PDA

View Full Version : serious question about the infamous Newcastle gig

Wario
21 Mar 2015, 15:51
I know the newcastle gig from 2007 should be a forgotten memory to all, but i have a question for those who were there:

Did anyone see the setlist in its entirety?

Cause while the show was sadly cut short, the setlist looked like it was drastically changed:

All Revved Up With No Place to Go
Life Is a Lemon (And I Want My Money Back)
The Monster Is Loose
Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are
You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night)
It's All Coming Back to Me Now
Paradise by the Dashboard Light

Was just curious since it was the start of these second england leg, how the set would've panned out.

AndrewG
21 Mar 2015, 16:13
Dragging old cows out of the ditch.... As they say in Dutch.

Evil One
21 Mar 2015, 17:22
I don't know which orifice you plucked this idea from, but it needs reinserting. The set list was:

All Revved Up
If It Ain't Broke, Break It
Out Of The Frying Pan
Life Is A Lemon
You Took The Words
Dead Ringer
In The Land Of Pig
It's All Coming Back To Me Now
Rock And Roll Dreams

Paradise By The Dashboard Light (intro only)

LucyK!
21 Mar 2015, 17:37
I can't imagine that, had Meat been in good health, it would have changed from the shows in Glasgow and Germany before that night.

IGLHFBOU was dropped and obviously everything stopped after the Paradise intro, but had Meat been well I can't imagine that the set was scheduled to changed.

Can't believe that night was 8 years ago already...feels like a different world!

CarylB
21 Mar 2015, 19:03
Yes, as you say, apart from I'm Gonna Love Her for Both of Us, the set list was going exactly to that for the Glasgow show .. so we could have I think expected Bat to follow Paradise and then the encore set (with some slight possibility, but by no means a real likelihood, something to replace IGLHFBOU). One reason why I had no patience with those who loudly protested they should have their money back, as we were well towards the end of the set list anyway.

The show will never be a forgotten memory to me .. Firstly I was enjoying it hugely until Paradise .. but mainly because when Meat's vocal chords seized up on him, all I could think (then and now) .. how terrible an experience that must have been for him rather than us.

And I guess it IS a different world .. Meat came back more strongly than for years, and we have had SO much wonderful music and so many amazing shows since then :) :cheer::cheer::cheer:

LucyK!
21 Mar 2015, 19:50
It's unbelievable to think that Newcastle 2007 Meat and Last At Bat Meat are even the same person really...goes to show how unwell he was.

CarylB
21 Mar 2015, 20:37
And how marvellously his vocal chords healed miraculously with no surgical intervention which he was fearful of .. and also his indomitable drive to keep pushing ever forward. He has such courage and such persistence :-)

Wario
21 Mar 2015, 23:44
Dragging old cows out of the ditch.... As they say in Dutch.

oh didnt mean anything by it was just curious what the setlist wouldve been.

PS I got that information from setlist.fm, my bad!

also newcastle was when I made my first warioloaf channel back in 2007 and it happened right after i joined here. warioloaf youtube channel evolved after I thought meat was gonna be done for good.

look how far things have come.

Julie in the rv mirror
22 Mar 2015, 01:04
I got that information from setlist.fm
That was your problem, right there.

Evil One
22 Mar 2015, 12:33
Setlist.fm is like Wikipedia. Any numpty can edit it.

tonyloaf
23 Mar 2015, 15:52
and more rocking! to come!!