PDA

View Full Version : Dead Ringer reissue

Evil One
08 May 2016, 18:57
According to Amazon Dead Ringer will be reissued on 15th July by Music On CD
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dead-Ringer-Meat-Loaf/dp/B01DELEIRM/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1462726038&sr=1-1&keywords=meatloaf

Being one of the fastest growing CD labels in Europe, we strive to get the best from the past, the forgotten gems that are no longer available on CD and vinyl.
Although some CD catalogues keep shrinking and deep catalogue diggers are having a hard time, there’s one label that is swimming against the tide and has been doing so for over 2 years. We at Music on CD do think that the silver disc still has a lot of potential and we do think that there are music lovers willing to buy our releases.
All of them (newly manufactured CD’s) are packed in Super Deluxe Jewel Casings with adapted artwork and in some cases even with a completely new design. Furthermore we aim to produce the highest audio quality manageable. From Pop, Jazz and Rock all the way to Classical music, we set out to preserve classic albums from the past and ensure the beauty of the music is kept and never forgotten.
Interested in what we’re releasing? Having trouble finding those albums that you would like to own on CD? Visit our website to check out the most recent releases, leave your name and we will send you our monthly update of new releases. You can even contribute your suggestions of classic albums that are not made available anymore, but should be. Yes indeed, we are building a catalogue!http://musiconcd.eu/

I suspect it's nothing more than a cheap rehash of the existing CD and MATLAF, Bad Attitude, BBIS and Live will also follow as has happened in the past, but it would be nice to be wrong.

PanicLord
08 May 2016, 21:15
EXCITED!!!

Wario
09 May 2016, 02:14
Not holding my breath but we'll see how it sounds.

rockfenris2005
09 May 2016, 09:24
It's too good to be true, therefore I'm suspicious and expect very little.

renegadeangel
14 May 2016, 01:48
I think I would be more interested in his 1981 version of the rock and roll dreams

ThatWriterGuy
14 May 2016, 10:14
Just get a first press vinyl and a good set up to listen through - even remastered it won't sound better (quite possibly worse).

Evil One
14 May 2016, 12:06
Music On CD seems to be an off-shoot of Music On Vinyl, the company that released the recent Dead Ringer LP. Therefore it is reasonable to assume this CD will come from the same source as that LP.

ThatWriterGuy
14 May 2016, 13:12
Music On CD seems to be an off-shoot of Music On Vinyl, the company that released the recent Dead Ringer LP. Therefore it is reasonable to assume this CD will come from the same source as that LP.

Which was probably a relatively decent digital source, as MOV have a half decent reputation for sourcing listenable masters. It won't be a patch on the 1st press, though - especially not on CD.

Evil One
14 May 2016, 19:58
Can anyone with the MOV LP comment on the quality? Is it as good as the original LP, or does it sound like the CD pressed onto vinyl?

ThatWriterGuy
14 May 2016, 20:17
Can anyone with the MOV LP comment on the quality? Is it as good as the original LP, or does it sound like the CD pressed onto vinyl?

Just had this conversation with a friend:

"It sounds like a 'digitally sourced' vinyl, nice and clean and superior to the CD releases, but it isn't half as good as the original UK first press. Through my set up, that is."

What are you playing through?

PanicLord
15 May 2016, 11:44
Now available for preorder through Amazon. To be honest as long as it's better than my current cd,which is awful,I'll be happy!