PDA

View Full Version : Rustin is coming out on VHS and DVD on September 30th

Vickip
12 Aug 2003, 23:41
I just found out that Meat's movie Rustin is coming out on VHS & DVD on September 30th !! Here's the direct link if you want to pre-order it from Amazon.com :

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000A2ZQ1/qid=1060719417/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/002-2211608-1781636

I love the picture on the VHS cover !!

The DVD listed is Region 1 for US & Canada ... so hopefully they'll be releasing them for other regions too.

A new Meat movie .. I can't wait to see it :))

Vicki

sherrie87
13 Aug 2003, 04:30
Thank you for this news Vicki! I think this role (high school football coach) is just perfect for Meat, and I've really been looking forward to seeing it. I'm off to Amazon to preorder.... :lol:

Sherrie

Vickip
13 Aug 2003, 04:40
Thank you for this news Vicki! I think this role (high school football coach) is just perfect for Meat, and I've really been looking forward to seeing it. I'm off to Amazon to preorder.... :lol:

Sherrie

You're welcome Sherrie!
I think it's a perfect role for him too .. and I'm really looking forward to it :))

Vicki

CarylB
13 Aug 2003, 05:09
Anyone without a DVD player may feel they have to wait .. the VHS version is close to $60 :(

sherrie87
26 Sep 2003, 04:58
I still haven't gotten around to preordering this (my husband thinks my ML habit is getting a bit out of hand, so I need to pause slightly in my spending :lol: ), but I'd love to hear a review if anyone here gets it. The release date is only a few days away.

Sherrie

Vickip
05 Oct 2003, 03:24
I still haven't gotten around to preordering this (my husband thinks my ML habit is getting a bit out of hand, so I need to pause slightly in my spending :lol: ), but I'd love to hear a review if anyone here gets it. The release date is only a few days away.

Sherrie

I just got done watching RUSTIN' .. and I absolutely loved it !!

Meat made the perfect High School football coach ... aggressive and doing whatever it takes to protect his players and win the game. You've got to love that Southern accent of his .. and he looks good in shorts :wink:

He had some really good scenes, but the real stars were Rick and Ashley Johnson, who both did a fantastic job as the Sheriff and his daughter. It was my type of movie -- a great character study, without lots of action or violence, that just makes you feel good and cheer at the end :)) Definitely worth watching if you get the chance !

Vicki

Eva
07 Oct 2003, 19:51
Today is a great day:
I got my CHSIB Dean Skuza/Meat Loaf pit crew shirt and
I got the movie RUSTIN!!!

WOW!!!!!

The first word was spoken in this movie was from MEAT and - surprise - he smoke a pipe! :P

And - YES - he looks very good in shorts! :bunny:

It's a nice MEAT-day!!!!

Keep Rockin'
Eva

Vickip
07 Oct 2003, 20:26
Today is a great day:
I got my CHSIB Dean Skuza/Meat Loaf pit crew shirt and
I got the movie RUSTIN!!!

WOW!!!!!

The first word was spoken in this movie was from MEAT and - surprise - he smoke a pipe! :P

And - YES - he looks very good in shorts! :bunny:

It's a nice MEAT-day!!!!

Keep Rockin'
Eva

Excellent !!

I noticed that about the pipe too .. it just looked so funny :lmao:
And yes he definitely has cute knees :))

I'm glad you enjoyed it and are having a nice MEAT-day !!!!
Vicki

ladyloaf69
08 Oct 2003, 02:17
i can't seem to find where to buy rustin besides amazon . is there anyplace else help

Vickip
08 Oct 2003, 04:38
i can't seem to find where to buy rustin besides amazon . is there anyplace else help

Sorry .. but that's the only place I could find it too :(
I checked a lot of my local video stores, and the clerks just looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had it in stock :roll:

Another place to try is Blockbuster ... they might have it for rent or sale :)
Wish I could help more!
Vicki

sherrie87
24 Dec 2003, 19:30
I finally got to watch Rustin last night- loved it! In fact, I watched the whole movie once then stayed up until about 1:30 AM watching the "directors commentary" version. Really interesting- the director called the process of making and releasing the movie "a marathon", and when you listen to his commentary that really seems to be the case- years of working on financing, no money left for postproduction, local actors- the end result was great.

Sherrie

Vickip
24 Dec 2003, 21:37
I finally got to watch Rustin last night- loved it! In fact, I watched the whole movie once then stayed up until about 1:30 AM watching the "directors commentary" version. Really interesting- the director called the process of making and releasing the movie "a marathon", and when you listen to his commentary that really seems to be the case- years of working on financing, no money left for postproduction, local actors- the end result was great.

Sherrie

It's a great movie .. I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)
I haven't watched the "directors commentary" version though .. sounds interesting. Thanks !

Vicki

ladyloaf69
25 Dec 2003, 01:10
i bought the rustin movie from amazon and is it great. especially when they show meat in shorts :lol: i recommend this movie to everyone

Vickip
25 Dec 2003, 01:31
i bought the rustin movie from amazon and is it great. especially when they show meat in shorts :lol: i recommend this movie to everyone

I know what you mean Ladyloaf :)) He definitely has cute knees :lol:

Vicki