PDA

View Full Version : Playlist: The Very Best of Meat Loaf [Original recording remastered]

Elijah's way
22 Sep 2012, 16:17
Does anyone know anything about this and what the tracklist is? release date is 10/9/12 it's on amazon

Evil One
22 Sep 2012, 16:38
Never seen it before. :rly:

misterfive
23 Sep 2012, 03:22
Post a link.

evil nickname
23 Sep 2012, 21:33
Does anyone know anything about this and what the tracklist is? release date is 10/9/12 it's on amazon

My initial reaction was, "Well, it's another Sony compilation, so it will probably be another mix of tracks from the first three albums." Then I saw the tracklist according to Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/21732364):

1. Paradise By The Dashboard Light
2. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
3. Hot Patootie-Bless My Soul
4. I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us
5. Dead Ringer For Love
6. Midnight At The Lost And Found
7. Modern Girl
8. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Nights) (Live)
9. Bat Out Of Hell (Live)
10. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) (Radio Edit)
11. Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
12. I's Lie For You (And That's The Truth)
13. All Of Me

Which seems a decent selection, if not a bit odd.

PanicLord
24 Sep 2012, 10:00
My initial reaction was, "Well, it's another Sony compilation, so it will probably be another mix of tracks from the first three albums." Then I saw the tracklist according to Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/ip/21732364):

1. Paradise By The Dashboard Light
2. Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad
3. Hot Patootie-Bless My Soul
4. I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us
5. Dead Ringer For Love
6. Midnight At The Lost And Found
7. Modern Girl
8. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Nights) (Live)
9. Bat Out Of Hell (Live)
10. I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) (Radio Edit)
11. Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
12. I's Lie For You (And That's The Truth)
13. All Of Me

Which seems a decent selection, if not a bit odd.

Oooh number four... NUMBER FOUR!!!

Cherry.Loaf
24 Sep 2012, 11:39
I may have to get this it sounds a lot like hits out of hell (which is my favourite compilation) but the live tracks are certainly appealing!

The Flying Mouse
24 Sep 2012, 14:13

:twisted: Never heard of it :p :mrgreen: :lol:

evil nickname
24 Sep 2012, 16:42
I may have to get this it sounds a lot like hits out of hell (which is my favourite compilation) but the live tracks are certainly appealing!

I got a feeling those won't be something you haven't heard before.

Wario
24 Sep 2012, 17:20
or they could be off the new sydney live CD since all of me is there and thats recent.

But they are most likely either the MSO or LATW recordings.

Fire Ball
25 Sep 2012, 01:25
I can tell you it is something Sony is putting out, with the agrement they get rid of a lot of Junk they had released in the past , when I had no control.
M

Fire Ball
25 Sep 2012, 01:26
It all stuff you have heard before !! nothing new. Except the Picture on the cover .
M

Vickip
25 Sep 2012, 02:01
It all stuff you have heard before !! nothing new. Except the Picture on the cover .
M

Thanks for the info Meat !

melon
25 Sep 2012, 02:37
Thanks Meat

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

PanicLord
25 Sep 2012, 09:28
I can tell you it is something Sony is putting out, with the agrement they get rid of a lot of Junk they had released in the past , when I had no control.
M

Nice. I don't know if it was obvious but I am VERY excited about the possibility of getting a remastered version of I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us!

Cherry.Loaf
25 Sep 2012, 12:31
Nice. I don't know if it was obvious but I am VERY excited about the possibility of getting a remastered version of I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us!

Me to my all time favourite song :D

PanicLord
25 Sep 2012, 16:10
Me to my all time favourite song :D

And mine... oooh

ninja
25 Sep 2012, 21:39
M

thank you for the info, Meat!

loaferman61
25 Sep 2012, 23:26
If the older songs are remastered well it would be worth getting. As it stands now I have all these songs many times over. I always thought Dead Ringer (the album) needed remastering.

PanicLord
26 Sep 2012, 00:01
If the older songs are remastered well it would be worth getting. As it stands now I have all these songs many times over. I always thought Dead Ringer (the album) needed remastering.

Yes,the whole album remastered would be awesome. But if we can't get that then Dead Ringer For Love and I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us would be my next two choices so I'm good either way :)

Evil One
05 Oct 2012, 22:26
or they could be off the new sydney live CD since all of me is there and thats recent.

But they are most likely either the MSO or LATW recordings.Or most likely they are from the '87 Wembley live CD as:

A) this is a Sony compilation and they always recycle these tracks
B) all the songs are in chronological order and
C) you can hear samples here: http://www.amazon.com/Playlist-Very-Best-Meat-Loaf/dp/B009I9ZBUS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1349465125&sr=8-2&keywords=playlist+the+very+best+of+meat+loaf

PanicLord
06 Oct 2012, 01:04

Ohhhh I've just noticed some of the other tracks lol. Will be good to have remastered versions of Modern Girl and Midnight too!

The Flying Mouse
08 Oct 2012, 22:39
M

:twisted: So I assume you have more control now Meat?
How did that come about?

Have you got control over any future releases, and is there going to any new unreleased material (studio or live) on them?

A) this is a Sony compilation and they always recycle these tracks

Imagine if Sony were going to release a string of 10 Steinman composed compilation albums.

There would be approx 14 different words in the entire set :shock: :lol:

PanicLord
15 Oct 2012, 22:03
Wow, mine's on its way, due to be here next Monday! This is about 3 weeks earlier than the original estimate... very excited.

Oooh number 4.

Evil One
15 Oct 2012, 22:20
I suspect you'll be somewhat less excited when you discover nothing has been remastered. :lol:

PanicLord
15 Oct 2012, 22:27
I suspect you'll be somewhat less excited when you discover nothing has been remastered. :lol:

It better bloody well have been otherwise it's going straight back!

anotherday
16 Oct 2012, 09:20
What is the point of "remastering" anyway?

chairboys
16 Oct 2012, 11:02

££££££££££££ or $$$$$$$$$$$$

PanicLord
16 Oct 2012, 11:09
££££££££££££ or $$$$$$$$$$$$

Well yes £ but also to improve the sound quality. The collectors edition of Bat 2 and WTTN sound far superior to my original CDs of the same album, much punchier sound with clearer vocals, especially when ripped to MP3.

I'm hoping and praying the same thing will happen on this album!

PanicLord
18 Oct 2012, 19:50
Oooooh...

I've only listened to the songs once through on my PC, but I am sure they sound much improved!

Bass and percussion are punchier, vocals clearer, and high end stuff brighter.

For example, on IGLHFBOU I think the hiss has gone, there is much better seperation of different instruments, and the clicky instrument (castanets?) sound clearer and sharper and tinklier.

Need to listen to them through my headphones to be sure but very pleased so far.

PS One giveaway is that the file sizes and bit rates were very different than the previous files (I use highest quality VBR) so I dont think I'm imagining it all :)

PanicLord
20 Oct 2012, 15:53
Oooooh...

I've only listened to the songs once through on my PC, but I am sure they sound much improved!

Bass and percussion are punchier, vocals clearer, and high end stuff brighter.

For example, on IGLHFBOU I think the hiss has gone, there is much better seperation of different instruments, and the clicky instrument (castanets?) sound clearer and sharper and tinklier.

Need to listen to them through my headphones to be sure but very pleased so far.

PS One giveaway is that the file sizes and bit rates were very different than the previous files (I use highest quality VBR) so I dont think I'm imagining it all :)

Ok the hiss is mostly gone on IGLHFBOU. This is my favourite song and now sounds really punchy and dynamic. you can also hear so much more detail eg in the backing singing. Gone is the feeling that someone recorded the lp onto a tape and then transferred that recording onto CD. It sounds like a proper CD and I love it!

Midnight has never sounded so good. Modern Girl is also great but I never realised how much echo there is on the vocals!

Last but not least even Dead Ringer sounds punchier with deeper bass and percussion.

Pleased as punch with these 4 songs. As an added bonus it also has a great radio edit of AFL.

Evil One
20 Oct 2012, 16:01
Ok the hiss is mostly gone on IGLHFBOU. This is my favourite song and now sounds really punchy and dynamic. you can also hear so much more detail eg in the backing singing. Gone is the feeling that someone recorded the lp onto a tape and then transferred that recording onto CD. It sounds like a proper CD and I love it!So if they can do one song from Dead Ringer, why can't they do the rest of the album? :roll:

PanicLord
20 Oct 2012, 16:20
Maybe one day, one compilation at a time :)

PS it's 2 songs ;)

loaferman61
24 Oct 2012, 18:44
Ok the hiss is mostly gone on IGLHFBOU. This is my favourite song and now sounds really punchy and dynamic. you can also hear so much more detail eg in the backing singing. Gone is the feeling that someone recorded the lp onto a tape and then transferred that recording onto CD. It sounds like a proper CD and I love it!

Midnight has never sounded so good. Modern Girl is also great but I never realised how much echo there is on the vocals!

Last but not least even Dead Ringer sounds punchier with deeper bass and percussion.

Pleased as punch with these 4 songs. As an added bonus it also has a great radio edit of AFL.
Definitely sounds better, great price, and perfect for the car and driving around. I would have made a few different song choices. Mainly I would not have used the live stuff with the Kulick version of the NLE, even though the vocals are great. Still it is a very good deal. I picked it up for $7.

Evil One
24 Oct 2012, 19:21
Have the live songs been remastered, or do they still sound as poor as before?

loaferman61
24 Oct 2012, 20:16
Have the live songs been remastered, or do they still sound as poor as before?

I don't notice any real difference on those. I mainly notice it on the songs from Dead Ringer. As has been mentioned the original DR CD has a bit of hiss sounding like it was recorded from tape to CD. The new versions sound more up-to-date technology-wise. It may have been as simple as using modern methods vs. what was used on early CD's. The vocals from 1987 are still great, but those are still not my favorite live versions. I suspect most of the rest was remastered for the Very Best Of package. I also question why MATLAF is included I guess since Meat was a writer on it. Still for $7 it is a good driving around soundtrack.

Evil One
14 Jan 2016, 22:21
This thread is full of bollocks. I recently acquired this CD and unfortunately it's a case of the Emperor's new clothes. Most of it isn't even remastered. I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us is EXACTLY the same as on my Dead Ringer CD. The only differences are Dead Ringer and the live tracks have slightly less volume in the mid-range, and Rock And Roll Dreams comes from the 2002 US edition. Remastered my arse :roll:

Evil Ernie
15 Jan 2016, 02:07
I usually find that remasters simply make everything louder and that you can't hear as much stuff as the versions that aren't as loud.

PanicLord
15 Jan 2016, 21:29
This thread is full of bollocks. I recently acquired this CD and unfortunately it's a case of the Emperor's new clothes. Most of it isn't even remastered. I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us is EXACTLY the same as on my Dead Ringer CD. The only differences are Dead Ringer and the live tracks have slightly less volume in the mid-range, and Rock And Roll Dreams comes from the 2002 US edition. Remastered my arse :roll:

Sorry completely disagree. My copy sounds much better with way less hiss and a far clearer sound. Meats voice is clearer as are the backing singers and there is more bass.

I use vbr mp3 and the file sizes are much bigger with the new cd than the old album and sound much better.

Perhaps my copy of the original album is duff or something but I noticed a huge difference.