PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion: Meat as a jurymember at The Voice, Xfactor, Idol etc?

Tina.K.
15 May 2013, 18:19
Don't know if this has been on the forum earlier, but I was wondering what your opinion is if Meat would be invited to be a jurymember in one of these talentshows.

Should he do it or should he not? And why?

He himself said that he has difficulty with these shows, because they're not authentic. People who are just singing but don't feel or live the song (hope I say this correct). But I don't know if he wouldn't be a jurymember.

CarylB
15 May 2013, 18:30
He'd be a brilliant mentor and coach .. but the show's producers would probably want him to be "Crazy Meat Loaf" :roll: For me the shows are awful, all of them without exception, encouraging the pursuit if "being famous" without the apprenticeship of working and developing what talent you have. I'd pefer he didn't touch them with a barge pole

Caryl

Sebastian.
15 May 2013, 18:53
No. He hates reality TV, and the voice has already screwed him over.

AndrewG
15 May 2013, 19:13
Waste of his time if you ask me. These shows are completely and utterly forgettable. It's not the type of thing where you go "Hey there, do you remember episode 8 of the third series of X Factor where Louis Walsh took off his toupee and Simon Cowell smelled it whilst he was judging a girl who had just sang "Total Eclipse of The Heart" who came on stage dressed in Sharon Osbourne's underwear that had butterflies on it which were made by Nicole Scherzinger's cousin once removed?"

I think entertaining with his own music and creating is far more inspiring and touches people far more.

All that other stuff is just waste of time TV filler if you ask me. ANYBODY could do it (it says enough if Nicki Minaj is judging aspiring singers!) so why would we want Meat to do that? Even if Meat isn't doing his own thing a better use of his time in my opinion would be for him to be at home, just to sit down and have a cup of tea and read the newspaper and give one of his dogs a little dogtreat. I think the world gets more peace and love from that than those TV shows.

All these aspiring singers think the world owes them a singing career whilst most of them don't have a percentage of the creative abilities that Meat or Steinman have. It is not something you can coach or teach. These people just need to find the drive themselves, the dramatic creative side. Looking for that on a TV show is very lame. Watching them fail surely is a waste of everyone's time? Let them get on and become something other than a professional singer. Don't let Simon Cowell tell you that anyone is any good. Go down to your struggling music store, search through some records and you will find wonders and beauty and love. Even most of the winners of these shows have become completely forgettable and are mostly just puppets and some seem to just not care about what they do at all (Leona Lewis). What is the point I ask?

Vickip
15 May 2013, 19:14
No. He hates reality TV, and the voice has already screwed him over.

The Voice hasn't screwed him over .... do you mean American Idol ? Personally I think Meat would make a great mentor or judge on The Voice :-)

JennaG
15 May 2013, 20:01
The Voice hasn't screwed him over .... do you mean American Idol ? Personally I think Meat would make a great mentor or judge on The Voice :-)

I think Sebastian might have been referring to The Voice in the UK, which I believe might have portrayed Meat in a bad light over Lorraine Crosby's involvement in 'Anything for Love'.

Sebastian.
15 May 2013, 20:05

UK voice...

AndrewG
15 May 2013, 20:08
I think Sebastian might have been referring to The Voice in the UK, which I believe might have portrayed Meat in a bad light over Lorraine Crosby's involvement in 'Anything for Love'.

That sob story went out on The X Factor several years ago too.

Vickip
15 May 2013, 20:38
UK voice...

Oh ok ... I'm sorry I misunderstood :oops:

JennaG
15 May 2013, 21:09
That sob story went out on The X Factor several years ago too.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. :roll:

It seems like having a sob story is one of the necessary criteria in succeeding on one of those shows.

Cherry.Loaf
15 May 2013, 21:15
If he did it I'd watch it but he could do it but I don't see him doing something so fake personally

ForeverInBat
15 May 2013, 23:11
I couldn't see Meat doing the XFactor - but depending on how "real" The Voice is, I could see him in that role as mentor. He would be the best mentor as far as I'm concerned!

Julie in the rv mirror
16 May 2013, 05:14
I've watched Idol with varying levels of interest over the years, and I actually think it was pretty good this year. In fact, I just finished watching the final performances tonight, and I think Candice Glover is an absolutely phenomenal singer- I would pay to see her perform today. I like Kree Harrison as well. I disagree with Andrew that the contestants aren't capable of feeling the songs, because both of these girls have been fantastic all season.

The last few seasons they have been allowing the contestants to play instruments, and even to perform their own songs. There is talk that they are planning on revamping the show more next year, so I'll be interested to see what changes they make. One change I would like to see is for the judges to be able to give a score, as it's basically a popularity contest at this point.

True, not many of the artists have become huge successes, and a few of the "losers" have done better than the winners,but that is the nature of the music industry regardless of how one is "discovered"; many artists work very hard and get nowhere, unfortunately. A show like Idol may give them exposure, and a head start, but then they still have to prove themselves.

I think Meat would probably make a great judge/mentor to the contestants, as I think he would take it seriously and be able to offer constructive advice, much like Keith Urban has this year, as well as Randy Jackson. I would watch.

lorenzoduke
16 May 2013, 05:15
The music industry today, such as it is, has no relationship to the music industry that eventually raised Meat Loaf to star status. The music industry of the past supported creativity, guts, talent, passion and commitment. The music industry of today supports only tits, both figurative and literal.

AndrewG
16 May 2013, 10:36
The music industry of today supports only tits, both figurative and literal.

That's a nice way of putting it! :cool:

Tina.K.
16 May 2013, 15:09
A pro for Meat would be the marketingthing because of all the attention.
Think of albumsales or other benefits (movies) etcetra.

But then again, I can imagine why he should not do it if the feeling is not right.

AndrewG
16 May 2013, 15:22

But then again, I can imagine why he should not do it if the feeling is not right.

Yeah but what exactly are these people famous for. I couldn't tell you about any recent music by Alesha Dixon or Nicole Scherzinger. Can't remember the last song I heard from Tom Jones either, maybe that duet with that Welsh girl "Baby it's cold outside." and I think he did a very good Springsteen cover several years ago. What I'm getting at these people are famous for being famous and being a judge and some are famous for being attractive I guess but that is about where their talents seem to stop. I'm not sure it is helping their album sales but I could be wrong.

I just don't think Meat needs that type of attention.

Tina.K.
16 May 2013, 15:41

Yes, I think you're right.
(although I would like to see Meat more on tele) :lmao:

AndrewG
16 May 2013, 15:54
(although I would like to see Meat more on tele) :lmao:

I hear what you're saying but then I'd like to see something more watchable on TV these days full stop. :lol:
Having said that it's Cheesy Eurovision this Saturday. I'd watch that.

Almost thought it was a shame Meat was never on Jools Holland but at the last tour he said they'd tried to get on there.

Tina.K.
16 May 2013, 17:17
Having said that it's Cheesy Eurovision this Saturday. I'd watch that.

Yeah, I'll watch that too!
Bonnie Tyler is in it and so are the Dutch with our faboulous Anouk. The Netherlands haven't been in the finally since 8 years!
Anouk is a briljant singer, a real rockchick (though this song is tiny).
She had several big hits in the Netherlands. (and maybe one the UK with "Nobody's wife". ??)

Tina.K.
16 May 2013, 17:18
Sorry about my grammar and spelling, I know it's not spotless...

melon
16 May 2013, 17:20
Sorry about my grammar and spelling, I know it's not spotless...

Have you seen Wario's posts?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

Sebastian.
Eurovision = my ultimate Guilty Pleasure.

The Flying Mouse
Yeah but what exactly are these people famous for. I couldn't tell you about any recent music by Alesha Dixon or Nicole Scherzinger. Can't remember the last song I heard from Tom Jones either, maybe that duet with that Welsh girl "Baby it's cold outside." and I think he did a very good Springsteen cover several years ago. What I'm getting at these people are famous for being famous and being a judge and some are famous for being attractive I guess but that is about where their talents seem to stop. I'm not sure it is helping their album sales but I could be wrong.

:twisted: IMHO the only mentor worth his salt on the show is Sir Tom :metal:
Last thing I heard from him musically was his Praise & Blame album. I liked that a lot 8)

I think if it ever got into my head to do that show and I didn't get Tom as a mentor, i'd just as soon walk away from the other three :lol:

The Flying Mouse
16 May 2013, 17:27
Eurovision = my ultimate Guilty Pleasure.

:twisted: I finally understand how it feels to be a football fan in England during an international tournament.

That feeling of hope, the belief that "yes we're going to do it this time" but in the back of your mind you know we're going to come nowhere :lol:

It's a shame that the politics count far more than the music, but Bonnie has a big international following, so hopefully she's bring home the gold.

Thought: When England take part in the World Cup, European Cup, etc, you get songs released.
So shouldn't footballers kick a ball round to celebrate Eurovision? :lawl:

Tina.K.
16 May 2013, 17:51
:
That feeling of hope, the belief that "yes we're going to do it this time" but in the back of your mind you know we're going to come nowhere :lol:

According to the bookmakers, Denmark is one of the potentials for winning the contest. But yes, it's all political :(

I wonder if Meat will watch the show...

lorenzoduke
16 May 2013, 18:01

Steven Tyler spending a season on American Idol sure didn't stop the new Aerosmith album from being a colossal bomb.

AndrewG
16 May 2013, 18:14
I created a thread dedicated to Eurovision if anyone feels like joining me in a debate to discuss that stupid thing. Thanks.

Fire Ball
16 May 2013, 19:09
NO!!!!!
M

Don't know if this has been on the forum earlier, but I was wondering what your opinion is if Meat would be invited to be a jurymember in one of these talentshows.

Should he do it or should he not? And why?

He himself said that he has difficulty with these shows, because they're not authentic. People who are just singing but don't feel or live the song (hope I say this correct). But I don't know if he wouldn't be a jurymember.

Tina.K.
16 May 2013, 19:17
I created a thread dedicated to Eurovision if anyone feels like joining me in a debate to discuss that stupid thing. Thanks.

Hahaha!
For those who feel the need

Tina.K.
17 May 2013, 12:11
NO!!!!!
M

Ehmm, well that's loud and clear! :lmao:

Paul Richardson
18 May 2013, 09:28
But Meat DID do a talent show - that Popstar to Operastar thing a couple of years ago...

CarylB
18 May 2013, 11:25
But Meat DID do a talent show - that Popstar to Operastar thing a couple of years ago...

He did .. as part of a promotional deal. The fact that after the first show, when he was well researched and gave thoughtful and useful feedback, he was asked to be more "Meat Loaf" .. ie "crazy" .. may be what has convinced him to never do one again