PDA

View Full Version : What song do you relate to the most?

Wario
09 Sep 2015, 06:57
Not what's your favorite, which one do you find relates to you the most?

I say piece of the action for me or all of me which honestly isn't a fav of mine

Yevonda
09 Sep 2015, 07:14
It is situation base for me. It sometimes depends on what is going on at that moment in time. I feel like I can really relate to All of Me - The Giving Tree and even Party of One. A

Evil Ernie
09 Sep 2015, 07:16
Alive

Guy
09 Sep 2015, 08:56
Dance in my pants.
8*/

LucyK!
09 Sep 2015, 09:23
Rock and Roll Dreams...it is also my favourite but I'd choose this regardless.

chairboys
09 Sep 2015, 09:47
Sorry, none.
Fantastic songs but no personal bonding with any.

AndrewG
09 Sep 2015, 11:06
I can barely fit my dick in my pants.

rockfenris2005
09 Sep 2015, 11:40
Life Is A Lemon when things are bad.

Sebastian.
09 Sep 2015, 12:42
Rock n Roll dreams.

Last verse of Objects

Anything for Love.

loaferman61
09 Sep 2015, 15:49
Not the greatest song Meat ever did, but "Did You Ever Love Somebody" is my pick. I have been in that situation for several years now and Meat nails the song emotionally. I listen to it a lot.

Sue K
09 Sep 2015, 18:22
I've always loved the song... It's probably in my top whatever of meatie songs... but since the death of my husband last year ... For Crying Out Loud really hits home with me... In fact... all of the first Bat ... I get it... I really get it now ... whereas I never did before ...

greg
09 Sep 2015, 20:34
Just won't quit. Not seen meat singing this live is there some material out there

Vickip
09 Sep 2015, 20:42
Rock N Roll Dreams for me :-)

CarylB
09 Sep 2015, 20:55
There have been many over the years .. now I guess Alive and Forever Young

Sebastian.
09 Sep 2015, 21:55
Rock n Roll dreams.

Last verse of Objects

Anything for Love.

Blind as a bat

Not a dry eye

I'd lie for you

Ah, young love. Don't get me started on the Boss!

PanicLord
09 Sep 2015, 22:01
45 seconds of ecstasy 😢

Wario
09 Sep 2015, 22:46
Just won't quit. Not seen meat singing this live is there some material out there

None that anyone wants us to have. He did it once at a storytellers show. A user here years ago had a recording but wants to keep it for themselves.

I don't understand the logic in that and it's quite disappointing.

Say what you will and think what you will about me but I always love seeing fans happy when they've never seen or heard a rarity.

I offered everything except money for it. I offered my entire collection, at the time the near uncirculated Slagharen 1989 show, and a few other things. you name it. Just for one track.

I'm used to everyone saying yes, that's how I got my youtube.

Fans would love to hear a live version, however rough or truncated, of IJWQ.
it's actually borderline selfish but it's their decision and there's nothing I can do

This is my 10th anniversary collecting meat recordings. In those 10 years I've only ever come across one storytellers show. The only other two I know of, the one for mentioned and another in Chicago are nowhere to be found

AndrewG
09 Sep 2015, 22:50
None that anyone wants us to have. He did it once at a storytellers show. A user here years ago had a recording but wants to keep it for themselves.

Say what you will and think what you will about me but I always love seeing fans happy when they've never seen or heard a rarity.

Fans would love to hear it and it's quite selfish but it's their decision

I would have loved it if either in 2008 15th Anniversary or in 2013 20th anniversary we had seen live shows covering the entire Bat 2 tracklist. But other matters were more important in those years I guess.

Wario
09 Sep 2015, 22:59
I would have loved it if either in 2008 15th Anniversary or in 2013 20th anniversary we had seen live shows covering the entire Bat 2 tracklist. But other matters were more important in those years I guess.

That would be amazing. I think i read somewhere meat couldn't find the character in IJWQ

Which is strange considering I can think of a dozen different characters in the track. A mother with cancer is one, and another is a murderer feeling guilty of his crimes but has this lust to kill again.

Elijah's way
09 Sep 2015, 23:01
I've got two songs that I really relate too. The second one, the first time I heard it I cried because it fit my situation better than any song I've ever heard. The first one still gets to me till this day, Everything about it is basically my life story.

Objects in the reveiw mirror

Did you ever love somebody

Julie in the rv mirror
09 Sep 2015, 23:37

I offered everything except money for it. I offered my entire collection, at the time the near uncirculated Slagharen 1989 show, and a few other things. you name it. Just for one track.

it's actually borderline selfish but it's their decision and there's nothing I can do

This is my 10th anniversary collecting meat recordings. In those 10 years I've only ever come across one storytellers show. The only other two I know of, the one for mentioned and another in Chicago are nowhere to be found
Oh, that old Chicago show? I have it.

(I don't really, I just wanted to mess with you. :twisted:)

Are you sure the person really has the recording? Did you ask them their reasons?

Some people like to keep rarities as currency for future trades; other times, they might not trade with someone because they don't approve of what the other person might do with the recording.

loaferman61
09 Sep 2015, 23:52
The second one, the first time I heard it I cried because it fit my situation better than any song I've ever heard.

Objects in the reveiw mirror

Did you ever love somebody

I agree, I have lived in the second one so long I could have written the song. Really sums up the something you just can't have but can't let go situation.

GenoJLaw
10 Sep 2015, 00:32
"Life is a Lemon and I want my money back" Sometimes I wish I could get a refund on life.

BostonAngel
10 Sep 2015, 01:22
I have a list of several. Sometimes it depends on my mood - wether I am upbeat or feeling sad. Life Is A Lemon, Rock n Roll Dreams, Alive, The Monster Is Loose, The Future Ain't What It Used To Be, Live or Die, and Another Day. Sometimes I can't even listen to Another Day cause it hits to close too home. It usually makes me cry.

Evil Ernie
10 Sep 2015, 03:09
Life Is A Lemon when things are bad.

I agree with this one as well.

rockfenris2005
10 Sep 2015, 14:22

This is my 10th anniversary collecting meat recordings. In those 10 years I've only ever come across one storytellers show. The only other two I know of, the one for mentioned and another in Chicago are nowhere to be found\

I would have beyond loved it!!!!

The closest I have *ever* come is Meat reciting the lyrics when Jim was inducted at the SHOF. And *that* gives me goosebumps.

anotherday
10 Sep 2015, 19:49
So many songs...too many relate to my life. It's why I love that MAN SO MUCH.

In no particular order.....

HEAVEN CAN WAIT

LIFE IS A LEMON

ANYTHING FOR LOVE

DID YOU EVER LOVE SOMEBODY

ROCK N ROLL DREAMS

BAD ATTITUDE

PIECE OF THE ACTION

LucyK!
10 Sep 2015, 21:14
I'll add Live Or Die to my choice too.

Took me a while to get on board with that album but that song got me from day one.

JennaG
10 Sep 2015, 23:46
I would say that 'All of Me' is pretty much spot on with how I see myself.

rockfenris2005
12 Sep 2015, 09:53
Not sure if this is really on topic or not, but when Meat talked about "California Dreamin'" being a song about fear, and how people are held back because of their fear, that really made me think. I walked away from a situation that year because it was making me upset and it wasn't the brightest thing I could have done at that time either, but I did it because I was unhappy. And what Meat said about "fear" had just really stayed with me, I guess. Gee, thanks Meat :-) I still think HIAHB is a really great piece of work. I used to think "40 days" was maybe the one weak moment, but now... The whole thing from beginning to end just works. And when you combine that with Jim and Meat working together, wow... "Braver than we are" is going to explode my mind, isn't it? You can say it. :bump::cheer::wacko::panic::tumble::yay:

ChloeLee88
12 Sep 2015, 12:05
I still think HIAHB is a really great piece of work. I used to think "40 days" was maybe the one weak moment, but now... The whole thing from beginning to end just

It took me a while to warm to HIAHB, but now I absolutely love it, in fact it has been my soundtrack to work and back in the car for a while! I love all of me!

In regards to the topic question, It's really hard to think of one song as it changes depedning on what is happening, and thats what I love about Meat songs, there is a song for every moment/event!

Right now, having met my new class i'm teaching for this year, the song is Lifes a lemon! haha

NightAngel
12 Sep 2015, 14:54
I have a few favourites but in the past 8 years because of serious illnesses and loss in my family, it is Cry to Heaven.

rockfenris2005
12 Sep 2015, 17:56
In regards to the topic question, It's really hard to think of one song as it changes depedning on what is happening, and thats what I love about Meat songs, there is a song for every moment/event!

I know what you mean. "The future ain't what it used to be" has been another really good one when I'm not feeling my best. Love your avatar btw!!!

Breeze
13 Sep 2015, 02:47
Objects--always the one
Home by now/No matter what- always the one too
The Future ..... from Pandora's box
Safe Sex-
Tonight is what it means to be young--Fire Inc
Making love out of nothing at all
Amnesty is Granted
2 out 3
The Want Ad ( for Pandora's box)
Read them and weep