PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf on his future plans

mbloaf
13 Apr 2013, 20:00
Hi guys,

In my day job as a journalist I recently interviewed Meat at his hotel. Will post link to full interview when placed online over next few days but some points you may be interested in (answers some but of couse not all of the questions posted on this forum):

*Last At Bat tour going to US, India, Indonesia and South Africa so he will be on the road for a while yet

*No release dates for next two albums but confirms they are in the pipeline.
Hot Holidays features a duet with actress Juliette Binoche (Chocolat), Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood among others to be confirmed. Album yet to be recorded.

*Brave and Crazy album - says songs coming from Jim Steinman, Dave Berg and a Nashville song writer. Describes relationship with Jim as "great", doesn't elaborate on the song list but said: “We have got four tracks for it and I have three more to cut and then I have another Jim song to cut. I have Dave Berg and another writer in Nashville writing me a couple more songs about being crazy. I should just write my own song about being crazy!”

*Las Vegas stage show is going ahead for a four week run (working title of Rocktails and Cocktails) and he hopes that it will be picked up for a 16 week run next year

*Looking forward to working on Meat Loaf Rocks the Paranormal ghosthunting series with Amanda and Pearl and Scott Ian on Syfy.

*Has stopped reading a lot of stuff written about him, especially on the internet, due to "hateful and spiteful" people who criticise stars for no reason other than "jealousy"

*One of his biggest career highlights is appearing in the film Focus, is very proud of that movie.

Unforunately I ran out of time, despite having 45 minutes, so didn't get the chance to ask other questions. As many of you already know, great guy to spend some time with.

Monstro
13 Apr 2013, 20:44
Thanks for the heads up, look forward to reading the whole interview!!!!

Sebastian.
13 Apr 2013, 21:00
MLUKFC trip to India and Indonesia!!!!!!!

LucyK!
13 Apr 2013, 21:51
So Meat "planes are germ machines" Loaf is touring India....I don't intend any disrespect here but I'm taking that with a lot of salt for now!

lorenzoduke
13 Apr 2013, 23:28
Some great tidbits there, thanks for sharing. Meat Loaf Rocks The Paranormal sounds like it could be good fun.

AndrewG
13 Apr 2013, 23:39
I wonder if we're going to get new songs on the album or partly old songs as well. There is a song co-written by Dave Berg called "If You're Going Through Hell (Before the Devil Even Knows)", title seems Meat Loaf-esque but it doesn't sound it. Lol.

Vickip
14 Apr 2013, 00:07
Hi guys,

In my day job as a journalist I recently interviewed Meat at his hotel. Will post link to full interview when placed online over next few days but some points you may be interested in (answers some but of couse not all of the questions posted on this forum):

*Last At Bat tour going to US, India, Indonesia and South Africa so he will be on the road for a while yet

*No release dates for next two albums but confirms they are in the pipeline.
Hot Holidays features a duet with actress Juliette Binoche (Chocolat), Reba McEntire and Trisha Yearwood among others to be confirmed. Album yet to be recorded.

*Brave and Crazy album - says songs coming from Jim Steinman, Dave Berg and a Nashville song writer. Describes relationship with Jim as "great", doesn't elaborate on the song list but said: “We have got four tracks for it and I have three more to cut and then I have another Jim song to cut. I have Dave Berg and another writer in Nashville writing me a couple more songs about being crazy. I should just write my own song about being crazy!”

*Las Vegas stage show is going ahead for a four week run (working title of Rocktails and Cocktails) and he hopes that it will be picked up for a 16 week run next year

*Looking forward to working on Meat Loaf Rocks the Paranormal ghosthunting series with Amanda and Pearl and Scott Ian on Syfy.

*Has stopped reading a lot of stuff written about him, especially on the internet, due to "hateful and spiteful" people who criticise stars for no reason other than "jealousy"

*One of his biggest career highlights is appearing in the film Focus, is very proud of that movie.

Unforunately I ran out of time, despite having 45 minutes, so didn't get the chance to ask other questions. As many of you already know, great guy to spend some time with.

Thank you so much ... I can't wait to see the entire interview :D

carole
14 Apr 2013, 00:33
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a great interview. Dare I hope if he is coming all the way to Indonesia, he will come back to Australia too? It is just above us!!!

Carole

mbloaf
17 Apr 2013, 16:08
Full interview at this link, also have lots of stuff on the dictaphone which doesn't feature in this (due to space), will stick that up in due course as am planning a second article around it, thanks

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/meat-loaf-is-giving-up-life-on-the-road-29203202.html

Michael Marxen
17 Apr 2013, 20:07
Full interview at this link, also have lots of stuff on the dictaphone which doesn't feature in this (due to space), will stick that up in due course as am planning a second article around it, thanks

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/meat-loaf-is-giving-up-life-on-the-road-29203202.html

Thanks Martin, appreciated!
Good to see an interview by someone who cares and was well prepared.
Of course you are running out of time when Fire Ball gets rolling...

MM

stretch37
17 Apr 2013, 21:32

Very well written and informative. Thanks so much :D

melon
18 Apr 2013, 02:26
MLUKFC trip to India and Indonesia!!!!!!!

Indonesia is very cheap from Australia.... great exchange rate :D

But I think I'll believe that one when I see it.

melon
18 Apr 2013, 02:29
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a great interview. Dare I hope if he is coming all the way to Indonesia, he will come back to Australia too? It is just above us!!!

Carole

Not going to happen.... when he found out I was from Australia at the Glasgow M&G, first thing he said was "I'm never setting foot back there again..."

Not something that surprised me, after all, I did just come from the other side of the world to see him.

Sebastian.
18 Apr 2013, 02:29
Indonesia is very cheap from Australia.... great exchange rate :D

But I think I'll believe that one when I see it.

Andy's giving me a lift so see you there!

melon
18 Apr 2013, 02:37

Brilliant!

tsporr93
18 Apr 2013, 05:46
This is great news. Praying for "Total Eclipse" and "Making Love" for the new album!!!

AndrewG
18 Apr 2013, 10:50
This is great news. Praying for "Total Eclipse" and "Making Love" for the new album!!!

I really hope not! :shock:

LucyK!
18 Apr 2013, 10:55

My Andy?! lmao have a good trip you two - my IBS isn't coping with the UK at the moment, I ain't going out there!

AndyK
18 Apr 2013, 11:59
Yeah I said I'd drive. But Biggles is hiring the car and paying for petrol hotels and tickets.

LucyK!
18 Apr 2013, 12:01
He's paying? Count me in then!

lorenzoduke
18 Apr 2013, 14:04
A really great article there. This guy obviously gets it!