PDA

View Full Version : Meat Loaf Mentions @ The Celluloid Jam

Dave
04 Jun 2012, 23:38
I have returned from The Celluloid Jam 2 Rocky Horror Picture Show Convention and had the time of my life! The weekend was really spectacular and got to talk with a lot of Meat Loaf fans from the Rocky Horror Picture Show world. I was pleasantly surprised at walking into one of the many room parties and hearing "If I Can't Have You" playing as the atmosphere music. It brought a smile to my face. I got to talk with several people who "bought a slice" for charity from Meat Loaf's Celebrity Apprentice, which was really fun. They said he seemed like he was having the time of his life working the crowd.

The highlight of the weekend happened after The Rocky Horror Picture Show screening on Saturday night. The movie faded and the room was all aglow in the excitement of everyone having just watched the movie when an annoncement came over the PA there was some bonus footage to watch....the projector flickered and Jim Steinman's face appeared yelling "on a hot summer night...."I had the honor of seeing the original three Bat Out Of Hell videos from original 16 mm prints. The room rocked with a sing and dance along to some of the greatest songs in all of rock and roll history. I thought I should share this info with you all to let you know our Sex God of Rock and Roll closed out this year's RockyCon in true style!!!

Vickip
05 Jun 2012, 01:09
I have returned from The Celluloid Jam 2 Rocky Horror Picture Show Convention and had the time of my life! The weekend was really spectacular and got to talk with a lot of Meat Loaf fans from the Rocky Horror Picture Show world. I was pleasantly surprised at walking into one of the many room parties and hearing "If I Can't Have You" playing as the atmosphere music. It brought a smile to my face. I got to talk with several people who "bought a slice" for charity from Meat Loaf's Celebrity Apprentice, which was really fun. They said he seemed like he was having the time of his life working the crowd.

The highlight of the weekend happened after The Rocky Horror Picture Show screening on Saturday night. The movie faded and the room was all aglow in the excitement of everyone having just watched the movie when an annoncement came over the PA there was some bonus footage to watch....the projector flickered and Jim Steinman's face appeared yelling "on a hot summer night...."I had the honor of seeing the original three Bat Out Of Hell videos from original 16 mm prints. The room rocked with a sing and dance along to some of the greatest songs in all of rock and roll history. I thought I should share this info with you all to let you know our Sex God of Rock and Roll closed out this year's RockyCon in true style!!!

Excellent :D :D

Wario
05 Jun 2012, 01:13
fantastic...... wish they could record these conventions as like documentary material

BostonAngel
05 Jun 2012, 05:05
That is awesome for you

Dave
05 Jun 2012, 07:13
fantastic...... wish they could record these conventions as like documentary material

There were a lot of people making video; however, you cant really release it to the general public...there is that whole it is illegal to video a movie thing. :-)

ninja
06 Jun 2012, 23:37
absolutely fantastic :D

Cherry.Loaf
07 Jun 2012, 01:45
Sounds heavenly!