PDA

View Full Version : Wots dis?

R.
05 Feb 2001, 17:49
Huh? Off Topic?
Clueless?

Ok. Read carefully.

Imho, this is a problem of every other messageboard on the WWW. Every webmaster carefully designs his messageboard, sets up some useful categories in order to keep the board tidy and then ... a whole bunch of posters comes along and ... you're right: they don't care about these categories and post wherever they like. Now, don't get me wrong - the board's still tidy because you (the posters) do care about the different categories.

But, on the other hand I wanted to post some messages but i just didn't know where to put them. And that's the main reason for this board, another ego-trip of R. the webmaster ;).

No, it isn't.
Honestly :)), I want you to use this area to post all your off topic blurb on topic here. Tell the world how fantastic your 'special on topic off topic' is. Post it. This is the place were it should be. It really doesn't matter, if Meat's involved with your post or not. As long as you post according to our <a href="/board/do.htm">Please Do</a> and <a href="/board/dont.htm">Please Don't</a> rules, every post is appreciated. Start <b>fun threads</b>, rant about your last speeding ticket or show us interesting or weird websites. Life's a big soap opera (errm ... sometimes) - let the MLUKFC community be a part of it.

Have fun (lol),
R.
:))

Chris
14 Jun 2003, 23:38
rant about your last speeding ticket

Well I was bored so thought I would read back to some of the earlier posts while I wait for a phone call when i found this.

Now I would ahte to disobey the great webmaster so:

I got doen for speeding not so long ago. I was on the motorway where thye are doing some roadworks so the speed limit is reduced to 50mph.

I got cought by a fixed camera doing 54mph in this zone. At half past eleven int he evening. When i was the only car on the motorway.

For this mild transgression I got £60 and 3 points!!!!!!

On a related note, there has been a lot of coverage in the UK press altely about how the police are putting more resources into catching speeding drivers than other criminals as they recieve a cut of any speed fines. In one village, the police put up a big sign basically saying in the last 12 months we have caught 2000 speeders. underneath the sign some local wag had put up another sign. In the last 12 months the police have caught 0 thieves!!

Just thought I would ahve a mini rant!! :x :x :x

tukayaway
15 Jun 2003, 01:58
I received a parking ticket on Friday :x

I was at the doctors and there were no parking spaces. But because someone had parked in the middle of two, I parked to the side of it. I was half in the space and not obstructing anything else. I come out later to find a sodding ticket. £30 fine and I'm seriously annoyed for the rest of the day. :evil:

The car was still there covering two spaces. :evil:

sherrie87
15 Jun 2003, 02:21
I have not received a speeding ticket in 10 years and 2 weeks! I know this because I got my last speeding ticket on my 24th birthday, which also happened to be exactly 1 week before my wedding. I mentioned both of these joyous events to the officer (Soto was his surname, why do I remember this?) but he didn't seem to share my joy and politely gave me at $50 ticket for going 37 MPH in a 25 zone. :lol: Hopefully I am not jinxing myself my noting how long it has been since my last one- I don't want another one any time soon!

Sherrie