PDA

View Full Version : September 11

CarylB
11 Sep 2013, 14:19
There is not enough darkness in the world to put out the light of one candle. Light one here in memory of all those who lost their lives or a loved one on 11 September, and for all those who have perished at the hands of terrorists over the years:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd173/CarylBurton/candle_zps5431bc26.gif

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=9%2F11

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning
We will remember them

Dave
11 Sep 2013, 16:27
My thoughts and prayers go to the families of the thousands lost so many years ago...but my prayers are also with the Benghazi Four.....two terrible tragedies one dark day in my country's history.

wolfy35
11 Sep 2013, 17:32
I was in the US on Sept 11 2001 as part of an army exchange program. I was at Camp Grayling, Michigan & the thing that will live with and forever haunt me is not the horrible images we now all know of the attacks but the feeling of utter devastation and shock that came over the army base and everyone else I met while there.

Yevonda
11 Sep 2013, 21:46
I will never forget that day. As you say Wolfy with regard to what will haunt you forever, it isn't the pictures or the videos that we have all seen. It is the pure not knowing what the hell just happened or what the hell is going on.

I was working and going to junior college and I will never forget going to school in the morning not knowing who was behind all of this. It made me suspicious of everyone! I will never forget that feeling. After school I went to go donate blood before my shift at work. The line to donate was wrapped around the building. They had to turn half of the people away because they had no place to store all of the blood that had already been donated. That is also something I will never forget. The horror of what happened yet every single person in every single community across the world came together to help in anyway they could!! I hope I never forget that feeling!!