PDA

View Full Version : Setlist.fm is now UP TO DATE and has the Wario seal of approval

Wario
18 Aug 2015, 17:58
Had a few days off and worked on the bullshit that was setlist.fm in my freetime

Utilizing the MLUKFC Archive, Adje's Tour Thread, Kasiminfo, common sense, and noting set list changes and making rational probabilities what the setlists were for specific dates by the confirmed setlists that bookened them, Setlist.fm is now 99.9% CORRECT.

Thankfully, since Meat keeps a fairly regular setlist each tour, dates without setlists are very easy to deduce.

I went through every date, fixed things that were dumb, stupid, badly tagged, making it now a one stop trip to find out song setlists.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/meat-loaf-4bd6cb76.html

Meat's 20 most performed songs are as follows:
Bat Out of Hell
Paradise by the Dashboard Light
You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)
All Revved Up With No Place to Go
Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)
Dead Ringer for Love
Life Is a Lemon (And I Want My Money Back)
Out of the Frying Pan (And Into the Fire)
Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through
Midnight at the Lost and Found
If It Ain't Broke, Break It
I'm Gonna Love Her for Both of Us
Mercury Blues
Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are
Heaven Can Wait
Masculine <<< SERIOUSLY
Modern Girl
Gimme Shelter
the Rock 'n' Roll Medley

Search through it yourself, It is VERY ACCURATE and is now a FANTASTIC resource :))

Still going through some Misc dates that are missing and need to put the entire NOTP tour on there as well as the Vegas Shows, so Home By Now and Hot Patootie might snag the Top 20 spot from gimme shelter and the rock medley.

Evil One
18 Aug 2015, 18:13
Well thank ~~~~ for that. I can now finally sleep easily at night.

Wario
18 Aug 2015, 21:04
Well thank ~~~~ for that. I can now finally sleep easily at night.

im totally happy you were able to find your center

Julie in the rv mirror
18 Aug 2015, 23:14
Great job, Wario! The problem with Setlist.fm is that anyone can edit it, so hopefully nobody will come along and undo all your hard work.

Have you ever thought of starting a blog so that only you can edit it?

AndrewG
18 Aug 2015, 23:56
Actually it would be nice to have all that setlist info in one place I guess other than setlist fm. Was looking at some domains available and saw meatloaflive.com was taken by the terry Nash tribute. I have nothing against tributes but imo that is domain squatting when you use his real name and a simple extra word such as live but whatever. :-?

Julie in the rv mirror
19 Aug 2015, 02:40
A site such as Brucebase (https://brucebase.wikispaces.com/) would be a fantastic resource. There is a fee to use Wikispaces, but if enough people donated the costs could be covered. Whoever administers the site controls the access. Just a thought.

Wario
19 Aug 2015, 07:28
im working on it.

www.themeatloafarchive.com hasnt been taken either

what confuses me is that the guy who made in search of paradise did "math" and said meat performed paradise over 6,000 times (:wtf:)

AndrewG
19 Aug 2015, 11:42
im working on it.

www.themeatloafarchive.com hasnt been taken either

what confuses me is that the guy who made in search of paradise did "math" and said meat performed paradise over 6,000 times (:wtf:)

That makes no sense 6000 times. By 2007 it would have meant Meat would have done 200 shows per year, each year. No way considering the hiatuses, movies he's done, travelling, promo etc. Maybe that's how he calculated it. Say on average there are 200 9-5 working days per year so 200*30=6000.

Wario
19 Aug 2015, 14:40
That makes no sense 6000 times. By 2007 it would have meant Meat would have done 200 shows per year, each year. No way considering the hiatuses, movies he's done, travelling, promo etc. Maybe that's how he calculated it. Say on average there are 200 9-5 working days per year so 200*30=6000.

To my account he proll done Bat and Paradise a little over 1000 times. 885 shows are on setlist.fm so. We are still missing 200.

Which the whole of the notp tour, Vegas, and a few misc legs of the late 70s-early 80s cover.

Prolly missing a few shows from the 1989-1990 tour as well

lorenzoduke
19 Aug 2015, 17:22
Great job, Wario. You do some great stuff for ML fans. Wish the official site would take your cue.