PDA

View Full Version : The Rocky Horror Picture Show Review

RSG
10 Aug 2003, 04:00
Okay, I don't have a review, but that movie is really neat. I can't wait to get the soundtrack. That movie has some pretty good singers, excepting Tim Curry, lol, nah, i'm just kidding. They all did really good. I love the girl who did Janet, she has a beautiful voice. The rest of them were awesome, about 3\4 of the songs are really good. It was funny, (scary), and it was fun to watch. Meat Loaf did a good job at Hot Patooie, he made the one appearance, but it was really fun to get into. HOT PATOOIE BLESS MY SOUL!!!! lol, go eddie. Well all in all, the movie was pretty rocky (strange, but i loved it. especially the music. GReat movie, what did you guys think.

Evan
12 Aug 2003, 21:09
Hi RSG, yes "The Rocky Horror Show" is a very good movie. I take it you just viewed it for the very first time, which would commonly be referred to as the lose of virginity with Rocky Horror veterans. I love how the movie focuses on darkness conquering and the lose of innocense. Brad and Janet are brought through a time warp from the morals and standards of the 1950's to at that time the changing times of the 1970's but the times are still equivelant to today's society. The show's soundtrack is very rocking and the movie is very sexual. Rock and roll and sex, who could want anything more!!!!!!!
There was a follow up to the movie, "Shock Treatment" but it's very strange and only Brad and Janet's story's continue. Tim Curry refused to play Frank again and was offered the lead dual in "Shock Treatment" as Brad Majors and his brother Farley Flavors, but he refused saying he didn't think he could handle doing the American accent.
But anyway, yeah "Rocky Horror" is very great!

original sin
13 Aug 2003, 00:01
RSG......you had your cherry popped 8O :mrgreen:

Sin is hooked on RHPS just as much as she is on Meat

Tim
16 Aug 2003, 17:36
The Rocky Horror Picture show.... wow!!! I've got it on DVD, the 25th Aniversary. It is so pretty good!! Love this movie / musical. Meat has a great part in it.

It is such a strange movie. The first time i watched it on tv, i tought is was me who was going to be crazy! :lol: But now, after i've seen it a dozen of times, i still like it.

The DVD that i've got has some great extra's on it. Like a other end, some theatatrical sing along stuff and deleted scenes... if i'm not wrong.

One of the best movies!!

Bren
17 Aug 2003, 10:07
The Rocky Horror Picture show.... wow!!! But now, after i've seen it a dozen of times, i still like it.

one of the best movies!!

agree with that :D ..lost count of the number of times i've watched it..love it....never grow tired of watching it.

Bren

One Last Trip
21 Aug 2003, 22:05
I just saw this for the first time and I thought it was great.

Dave
29 Aug 2003, 13:56
Hi RSG, yes "The Rocky Horror Show" is a very good movie. I take it you just viewed it for the very first time, which would commonly be referred to as the lose of virginity with Rocky Horror veterans.

No!!!!

He has not had his cherry popped yet! You cannot truly say you are no longer a Rocky Horror Picture Show virgin until you see it in the theater.

If you have just seen the video, you have not gotten the entire feel for the film. Everyone should go and see it in a theater with an audience yelling and throwing props.

There is NOTHING like seeing Meat break through the freezer wall and hearing the crowd take to a standing ovation - it is just like a rock concert (not a Meat Loaf concert, but a rock concert).

I love how the Eddie at our theater always steals the show.

If you have never seen Rocky Horror at a theater, go, it is in the Guinees Book Of World Records as the longest running first run movie in history!

Here is a listing of all of the current RHPS showings around the world!!!

www.rockytheaters.com

ROCK ON FIRE BALL!!!

original sin
29 Aug 2003, 14:14
:mrgreen: Well a show or theatre with a shadow cast has just gotta be the ultimate having your cherry popped real good :twisted: but a videos a good start.

Last shadow cast Eddie I saw had a micro scooter for his motorbike, with windshield, mirrors handle bar tassels the lot - awesome- he scooted round and round the theatre, crowd going crazy.

I'm counting the days to my next show in four weeks.......

I can see the flag fly...................

http://www.picturesofengland.com/clipart/flags/england_flags/union-jack-01.jpg

Bigmomma
14 Sep 2003, 17:45
the final showing in dublin happened a couple of weeks ago. :cry:
kezzina

mellis107
15 Sep 2003, 20:12
I haven't seen the film in years...must get round to watching it again. Saw a clip of Meat singing Hot Patootie the other night - what a gem, and waht a rocking song. My girlfriend, who hates Meat (????????) was even dacing to it!!

mike

PanicLord
15 Sep 2003, 20:46
I love RHPS! Meat's songs are the best!

But I agree with David, you ain't done it till you've done it in a theatre! (Seen a show that is :lol: ). The first time I ever rang a theatre to book tickets, the woman on the phone said "are you a virgin?" :oops: :lol: :lol: I had no idea what to say until she told me it meant had I seen the show before :) :roll: :twisted:

It was absolutely fantastic - we had the guy who used to do "Buddy" the musical as our Frank, and he was really cool. The bloke playing Rocky got a bit... er... excited, if you know what I mean.

The whole thing is so camp, and so darned fun, with fantastic rock n roll - I just ordered the DVD (CD WOW, £9.99, I'm not on comission but I should be :P ), and, scarily, "Sweet Transvestite" just came on MusicMatch - followed by a Meat Loaf song!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!