show has to stand on its own two feet and be it's own beast, not just be a spin off from the albums.

llooking good! Now who's bloody in it, they're meant to rehearse month after next. A halloween reveal would be rather fitting?

eltmatt
08 Oct 2016, 12:05
wow awesome logo!

Danny L
09 Oct 2016, 14:52
It's now my wallpaper on computer and iPad and phone :)

nightinr
09 Oct 2016, 15:10
When do you think the promo will start for Manchester? Ticket sales don't look great at the moment.

Danny L
09 Oct 2016, 18:03
When do you think the promo will start for Manchester? Ticket sales don't look great at the moment.

I'ts a bit early? When they have a cast they'll be able to hype it (Halloween announcement would suit) then I reckon billboards and posters will be going up around Manchester December?

They're my predictions - anything we get about the show has been coming in dribs and drabs

ashkent7
09 Oct 2016, 21:44
For the early time it is i think the sales have been decent. I was just having a flick through a few random dates a couple of nights ago and there are a fair few large chunks of sold seats in the stalls and circle. Gallery...I've seen more big shows by booking cheap reduced gallery tickets on the day so I'm not really counting those - but the rest don't seem bad. As has been said, once the promo starts it will boost it again.

CarylB
09 Oct 2016, 23:29
End of October I reckon

Danny L
10 Oct 2016, 00:38
End of October I reckon

HALLOWEEN would fit the bill perfectly. And it's a Monday if that's relevant

wizardofodd
13 Oct 2016, 11:47
Got my tickets today for the London run of the show- via ticketmaster presale. Very excited for the show in June- should be fantastic-

P.s - on the days I checked tickets seemed to be doing well considering it was an early presale.

roomster
13 Oct 2016, 11:56
Where are the best seats located at the London Coliseum? Stalls, Dress circle?

roomster
13 Oct 2016, 12:34
Where are the best seats located at the London Coliseum? Stalls, Dress circle?

What about first row, dead center, on dress circle?

Danny L
13 Oct 2016, 14:58
Got my tickets today for the London run of the show- via ticketmaster presale. Very excited for the show in June- should be fantastic-

P.s - on the days I checked tickets seemed to be doing well considering it was an early presale.

The London tickets seem to be selling a considerable lot better than Manchester, even now!

If I enjoy Mancs I will consider buying a cheap ticket for London towards the end of the run, before it goes abroad.

wizardofodd
13 Oct 2016, 14:58
Dress is regarding as the best, I prefer the stalls personally- good thing with the coliseum is it has a good slant in the stalls so you should get a good view either way.

Toxic34
13 Oct 2016, 18:11
I have no idea of what the track order will be besides the ones already posted on the website. However, if it was up to me, the track order would be 25 songs. This is just a general list, and not yet taking into account narrative cohesion. Maybe you all can help me with that.

Who Needs The Young
Dead Ringer For Love
What Part Of My Body Hurts The Most
You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth
Paradise By The Dashboard Light
Only When I Feel (full, with If It Ain't Broke, Break It)
Original Sin
Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are
Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
Speaking In Tongues
Read 'Em And Weep
Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back
I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
It's All Coming Back To Me Now
Total Eclipse Of The Heart
Loving You's A Dirty Job (But Somebody's Gotta Do It)
It Just Won't Quit
In The Land Of The Pig, The Butcher Is King
More
The Future Ain't What It Used To Be
Seize The Night
Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Dance In My Pants
Bad For Good
Bat Out Of Hell
Lost Boys And Golden Girls
For Crying Out Loud

Danny L
13 Oct 2016, 18:35
I have no idea of what the track order will be besides the ones already posted on the website. However, if it was up to me, the track order would be 25 songs. This is just a general list, and not yet taking into account narrative cohesion. Maybe you all can help me with that.

Who Needs The Young
Dead Ringer For Love
What Part Of My Body Hurts The Most
You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth
Paradise By The Dashboard Light
Only When I Feel (full, with If It Ain't Broke, Break It)
Original Sin
Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are
Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
Speaking In Tongues
Read 'Em And Weep
Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back
I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
It's All Coming Back To Me Now
Total Eclipse Of The Heart
Loving You's A Dirty Job (But Somebody's Gotta Do It)
It Just Won't Quit
In The Land Of The Pig, The Butcher Is King
More
The Future Ain't What It Used To Be
Seize The Night
Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Dance In My Pants
Bad For Good
Bat Out Of Hell
Lost Boys And Golden Girls
For Crying Out Loud

Cool tracklist but I feel, in an exciting way, in many ways this show will be very different to what any of us are expecting 'All new arrangements' plus it depends on the story. On top of that three new songs (What Part of my Body? Still the Children? Not Allowed to Love?)

I've seen The Meat Loaf Story and Vampires Rock which kept the songs as we know them, but Jim's been working on this forever, we don't know what he's rewritten.

letsgotoofar
13 Oct 2016, 22:01
I can say that Seize The Night, Original Sin, Total Eclipse Of The Heart, and Objects probably (at least in the case of Objects; definitely, in the case of the other three) won't happen, considering all of them (in one form or another) are already in Jim's big vampire musical discussed elsewhere on this thread.

Danny L
14 Oct 2016, 00:03
I agree, Going All The Way also comes from Vampires.

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
14 Oct 2016, 04:43
in terms of best seats i have never been to the london venue but if i see any rock or rock themed show in a theater i always go for anywhere upstairs because if your sat in the stalls you don't get to see the lighting and effects of how the piece of theater is supposed to be or how the creator or director intended it to be as when your creating theater you don't think about how it looks just from the stalls you have to see the piece from all areas from the theater to get it right and most of time most of the audience will be upstairs
thats what i always bear in mind when booking tickets for the theater its not about being as close up to the action its about sitting in a seat were the director would sit to see it

Monstro
14 Oct 2016, 10:18
Tickets booked, can't miss the opening night and it's my birthday so treated myself lol

My opinion is go for the dress circle, best seats in the house, you miss stuff in the stalls.

ThatWriterGuy
14 Oct 2016, 10:53
I can say that Seize The Night, Original Sin, Total Eclipse Of The Heart, and Objects probably (at least in the case of Objects; definitely, in the case of the other three) won't happen, considering all of them (in one form or another) are already in Jim's big vampire musical discussed elsewhere on this thread.

A nice theory ... but wrong all the same ;)

Danny L
14 Oct 2016, 12:03
Expect the unexpected - this has been Jim's vision for half a century so anything he's written happened with this idea in the back of his mind

Feleena
14 Oct 2016, 15:36
Tickets booked here my daughter Emmas Christmas gift to me and mine to her lol. Looking forward to it!

letsgotoofar
14 Oct 2016, 19:25
A nice theory ... but wrong all the same ;)

Then he's an idiot, and you can tell him I said so. No love lost between me and him anyway. :-P "Objects" especially doesn't need to be there when he has similar numbers like "Graveyard Shift" to pillage.

ThatWriterGuy
14 Oct 2016, 19:56
Then he's an idiot, and you can tell him I said so. No love lost between me and him anyway. :-P "Objects" especially doesn't need to be there when he has similar numbers like "Graveyard Shift" to pillage.

Ha! You want me to tell Jim that you called him an 'idiot' for using his own songs in his own musical?

Somehow, I can't see that happening.

Danny L
14 Oct 2016, 21:49
I'm looking forward to seeing what's been used and why (why of course meaning the context in the story). I guess we can expect obscure material and stuff we didn't expect

Monstro
15 Oct 2016, 01:53
Tickets booked here my daughter Emmas Christmas gift to me and mine to her lol. Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to seeing your choice of socks!!!!

rockfenris2005
15 Oct 2016, 08:09
If we're talking about songs we'd love to hear, not ones that Jim himself has chosen, I'd like:

Bat out of Hell (now surely that has to be there lol)
You took the words right out of my mouth
Heaven can wait
All revved up with no place to go
Two out of three ain't bad
Paradise by the dashboard light
For crying out loud (Really, the whole first album)
Dead ringer for love (and it IS a bonus on half the releases anyway.)
I'd do anything for love (But I won't do that)
Life is a lemon and I want my money back
Rock and roll dreams come through
Objects in the rear view mirror (despite TANZ) (Bat 2 is very difficult, I'd want the whole album but... it'd turn into Wagner's Ring Cycle)
It's all coming back to me now
Who needs the young?
What part of my body hurts the most?
We're still the children we once were

I would also like to hear Angels arise somewhere. And why can't Sarah Brightman record that?

Danny L
15 Oct 2016, 12:24
Bat out of Hell (now surely that has to be there lol)
You took the words right out of my mouth
Two out of three ain't bad
Paradise by the dashboard light
Dead ringer for love (and it IS a bonus on half the releases anyway.)
I'd do anything for love (But I won't do that)
It's all coming back to me now

I would also like to hear Angels arise somewhere. And why can't Sarah Brightman record that?

These tracks are confirmed, they are on the site and Paradise was leaked in a news item. I'm just hoping Jim will be allowed to present the show as he wants and not get his arm twisted by producers into do doing something he doesn't want.

Weren't they married? That could be a bit awkward ;) oh sorry, no wait that's the other guy :-P Brightman would be perfect

Guy
15 Oct 2016, 12:40
Whoever is in Row B seat 14 and 16 shall have the pleasure of my company for the whole performance.
You lucky people

Feleena
16 Oct 2016, 13:26
Yes must make sure they are special socks for that day! Look forward to seeing you there

Monstro
16 Oct 2016, 16:45
Whoever is in Row B seat 14 and 16 shall have the pleasure of my company for the whole performance.
You lucky people

Seats 14, 15 & 16 in row B............2 outta 3 aint bad

Sebastian.
16 Oct 2016, 19:46
Is this for Manchester? Im in 17 Gez will be 18...

Danny L
16 Oct 2016, 20:04
18 Feb Manchester row X with ma 4 besties

Guy
16 Oct 2016, 20:47
Seats 14, 15 & 16 in row B............2 outta 3 aint bad
I am in seat 15????

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
17 Oct 2016, 17:58
i asked the manchester opera house when they are gona do some promo this is what they said

Hi Martin, later this year we should expect some promotional material - November might be a good bet for this. It is featured in our season brochure which is out now

i am also sharing every artical and post about the show on my facebook i have changed my fb cover to the show artwork to advertise the show i so want this to be a success for jim he deserves it after years of working on it :)

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
22 Oct 2016, 05:05
its strange that for the manchester shows that all the stalls and circle have all sold out for the 14th march and 17th march and that only the gallery is only available all the rest of the shows are green best available apart from the first to shows im wondering if something special is happening on them tuesday nights

Danny L
22 Oct 2016, 11:30
London is selling faster which is interesting

Danny L
22 Oct 2016, 16:20
its strange that for the manchester shows that all the stalls and circle have all sold out for the 14th march and 17th march and that only the gallery is only available all the rest of the shows are green best available apart from the first to shows im wondering if something special is happening on them tuesday nights

Press night? Wonder if Meat or Jimmy will come over for it? No doubt local celebrities (so the Corrie lot, Jeremy Kyle and every other person who is on ITV) will be there.

Danny L
24 Oct 2016, 14:29
http://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/article/Book-Tickets-Now-For-BAT-OUT-OF-HELL-THE-MUSICAL-20161024

"Join the eternally young Strat and his wild gang, The Lost, as they roam the streets of Obsidian, a post-apocalyptic Manhattan, ruled by the wicked and tyrannical Falco. When Strat first sets eyes on Falco's daughter, Raven, who has been locked away in the palace towers, he sets out to rescue her from her evil father's clutches in a full throttle tale of teenage love, youthful rebellion and living the rock and roll dream. <--- !!!!

Bat Out of Hell is a breathtaking new musical that features 17 of Meat Loaf's greatest hits including I'd Do Anything for Love, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night), Dead Ringer For Love, Two Out of Three Ain't Bad, Bat Out of Hell and more."

I knew over 20 would be a lot!!

letsgotoofar
28 Oct 2016, 02:51
Extra! Extra!

Cast announced! Jim interviewed!

Read it in the Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3880444/Bat-Hell-s-going-soaring-Album-s-40th-anniversary-year-celebrated-stage-version.html)!

anotherday
28 Oct 2016, 03:57
Ooooof. Those photos of Jim...Its like whoever took them had no idea how to take a solid photo

letsgotoofar
28 Oct 2016, 05:17
I sympathize to a certain extent. I mean one wants to capture Jim, but also they want to get a view of the collection of kooky shit he's got in his Bat Cave, and it's got to be a certain size so the text isn't lost... it's not easy photographing for a specific layout with a specific vision. But it could have been better, yes.

Danny L
28 Oct 2016, 13:08
Extra! Extra!

Cast announced! Jim interviewed!

Read it in the Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3880444/Bat-Hell-s-going-soaring-Album-s-40th-anniversary-year-celebrated-stage-version.html)!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! Exciting to finally have concrete details, confirms London June & July, an article somewhere read that it was running through August, which was wrong. Andrew Polec was also Strat in the workshop - he should know the character inside out by the first performance.

I think the photographer was the journalist?

proctorloaf
29 Oct 2016, 04:38
I'm going to the press launch in Manchester guys - will send full report :)

Danny L
29 Oct 2016, 11:40

Lucky thing! What night is that, March?

Danny L
29 Oct 2016, 15:43
https://twitter.com/julianstoneman/status/792324525195231232

Press launch THIS THURSDAY 4 NOVEMBER at London Coliseum, they want a load of people with Harley Davisons - win tickets to LDN press night on June 20!!

proctorloaf
29 Oct 2016, 19:05
Manchester is following Monday

Danny L
29 Oct 2016, 21:53
Manchester is following Monday

Press event on the following Monday?

Danny L
30 Oct 2016, 13:09

I wanna know everything! The Bat Takes Flight!!

Bout bloody time. ;) haha

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
31 Oct 2016, 00:56
how do you get to go to the press event in manchester ? i would love to go to that and find out some news as i have set up a unofficial fan page on facebook specifically for the musical so fans of the show can talk to each other about it just like the other shows what have fan groups

Danny L
01 Nov 2016, 23:01
To celebrate the Box Office opening to the general public, there will be a special live performance by the cast at 5pm on Thursday 3 November outside the London Coliseum in St Martin's Lane.

The world premiere of the long-awaited Jim Steinman's Bat Out of Hell- The Musical will take place in London's West End at the London Coliseum, opening on Tuesday 20 June 2017, following previews from 5 June, for a limited season until 22 July 2017. This follows previews at Manchester Opera House from 17 February to 8 April 2017. The box office for the London Coliseum will open at 5pm on Thursday 3 November. Please visit www.BatOutOfHellMusical.com for more information.

As with many great works of art, the genesis of the Bat Out of Hellalbum occurred across a number of years. One of the songs was written while Steinman was an undergraduate at Amherst College in the late 1960s. In the 1970s, Steinman wrote a theatrical musical that was presented in workshop in Washington D.C. in 1974 and featured many of the songs that would ultimately appear on the Bat Out of Hell album, which was released in 1977.

Bat Out Of Hell became one of the best-selling albums in history, selling over 50 million copies worldwide. 16 years later, Steinman scored again with Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell, which contained the massive hit I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That).

For the stage musical, the legendary and award-winning Jim Steinman has incorporated iconic songs from the Bat Out of Hellalbums, including You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth, Bat Out of Hell, I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) and Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad, as well as two previously unreleased songs, What Part of My Body Hurts the Most and Not Allowed to Love.

Jim Steinman's Bat Out of Hell - The Musical is a romantic adventure about rebellious youth and passionate love, set against the backdrop of a post-cataclysmic city adrift from the mainland. Strat, the forever young leader of The Lost, has fallen for Raven, daughter of Falco, the tyrannical, ruler of Obsidian.

Jim Steinman's Bat Out of Hell - The Musical is produced by David Sonenberg, Michael Cohl, Randy Lennox, Tony Smith

Will the performance be streamed live? I'm sure if they're out in the street there will be videos on social media.

Grrr I'm so HUNGRY to feast on ths show!!

Danny L
02 Nov 2016, 15:41
Absolute Classic Rock will be live streaming the event on their Facebook starting at 5pm London time; Thursday November 3rd!

If you're around this will be at London Coliseum, St Martin's Lane in beautiful Covent Garden

DazLoaf01
03 Nov 2016, 14:27
According to Twitter, Meat has joined the cast as a special attending guest!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwS0JWoWQAAVNMd.jpg

Bat Out Of Hell ‏@BatTheMusical 4h4 hours ago
JUST ANNOUNCED! @RealMeatLoaf will be joining the cast of #BatTheMusical as a special attending guest! Join us at 5pm at the #LondonColiseum

ThatWriterGuy
03 Nov 2016, 14:34
Reposted in correct thread.

Don't say I never give you anything:

nNZoOndADYE

anotherday
03 Nov 2016, 14:52
Reposted in correct thread.

Don't say I never give you anything:

nNZoOndADYE

Welp, I now need to see this musical...Anyone want to foot the bill for a trip overseas? :D Kidding. Hoping it comes to broadway!

ashkent7
03 Nov 2016, 17:02
Bat Out of Hell is a breathtaking new musical that features 17 of Meat Loaf's greatest hits including I'd Do Anything for Love, Paradise by the Dashboard Light, You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night), Dead Ringer For Love, Two Out of Three Ain't Bad, Bat Out of Hell and more."

I knew over 20 would be a lot!!

A bit late I know...but remember that 17 doesn't include What Part Of My Body, Not Allowed To Love and any other non Meat songs that are also in there.

CarylB
03 Nov 2016, 18:24
Meat will be appearing on ITV's Good Morning show tomorrow to promote the musical, and is also dong a live Q&A on his twitter page @RealMeatLoaf to celebrate the launch of Bat Out Of Hell - The Musical at 12.45pm GMT/8.45am ET/6.45am PT the same day

Evil One
03 Nov 2016, 18:38
For the stage musical, the legendary and award-winning Jim Steinman has incorporated iconic songs from the Bat Out of Hell albums, including You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth, Bat Out of Hell, I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) and Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad, as well as two previously unreleased songs, What Part of My Body Hurts the Most and Not Allowed to Love.I guess this finally answers the question of if Jim has written any new stuff :shrug:

ThatWriterGuy
03 Nov 2016, 18:42
No, that question was answered weeks ago, publicly and directly, by Meat.

rockfenris2005
03 Nov 2016, 18:44
He said Jim would never write another song again. It's in one of the articles somewhere. Though Jim IMO need never have written another song after FCOL and the Bat album. Of course I'm glad that he did.

CarylB
03 Nov 2016, 18:50
Live Lunch in London streaming now

https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteClassicRock/videos/vb.228372980324/10154485114215325/?type=2&theater&notif_t=live_video_interaction&notif_id=1478193354735671

Wario
03 Nov 2016, 20:41
If that guy is singing BODY, i sure as hell hope Meat records it for the record.

For something produced by Jim himself, i was expecting Rob Evan type vocal power.

The guy has A LOT of charisma and loved the clip, just cant see him singing BODY.

Wishing this all the best.

That choreography tho is pretty sloppy, probably due to stage size.

letsgotoofar
03 Nov 2016, 20:45
Let's also not forget that this will not reflect the show itself necessarily, this is just what they threw together for the launch.

Fire Ball
03 Nov 2016, 21:19
IF SOME ONE WROTE I AM PLAYING A character IN the Musical in NYC . All I said was It would be fun . I never said I was . Who ever posted start dealing with the truth .

Wario
03 Nov 2016, 21:31
IF SOME ONE WROTE I AM PLAYING A character IN the Musical in NYC . All I said was It would be fun . I never said I was . Who ever posted start dealing with the truth .

makes me think of this pic of you as Hook.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14225565_892517987545636_5708640231431869039_n.png?oh=545d20df698e5809 01f63a79c3b48c52&oe=588776BD

excited to see whose Hook.

Tina.K.
03 Nov 2016, 21:56
I really liked the duet version of Two out of Three!

Danny L
04 Nov 2016, 02:18
I've always thought Two out of Three would make a great duet so I'm delighted Jim agrees!! :-P :cool: ;)

Wario
04 Nov 2016, 03:14
you guys realize its been done as a duet before ;)

00:17:51

5cnDIu6ZbwU

wizardofodd
04 Nov 2016, 10:55
I attended the launch night in London as I work in Covent Garden so I sneaked out early to get a glimpse. I already have my tickets and I'm very excited for the musical - I thought the lead was really good- a very different vocal to Meat which was probably the point. It's a very young cast and it was a little weird seeing Meat and then hearing someone else do Bat. The Musical certainly feels like We Will Rock You - and if this show can have a slice of that success it would be massive

Really good crowd for the promo by the way- which should be expected considering the location. Many passers by stopping to have a listen.

Meat sounds better to me than he did during the Braver promo. He clearly is in pain with his back. I admire his commitment and dedication for promoting this for Jimmy- he is such a good sport for someone who should be resting up but we know he loves working.

K1ttycat
04 Nov 2016, 12:51
Feeling absolutely gutted at the moment.

The Palace Theatre and Opera House in Manchester had a competition on their FB page and the prize was two tickets to the launch on Monday. They were giving away several pairs of tickets. There were 62 replies. I replied and I really spilled my heart out in my answer. Just found out that I didn't win. A few of the winners were fine - gave birth to Bat of Hell but then there was one that said he was on a game show and knew all the answers to questions in the Meat Loaf category - great, can retain info but really a fan? - and another said she was writing her own version of Bat Out of Hell: The Musical and would love to compare the two. Most of the other answers didn't even seem to know what they were trying to win, thinking it was tickets to the show rather than the launch! Nevertheless, very very upset right now. :( Thanks for letting me vent!

https://www.facebook.com/PalaceandOpera/photos/a.178029577439.126271.99318052439/10154626499707440/?type=3&comment_id=10154635998172440&notif_t=photo_reply&notif_id=1478205742134882

CarylB
04 Nov 2016, 14:26
I admire his commitment and dedication for promoting this for Jimmy- he is such a good sport for someone who should be resting up but we know he loves working.

And his long time friend, Jim :-)

Glad you got there and had a great time

anotherday
04 Nov 2016, 15:43
Just looked at the Twitter stuff and the AOL Build video, both very nice. Can't wait to see what happens next! Really hoping Meat does Body for the cast album.

Danny L
04 Nov 2016, 16:01
We've got a list of songs building from promo:

BAT OUT OF HELL
ANYTHING FOR LOVE
IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW
DEAD RINGER FOR LOVE
TWO OUTTA THREE
TOOK THE WORDS
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
NOT ALLOWED TO LOVE
WHAT PART OF MY BODY HURTS THE MOST
WHO NEEDS THE YOUNG?
SPEAKING IN TONGUES
PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT

12 titles right there - All mentioned as making it in - surely All Revved Up and Heaven Can Wait will be there to cover the whole first album? I'm hoping for Rock n Roll Dreams too

letsgotoofar
04 Nov 2016, 16:28
I've got a sneaking suspicion we will know everything in the score, Danny. :P

But more seriously, based on TWG's response to my hope that nothing from Tanz crops up in the show, I think there's a good chance "Objects" will be there (much to my chagrin, but what can you do?).

Danny L
04 Nov 2016, 16:32
I've got a sneaking suspicion we will know everything in the score, Danny. :P

But more seriously, based on TWG's response to my hope that nothing from Tanz crops up in the show, I think there's a good chance "Objects" will be there (much to my chagrin, but what can you do?).

I know, even the two 'brand-new-never-before-heard songs' but this is not a 'list of what I'd like to see', but rather what's been confirmed in interviews.

I've been keeping tabs, obv more will be added :D

letsgotoofar
04 Nov 2016, 16:47
Oh no, I know it's what's been confirmed in interviews and promo, and kudos to us, we've figured out 12 (maybe 13, if I'm right about "Objects") of the 17 songs that are in the show!

dde11678
04 Nov 2016, 20:22
I enjoyed the snippets from the launch event, and it looks like it will be a fun show.

I also must say that Andrew Polec sure is darn pretty!!!

Wario
04 Nov 2016, 21:28
We've got a list of songs building from promo:

BAT OUT OF HELL
ANYTHING FOR LOVE
IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME NOW
DEAD RINGER FOR LOVE
TWO OUTTA THREE
TOOK THE WORDS
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD
NOT ALLOWED TO LOVE
WHAT PART OF MY BODY HURTS THE MOST
WHO NEEDS THE YOUNG?
SPEAKING IN TONGUES
PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT

12 titles right there - All mentioned as making it in - surely All Revved Up and Heaven Can Wait will be there to cover the whole first album? I'm hoping for Rock n Roll Dreams too

part of me longs for IT JUST WONT QUIT to hit a mass audience