PDA

View Full Version : MSO Re-Release

JennaG
24 Jun 2013, 12:07
I had an email this morning from Amazon inviting me to pre-order the MSO DVD for £6.60 and when I clicked on the link it brought up a 1st July release date.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CBJ7VXW/ref=pe_3511_37414691_snp_dp

It looks to me like it's just a re-release of exactly the same product but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.

melon
24 Jun 2013, 12:58
Thanks Jenna

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

Wario
24 Jun 2013, 16:24
Maybe the audio's remastered?

Evil One
24 Jun 2013, 16:38
For 6 quid?

Elijah's way
25 Jun 2013, 03:37
I wish it would get a blu ray release

Wario
25 Jun 2013, 03:57
I wish it would get a blu ray release

Even though it wasnt shot in HD The sound at least had some definition.

AndrewG
25 Jun 2013, 10:57
Even though it wasnt shot in HD.
How do you know?

Wario
25 Jun 2013, 20:15
How do you know?

I thought someone on here said they used SD Cameras...

stretch37
26 Jun 2013, 01:10
it looks fine for the era it came out in. DVD quality is good (better picture than GPT imo) and as far as the sound, it may not be HD 7.1 audio but Meat's performance is my favorite. I wish the new dvd had been shot during the hang cool tour....many of the HC youtubes have so many phenominal vocals...I'd pay a pretty penny to hear those in HD :D :D

Jayd
26 Jun 2013, 01:16
it looks fine for the era it came out in. DVD quality is good (better picture than GPT imo) and as far as the sound, it may not be HD 7.1 audio but Meat's performance is my favorite. I wish the new dvd had been shot during the hang cool tour....many of the HC youtubes have so many phenominal vocals...I'd pay a pretty penny to hear those in HD :D :D

Both picture and audio are easily able to be converted for HD, IF the job is done properly, but the problem is, is the market out there to spend that money on a conversion, I very much doubt it. I would love this on Blu-Ray but can never see that happening

Adje
26 Jun 2013, 03:10
(better picture than GPT imo)

Yeah, but that wasn't hard to accomplish. I have VHS tapes with better picture quality :twisted::lol:

But as Jayd said
Even if the concert was recorded with SD cameras, an upgrade would look much better than a DVD release. But who's going to spend money on an upgrade for a 10 year old concert of an artist that is still (very) alive? (and to clarify, I don't want or wish Meat to die soon) :|

No matter how much I would want a BluRay release of this, it's very unlikely to happen