PDA

View Full Version : Brave & Crazy's (fantasy) cover song

The Flying Mouse
14 Nov 2012, 20:56
:twisted: Nice version of California Dreaming on HIHB 8) so if Meat were to put a cover on the next album, what would you like to be?

I'd like Nights In White Satin by The Moody Blues.
There's room there for a kick ass vocal with plenty of big notes, and replace the flute solo with Dancin Dave on SAX, and I think there's a can of Whoop Ass ready and waiting to be opened :metal:

LucyK!
14 Nov 2012, 21:04
Ooh good one, I'm going to properly think about this! :))

Gut reaction though would be a proper recording of An American Trilogy, that would be immense!

JennaG
14 Nov 2012, 21:27
Either Hello Again or Solitary Man by Neil Diamond.

I think some of the lyrics Neil Diamond has written in the past would be ideal for Meat and these two in particular are ones that I feel that he could really make a great job of.

Evil Ernie
14 Nov 2012, 22:00
Always by 'Bon Jovi'

9BMwcO6_hyA

In fact I think that lots of mid 90's Bon Jovi songs would be good. 'Someday I'll be Saturday Night' , 'This Ain't a Love Song', 'Something For the Pain' etc...

To my understanding 'These Days' was rather popular in the UK, so you may know what I'm talking about.

misterfive
14 Nov 2012, 22:03
Don't Stop Believing By Journey! Best Meat Loaf cover ever!

That and Jessie's Girl.

The Flying Mouse
14 Nov 2012, 22:10
'This Ain't a Love Song',

:twisted: That would be interesting :cool:
Some strings in there would be nice :idea:

Don't Stop Believing By Journey! Best Meat Loaf cover ever!

:panic:

That song has been played to death since it was on Glee (or High School Musical, or something of that elk).

Wario
14 Nov 2012, 22:40
No Man's Land by Billy Joel would be awsome with some added piano and a sax solo:

MzoGHYdLUPo

DJLeen
14 Nov 2012, 22:46
An Elvis song is in my mind like ''Kentucky rain'' or ''Burning love'' perhaps...that would be awesome ! :)

RSG
14 Nov 2012, 23:09
Nights In White Satin would be great...

and one I was dreamin of Anthrax's Stomp record, like the last track, although I can't recall what it is called this moment.

White of High
14 Nov 2012, 23:26
I can imagine Meat sings this song... it's Spanish but it's heavy!

l1Njgd7Ie-Q

Paul Richardson
14 Nov 2012, 23:49
Alright Now, by Free ... ?

Sebastian.
14 Nov 2012, 23:59
Gangnam Style?

But seriously this:

Always by 'Bon Jovi'

Also wouldn't mind him doing Bed of Roses.

Evil Ernie
15 Nov 2012, 02:38
:twisted: That would be interesting :cool:
Some strings in there would be nice :idea:

Interesting note. Rory Dodd sings BR vocals on this song and many other on 'These Days'....

Cherry.Loaf
15 Nov 2012, 10:07
Man against the world by survivor would be my dream cover

A link to anyone no familiar with it:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pqi-x9Ks_4

Mr. Happy
15 Nov 2012, 10:14
I'm not sure if I'd like Meat to sing Always or Bed of Roses. I love both of them, but they're Bon Jovi's songs. They're to him as Bat or Anything for Love is to Meat. Anyone else covering them just wouldn't be right :P

This Ain't a Love Song, on the other hand, I could see working :cool:

I reckon Meat could do a pretty cool Meeting Across the River. Justin on the piano and Dave on the sax (for the trumpet part). It could work :D

jTbX2LYZx2A

Or how about Michael Bolton's I Can Go the Distance?

m6v_gOmVJ4I

OR...Boomtown Rats' I Don't Like Mondays? :D

o2I84-A9duY

Elijah's way
15 Nov 2012, 14:32
This is a dream that I'll never know :(

I want to know what love is - Foreigner

Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Elton John

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Meat Loaf_fan
15 Nov 2012, 14:59
Something from classic:
Frank Sinatra - "My Way"
Dean Martin - "That's Amore"
Johnny Cash - "Riders In The Sky"
Genesis - "Land Of Confusion"
Andrea Bocelli - "Time To Say Goodbye"
Michael Bolton - "When A Man Loves A Woman"

Or maybe something new/modern:
Bon Jovi - "It's My Life"

RSG
15 Nov 2012, 22:00
'Bare' from Stomp 442

Evil Ernie
16 Nov 2012, 05:52
I'm not sure if I'd like Meat to sing Always or Bed of Roses. I love both of them, but they're Bon Jovi's songs. They're to him as Bat or Anything for Love is to Meat. Anyone else covering them just wouldn't be right :P

This Ain't a Love Song, on the other hand, I could see working :cool:

The reason why I think mid 90's Bon Jovi songs is because lots of that stuff is kind of forgotten. It's in between stuff like "Living on a Prayer", "Bad Medicine" "You Give Love A Bad Name" and "It's My Life", "Have A Nice Day".

It's also just more Adult Contemporary like music. It's almost like that was their experimental period and than they went back to their hit formula.

Plus, I can just hear ML singing these songs in my head. I think that they would work well with his current voice.

Evil Ernie
16 Nov 2012, 06:04
Something from classic:
Frank Sinatra - "My Way"

Would be good, but it's been overdone.

Dean Martin - "That's Amore"

Sorry. I just can't imagine that. Good song though.

Johnny Cash - "Riders In The Sky"

I could see this. Would need some rearrangement though.

Genesis - "Land Of Confusion"

This song sounds like 80's Loaf. I could still see it.

Andrea Bocelli - "Time To Say Goodbye"

I'm not sure that even 80's ML would have been able to do that song justice. For all the talk about ML being an Opera-like singer, Opera is no easy feat. This is no slag against ML at any point of his career.

Also, I'm not sure that he would be able to pull off the italian convincingly. And translating it into English would have similar results as some of the English translations of Tanz.

Michael Bolton - "When A Man Loves A Woman"

Totally. Many Michael Bolton songs actually.

Or maybe something new/modern:
Bon Jovi - "It's My Life"

Bon Jovi sure is a popular choice. ;)

How about this song? You've probably never heard of it, but it would be a dream cover for me. It's called "Make Believe" By a band called Ring Of Fire. The vocalist is Mark Boals:

4HWMFSZgyKA

mdoyle604
16 Nov 2012, 06:56
Johnny Cash God's Goin To Cut You Down would be amazing!!

szakal88
16 Nov 2012, 13:50
"Jukebox hero" by Foreigner

Meat Loaf_fan
17 Nov 2012, 09:22
How about this song? You've probably never heard of it, but it would be a dream cover for me. It's called "Make Believe" By a band called Ring Of Fire. The vocalist is Mark Boals:

4HWMFSZgyKA

Very ... VERY good song! :cool:

It sounds (at least to me) like collaboration between Stan Bush and Jim Steinman. Bloody hell good!

Michael Marxen
17 Nov 2012, 11:00
Man against the world by survivor would be my dream cover

A link to anyone no familiar with it:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pqi-x9Ks_4

Fantastic one!!!

Would be hard though to top Jimi Jamisons already outstanding vocals even for Meat.

TheDoode
17 Nov 2012, 12:16
Either 'You Didn't Break It' (yeah, note the pun) from Steve Vai's 'Flexable Leftovers' album:

MoFtof6wsn4

Or 'Wishful Thinking' from Poison's 'Hollyweird' (mostly because Brett is channeling Meat Loaf for the chorus):
Rm1F5OnUx3k

Both with a major, Bat II style reworking, obviously :cool:

Elijah's way
17 Nov 2012, 14:43
Lover, You Should've Come Over by Jeff Buckley

PanicLord
17 Nov 2012, 16:51
I always thought the two songs below were prime material for a Meaty makeover...

Making The Perfect Man by Chris De Burgh (apologies for the appalling vid quality!)

NVexboWVzgU

Sorry's Not Good Enough by McFly!

ZAB0He7qqqE

White of High
18 Nov 2012, 12:40
I really don't like covers. Worse if the original one was a big hit before. I don't underdtand why bands play covers on their concerts. Meat has 150 songs and at least half of them are good enough to play them live. So why?

I don't want a Bon Jovi cover again. Even Elvis In Vegas wasn't Meat's style but if everybody speaks about Bon Jovi I would prefer Dry County. I think that's the only song what Meat could cover but I don't want to hear that. ;)

chairboys
18 Nov 2012, 16:55
I really don't like covers. Worse if the original one was a big hit before. I don't underdtand why bands play covers on their concerts. Meat has 150 songs and at least half of them are good enough to play them live. So why?

Tradition I guess. I would also rather see a 100% Meat set.

Evil Ernie
18 Nov 2012, 21:11
I don't want a Bon Jovi cover again. Even Elvis In Vegas wasn't Meat's style

Ha. I didn't even know that was Bon Jovi.

I should pay more attention.

Ollie241189
07 Dec 2012, 00:50
I'd love to hear him cover Piano Man by Billy Joel

RSG
09 Dec 2012, 00:51

I believe the only thing 'Elvis In Vegas' has to do w/ Bon Jovi, is lead singer Jon/John(?) of Bon Jovi participated in writing it

RSG
09 Dec 2012, 00:55
I'd love to hear him cover Piano Man by Billy Joel

Billy Joel and Meat Loaf could make an album of singing a couple songs from each man's catalogue. Would likely be able to duet once or twice, but I'm not sure if it would have to be an original song or one from either man's catalogue.

I believe the only thing 'Elvis In Vegas' has to do w/ Bon Jovi, is lead singer Jon/John(?) of Bon Jovi participated in writing it

Anubis
12 Dec 2012, 18:11
Johnny Cash God's Goin To Cut You Down would be amazing!!

This would be a great song for meat, I'd like to see meet do alice Cooper's Only women bleed. I would also love to hear a meat verson of No Son of mine by Genesis

Monstro
12 Dec 2012, 19:08
I would also love to hear a meat verson of No Son of mine by Genesis

Oh I do like that idea

hell_basket
21 Dec 2012, 18:51
can really picture Meat singing this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUJHGC6PQ9w
beautiful song and lyrics. be a brave and crazy cover?

hell_basket
28 Dec 2012, 19:01
nobody would ever expect Meat to cover the Grateful Dead but listen to this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNKlpmtWI1s
you wouldnt be able not to cry if you heard him sing it

wolfy35
29 Dec 2012, 16:11
Can I nominate 2? My choices would be...

We are still the children
What part of my body hurts the most.

Yes I know they are both Steinman songs but IMHO they are both the greatest Steinman tracks not recorded ( Or at the least if recorded not released ) by Meat & I think he could take what are already amazing songs and turn them into something that could stun people into silence.

Evil Ernie
01 Jan 2013, 04:10
Can I nominate 2? My choices would be...

We are still the children
What part of my body hurts the most.

Yes I know they are both Steinman songs but IMHO they are both the greatest Steinman tracks not recorded ( Or at the least if recorded not released ) by Meat & I think he could take what are already amazing songs and turn them into something that could stun people into silence.

Tell me again who released them first?

(ps: sarcasm)

Yevonda
02 Jan 2013, 05:29
My suggestion may be going way out there but I think Meat could do one hell of a cover to Charlie Daniels 'Simple Man'. If you read the lyrics the song really goes along with Meat's Mad Mad World and HIAHB theme.

hell_basket
08 Jan 2013, 20:27
My suggestion may be going way out there but I think Meat could do one hell of a cover to Charlie Daniels 'Simple Man'. If you read the lyrics the song really goes along with Meat's Mad Mad World and HIAHB theme.

THIS ! forget all my suggestions this one is the best. Id never heard of this before until you posted it, now i love it. It would kick a serious amount of ass if Mr Loaf did this

Yevonda
08 Jan 2013, 21:20
Thanks man! Meat has the passion and conviction in his voice where he could make this song his own. There are a lot of old country songs that never get played on the radio and they are some of the best songs ever written. imo...

RSG
17 Jan 2013, 22:53
I think Meat and NLE could really pull off SAFE HOME by ANTHRAX.

Smithie
18 Jan 2013, 16:12
Knockin' on Heaven's Door and I would also enjoy hearing Meat & Patti record Gimme Shelter. Meat has swagger like Jagger and Patti has a soulful voice that would be perfect for this song.

The Flying Mouse
18 Jan 2013, 16:19
Knockin' on Heaven's Door and I would also enjoy hearing Meat & Patti record Gimme Shelter. Meat has swagger like Jagger and Patti has a soulful voice that would be perfect for this song.

:twisted: I'd like a really big wall of sound version on the chorus with lots of sax 8)

tsporr93
02 Feb 2013, 20:37
Definitely my vote would be Blue Tears - "A Date With Destiny". I know this was originally written with ML in mind, but as it's not a Steinman composition I would still consider it a cover.

RSG
02 Feb 2013, 21:00
Definitely my vote would be Blue Tears - "A Date With Destiny". I know this was originally written with ML in mind, but as it's not a Steinman composition I would still consider it a cover.

Yes!

RSG
17 Feb 2013, 18:22
:lurk: http://www.amazon.com/Brave-And-Crazy/dp/B000TPFK4W Just an hypothesis ...

loaferman61
18 Feb 2013, 15:32
:lurk: http://www.amazon.com/Brave-And-Crazy/dp/B000TPFK4W Just an hypothesis ...

Nice catch.

glamourgirl
19 Feb 2013, 17:29
I would enjoy hearing a Queen cover. There are too many to pick from, but I think Meat & Patti would sound awesome on any Queen song.

RSG
19 Feb 2013, 18:06
featuring Brian May :D

I haven't actually heard any Queen in quite some time. I could hear Meat and his band tackle Crazy Little Thing Called Love, and a few more like The Show Must Gone & Who Wants To Live Forever?

loaferman61
21 Feb 2013, 15:39
Meat and Patti singing "When The Lights Go Out" by Benny Mardones. There isn't a good quality youtube video but when I saw this I immediately thought of what Meat and Patti could do with the song:
http://youtu.be/wYHO64xQPiQ

dukesofhazard
21 Feb 2013, 21:19
Not so much cover songs, but I would like to see the live songs that have been mixed from the Mad Mad World tour board tapes make an appearance as extra tracks, on a bonus CD maybe :-)

RSG
21 Feb 2013, 21:21
With Hang Cool Tour's Song Of Madness ;) ;)
That song to me is like WarioLoaf to Masculine :) :)

batcity
25 Feb 2013, 21:11
I guess I'd like Meat to sing "Old Time Rock and roll", as he's a bob seger fan and i love bob seger

LucyK!
26 Feb 2013, 12:05
On the subject of Queen, Patti's version of Under Pressure with Jeff Scott Soto was outstanding, second to none in my opinion so I'd love to see some NLE Queen.

Can't imagine Meat doing the really upbeat Queen tracks like Crazy Little Thing Called Love though, I'd give him the really dramatic ones like Who Wants To Live Forever, The Show Must Go On, maybe I Want It All....

Or Barcelona! :lol: Absolute legend of a song!

RSG
26 Feb 2013, 16:38
I guess the reason I could see Meat doing Crazy Little Thing...is because he's done Elvis in the 80's... that song always remind me of Elvis... maybe its the 3 guitar chords... and recently he's sang the original upbeat track 'Don't' from the Hang Cool sessions...

And speaking of Bob Seger, since I first heard his song "Turn The Page" I think it screams Meat Loaf rock and roll on the road life style. With the exception of that one line in the song, "is that a woman or a man?" :) :)

Fire Ball
26 Feb 2013, 17:52
That is really cool !! One of my favorite songs ! don't know if it fits ! This record is really about being brave and crazy . we have 4 tracks cut but can't start working on it again till June try and get another 3 cut ! Then we have some more shows . Heads up we are working on a really cool show for Vegas. So I won't tour , but we are doing 4 weeks in Vegas in Sept. and if goes well 16 weeks in 2014 .. not on paper so doesn't count yet. The show is based on Story Tellers.

:twisted: Nice version of California Dreaming on HIHB 8) so if Meat were to put a cover on the next album, what would you like to be?

I'd like Nights In White Satin by The Moody Blues.
There's room there for a kick ass vocal with plenty of big notes, and replace the flute solo with Dancin Dave on SAX, and I think there's a can of Whoop Ass ready and waiting to be opened :metal:

JennaG
26 Feb 2013, 20:14
So I won't tour , but we are doing 4 weeks in Vegas in Sept. and if goes well 16 weeks in 2014 .. not on paper so doesn't count yet. The show is based on Story Tellers.

I know you've said that this Storytellers-type tour is not definate but would you be at all likely to be bringing it to the UK or Europe?

RSG
26 Feb 2013, 21:47
Not to sound overly needy, considering we have the fantastic Guilty Pleasures DVD last year... but if this Vegas show comes into fruition would love to have a visual/audio of it. Perhaps a online streaming thing rather.. either way I'm sure it will be ACE, Meat :D

And great to hear the update on BRAVE AND CRAZY.. the little things that have been said about it, make it sound like it will be BIG. :)

The Flying Mouse
27 Feb 2013, 01:04
That is really cool !! One of my favorite songs ! don't know if it fits ! This record is really about being brave and crazy .

:twisted: Hi Meat.
I'm glad you like the suggestion, it's a shame it doesn't fit the concept of the album, but never mind. :shrug:
I've sung the song a few times at my gigs and it's one of those songs that's a lot of fun to sing, just open the pipes and blow the cobwebs away :lol:
I think you'd kick ass on that song :cool:

we have 4 tracks cut but can't start working on it again till June try and get another 3 cut !

So far so good :up:
I look forward to hearing the album when it's done,
Is Paul producing again? I really liked the sound on HIHB.

Then we have some more shows . Heads up we are working on a really cool show for Vegas. So I won't tour , but we are doing 4 weeks in Vegas in Sept. and if goes well 16 weeks in 2014 .. not on paper so doesn't count yet. The show is based on Story Tellers.

As i've said before, I think a resident gig in Vegas will be a really good thing for you.
No long hours on planes and coaches, as much as i'd like to see you back in the UK with this show.
Once you're set up in the venue the sound checks should be quicker and more routine leaving you more time to take it easy.
The Storytellers format seems more relaxed and looks like fun.
I hope everything works out well there and you get a good run.

melon
27 Feb 2013, 02:48
That is really cool !! One of my favorite songs ! don't know if it fits ! This record is really about being brave and crazy . we have 4 tracks cut but can't start working on it again till June try and get another 3 cut ! Then we have some more shows . Heads up we are working on a really cool show for Vegas. So I won't tour , but we are doing 4 weeks in Vegas in Sept. and if goes well 16 weeks in 2014 .. not on paper so doesn't count yet. The show is based on Story Tellers.

So I MAY be making a trip to (sorry, has to be said like this) VEGAS BABY! in 2014... Cool.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

anotherday
27 Feb 2013, 23:31
So...no US farewell tour? Call me CONFUSED

BostonAngel
28 Feb 2013, 00:05

This is what Meat had posted. and this is my understanding of everything he just posted & has posted on the subject in the past.
He is touring the UK and Europe this summer. it will be his Farewell tour for that area. Possibly a tour of the US later on in this year.
A Vegas residency for September is in the works but nothing is signed on the dotted line.
There is also a residency planned for Vegas in 2014 based on The Story Tellers tour. Again, not 100% confirmed yet.
He will be touring the US sometime between 2013-2014, which will be the end of his major touring.
He may do some dates at certain times in the US. However 2013-2014 will be the final/Farewell for major world touring.
As much as I dislike the idea, it has to happen at sometime. I will treasure all of the wonderful amazing spectacular shows I have seen over the years

Vickip
28 Feb 2013, 00:10

Then we have some more shows . Heads up we are working on a really cool show for Vegas. So I won't tour , but we are doing 4 weeks in Vegas in Sept. and if goes well 16 weeks in 2014 .. not on paper so doesn't count yet. The show is based on Story Tellers.

I read it that he's still planning on doing some shows in the US this summer (July) before the shows in Vegas, and will then be done touring.
At least I hope that's true ...... you can call me CONFUSED too, and hopefully Meat can clear it up for us.

RSG
28 Feb 2013, 00:19
Meat Loaf - A hard working man. A touring force of nature. Undeniably committed to his fans. With recording yet another album.. two.. including 'Hot Holidays' is my understanding, the man works very hard. Always innovative.. .. He is the mighty! Never ceases to amaze me.
May this year be well and everything you want it to be, Mr. Loaf.

stretch37
28 Feb 2013, 00:36
I read it that he's still planning on doing some shows in the US this summer (July) before the shows in Vegas, and will then be done touring.
At least I hope that's true ...... you can call me CONFUSED too, and hopefully Meat can clear it up for us.

lol, totally mis-read that quote. Call me dumb. Yeah, I was really hoping the tour would continue to the US/Canada like Meat had indicated awhile back. Hopefully Meat can clear that up when he has some time :D

Vickip
28 Feb 2013, 00:49
lol, totally mis-read that quote. Call me dumb. Yeah, I was really hoping the tour would continue to the US/Canada like Meat had indicated awhile back. Hopefully Meat can clear that up when he has some time :D

LOL ! And I just deleted my other reply to you :-P Exactly :up:

Evil Ernie
28 Feb 2013, 06:36

If I had to take a guess I would say that ML will do a few shows on the US, a few in the UK, Perhaps a small European Tour and that's it.

I doubt that he will ever play Canada again. Which is sad IMO as per Capita Canada is one the top ML countries in the World. Plus his wife is Canadian.

I understand him not coming though. Canada is a pretty long way from where he lives... :roll:

stretch37
28 Feb 2013, 07:06
If I had to take a guess I would say that ML will do a few shows on the US, a few in the UK, Perhaps a small European Tour and that's it.

I doubt that he will ever play Canada again. Which is sad IMO as per Capita Canada is one the top ML countries in the World. Plus his wife is Canadian.

I understand him not coming though. Canada is a pretty long way from where he lives... :roll:

Yeah it is pretty far away, I'm a home-body so I can totally relate heheh. I'm totally ok with heading to wherever he is in the US, always do enjoy travelling down south every once in awhile :D

RSG
28 Feb 2013, 09:08
His 'Hang Cool Tour' provided me an incredible concert. experience in Atlantic, Canada. The hitching a ride.. the double encore.. The songs that night.. standing immediately before Crook's guitar pedals.. with a friend.. meeting Jeanie & Kathy.. as much as I would attend another show.. I'm totally cool w/ where Mr. Loaf decides where and when he tours. Just the fact he's still doing it and recording another record... still working in films.. it's incredible.. I think on the internet.. his hard work does get known.. I'm 25.. and he will ALWAYS be like a hero to me.
As a child, men around me were never passionate.. granted hard working. But Meat made a life of film and rock and roll. And he's still going!

loaferman61
02 Mar 2013, 21:09
Not to sound overly needy, considering we have the fantastic Guilty Pleasures DVD last year... but if this Vegas show comes into fruition would love to have a visual/audio of it. Perhaps a online streaming thing rather.. either way I'm sure it will be ACE, Meat :D

And great to hear the update on BRAVE AND CRAZY.. the little things that have been said about it, make it sound like it will be BIG. :)

If this is the last days of touring I think for the sake of posterity a dvd should be made if they can find someone to (other than concrtone, sorry but just sayin'). It would be a shame not to have one last show on DVD and Vegas is a long haul for a poor man on the east coast.

loaferman61
02 Mar 2013, 21:13
I was listening to "It Was Almost Like A Song" by Ronnie Milsap and it seems perfect for Meat. I don't think it has been covered lately. I also think Benny Mardones has at least 3 possibilities (including duets) in his catalog. Benny is an excellent writer and if you can get into his style of voice he can rock. His slower stuff would be great with a Meat version.

ShelbyLee
05 Mar 2013, 17:18
Not to sound overly needy, considering we have the fantastic Guilty Pleasures DVD last year... but if this Vegas show comes into fruition would love to have a visual/audio of it.

I'm hoping for a dvd of the Last at Bat tour (a concert dvd and a real documentary that includes Patti and the band). Since it's the last tour, hopefully it will be captured for posterity.

RoknRollJesus
05 Mar 2013, 18:23
I would relish a Meaty version of Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah". Vocal and Piano...thats it.

LucyK!
05 Mar 2013, 18:29
"Like" isn't good enough for Jo's post....LIKE! LOVE!! *insert begging face here*!

Vickip
05 Mar 2013, 20:08
"Like" isn't good enough for Jo's post....LIKE! LOVE!! *insert begging face here*!

I second that :up:

ninja
06 Mar 2013, 18:50
I second that :up:

yes yes yes :-D

tsporr93
18 Apr 2013, 04:39
"Fighting for You" by Robert Tepper has always sounded like a ML song to me, even has a female duet part. But I mean seriously, come on, how long do we have to wait for a ML cover of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and "Making Love Out of Nothing at All"?????

hell_basket
22 Apr 2013, 18:23
yes yes yes :-D

what song is it?
edit
sorry im blind, jeff buckley, good call

Cherry.Loaf
23 Apr 2013, 08:31
Country cover of Hotel California :lol:

lorenzoduke
23 Apr 2013, 16:05
what song is it?
edit
sorry im blind, jeff buckley, good call

Written and originally recorded by Leonard Cohen.

Sorry to disagree, but given that this song has been covered literally dozens of times in the last few years I think it would be a terrible idea for Meat to cover it at this stage. It'd just look like jumping on a bandwagon 2 years after the fact.

I'd love to hear him sing 'Back In The Crowd' from Tom Waits' last album.

sexyeyes_jo
23 Apr 2013, 22:41
I would actually love to see Meat singing Living on a prayer by bon jovi and you're the devil in disguise by elvis i think it would be pretty cool to see him sing those songs :-)

samurai7
24 Apr 2013, 00:57
Written and originally recorded by Leonard Cohen.

Sorry to disagree, but given that this song has been covered literally dozens of times in the last few years I think it would be a terrible idea for Meat to cover it at this stage. It'd just look like jumping on a bandwagon 2 years after the fact.

I'd love to hear him sing 'Back In The Crowd' from Tom Waits' last album.

Tom Waits has some great songs. I'm kind of imagining Meatified 'Ruby's Arms' now.

AndrewG
24 Apr 2013, 01:16
This.
cJdOw92DC-A

lorenzoduke
25 Apr 2013, 00:41
I would actually love to see Meat singing Living on a prayer by bon jovi and you're the devil in disguise by elvis i think it would be pretty cool to see him sing those songs :-)

If I were to pick an Elvis song for Meat to cover, I'd absolutely have to go with 'Tomorrow Never Comes'. It SCREAMS him.

dalearmstrong18
05 May 2013, 03:10
I would love to hear him do Jonny Cash- Hurt. How awesome would that sound !!

The Flying Mouse
05 May 2013, 04:14
I would love to hear him do Jonny Cash- Hurt. How awesome would that sound !!

:twisted: That would be good :up:
*Note to self* sing Hurt in the style of Meat soon :mrgreen:

RSG
05 May 2013, 04:35
Hurt - with some Nine Inch Nails fixins. :twisted: It is a lyric I can hear Meat belting though.

Than also 'Come As You Are' Nirvana and 'Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This' Eurythmics/Marilyn Manson would be swell also, imo :))

Cherry.Loaf
11 May 2013, 21:02
I've always thought this duet had potential to sound fantastic if it was rocked up a few notches:
XxqxhE2JmZ0