PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf On Celebrity Big Brother?

PattiRocks
07 Dec 2012, 00:06
Rumor has it that Meat Loaf will be appearing in the UK big brother house in January anyone know anything else about this? I must admit i'm a sucker for reality tv shows such as Big Brother but would hate to see Meat in the house, basically because i know all the back lash that come with it and how it can destroy people if and when the public decide they no longer like them or they did something in the house they didn't like. Perhaps a good way to gain some new fans and get some more tickets sold for the uk tour but a big risk in my opinion and i think Meat is to good for the BB house.

DJLeen
07 Dec 2012, 00:26
I don't think so cause in january Meat still have to rehab from his knee surgery I think...

btw you're right Meat is too good for something like that !! I don't think that he would do that anyway ... I don't think if he would he won't do it to gain more fans in the UK he has alot of fans there already !! ;)

CarylB
07 Dec 2012, 02:07
This started as a news story in the Sun .. need we say more? Just a shameless attempt on the part of C5 to try and stimulate interest in a show with disappointing ratings imo

chairboys
07 Dec 2012, 12:23
...and let's pray this isn't the imminent announcement from Team Meat!

mtaylor315
07 Dec 2012, 15:35
Its possible Meat was contacted, but thats probably as far as it went.

Meat is being mentioned alongside names like Rylan Clark as potential contestants, but I fail to see why Meat would want to be on a disaster of a show such as Big Brother. He's above it x

samurai7
07 Dec 2012, 16:29
This started as a news story in the Sun .. need we say more? Just a shameless attempt on the part of C5 to try and stimulate interest in a show with disappointing ratings imo

Thought it was The Star? Either way I hope it's not happening.

PattiRocks
07 Dec 2012, 16:48
It was also in the mirror too.

carole
07 Dec 2012, 23:38
Yeah Meat has said in numerous interviews that some reality shows have tried to get him to go on them, but he isn't interested. Even his appearance on Celebrity Apprentice was from a misunderstanding. The only one he said he was interested in going on was
Who Do You Think You Are, I think it's called, because they trace your ancestry and he is interested in that.

Carole

The Flying Mouse
08 Dec 2012, 16:59
:twisted: It was also reported once in the press that Meat is a big Doctor Who fan and would be "chuffed" to appear in an episode.

The press sometimes (often) get things wrong.
Sometimes because of a genuine mistake, sometimes they just make stuff up, or in the case of the Doctor Who story, there's a drunk former mlukfc admin who's seeing how far he can wind up a journo at the bar :lmao:

We've been through the ins and outs of BB on another thread, and my opinion is the same. With Celeb Apprentice contestants are judged on their merit. They are set a serious task, and it's decided by a panel of people who know a lot about business who was the least productive.
BB is putting a lot of people (often chosen because they are likely to piss each other off) into a glorified goldfish bowl, and then ejected one by one by a public vote.
It's a popularity contest where your own merit counts for nothing.

I don't believe Meat would be seen in a very good light (look at the Busey explosion) because being cooped up with nothing to do and nowhere to go would drive him crazy. He's better off without it.

But, if he chose to do it, it's his choice, and i'll just wave my little "Go Meat!" flag and hope for the best :pray:

hell_basket
20 Dec 2012, 19:36
please no

The Flying Mouse
20 Dec 2012, 20:34
:twisted: On the subject of reality TV, I loved what Johnny Vegas said on an episode of 8 Out Of Ten Cats (for those outside the UK, it's a comedy panel show).

Parahrasing.........

Jimmy Carr (the host) - Do you ever get offered it? (I'm A Celeb, Get Me Out Of Here)
Johnny - Every year. Every year. And every year they ring me up and it's always when i'm in a supermarket surrounded by stuff I can just buy, and they ring me and say "do you want to do i'm a celebrity" and I say "no, i've got eleven Twix's and I don't have to do a task for them".

Sums it all up for me :lawl:

Fire Ball
21 Dec 2012, 23:02
Not a pray of doing that show and they offered me 500,000 dollars. I told them no. 90% of the people would never turn down that amount of money. Like I have always said I have never done anything for the money.

Monstro
21 Dec 2012, 23:21
I told them no.

CHSIBM lol

CarylB
22 Dec 2012, 00:24
Never dreamed for a moment you would! ;)

melon
22 Dec 2012, 01:21
Not a pray of doing that show and they offered me 500,000 dollars. I told them no. 90% of the people would never turn down that amount of money. Like I have always said I have never done anything for the money.

Never thought you'd do it for a second ha ha

carole
22 Dec 2012, 02:28

Never for a second thought you would, and can't say I blame you.

Carole

The Flying Mouse
23 Dec 2012, 19:29
I told them no.

:twisted: Glad to hear that :up:

JennaG
23 Dec 2012, 22:16

I'm quite relieved to hear you say that after reading the kind of people that are rumoured to be on the show with you.

You're too good for that show.

matty1
23 Dec 2012, 22:48
thank god meat you did not lower your self to that scum of people that are on that show most of the uk dont watch that show anywhere, when i saw that you were licked to it i said to everyone no way will he do that

hell_basket
28 Dec 2012, 18:52
thank god

Fire Ball
05 Jan 2013, 01:02
It was on last night and those little snakes were using my name the whole time. Even had a reporter putting me down for doing the show saying Meat Loaf will do anything for money. Wish I could find it now and give that guy a call him and say to him you will do anything to get people to read you , worm.

The Flying Mouse
05 Jan 2013, 01:03
It was on last night and those little snakes were using my name the whole time. Even had a reporter putting me down for doing the show saying Meat Loaf will do anything for money. Wish I could find it now and give that guy a call him and say to him you will do anything to get people to read you , worm.

:twisted: Never let the truth get in the way of a good story huh? :wink:
That's the press for you :roll:

Sebastian.
05 Jan 2013, 01:05
Wish I could find it now and give that guy a call him and say to him you will do anything to get people to read you , worm.

It wasn't the Sun was it? I wouldn't put it pass them, especially what they did today in an Argentine newspaper...

Sorry the press are giving you a hard time printing BS..

The Flying Mouse
05 Jan 2013, 01:07
It wasn't the Sun was it?

:twisted: Now that's the name of a rag that should be auto moderated on here to ~~~ ~~~ :mrgreen:

Fire Ball
05 Jan 2013, 01:12
Yes you guys should start a SUN uk fan club. LOL

The Flying Mouse
05 Jan 2013, 01:14

:twisted: You can get banned for saying stuff like that :p :lawl:

Sebastian.
05 Jan 2013, 01:21
If I win the lottery I will pay every newsagents within 20 miles not to stock that gutter press!

I don't know what I hate about the paper more, the silly pun headlines, the need to make the news (see Argentine newspaper advert for an example), the hounding of people, I could go on!

/enddavidmitchellmode

Dave
05 Jan 2013, 02:07

:)

Ollie241189
05 Jan 2013, 12:28
I had a good inclination that Meat wasn't going into the Big Brother house. For starters he mentioned he wont do reality TV, that he did Celebrity Apprentice over a misunderstanding (I believe. Dont quote me on that. My apologies if I'm wrong) and that he doesn't like doing reality TV shows. Plus, what with Meat just having double knee surgery, he'd be in no fit state to go in there.

As far as the media and journalists etc. they are all snakes who poison the minds of the very gullible public to get them to buy their newspapers, watch their news channel etc. it's all about getting heard. As we all know, probably about 80% of what you read or hear is true but they really embellish on the 20% that isn't true. But they know that that 20% is the part that will grab people's attention and people will believe.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that shows like Big Brother, I'm A Celebrity etc. try to entice celebrities with money and, in my opinion, those celebrities that DO go on these shows are on them for the money. I truly and fully believe Meat that he doesn't do ANYTHING for the money. Not just because I'm a big fan but also because, as we all know, he is a wonderful human being and has morals and standards that alot of people dont have.

Well done Meat for being a true human being and sticking to your morals and standards and if anyone has anything negative to say about you, believe me, I'll be at the front of the queue of people to put them straight.

You have my love and respect Meat! You are a true gentleman and human being!

Vickip
05 Jan 2013, 14:49
I had a good inclination that Meat wasn't going into the Big Brother house. For starters he mentioned he wont do reality TV, that he did Celebrity Apprentice over a misunderstanding (I believe. Dont quote me on that. My apologies if I'm wrong) and that he doesn't like doing reality TV shows. Plus, what with Meat just having double knee surgery, he'd be in no fit state to go in there.

As far as the media and journalists etc. they are all snakes who poison the minds of the very gullible public to get them to buy their newspapers, watch their news channel etc. it's all about getting heard. As we all know, probably about 80% of what you read or hear is true but they really embellish on the 20% that isn't true. But they know that that 20% is the part that will grab people's attention and people will believe.

I think it's absolutely disgusting that shows like Big Brother, I'm A Celebrity etc. try to entice celebrities with money and, in my opinion, those celebrities that DO go on these shows are on them for the money. I truly and fully believe Meat that he doesn't do ANYTHING for the money. Not just because I'm a big fan but also because, as we all know, he is a wonderful human being and has morals and standards that alot of people dont have.

Well done Meat for being a true human being and sticking to your morals and standards and if anyone has anything negative to say about you, believe me, I'll be at the front of the queue of people to put them straight.

Very well said Ollie :up:

lyn
05 Jan 2013, 22:25

I didn't think you would, and thank goodness you didn't take up the offer ;) We have Big Brother here in Australia, and truthfully, it is the biggest load of crap on Australian TV.

Gez
05 Jan 2013, 22:28
Well sai Meat, the only good thing about the Sun is Page 3 :)

carole
05 Jan 2013, 22:35

They really are the biggest low lifes on the planet!!!!! :evil:

Carole

carole
05 Jan 2013, 22:37

What a great post, well said Ollie. :D Can't believe someone disliked this post!!! :O

Carole

lyn
05 Jan 2013, 22:47
They really are the biggest low lifes on the planet!!!!! :evil:

Carole

They are lower than a snakes ass really ;)

Dave
05 Jan 2013, 22:59
Had Meat gone on the show, it would have been a blessing to the producers...as Mr Loaf makes moments to remember for a lifetime. As for the slagging of journalists and celebrities/individuals who choose to cover/be part of the show...thank goodness, as I am a fan! Good luck to the contestants and may the odds forever be in their favor. :)

Ollie241189
05 Jan 2013, 23:28
What a great post, well said Ollie. :D Can't believe someone disliked this post!!! :O

Carole

Thank you Carole! Well you cant please everyone and anyone who knows anything about Meat and how he is as a person knows he's a wonderful human being.

Ollie241189
05 Jan 2013, 23:31
Very well said Ollie :up:

Thank you very much Vicki! I know I can count on you to support me! You always do! X

Vickip
05 Jan 2013, 23:37
Thank you very much Vicki! I know I can count on you to support me! You always do! X

You're very welcome :D X :up: