PDA

View Full Version : Neil. The Flying Mouse.

AndyK
07 Feb 2015, 21:17
It's with much sadness that I have to write this to tell you all that Neil passed away this afternoon.

Neil will be missed by everyone who met him either online or in person.

suzieq
07 Feb 2015, 21:19
Terribly sad. :( My deepest sympathies to his family, friends, and Westie community, and ML community.

Sebastian.
07 Feb 2015, 21:20
Really sad news. The community has lost such a great person. He was so supportive of me, and all those around him.

Rest is peace, Neil. I salute you.

JennaG
07 Feb 2015, 21:21
Rest in Peace Neil.

It was a pleasure to meet you after Meat's Cardiff concert and just get to know a little bit about you.

xxx

nikox1
07 Feb 2015, 21:25
Very sad news R.I.P., Godbless

Monstro
07 Feb 2015, 21:34
Terrible news. My thoughts are with Jo, Mummy Mouse and the rest of his family.

R.I.P dude

CarylB
07 Feb 2015, 21:36
Such sad and shocking news. Neil was such a lovely person, gentle, fun, and a good hearted person. He will be missed by so many people, but my heart goes out to Joanne, who must be in such profound shock, and who will miss so deeply one of the best.

To meet Neil was to smile .. a good legacy, always fondly remembered

Caryl xx

R.
07 Feb 2015, 21:37
This is terrible news. I'm shocked.

Farewell and rest in peace, Neil.

cujo
07 Feb 2015, 21:38
Terrible news. Neil will be greatly missed. Thoughts are with Joanne and the family at this terrible time

ninja
07 Feb 2015, 21:46
Very sad news. He was such a great person and will be very missed. My heart goes out to Joanne, the rest of his family, friends and his much loved Scoobie Doo. RIP

tonyloaf
07 Feb 2015, 21:58
So sorry to hear this news. Love to the family.

Keep it rocking up there buddy

Chris
07 Feb 2015, 22:00
I'm absolutely stunned.

My thoughts are with Jo, MummyMouse and the rest of the family tonight.
RIP mate.

PanicLord
07 Feb 2015, 22:11
So sad to hear. My sincerest condolences.

Adje
07 Feb 2015, 22:11
Oh no. What terrible news. I whish his family and close ones all the strength in the World.

Vickip
07 Feb 2015, 22:12
I'm sorry to hear this :( May he RIP ... his entire family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ankie
I'm stunned, such terrible news.

My thoughts are with his loved ones.

Rest in peace, dear Neil. It was a pleasure knowing you.

Yevonda
Very sad to hear this. I never met you Neil but you were a cool friend to have on this forum and on fb. Raise a little hell up there and keep them all rockin on their feet!

Sue K
07 Feb 2015, 22:26
This was such shocking and sad news. Words are difficult to find... My heart is with Joanne, their four-legged fuzzy child... and all their family and friends... I never met Mousie ... but he just seemed such a kind-hearted soul ... and very passionate about Meat and Meat's music... and of course.. his Westies ... You'll always be Mousie to my tink... xo

LucyK!
07 Feb 2015, 22:48
Shocking and sad news indeed.

Neil's been a constant and loyal member of MLUKFC since I can remember and never failed to wear our logo with pride.

I'm pretty sure he'll already be up there setting that karaoke machine up, give 'em all you've got!! X

tinkerbell
07 Feb 2015, 23:01
So sad to hear. Deepest condolences to Joanne and family circle.

Gez
07 Feb 2015, 23:11
Shocked, stunned and saddened. RIP Neil

Julie in the rv mirror
07 Feb 2015, 23:22
Such awful news. My heart goes out to his family and friends. R.I.P., Mouse. :(

MeatGrl1
07 Feb 2015, 23:26
Such sad news.
Condolences to his friends and family at this sad time xx

melon
08 Feb 2015, 00:37
This makes me so sad, RIP Mouse. So glad that I got the chance to meet you.

Joanne and Scoobie are in my thoughts.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

christa
08 Feb 2015, 00:46
such sad news. RIP Neil. xx

stretch37
08 Feb 2015, 00:48
:( :( R.I.P Neil. I am so saddened and shocked. Much strength to Jo and the rest of his family at this very difficult time. XOXOXO

AndrewG
08 Feb 2015, 01:11
Shocked to read this. Deepest condolences to Jo and family. He will be missed tremendously, also on mlukfc where he always had a lot to say and probably had the most balanced points of view of everyone around.

dottie
08 Feb 2015, 01:15
So shocked - cannot believe this. Love and Hugs to Joanne xxxx

duke knooby
08 Feb 2015, 02:01
sad and shocking news

words fail me

Im glad I got to meet Neil, he was a fantastic person.

love and best wishes to Jo and the rest of the family

samurai7
08 Feb 2015, 02:41
Just got in from my gig to read this.
Sleep well mate.

Evil Ernie
08 Feb 2015, 03:21
Wow, 38 years old is way too young.

There is nothing good that you can say about this.

SW31
08 Feb 2015, 03:52
sad sad news R.I.P neil our thoughts & prays are with jo & family

Dick
08 Feb 2015, 03:57
Terrible news. So shocking

Wario
08 Feb 2015, 05:44
This is absolutely what I did not want to see.
Im very sad.

I wouldve given anything to meet Neil in person, deeply considering getting a plane to the Uk for his funeral if i can.

This is so sad he will be deeply missed.

Keep Rocking Neil. Heaven can wait.

greg
08 Feb 2015, 06:17
This is so sad i thought the world of Neil in a state of shock my thoughts are with Jo and family x

Tina.K.
08 Feb 2015, 08:01
I'm totally shocked, no words for this.

People who love animals are angels. Now another angel has gone to heaven.

My truely condolances to Joanne and Scooby.

Meat Loaf_fan
08 Feb 2015, 09:51
RIP Neil. Condolences to his family and friends.

Keep Rocking
08 Feb 2015, 11:32
very sad news. And way to early for you to go Neil.
Rest in peace

Feleena
08 Feb 2015, 11:48
Very sad news rest in peace Mousie love to Jo xxx

chairboys
08 Feb 2015, 12:46
So sad to hear this news. My thoughts to Jo and all his family.

NightAngel
08 Feb 2015, 13:41
I did not know Neil personally but have seen his posts amongst the Meat Loaf community..this is a saddening loss. Too young to leave this earth. My thoughts are with his wife and family. RIP Neil.

anotherday
08 Feb 2015, 19:51
OH MY WORD :'(

lorenzoduke
08 Feb 2015, 19:58
My sincerest of condolences to all of Neil's loved ones. Truly sad news.

Sarge
08 Feb 2015, 20:17
Received the sad news today, can hardly believe that Mouse is gone. I never met him but he came across as a very smart, rational, likable person on the forum. He was a significant part of this community. You will not be forgotten, Mouse.

Pudding
09 Feb 2015, 00:57
Heard the news today, very sad to hear...RIP Neil

nozza
09 Feb 2015, 10:17
Thinking of Niel's family at this sad time .

roomster
09 Feb 2015, 11:09
Very, very sad and terrible news :cry:

You'll be highly missed.

Rest in peace Neil.

emma811981
09 Feb 2015, 12:08
R I P Niel such sad news

Elijah's way
09 Feb 2015, 15:17
RIP sir! Praying for family and friends.

firefly
10 Feb 2015, 02:49
Was such a shock when I heard, Neil was a lovely and friendly man to everyone, even in their hour of need if they needed to speak to someone he was there. Rip Neil. Love you and miss you. Prayers to Joanne and family. X xx Rock with the angels. Xxx

S.
10 Feb 2015, 18:13
Cannot believe this. he was such a lovely guy.
Deepest sympathy to his family.
R.I.P. Neil x

sexyeyes_jo
10 Feb 2015, 22:17
A big Thank you to everyone on here and on fb it wasn't a heart attack that killed Neil we won't find out until Wednesday. for those who want to come to the funeral I will let everyone on here and fb when it is. as you all can imagine that I am very heart broken about Neil not only he was my wonderful husband he was also my best friend.

I would like to say a big Thank you to my wonderful Husband for all the happy years me and Neil were together.

you will always be in my heart and I will never stop loving you Neil.
Sleep tight Neil until we meet again
all my love as always
Jo
xxxx

Wario
11 Feb 2015, 01:07
A big Thank you to everyone on here and on fb it wasn't a heart attack that killed Neil we won't find out until Wednesday. for those who want to come to the funeral I will let everyone on here and fb when it is. as you all can imagine that I am very heart broken about Neil not only he was my wonderful husband he was also my best friend.

I would like to say a big Thank you to my wonderful Husband for all the happy years me and Neil were together.

all my love as always
Jo
xxxx

Much sympathy Jo.

I kind of thought a heart attack was very unusual for someone so young. I hope you find the answers your looking for

AndyK
12 Feb 2015, 15:02
Jo has asked that I post the details for Neil's funeral, it will be held next Friday, Feb 20th at 11.30 am at Anfield Crematorium
238, Priory Road, Liverpool,
L4 2SL

For any who would like to attend.

Andy

CarylB
12 Feb 2015, 15:09
I will not be able to attend, as I suspect will be the case for many here who were shocked and greatly saddened by Neil's sudden death. I had wondered about sending flowers and if others would like to contribute .. but perhaps given Neil's love for Westies and his work for Westie Rescue, if people might like to send a donation in his name to the Trust he worked so hard for?

We would be happy to set up a page whereby people could send donations via Paypal, and send this to the Trust in memory of Neil, if that would appeal.

Tina.K.
12 Feb 2015, 16:27
That is such a good idea, Caryl!

AndyK
12 Feb 2015, 16:56
Sorry, should have said that I'm waiting on confirmation regarding flowers/donations etc. As soon as I have that we'll work with Caryl to set something appropriate up.

sexyeyes_jo
12 Feb 2015, 23:16
just to let everone know that Neil's funeral is on the 20th of Feb 11:30am at anfield crem in priory road not yet sure where the wake is going to be will let you know as soon as I know those who want to come are more than welcome

dottie
13 Feb 2015, 16:36
Excellent thought Caryl...

Tina.K.
13 Feb 2015, 22:50
By the way, is there anybody who has informed or can inform Fireball about Neil? Fireball has not been on this forum for a long time so I guess he won't read personal messages via this forum. But maybe someone has another private e-mail adress (or maybe can inform Frances or the management)?

CarylB
13 Feb 2015, 23:32
By the way, is there anybody who has informed or can inform Fireball about Neil? Fireball has not been on this forum for a long time so I guess he won't read personal messages via this forum. But maybe someone has another private e-mail adress (or maybe can inform Frances or the management)?

Yes, I did the day we heard

sexyeyes_jo
16 Feb 2015, 20:16
for those who are coming to Neil's funeral we are having the wake in the clubmoor hotel in Townsend lane to celebrate Neil's Life those who would like to come and have a few drinks for Neil are more than welcome to come.

greg
20 Feb 2015, 15:04

all my love as always
Jo
xxxx

greg
20 Feb 2015, 15:06
thinking of. Neil today at very sad time playing heaven can wait x x

greg
20 Feb 2015, 15:08
thinking of our mate Neil and family today playing heaven can wait x x

LucyK!
20 Feb 2015, 15:15
A very sad but lovely, very moving morning.

The service was hard but beautifully done and we left Neil to the sound of Bat ringing out as I'm sure he'd have wanted.

It was an amazing turnout, plenty of laughter and the beer's flowing. I hope we all did you proud today x

AndrewG
20 Feb 2015, 18:09
Good to hear Bat was played for him in his memory.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Thinking of Neil today, Jo, the rest of his family and his friends. Would have been impossible to have been there due to circumstances but will make a donation on the justgiving page now.

LucyK!
20 Feb 2015, 19:51
I don't want to be on here writing a review of today but just another detail that I'm sure will make you all smile...

Never in my days have I ever seen so many red scarves and handkerchiefs. Brilliant!

Sebastian.
20 Feb 2015, 20:02
We said goodbye to a great person today. Although I could not be there, my thoughts were there all day. Rock on Neil, and farewell.

Tina.K.
20 Feb 2015, 20:58
Have been thinking about Neil and his beloved ones on this sad day. Wishing them all the strength.

Rest in peace, Neil, you will be missed a lot.

tonyloaf
20 Feb 2015, 21:20
once again shows how MLUKFC is a big family x

Gez
20 Feb 2015, 22:01
Thinking today of Neil and hope he knew how we all thought of him and how we will be missed when this wee family meet up again :(

melon
21 Feb 2015, 08:21
Have been thinking of this all day. I wish it could have been possible for me to get there, I'm sure he was sent off well.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

hayley
21 Feb 2015, 21:52
such sad news :( RIP Neil x

greg
21 Feb 2015, 23:03
i read Jo said on here it was not a heart attack . any news what took a very special Neil life x

LisaT
22 Feb 2015, 03:03

Yes, I did the day we heard

Did you get a reply, Caryl?

stretch37
22 Feb 2015, 06:03
Did you get a reply, Caryl?

I know Meat will reply as soon as he can. I'm just glad there was a way to let him know. I'm sure he will be very upset :(

CarylB
23 Feb 2015, 04:04
Yes. I wrote to Meat because he's not been visiting the forum here, but I didn't seek or expect him to send me a reply to be posted. Enough that he knows and will have been saddened I think.

Wario
23 Feb 2015, 23:10
How many times did Neil meet Meat and know him?

Ollie241189
24 Feb 2015, 12:32
I think I spoke to Neil once or twice on here. I didn't get a chance to meet him like so many of you did. May he rest in peace.