PDA

View Full Version : Sitting Here !!

Fire Ball
23 May 2013, 01:33
I'm in Manchester , in my room where I always am when not on a plane, bus or Dressing room when on tour . Always by myself . Except Frances IS always there even though I never see her or anyone .( I am going to see Star trek with Paul tomorrow, afternoon.)( Front page news) She is So great but then again so is the band and crew . It is a very strange day . It is the end of one era. Just getting on a different Highway . Did you know the first show we did in the UK was at the Manchester Apollo in 1978 , after we did "old Grey Whistle test" Then we went to London and played Hammersmith. "The NME REVIEW of the London show the next day was a 2 page headline "FAT OUT OF HELL" ACROSS 2 PAGES. I bet that guy is bald and out weighs me now by 6 stone now lol . His review, I don't remember him every talking about the music just about what we were all wearing and how big I was!! He called us "the worst band in the entire world". Which from that one line we got more press than you could imagine. When played Central Park in 1978 to the largest crowd they had have ever had ( at that time) There was more press from all over the world because of the NME review. ( so Thank You NME) Don't know what my point is here I just feel very strange. I know at times On this site , I have gotten angry, said things I should have never said to some of you ! Please except my apology .
I guess I just want you to know I know where my real friends are and I really love you all !! I guess this is my way of saying THANK YOU SO MUCH !! by the way . They are giving Jimmy a doctorate/degree from Amherst this week. I joked with him ater Nottingham I got an Honorary degree from Middle
Tennessee State College. I guess there was no point to all this except to say I love you !!
Meat

Wario
23 May 2013, 01:36
awesome meat thats freaking fantastic. You should be in the third star trek movie! Youd be a great villain and could get you an oscar!

Sebastian.
23 May 2013, 01:38
No thank you Meat! You've been awesome.

Fire Ball
My Oscar is coming , or at least a Nom. 2019 is the year !! I got money on it "2 dollars Canadian"
M

awesome meat thats freaking fantastic. You should be in the third star trek movie! Youd be a great villain and could get you an oscar!

Vickip
I'm in Manchester , in my room where I always am when not on a plane, bus or Dressing room when on tour . Always by myself . Except Frances IS always there even though I never see her or anyone .( I am going to see Star trek with Paul tomorrow, afternoon.)( Front page news) She is So great but then again so is the band and crew . It is a very strange day . It is the end of one era. Just getting on a different Highway . Did you know the first show we did in the UK was at the Manchester Apollo in 1978 , after we did "old Grey Whistle test" Then we went to London and played Hammersmith. "The NME REVIEW of the London show the next day was a 2 page headline "FAT OUT OF HELL" ACROSS 2 PAGES. I bet that guy is bald and out weighs me now by 6 stone now lol . His review, I don't remember him every talking about the music just about what we were all wearing and how big I was!! He called us "the worst band in the entire world". Which from that one line we got more press than you could imagine. When played Central Park in 1978 to the largest crowd they had have ever had ( at that time) There was more press from all over the world because of the NME review. ( so Thank You NME) Don't know what my point is here I just feel very strange. I know at times On this site , I have gotten angry, said things I should have never said to some of you ! Please except my apology .
I guess I just want you to know I know where my real friends are and I really love you all !! I guess this is my way of saying THANK YOU SO MUCH !! by the way . They are giving Jimmy a doctorate/degree from Amherst this week. I joked with him ater Nottingham I got an Honorary degree from Middle
Tennessee State College. I guess there was no point to all this except to say I love you !!
Meat

What a great post :D And all I can say is I love you too Meat :heart: Can't wait to see you again when you come back to the US !

Wario
23 May 2013, 01:40
My Oscar is coming , or at least a Nom. 2019 is the year !! I got money on it "2 dollars Canadian"
M

Maybe perform Masculine at the 2019 Oscars? :lol:

melon
23 May 2013, 01:41
Aw Meat, personally, no need to apologise to me, but if it means anything to you, it's accepted :)

Star Trek - BRILLIANT movie, I loved it.

I'm feeling very odd too, hard to say how, and would be totally different to you. Very emotional.

Thanks for giving me the time of my life doing what you do Meat :)

See you on Saturday...

Tregaye
Aww Meat, we love you too! Saturday is going to be so emotional for you all, I am sure it will be fantastic. Enjoy Star Trek, wish I could come!!

Vickip

:lmao:

DJLeen
23 May 2013, 01:43
Meat

Love you too Meat !! :heart: Will be there in Manchester next saturday!!!

JennaG
23 May 2013, 01:44
Don't know what my point is here I just feel very strange. I know at times On this site , I have gotten angry, said things I should have never said to some of you ! Please except my apology .
Meat

Aaaw Meat, we love you too. :heart:

We all say things that we regret occasionally but true friends are there for us, through thick and thin because that is what friends do.

Enjoy your film tomorrow. :D

Vickip
23 May 2013, 01:45
Aaaw Meat, we love you too. :heart:

We all say things that we regret occasionally but true friends are there for us, through thick and thin because that is what friends do.

Enjoy your film tomorrow. :D

:up:

LucyK!
23 May 2013, 01:46
It is the end of one era...

OK, we've got to stop this until after Saturday otherwise we're all going to be a mess!

suzieq
23 May 2013, 01:46
Meat,

It's just evident that you love your fans so much. Thanks for being so accessible and candid here. No matter what you had to post, you certainly will always have a loyal audience here. Friends, yes, for sure.

:heart: ya right back,
Suzanne

Sebastian.
23 May 2013, 01:47
If you want you can come to Alton Towers with Mel and me on Friday. New rides just opened...

suzieq
23 May 2013, 01:51
Afterthought: Congrats to Jimmy!

CarylB
23 May 2013, 01:52
It is a very strange day . It is the end of one era. Just getting on a different Highway .........
I guess I just want you to know I know where my real friends are and I really love you all !! I guess this is my way of saying THANK YOU SO MUCH !! by the way ................. I guess there was no point to all this except to say I love you !!
Meat

Strange days for us too .. and a highway we want to stay on with you Meat :-) I'm reminded of the woman who'd seen you for the first time at Cardiff this tour and said "I've never seen and felt such a wall of love coming from all round an arena all aimed at one man standing on a stage!!"

I replied "And you'll never have seen such a wall of love coming from one man on stage aimed at those who follow him!"

There's always a point in saying "I love you!!" :-) So ... backatcha to the power of 10 ;)

Caryl xx

JennaG
23 May 2013, 01:52
OK, we've got to stop this until after Saturday otherwise we're all going to be a mess!

Too late, I'm there already. :(

(I'm really having to fight these tears back now)

Adje
23 May 2013, 01:53
Thanks for the kind words...

still, every now and then we need to kick your butt. You know... just because...

:twisted::lol:

roomster
23 May 2013, 01:54
... I guess there was no point to all this except to say I love you !!
Meat

And we love YOU! :heart: :heart: :heart:

CarylB
23 May 2013, 01:54

Not sure I can take 2 wtf moments in a single hour!! :lmao:

melon
23 May 2013, 01:55
If you want you can come to Alton Towers with Mel and me on Friday. New rides just opened...

We'll look after you Meat :twisted:

Afterthought: Congrats to Jimmy!

Yes, congrats Jim :)

tonyloaf
23 May 2013, 01:55
Meat, Thank you!! You have given me the time of my life on your tours , and this tour is one that will live on forever! I look forward to the meet and greet on sat.
Somehow for me to say thank you doesn't feel enough but I mean it THANK YOU.

Watch out at the Cinema , popcorn very expensive :)

Battybarb
23 May 2013, 02:02
thank you Meat for every brilliant concert that I have been to over the years and am really looking forward to Manchester on Saturday

Netty
23 May 2013, 02:03
such a sweet thoughts dear Meat, i feel like crying all week and now i read this post and i think i'm done :cry:, i only wish i could be there with you on saturday, love You always :heart:

Netty

AndrewG
23 May 2013, 02:04
Have said stupid things on here as well, made senseless remarks about things and picked stupid fights with people so I can relate to that. Also I think it was R. who pointed out a while ago how negative reviews can come across when you are on the receiving end. He posted all those bad words about a show or song or album you did (sorry can't remember specifics) in one long post and bloody hell it actually seemed so fricking hurtful that it started a change in my tactic and approach to this forum and how to post my opinions (it has taking me time to adapt but at the same time not kiss ass and still post what I think is my valid opinion). Still learning!

I think I learned from it all and getting married last year really calmed me down as well and actually became a happier person. I always knew that even in the hottest debates and posts you were our real friend and loved us no matter what you or anyone would write. It's a shame a few couldn't quite see that at the time I guess but you convinced pretty much everyone I think!

So much love from me to you too! For everything so far and beyond! And I'm looking forward to Saturday!

Great news about Jim Steinman.

AndrewG
23 May 2013, 02:14

Wasn't that a ride on which some celebrities got stuck? I'm sure I read that somewhere. :shock:

Sebastian.
23 May 2013, 02:16
Wasn't that a ride on which some celebrities got stuck? I'm sure I read that somewhere. :shock:

Oh bollocks! They're not opening the Smiler this week :(.

ice
23 May 2013, 02:17
M

As a Canadian,Meat..I'm here chuckling about the ''Two-onie''...thanks for the chuckle. :roll:

anotherday
23 May 2013, 02:18
Awe MEAT...Thank YOU for everything you've done for US. I love you. I so hope to see you again

Ollie241189
23 May 2013, 02:39
Meat

Meat, thank YOU very much for the dedication and loyalty to each and every single one of us, whether we've met you, e-mailed you, messaged you etc! But regardless, we all love you with all our hearts and I only have one wish... That is they ever invent a time machine, I would go back in time and follow your amazing career from start to finish as I have sadly caught the end of your touring career!
But my REAL one wish is that no matter what you do, I wish you every success in every aspect of it! And dont be a stranger on here or to the UK! (And yes I cried in Birmingham and Nottingham and I'm crying like a good one right now!!! )

Evil Ernie
23 May 2013, 02:39
From what I have heard it's best to avoid reviews at any point in your career. Whether it be as an entertainer or an athlete.

Keep your head up Meat. Just go out there and lay it on the line. If your best isn't good enough for them, screw em'.

Vickip
23 May 2013, 02:46
Meat, thank YOU very much for the dedication and loyalty to each and every single one of us, whether we've met you, e-mailed you, messaged you etc! But regardless, we all love you with all our hearts and I only have one wish... That is they ever invent a time machine, I would go back in time and follow your amazing career from start to finish as I have sadly caught the end of your touring career!
But my REAL one wish is that no matter what you do, I wish you every success in every aspect of it! And dont be a stranger on here or to the UK! (And yes I cried in Birmingham and Nottingham and I'm crying like a good one right now!!! )

Is there any chance you'd be able to fly over for Vegas, Ollie ? I really would love to meet you :D

melon
23 May 2013, 03:05
You could have come to the UK?

There's still time.

nikox1
23 May 2013, 03:13
Thanks for the kind words Meat. I think we are all feeling bittersweet in a way, what can I add to what everybody else has said? It's been a journey and adventure. The last time I seen you, you walked off the stage with a smile and a huge crowd on their feet cheering you on, that's the way I will always remember you. Good luck in the future Meat and don't ever ever ever stop rocking!!!! ( just had to, sorry ).

Vickip
23 May 2013, 03:30
You could have come to the UK?

There's still time.

I wish I could have Mel because I would have loved to meet everybody :( But I was recovering from major surgery,
and now it's our busy time at the store. C'est la vie ... fingers crossed the shows in Vegas will work out for the fall :-)

Vickip
23 May 2013, 04:05
It is a very strange day . It is the end of one era. Just getting on a different Highway .
Meat

Meat, I know you'll have a full plate when you return back to the USA, so I understand completely that you won't be able to do
any shows here in July :-) And I'm looking forward to the possibility of seeing you in Vegas in the fall.

But is there a possibility that we'll be able to see the Last At Bat Tour at the Beacon Theatre (or anywhere else) next year :??:
Sadly I couldn't make it to the UK and I would love the opportunity to see this amazing show for myself just once.

lorenzoduke
23 May 2013, 04:14
I've said many times both publicly, to friends and so on that Meat is the artist/singer/entertainer who means the most to me in the world and I've explained why until my friends are sick of hearing. It all comes down to heart, raw effort and willing to try.

When I saw Meat's show in Sheffield last month, I spent the following night telling a friend of mine how wonderful it was, how much he killed it, how beautiful Heaven Can Wait was, how he was still unbeatable twenty years after I first saw him. She laughed - she'd heard it all before, but she still indulged me.

The next day I had a job interview. They asked me all the standard questions you'd expect, and then... 'Who's your role model?' - well, you can guess the rest. It'd be a better story if I'd got the damn job but c'est la vie.

There's been times when I've got angry or pissy about this forum too. All I can do is remember what Meat says about 'bringing out the passion'. Thanks to you Meat and thanks to this forum for giving us such a rare opportunity to discourse with you and each other. Good luck for Manchester, I'll be thinking of you and all you MLUKFCers there, give him an extra cheer for me.

Fire Ball
23 May 2013, 05:40
LOL

Deena J
23 May 2013, 06:39
I haven't posted in a while. So HEY Y'ALL. Actually I should be asleep (almost 11:00 PM and I have to get up at 4:00). But I read this whole thread and couldn't resist saying SOMETHING at least...

Love & hugs back to ya, Meat! Between you and us, we are all just one big crazy (sometimes outrageous) family here. ;) LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yevonda
23 May 2013, 07:24
Meat

Meat you are hands down one of the coolest dudes ever. You are genuine, you care about your fans, you stand up and by what you believe in. You really are an inspiration to so many people.

I think we as your fans are all in the same boat as you. We are all feeling a little strange knowing that an era is coming to a close. I knew it was your farewell tour but I guess it really didn't hit until now after reading your post.

I have friends that do not really understand your music so they don't understand why I am such a big fan. Aside from the fact that you are a phenomenal artist it is becuase of this post right here that I am a fan. Being a fan of yours has a lot to do with your music but more so, it has to do with you and the type of man you are. You have always taken care of us and we will always be there to take care of you.

I guess the point I am trying to make (to steal your line) is, I love you too and Thank you and your family for giving us so many years of your life.

Sabine
23 May 2013, 08:04
Thank you for this post Meat. Thank you for all these wonderful years with you, the great Shows, the films and all the other things.
We love you so much, thank you!!

Sabine

Gez
23 May 2013, 09:51
Yeah, thanx for an amazing time Meat, you've been fantastic at the three M&Gs I've been to this tour.
My wee girl Emma won't shut up since Newcastle and same with my wife when we met you in Berlin.
Btw, if you remember, my wife wasn't fat but pregnant but was too shy to say....ahhh, so if you've got free time you could always take up knitting :)
A wee knitted top from Meat Loaf would be fab lol ;)

Tina.K.
23 May 2013, 10:13
Well thank you Mister Loaf!! Now you've made me cry again, just like you did at Zwolle! :wall:

If you'd like to get a new career, you should be a psychologist or mental coach to get all the stucked rubbish out of people. You would do excellent and will get a degree for that you can show to Jimmy! LOL

Meat, you're a fantastic person! We all love you very much too!!!!

:heart::heart::heart:

PanicLord
23 May 2013, 10:15
LOL

Hehe Meat, please don't encourage Wario ;)

PanicLord
23 May 2013, 10:26
Meat, beautiful message, I bet it does feel odd to keep thinking "that's the last time I'll play here". Remember all the good times and know that you are going out on a high and on a wave of love.

In the UK, as I'm sure is the case elsewhere, whenever you make an appearance or do an interview, you are always referred to as a legend. Having bought all your albums, seen you perform, watched you on tv and in films, seen the great work you do for charity, and been in contact through this site, I can honestly say the epithet is thoroughly deserved.

Legends go on forever.

All the love and thanks in the world, Simon.

madonna123968848
23 May 2013, 10:31
Hey Meat, eek, I am getting sad for Manchester! Although I shall be seeing you at Ladies Day in Newbury again (in my dress and high heels!). Thanks for so many happy nights in various arena's, you have helped me through many difficult times. Always be here for you my friend, as I am sure all the fans on this site will be. Keep well and I hope you are happy Meat. Thanks also for putting together the best band in the world :) Take care, Samantha xx

meat_loaf
23 May 2013, 10:37
I love you meat and reading this post has brought a tear to my eye you are truly the greatest inspiration in my life. and for that I LOVE YOU, for making me smile when I needed it the most you know I LOVE YOU.

AndrewG
23 May 2013, 11:12
Thanks also for putting together one of the best bands in the world :)

One of the best? :)) THE Best! ;-)

madonna123968848
23 May 2013, 11:28
One of the best? :)) THE Best! ;-)

Edited!!! ;)

carole
23 May 2013, 11:37
Meat

Oh Meat, you are such a sweetheart, the feeling it totally mutual. :heart: And no need to apologise, everyone loses their temper now and then and needs to vent to loved ones. We understand and always have your back. That guy obviously didn't know what he was talking about back in 1978, but looks like he did you a favour. :-)

Carole

Ollie241189
23 May 2013, 12:11
Is there any chance you'd be able to fly over for Vegas, Ollie ? I really would love to meet you :D

I'm gonna try and get enough money together so I can come see a good few shows but I'm not gonna hold my breath as my hours have been cut even more Vicki 😔 but I'll try my hardest!

Lee B
23 May 2013, 12:28
I guess there was no point to all this except to say I love you !!
Meat

We love you Meat. Thank you so much for being there throughout so many events and years of my life and for all of the entertainment and listening pleasure.
My life will no longer be the same without any Meat Loaf gigs to look forward to. Thank the lord for all of the back catalogue and new albums to look forward to.

chairboys
23 May 2013, 14:56
Meat,
I first saw you at Wembley on the 20/20 tour and was blown away. I had at that point fulfilled a dream and was satisfied that I had seen you live. Of course, I was always hopeful that it would be repeated. And it was. Two Hammersmith shows shortly followed and then what has seemed like every other year you have come over to us and delivered time and again. You have cost me a small fortune but I have no grounds for the smidgiest bit of compensation as you have given every ounce of your soul and energy in entertaining me.
I guess that's what it is all about, being entertained and without question you have!!
We now live in an age where I can sit at my dining room table, cup of tea at hand, and tippy tappy a message like this and say THANK YOU for everything.
I couldn't have done that when I sat on the side of Wembley Arena and saw you playing with the Goff twins ( so to speak! ).
Thank you, once again, from a fan.

Dick
23 May 2013, 15:08
Meat

Meat, what can I say. Ive been a member here since around 02/03. I dont post as much as other but I am here lurking just as often and always do my best to get out and see you on tour.

My first show was Marlay Park, Dublin 2002 'Havin fun for the Summer tour' and Ive caught each tour since, though for me that one never ended. All of them have been a blast and are precious memories and learning experiences.

I cant honestly thank you enough for the 10 years of fun and passion, you have the gifts we gave you, which are only a small token of our appreciation and admiration.

You come online, sometimes happy, sometimes sad. But you are always usually forgiven because of the passion you have and the passion you bring out of people.

I know I said we'd next see each other on set, but let also put an Oscar challenge in there. ;)

Take care Meat, hopefully we'll all still have you here for the time to come.

Richard

Evil One
23 May 2013, 15:43
It is the end of one era.No second leg planned for the UK then? Not even one last monster of a concert around the time of the race course shows? :twisted:

LucyK!
23 May 2013, 15:49
Not even one last monster of a concert...

That's on Saturday :))

Tregaye
23 May 2013, 15:50
No second leg planned for the UK then? Not even one last monster of a concert around the time of the race course shows? :twisted:

pretty please???:pray::pray::pray:

Cristina
23 May 2013, 16:13
Hats off to you, to Patti and to the guys, on and off the stage, for the amazing work on the tour ! Are you sure you wouldn't want do a Cher's kind of Farewell tours? you know, a "Farewell tour for 2013" leaves an oper door for another Farewell tour next year, just in case... :cool:

loaferman61
23 May 2013, 17:53
Meat
If this is not the best post in the history of this board it has to be darn close. Just Meat sharing his thoughts with us, his friends. Love you back Meat.

Guy
23 May 2013, 17:53
I'm in Manchester , in my room where I always am when not on a plane, bus or Dressing room when on tour . Always by myself . Except Frances IS always there even though I never see her or anyone .( I am going to see Star trek with Paul tomorrow, afternoon.)( Front page news) She is So great but then again so is the band and crew . It is a very strange day . It is the end of one era. Just getting on a different Highway . Did you know the first show we did in the UK was at the Manchester Apollo in 1978 , after we did "old Grey Whistle test" Then we went to London and played Hammersmith. "The NME REVIEW of the London show the next day was a 2 page headline "FAT OUT OF HELL" ACROSS 2 PAGES
I bet that guy is bald and out weighs me now by 6 stone now lol . His review, I don't remember him every talking about the music just about what we were all wearing and how big I was!! He called us "the worst band in the entire world". Which from that one line we got more press than you could imagine. When played Central Park in 1978 to the largest crowd they had have ever had ( at that time) There was more press from all over the world because of the NME review. ( so Thank You NME) Don't know what my point is here I just feel very strange. I know at times On this site , I have gotten angry, said things I should have never said to some of you ! Please except my apology .
Meat

Guy
23 May 2013, 17:59
I think I have that very same NME kicking around somewhere!
Going to be quite an emotional night on Saturday.

nozza
23 May 2013, 18:32
Meat
Hi Meat thanks for all the shows the great music and being able to make me feel like i'm still in my 20's when you sing your songs, no one else makes me feel like you do.Your music means so much to so many so big thanks for being in our lives .xx

Steingirl
23 May 2013, 18:43
Thanks for the amazing music, shows, and memories, Meat.

mtaylor315
23 May 2013, 18:48
Meat

The gig in Glasgow was an amazing night. And from what I've heard and from the reviews I've read, this tour has only gotten better and better as its progressed.

Everyone gets angry and says things they regret. Personally I've done that quite a lot :lol:. Instead of you saying thank you to us, it should really be us saying that to you, so thank you Meat, for everything.

Love you Meat. Best of luck for Saturday. No doubt it'll be a night to remember for everyone :-) x

ninja
23 May 2013, 19:30
Meat

Reading your post made me just cry. Saying thank YOU so much for everything is not enough. Never been so speechless to express what I'm feeling. - I love you right back, Meat!!
Irene

Jules13
23 May 2013, 20:13
Meat

Meat,
you are such a special and unique human who deserves so much love, fun, luck, sunshine and that your dreams come true... I think you have the best fans of this whole world ;) and you tell us your friends. I mean, that is a huge compliment to us! Just amazing.
After the show which I saw in Germany. I thought, that's it and I was the last person leaving the concert hall except for the people who were picking up the chairs. I really felt happy - because of your galactic gig - and at the same time I was very sad. But then I decided that cannot be the end and I got lucky getting tickets for Manchester. Now I still cannot realize that I will see you one more time. I am so happy that I can be part of this moment or time on saturday, standing in the crowd with people who feel exactly like I do and I think that you and us might have the same feelings. That builds a bridge between us that will exist to the end. You will always have a special part in my heart - and I think that is not the only one here :D - and you will have us in your heart. Love you, too!!!
Thank you for sharing your deepest thoughts.

On saturday we all rock together till the roof is coming down... :metal:
See you there.

The Flying Mouse
23 May 2013, 20:33
:twisted: Hi Meat
It's quite fitting that you are playing your last UK tour gig where you played your first.
OK, I promise you that I won't cry like a little girl on Saturday if you don't. Deal? :up:
(I have a feeling neither of us will be able to live up to that arrangement :bleh: ).
Saturday is going to be emotional alright. It's a historic event, and maybe this sounds a little strange, but I feel honoured that i'm going to be there when you finish this chapter.
Life without the prospect of a Meat Loaf tour just seems a little, well, nuts :nuts:
But sad as we fans might be, I can only imagine how much worse it must be for you, who is saying goodbye to these people and places you've visited so much for so long.

Thank you Meat.

Thank you for the music you have given us (so far).

Thank you for the passion and energy you bring to your live shows.
Thank you for getting pissed off at yourself after a perfectly good show because you are your harshest critic and you always push yourself for better.
Thank you for every show I've been lucky enough to attend.

Thank you for having such a commitment to your fans.
For visiting us here at the forum and taking an interest in what we have to say.
Even when you've got pissed off on the forum, it's usually either because something has been said that wasn't very nice, or because of some sort of misunderstanding.
Yes, you've blown your top a few times here, but pretty much every time once you've had time to put things in perspective you've come back and made a public apology.
So thanks for caring enough, and having the guts and integrity to do that too.

Thank you for the signings and events where you have given your free time to give fans a chance to meet their idol.
Think back to when you met John Lennon and Elvis, and how it felt to meet them.
That's what you give to your fans. It's a big deal.

Thank you for the chance to meet you, and shake you by the hand twice. The first was the signing just after the Royal Albert Hall show, and then again at the Dead Ringer For Glove event.
Two very special days to me.

I could go on all day, because you have had such an impact on my life (as you've impacted the life of many others).
You've had an effect on what I do for a living. If you're a Sci Fi fan, just think, in some parallel world somewhere there's a version of me that went out and got a real job :yikes: Thanks for helping me avoid that terrible fate in this reality :mrgreen:
I've met a lot of friends through your fan community, and I also met my wife, but i'll forgive you for that :lawl:

Without your work, and the knock on effects of that work, I believe i'd be a very different person living a very different life.
In a way, if it wasn't for you, there would be no me :shock: (well there would be, but he wouldn't be so damn awesome :mrgreen: ).

Once more, thank you very very much.
We love you big guy.
See you on Saturday.

chairboys
23 May 2013, 20:46
I could go on all day

Please don't. It seems to be one step forward and ten back for me in catching up on this forum. I could do with one word posts for the next week so I can finally slide up to the leaders.
Great post though.

Sebastian.
23 May 2013, 20:48
How was Star Trek?

Cherry.Loaf
23 May 2013, 21:24
It's going to be an emotional night-I won't even be their but knowing it may well be your last big UK arena show it really is the end of the arena. I've had the pleasure of seeing you 3 times so far and meeting you at two signing and I'll always hold those memories fondly. Thank you Meat for being the soundtrack to my life; through the good and the bad.

See you in August!

Renegade Angel
23 May 2013, 21:52
Hi Meat, Do you have any memories of playing Manchester G-MEX on the Bat 2 tour in Dec 1993? I was at that gig and had waited years to see you. Me and my dad went to the show and we stood near the front, after years of thinking you had stopped performing/touring you can't imagine what a thrill it was to see that show. You prob can't remember it but u'll never know how happy you made me and my dad that night.
Im sorry I never got to saw u on the farewell tour but im so proud to say I've seen some of your amazing shows over the years.
Good luck for the future!!

ps enjoy star trek :-)

duke knooby
23 May 2013, 23:28
i couldn't have said it better than all those that have already posted

so i'll just say i agree with each and everyone them

and from me... thank you

and enjoy your last uk gig!!

ricgough
24 May 2013, 02:06
Meat

Maybe come back to the U.K. for 1 more show - not a tour exactly but a one off to promote an album? You have another master-work in you, I know it. Maybe book a small venue for "fans only" promo show? We'll pay - NO CRITICS ALLOWED!!!!!

I can't quite accept this is really the "last at Bat". C'mon, take a break, rouse the troops and give it one last push with Jimmy at the helm. Don't do a TMIL related "Godfather 3" and finish on a high with another mind-blowing concept album with "Dr Jim-Bob frankenstein; batmaster". Please???!!!!

Besides, on another site he promised to finish renegade angel not too long (in Stein-time) ago.....

ricgough
24 May 2013, 02:14
Besides, on another site he promised to finish renegade angel not too long (in Stein-time) ago.....

That said, I do accept, mortality is possibly not a feature of "Stein-time".....

:cry:

*originaldancechick
24 May 2013, 23:51
Meat. I love you tooooooooooooooo....... Luv cx

ray-loaf
25 May 2013, 03:38
I love you too man. you will never know the impact, the values you and the meaning of the words you sing have had on my life.

thank you, thenk you. i will never stop thanking you!!

emma811981
25 May 2013, 04:10
We love you too your music has got me through some pretty tough times in life. I've been lucky enough to see you 4 times live and every time ive come home on a high tommorow night will be my 5th time. It will be a strange kinda day in a big way im looking forward to it but another its sad knowing your not touring again but i understand why. You give it all you got and put so much into what you do. Many times you've been too hard on yourself your true friends and fans will support you no matter what. Hey we all loose it from time to time. Its funny when im wound up i tend to listen to "All Of ME" from hell in a hand basket them lyrics i can very much relate to sometimes.
I will wish you all the best for the future and sit back and look forward to following you in the new era.
All thats left to say is thankyou for being you and thankyou for all the happy memories that your show has brought to me over the years
Love ya and see you tommorow night xxxx

wolfy35
25 May 2013, 18:49
I will not be fortunate enough to be in the audience at Manchester & although I had chance to get tickets for the racecourse events I chose not to because the only time I will wear what their dress codes require is at funerals & I have been to too many of those.

I do however consider myself fortunate beyond what many would say is the barrier to lunacy that between my first concert at the tender age of 14, Tuesday 5-Feb-85 - Apollo, Manchester, UK on the Bad Attitude tour and now I have seen Meat live if not over 100 times pretty damn close to that number & I consider it every penny well spent, My only regret that it was not late into my 20's that I started saving the T shirts that I got whenever I saw him so by now all of the early ones have literally fallen apart.

In that time I have seen Meat go through some highs & lows but the one thing that has always been constant is Meat has always had a deep love of his fans and has never given less than 100% on stage even when his health problems have prevented that being what Meat would have liked.

Since being given a copy of BOOH for christmas when I was 7 years old (An uncle got it in a rush last minute and chose on the album art alone ) Meat has been a constant companion for me & has seen me through my own bad times when I have needed it. so am I upset that I may have seen Meat for the last time without ever managing to secure a M&G? OH HELL YES but Meat will always be with me because he is now such a deep rooted part of who I am that his music will always be there & for that I do not have words to express my thanks.

Cherry.Loaf
25 May 2013, 21:08
Wish I could be there tonight! I'll be watching Guilty Pleasures at 8pm and raising a toast to you and the band :)

Sebastian.
26 May 2013, 01:53
For those wondering he didn't see Star Trek.

Evil Ernie
26 May 2013, 04:20
For those wondering he didn't see Star Trek.

Source?

CarylB
26 May 2013, 04:59
Source?

Meat

melon
26 May 2013, 06:29
Meat

Paul did though....

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

Benny
29 May 2013, 01:19
Thank you Meat. Your just so amazing I cant write down how much.
Thank you Loads!
Benny