PDA

View Full Version : Our own HOF

The Flying Mouse
10 Jan 2013, 10:59
:twisted: I thought this might be an interesting thing to do.
Or it could well attract no interest whatsoever, or prove more trouble than it's worth :lol:

I know that the general opinion for the R&RHOF right here is that it's pretty much a load of crap, so how about we start our own on the forum? :idea:

Personally I think it would be pretty interesting to see a list of who we, the forum members, give recognition too.

The way I was thinking about doing this is............

1. For the first week people can PM me up to 5 nominations they want to be considered.
The reason I think nomination by PM would be better is that if somebody sees that one of their nominations is already up there they can pick someone else rather than go with who their first 5 choices would be.
I feel that would take something away from how much people want their candidate inducted.
It would result in a much longer list and take away from who people would really nominate :wink:

2. Once the week is finished I will publish a complete list of all those nominated (perhaps also including how many nominations that person/group has received), and i'll start a thread for each nominee.

3. For a week you get to have your say on each of the threads why you think that nominee should or should not be inducted.
I'm thinking that rather than have a debate on each thread everyone should simply have their say on the subject.
I think a debate on each thread would cause a little too much argument to handle all at once :lol:
Speaking your own mind should be enough without arguing around the block over every inductee.
Adding a poll to the threads might be an idea, but the result of that poll doesn't have to mean induction or exclusion one way or the other. I'd just be a bonus to see which way folks are going.

4. After that week the threads will be closed.
From the list of nominations everyone gets to select 20/25 (if there are that many :lol: ) of the nominees.
This voting thread will be open for 1 week.

5. After that week the top 20/25 nominees will be the first to be inducted into our mlukfc Legends Hall Of Fame.

Every year we can start all over and induct another 5 nominees.

People who are eligable for nominate are solo artists, bands, musicians/individual band members, song writters, and producers (any other suggestions? )

As this is OTHER R&R heroes, i'd personaly bar past/present members of the NLE from induction (they all know how we feel about them :wink: ).

The only exceptions to this are Meat and Jimmy who IMHO deserve honorary and automatic induction.

Any interest?
Any feedback or suggestions on how to do this better?

melon
10 Jan 2013, 14:29
Rock only, I'm in I guess, might be fun

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

MarkS
10 Jan 2013, 16:39

I agree sounds fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The Flying Mouse
10 Jan 2013, 23:03

:twisted: I'd hope so Mel, but it's not just my show.
It depends on who is nominated and who is voted for by the members.

But I don't think there'd be many nominations for the likes of Westlife, and even if there were, I don't think they'd then get the vote from the membership that would mean induction.

I think Rock/Rock n Roll would rule the roost on this forum :metal:

AndyK
10 Jan 2013, 23:30
Cue a deluge of Lil' Jon and Chuck D nominations just to wind Mousie up :))

Dave
10 Jan 2013, 23:38

It is a proven fact that Lil Jon makes every song better....

The Flying Mouse
11 Jan 2013, 00:25

:twisted: :panic: :yikes: :lol:

Fixed that for you :mrgreen: :lawl:

It is a proven fact that Lil Jon makes every song better by sweeping the floor of the studio while the guy who would otherwise be sweeping the floor lays down some killer backing vocals.

suzieq
11 Jan 2013, 03:48
I'll give it a shot.

Liking the idea that Meat and Jim are first honorees inducted.

Julie in the rv mirror
11 Jan 2013, 09:41
Will there be categories e.g. solo artist, band, songwriter?

Are there any requirements for membership? For example, the "real" HOF has the requirement that the first credited record release has to have been at least 25 years prior to nomination.

chairboys
11 Jan 2013, 12:06
When is closing date for entries? I need a deadline to kick me into action!

The Flying Mouse
11 Jan 2013, 19:33
Will there be categories e.g. solo artist, band, songwriter?

:twisted: I think categories would be good, and something to consider in the future, but it depends on how much interest there is.
For now, let's just see how things get going.

Are there any requirements for membership? For example, the "real" HOF has the requirement that the first credited record release has to have been at least 25 years prior to nomination.

It's something to consider.
What does everyone else think about criteria?
Should there be a criteria or should we leave it up to the members good taste to guide us?

When is closing date for entries? I need a deadline to kick me into action!

Let's see what the interest is in this over the weekend.
If we decide to go ahead nominations can be PM'd to me from Monday 14th until Sunaday 20th.

Julie in the rv mirror
13 Jan 2013, 07:23
So to be clear, at this point, we are just to PM Mouse the names, and we'll make our case later?

Wario
13 Jan 2013, 08:20
Interesting. Meat and Jim deserve automatic nods. Patti too.

The Flying Mouse
13 Jan 2013, 21:16
:twisted: OK, nominations have arrived so we'll give this a shot.

Send me a list of 5 nominations you'd like put forward.

You can also pick an additional 5 names to be used in case there's only three of us who take part and we're short on nominations :lol:

I want to post the list of nominees next Monday night, so we'll put the deadline at 12 noon (BST) next Monday.

The Flying Mouse
15 Jan 2013, 04:56
So to be clear, at this point, we are just to PM Mouse the names, and we'll make our case later?

:twisted: Sorry Julie, I missed this.

Yes, just PM me the names for now (by noon BST on Monday).

Give me 5 nominations and 5 extra nominations in case we are short on names.

The Flying Mouse
18 Jan 2013, 00:10
:twisted: Not many nominations so far folks.
Keep them coming in.

The Flying Mouse
20 Jan 2013, 14:40
:twisted: I've received about seven sets of nomitations so far folks, so it looks like we've got a game :up:

Obviously some people have nominated the same singer/band, so that doesn't mean there are 70 different names in the hat at the moment :wink:

There's approx 24 hours to go, so get your nominations in sooner rather than later to get your favourite musical heroes in the running.

Again, you can send me a list of your top 5, with a reserve list of another 5 to be used if we're short of noms :up: