PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf cancels tour

faolteam
13 May 2015, 00:34
Meat Loaf cancels tour

https://www.list.co.uk/article/70685-meat-loaf-cancels-tour/

Meat Loaf has cancelled all of his summer 2015 tour dates and some venues he was booked to perform at have been told he won't be able to take to the stage due to health problems.

Meat Loaf is believed to have cancelled his 2015 summer tour due to health issues.

The 'Bat Out Of Hell' hitmaker has removed all the scheduled dates from his website (meatloaf.net) and several venues he was due to be performing at have been informed the concerts are off, including the Illinois State Fair in Springfield and the RiverEdge Park in Aurora.

Jim Jarvis, speaking for RiverEdge Park, told the Chicago Tribune newspaper: "We're obviously disappointed. Meat Loaf is a great entertainer and he's played an important part in rock history over the past 30 years. One of these days, we hope to get him to RiverEdge Park."

There has been no official statement on the status of the tour from Meat Loaf or his representatives yet.

The 64-year-old singer has endured numerous medical problems over the last several years including asthma and Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome, a rare disorder which affects the electrical system of the heart.

Meat Loaf has been known to faint on stage, throw up after gigs and has also undergone knee replacement surgery.

Previously speaking about his stage black outs, Meat Loaf revealed he suffers from "equilibrium" issues caused by multiple concussions.

He said: "I've had 18 concussions and for the last three or four years they've been flaring up. After 18 concussions I knew something had to come around, sometime. My equilibrium is off. The last few years I kind of get on stage, I will wobble a bit and stumble, and you see them (the audience) right out there (saying), 'He was drunk up there!' No, I wasn't. They just assume because they've heard (of) so many rock stars are drunk on stage so I was (sic)."

The iconic rocker is set to release new album 'Braver Than We Are' this autumn.

tonyloaf
13 May 2015, 01:07
It's amazing how someone can be real sick and be in the studio recording another epic album while flying across the globe making movies :) ....... what a load of crap that news story is

faolteam
13 May 2015, 01:25
It's amazing how someone can be real sick and be in the studio recording another epic album while flying across the globe making movies :) ....... what a load of crap that news story is

Whether he is or he isn't Recording or Flying around the world : We Don't Know,

But the points in the Statement are Correct ...

CarylB
13 May 2015, 03:04
Saying "believed to be due to health issues" is hardly fact. And yes, we do know at the time this was first reported he was recording in the studio, and had just flown to Europe and then back to LA.

tonyloaf
13 May 2015, 09:19
Whether he is or he isn't Recording or Flying around the world : We Don't Know,

But the points in the Statement are Correct ...

If you read that news article there are a few statements incorrect

Tina.K.
13 May 2015, 09:32
Well... If they don't even know his right age... than how believable is the rest.

By the way; if it is about health issues, it might be a right knee replacement this summer. Meat told us two years ago during the meet and greet in Zwolle that his left knee had been replaced, but the other one had to be done in the future.

anotherday
13 May 2015, 13:45
Worst. ARTICLE. ever.

loaferman61
13 May 2015, 15:56
Most of these articles are looking back at previous cancellations and jumping to conclusions. Meat or his "people" have not made any such statement and he is finishing up a very big album and preparing to do promotion. Maybe it was just not the right time for his schedule. I hope he's doing well.

NightAngel
14 May 2015, 02:19
The article says no official comment form Meat or his management..assumptions..speculation....I take what the media says with a grain of salt..but I have already stated that.

Ill wait to hear from Meat on what the plans are! He always lets his fans know. We are pretty lucky on that because he does let us know.

The speculation drives me crazy. Can you imagine being M. I say lets give the man a break and lets him continue doing what he is doing..which is probably working hard on BTWA! Personally, i can't wait for that!!! x

Vickip
14 May 2015, 04:18
Well... If they don't even know his right age... than how believable is the rest.

By the way; if it is about health issues, it might be a right knee replacement this summer. Meat told us two years ago during the meet and greet in Zwolle that his left knee had been replaced, but the other one had to be done in the future.

Exactly. And he told me in Las Vegas that he had to have eye surgery, but couldn't figure out when to fit it into his schedule.

Wario
14 May 2015, 22:58
THIS Scared me for a sec

CarylB
18 May 2015, 12:08
This was Meat 3 days ago at the Serious Fun Childrens Network fundraiser after show party where The Painted Turtle raised over $1m !! There may be many reasons why he's withdrawn from touring in August, but the scare stories in this article should be ignored I think. He's looking fit and spiffy here with Tom Scott :-)

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd173/CarylBurton/Posted%20on%20internet/TPT%20Con%2004_zpss3itz6ld.png

I'm reminded of Mark Twain's comment in the New York Journal .. ‘The report of my death was an exaggeration’ ;)

renegadeangel
18 May 2015, 14:04
This was Meat 3 days ago at the Serious Fun Childrens Network fundraiser after show party where The Painted Turtle raised over $1m !! There may be many reasons why he's withdrawn from touring in August, but the scare stories in this article should be ignored I think. He's looking fit and spiffy here with Tom Scott :-)

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd173/CarylBurton/Posted%20on%20internet/TPT%20Con%2004_zpss3itz6ld.png

I'm reminded of Mark Twain's comment in the New York Journal .. ‘The report of my death was an exaggeration’ ;)

I agree
Maybe they want to wait for the album to come out before any tour starts or maybe they want it on the radio first or
maybe
maybe
maybe

CarylB
18 May 2015, 14:51
We know the 3 shows have been withdrawn. Meat knows why and if he wanted to explain he would, but there's no compelling reason why he should. He's clearly not ill. That's all that matters imo. Speculation is an exercise in futility ;) Just glad to see him out and about and looking well :-)

Vickip
18 May 2015, 16:27
We know the 3 shows have been withdrawn. Meat knows why and if he wanted to explain he would, but there's no compelling reason why he should. He's clearly not ill. That's all that matters imo. Speculation is an exercise in futility ;) Just glad to see him out and about and looking well :-)

:up:

NightAngel
19 May 2015, 08:11
Indeed, The man is looking mighty good and fine!

Media...speculation.. pft! :-)

ShelbyLee
19 May 2015, 18:02
Meat looks good in the photo and the Painted Turtle is such a great cause.

Meat Loaf_fan
20 May 2015, 14:51
The most important thing is Meat happiness. :-) If Meat doesn't want to take part in some shows, because he (for example) want to spend more time in studio in finishing album, this is his will ... (beside - we should wait and we will have another masterpiece :-) ).

On the picture above Meat looks very good. :up:

PS. In the article we could find errors (for example: Meat's age) and (what's even more important) there are no official statements from Meat himself or his manager or other members of NLE.

K1ttycat
20 May 2015, 15:09
I agree. He looks good and he looks happy.