PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Topic ideas

Renegade Angel
23 Jul 2003, 14:25
Im not saying that these topics should be included but I just thought about a couple of topics to add to the forums that might be good.

The First One is 'Tour Memories' where members can discuss their favourite tours and add pictures and set-lists ect, with every tour or year being a sub-topic.

The second one being a 'Bootleg' topic.
I know that Bootlegs are illegal and Im not sure what Meat's views on the subject are, but lets face it most of us fans have them or will have encountered them at some point, so it would be good to discuss which ones are the best ect.
I don't think that people should be allowed to sell or trade them on here but just a place to talk about the best/worst ones that are out there.

Anyway, these are just my ideas, I don't mind either way, if they get added to the forum or not, but these are just a couple of topics I think would make good conversation amongst fans.

Tim
23 Jul 2003, 22:21
About your topics.... can imagine that. Tour memoires is okay with me... but he... that's me.
Bootlegs, there has been already post a topic about it... don't know where and when, but there is.

About bootlegs... check Michel and my site!! :lol: (not promoting :lol:)

The Butcher.

Wild_Honey
24 Jul 2003, 12:02
Do we have a "Concert Review" Topic too?? 8O Cos I think that could be nice as well?

Shadows On The Wall
24 Jul 2003, 17:19
I think most topics have been covered

Renegade Angel
24 Jul 2003, 22:24
Tim - Have you forgotton? - I already visited your site and have traded with you before.

Renegade Angel
24 Jul 2003, 22:28
You have all got me wrong - what I meant is that maybe there should be a Bootleg and Tour memories section as part of the forum along with the ones that are already here such as 'General Messages', 'Events' 'Off Topic' ect, I don't just mean create a topic and then discss it, I mean a perminant fixture on the forum.

Tim
25 Jul 2003, 15:07
You have all got me wrong - what I meant is that maybe there should be a Bootleg and Tour memories section as part of the forum along with the ones that are already here such as 'General Messages', 'Events' 'Off Topic' ect, I don't just mean create a topic and then discss it, I mean a perminant fixture on the forum.

Don't think that is a good idea... cause bootlegs are illegal, most of them. So then you will have an illegal part on this forum, and the official ML site recognize this site.... But with something illegal not anymore.. That is what i think of it.

The Butcher

CarylB
27 Jul 2003, 04:29
Renegade Angel wrote:
Im not saying that these topics should be included but I just thought about a couple of topics to add to the forums that might be good.
The second one being a 'Bootleg' topic.

The other thread on which there is discussion on this is Concert Recordings in General Messages. Imo discussion on bootlegging which in any way encourages or supports it is an odd topic for a board which Meat visits, and my reasoning is on that thread. All I'd say here is that R's post on that thread includes:

I certainly do not like the idea behind this thread. I do consider bootlegging as illegal and the recent changes in european copyright laws reflect this too......
..... please respect that I do not want to see any direct or indirect links to bootlegged, ripped or any other copyrighted material in this or any other thread.

QED I rest my case