PDA

View Full Version : Caleb Johnson

anotherday
26 Jun 2014, 23:32
Did anyone else see the title of his album???

TESTIFY!

made me SMILE and think of CHSIB which was originally supposed to be called Testify!!!!!

Evil Ernie
29 Jun 2014, 22:22
I never heard of him before this post, but after googling pictures of him, the title of his album and one of the writers, I have to come to the conclusion that he's trying to be Meat Loaf.

wolfy35
29 Jun 2014, 23:18
If memory serves me right CHSIB was renamed because the evil one sometimes known as Phil Collins snuck in and used the title on an album that was released just before the scheduled date of CHSIB

anotherday
30 Jun 2014, 02:19
I never heard of him before this post, but after googling pictures of him, the title of his album and one of the writers, I have to come to the conclusion that he's trying to be Meat Loaf.

He won American idol this year. He's not trying to be meat loaf.

CarylB
30 Jun 2014, 02:25

I agree .. although how much that's due to American Idol pushing him down that path and how much it would be his choice is an imponderable. All these shows mould the singers in the way they think will best enable them to capitalise on as grist to their mill. I don't think he looks startlingly like Meat when they don't dress him up like him, and his voice imo is not like Meat's when he was recording the songs they gave him to sing either .. none of the resonance, none of the vibrato. But it was clearly an effective PR tool .. so many stories about a new or young Meat Loaf, suggestions he is a dead ringer, could be Meat's son etc etc Whether he really wants to be "Meat Loaf" or not .. they are pushing this for all it's worth, rather than grooming him and helping him develop his own style.

The Flying Mouse
30 Jun 2014, 07:13
:twisted: Wasn't the original original title going to be Funhouse?

Evil One
30 Jun 2014, 07:48
If memory serves me right CHSIB was renamed because the evil one sometimes known as Phil Collins snuck in and used the title on an album that was released just before the scheduled date of CHSIBI don't recall being in Genesis. :shock:

Monstro
30 Jun 2014, 09:28
I don't recall being in Genesis. :shock:

Don't think there's a book in the bible you aren't mentioned in ;)

Evil Ernie
01 Jul 2014, 02:19
I don't recall being in Genesis. :shock:

Don't think there's a book in the bible you aren't mentioned in ;)

Evil One? Mentioned in every book in the Bible? Must be talking about Yaweh.

He won American idol this year. He's not trying to be meat loaf.

This would be a good reason why I've never heard of him. Is that horrible show still on?