PDA

View Full Version : Couldnt Have Said It Better LP??

Luke Shaw
03 May 2012, 10:44
Hi everyone, i'm a bit of a collector of Meat Loaf vinyl and i have classics such as Welcome to the Neighborhood and Bat I+II+III on vinyl. But i cannot find "Couldn't have said it better" on 12" I'm sure I saw a photograph of it somewhere, but is seams to be pretty elusive at the moment! Any help would be appreaciated :D

AndyK
03 May 2012, 10:50
CHSIB is up there as the Holy Grail for Meat Loaf vinyl collectors. There are many on here who are searching for it, and a few of us who can sit back smugly safe in the knowledge we have a copy locked away guarded by leopards ... :))

Good luck in your hunt, I've not seen another copy for sale since I bought mine 4 or 5 years ago.

samurai7
03 May 2012, 10:53
I've only ever seen it appear on ebay once, and I was outbid at the last second (most likely by someone on this forum :bleh: )

Kev
03 May 2012, 11:35
I've only ever seen it appear on ebay once, and I was outbid at the last second (most likely by someone on this forum :bleh: )

I've given up! Actually, I'm looking to get rid of a load of my Meaty stuff so will be listing it on here soon :)

The Flying Mouse
03 May 2012, 19:04
:twisted: As has been noted above, it's a rare piece of vinyl.

I waited for the album to be released in the UK with a blue cover.

That was a mistake :doh:

DJLeen
03 May 2012, 22:43
I am a vinyl collector of ML albums also, i have them --almost-- all except for... Couldn't have said it better... Okay... this is going to be a exciting hunt after that vinyl album.. Wish me luck !! ;))

Vickip
03 May 2012, 23:06
I am a vinyl collector of ML albums also, i have them --almost-- all except for... Couldn't have said it better... Okay... this is going to be a exciting hunt after that vinyl album.. Wish me luck !! ;))

Good luck :)) I got mine through a 2nd hand record dealer on Amazon in Germany when it first came out. It was one of the copies with the labels reversed (i.e. the true Side A labeled as Side B) ... and Meat autographed the cover for me when I saw him at Hershey in 2010. So now it's safely hanging in a frame on my wall .. and not going anywhere :)) :))

The Flying Mouse
03 May 2012, 23:57
It was one of the copies with the labels reversed (i.e. the true Side A labeled as Side B

:twisted: Faulty goods eh? :(

Still, you could always send it back for a refund :idea:

Orrrrrrrrr................ :bleh:

I know how busy these record company chapies can be, so you could always send it to me and i'll be happy to give you what you paid for it.

No, no, don't thank me, it's no trouble at all :mrgreen:

Vickip
04 May 2012, 01:11
:twisted: Faulty goods eh? :(

Still, you could always send it back for a refund :idea:

Orrrrrrrrr................ :bleh:

I know how busy these record company chapies can be, so you could always send it to me and i'll be happy to give you what you paid for it.

No, no, don't thank me, it's no trouble at all :mrgreen:

Good try !! I don't think so :lmao:

The Flying Mouse
04 May 2012, 14:29
:twisted: 'twas worth a try :mrgreen:

Vickip
04 May 2012, 14:53
:twisted: 'twas worth a try :mrgreen:

:))

chairboys
04 May 2012, 20:47
unlikely scenario - CHSIB vinyl becomes available on ebay.
how high would the bidding go to?

Vickip
04 May 2012, 22:34
unlikely scenario - CHSIB vinyl becomes available on ebay.
how high would the bidding go to?

I've actually seen it on Ebay once ... but I honestly don't remember how high the bidding went.

rockfenris2005
06 May 2012, 13:56
I'll go as high as 300 if I must. I really want it.

Sarge
07 May 2012, 11:35
I got mine through a 2nd hand record dealer on Amazon in Germany when it first came out.

You definitely have to focus on the German market as the vinyl release was a Germany only thing.

It was one of the copies with the labels reversed (i.e. the true Side A labeled as Side B) ...

As far as I know this is the case with all copies. I haven't seen one without interchanged labels so far. Does anybody have a CHSIB record that has correct labeling? By the way, many collectors regard such errors as something that adds to the value. :-)

I'll go as high as 300 if I must. I really want it.

Don't worry, you probably won't have to pay that much. I've seen it on eBay a few times and the highest price it went for was something between 30 and 40 €, as far as I recall. The price isn't the problem - its limited availability is. If you're lucky you don't have to fork out that much money but finding a copy requires constant searching. What you need is patience and investigative skill. ;)

Monstro
07 May 2012, 12:30
Don't worry, you probably won't have to pay that much. I've seen it on eBay a few times and the highest price it went for was something between 30 and 40 €, as far as I recall.

Last one went for £140

Sarge
07 May 2012, 13:05
Seems as if it pays off not to live in the UK when it comes to collecting Meat Loaf vinyl. ;) The highest price I paid for a Meat Loaf record was 50 € for a copy of WTTN.

Edit: I have to slightly correct myself. On the one hand it might be easier to get an affordable copy of the CHSIB vinyl in Germany, on the other hand there are several items that have been released in other countries that you hardly find on the German market. Then again, if everything was easily available everywhere, collecting and hunting for particular items would be less fun.

RSG
07 May 2012, 13:24
I once had bad for good on lp with rock and roll dreams on a 45. Excellent condition. Gave it away, wish I could find another one!

AndyK
07 May 2012, 13:53
I once had bad for good on lp with rock and roll dreams on a 45. Excellent condition. Gave it away, wish I could find another one!

That combo (the RnRD and The Storm on the bonus EP) appears on ebay fairly often so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

samurai7
07 May 2012, 15:03
Interestingly (or not) the free storm/r'n'r dreams single that came with my LP is a 33rpm

Gez
13 May 2012, 13:17
..so would you say this item is almost as elusive as the Popcorn Blizzard item?

Steve6
25 May 2012, 22:00
I don't understand people wanting the whole vinyl record. ;) I buy it as it is in the shops. My CHSIB has been marked and used till kingdom come, and it still plays all the songs as smoothly and perfectly as ever.

The Flying Mouse
25 May 2012, 22:18
I don't understand people wanting the whole vinyl record.

:twisted: Good, in that case, rather than buy it yourself, you can quietly PM me with a link next time you find a cheap copy on online :mrgreen:

Vickip
26 May 2012, 01:24
:twisted: Good, in that case, rather than buy it yourself, you can quietly PM with a link me next time you find a cheap copy on online :mrgreen:

:))

Kai-H.
05 Jun 2012, 21:25
I have an unplayed LP here ... if someone needs, please send PM to talk about.

The Flying Mouse
05 Jun 2012, 21:46

:twisted: Commence the bidding war :shock:

melon
07 Jun 2012, 08:54

Oh dear *staples hands to the desk* can't.... Spend.... Any.... More!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

Gez
14 Jun 2012, 19:22
:twisted: Commence the bidding war :shock:

Haha Neill. Time to get the chain-saw out and open that wallet of yours;)

Wario
15 Jun 2012, 02:03

pur it on ebay I say and let everyone bid in public cause thats farr more entertaining :))

wish i had money lol

duke knooby
15 Jun 2012, 02:13
wish i had money lol

why?

Wario
15 Jun 2012, 02:18
why?

whats this?

duke knooby
15 Jun 2012, 02:19
lol

melon
15 Jun 2012, 05:43
wish i had money lol

I second this, but for me... not you lol

Kai-H.
19 Jun 2012, 17:16
OFFER CLOSED: Saled for 200 Pound to UK.

Monstro
12 Jul 2012, 22:31
CHSIB is up there as the Holy Grail for Meat Loaf vinyl collectors. There are many on here who are searching for it, and a few of us who can sit back smugly safe in the knowledge we have a copy locked away guarded by leopards ... :)).

And I'm now in possession of my copy and no it wasn't the one sold on this thread..........got to get leopard food now lol

Vickip
12 Jul 2012, 23:02
And I'm now in possession of my copy and no it wasn't the one sold on this thread..........got to get leopard food now lol
:up: :up:

Wario
12 Jul 2012, 23:11

good. i have rhinos thatll surely suffice. sucks for you

Deena J
12 Jul 2012, 23:32

Jealous!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Monstro
12 Jul 2012, 23:44
I've must say thank you to RJ who kindly donated this to my collection as he was more concerned it went somewhere where it would be appreciated and looked after than a money sale. Cheers m8!!!

RadioMaster
16 Jul 2012, 17:31
no probs, was just lying aroound in some drawer anyway :))

Fire Ball
30 Jul 2012, 08:53
CHSIB will be in the show in 2013.

LucyK!
30 Jul 2012, 09:32

But where will the 2013 shows be..?

L96
30 Jul 2012, 10:09
Northern hemisphere, would be my guess. :lol:

GDW
30 Jul 2012, 10:39
Not in Australia is my guess!

Cherry.Loaf
30 Jul 2012, 11:30

Gotta be the Uk right?;)

Vickip
30 Jul 2012, 14:36

2013 ? Sweet :D Can't wait to see CHSIB live again !

LisaT
30 Jul 2012, 15:48
2013 ? Sweet :D Can't wait to see CHSIB live again !

Erm, excuse me Vicki...YOU have had all the concerts that you are gonna get; I'm sure Meat will be bringing this to US in the UK next year! ;)

LisaT
30 Jul 2012, 15:49
Gotta be the Uk right?;)

Gotta be. I had a feeling our turn would come next year. Meat deserves a good break before setting off on the next leg of the tour.

LisaT
30 Jul 2012, 15:50

Excellent news! :D

The Flying Mouse
30 Jul 2012, 17:03

:twisted: You haven't got a few vinyl copies knocking about do you? :bleh: :mrgreen:

Deena J
30 Jul 2012, 17:10
:twisted: You haven't got a few vinyl copies knocking about do you? :bleh: :mrgreen:

Good question!!!!!! If you do, ooohhhh pick me! Me! Me! Mememememememe! LOL ;)

melon
30 Jul 2012, 17:17

PUHHHLEEEESE???? :D lol

LucyK!
30 Jul 2012, 17:17
Good question!!!!!! If you do, ooohhhh pick me! Me! Me! Mememememememe! LOL ;)

Not a chance does he! I seem to remember, "legend has it" that Meat didn't even know that vinyls had been made until someone turned up to a meet and greet in Germany and presented one to be signed..wasn't there only about 100 made?

Sue K
30 Jul 2012, 17:18

Oh, that's wonderful ... It's a fave of mine ... In fact, the cd is always in rote on my mp3 player... Why Isn't That Enough is my very fave off the album, I think ... Continued good shows, fun and safe travels... Looking forward to seeing the Philly show Thursday ... xo

The Flying Mouse
30 Jul 2012, 17:28
Not a chance does he! I seem to remember, "legend has it" that Meat didn't even know that vinyls had been made until someone turned up to a meet and greet in Germany and presented one to be signed..wasn't there only about 100 made?

:twisted: That story rings a bell now you mention it.
Didn't Meat think it was a bootleg at first?

I think it was 100 and twenty odd (126 comes to mind for some reason :? ) copies made all together.

Deena J
30 Jul 2012, 17:32
:twisted: That story rings a bell now you mention it.
Didn't Meat think it was a bootleg at first?

I think it was 100 and twenty odd (126 comes to mind for some reason :? ) copies made all together.

That sounds depressingly difficult to find now. :(

I hate having incomplete collections! LOL If I buy a book and like it, then I keep it and re-read it every now & again; but if I find out it is part of a series, I will go CRAAAZY trying to find the rest of them!!!! LOL Call it a quirk.... Hazard of being a librarian... Obsession.... Whatever! ;)

melon
30 Jul 2012, 17:46

Oh wow :shock:

Vickip
30 Jul 2012, 18:08
Erm, excuse me Vicki...YOU have had all the concerts that you are gonna get; I'm sure Meat will be bringing this to US in the UK next year! ;)

LOL !! Of course I meant when he comes back to the USA AFTER you get to see him in the UK :D I'm just happy to know that the tour is going so well and this summer won't be the last time I see him ;) Always something great to look forward to :D

Wario
30 Jul 2012, 19:39
Well theoretically the UK tour would be this fall/winter and going by pattern, 2013 would be a US summer tour again. Soooooo cannot wait for CHSIB!!! :D

JennaG
30 Jul 2012, 20:26
Well theoretically the UK tour would be this fall/winter and going by pattern, 2013 would be a US summer tour again. Soooooo cannot wait for CHSIB!!! :D

Is the UK tour going to be in autumn or winter though?

We had a winter tour last time, I think it'd be nice to go a summer show but somehow I'm not sure that it's going to happen. :(

Adje
30 Jul 2012, 21:19

I would be very surprised if Meat doesn't visit Germany. He has some of his biggest fanbase over there.

Unfortunately I am pretty certain a Dutch concert won't happen. I'll go to either Germany or the UK. I prefer Germany. No chairs in the center arena (never got that during rock concerts) and usually the Germans are more alive as a crowd. So I really hope for a German series ;)

And after that You Americans can have him back :cool:

Meatfan4ever
30 Jul 2012, 21:27

I'm in the exact same boat... Have all on LP even some compilation albums...Just can't find CHSIB :(

RadioMaster
30 Jul 2012, 22:17
I prefer Germany. No chairs in the center arena (never got that during rock concerts) and usually the Germans are more alive as a crowd. So I really hope for a German series ;)

strange... I made the exactly opposite experience. I think especially at ML concerts the british crowds are much more... alive!

so CHSIB in 2013? Bring it on!!

samurai7
30 Jul 2012, 22:39
I prefer Germany. No chairs in the center arena (never got that during rock concerts) and usually the Germans are more alive as a crowd.

You should really check out a show in Cardiff... It's usually standing on the arena floor, and the crowd are always on fire.

JennaG
30 Jul 2012, 22:44
Unfortunately I am pretty certain a Dutch concert won't happen. I'll go to either Germany or the UK. I prefer Germany. No chairs in the center arena (never got that during rock concerts) and usually the Germans are more alive as a crowd. So I really hope for a German series ;)

I can appreciate why some people may prefer standing only venues but I actually rather like the fact that some venues are seated. I don't like the idea of paying all that money to stand in one spot for several hours in such close proximity to a bunch of people I don't know.

Adje
30 Jul 2012, 23:27
You should really check out a show in Cardiff... It's usually standing on the arena floor, and the crowd are always on fire.

Great tip thanks. I might go for that show, if he visits for a show that is;)

Adje
30 Jul 2012, 23:29
I can appreciate why some people may prefer standing only venues but I actually rather like the fact that some venues are seated. I don't like the idea of paying all that money to stand in one spot for several hours in such close proximity to a bunch of people I don't know.

I know some people need a seat during concerts or even prefer it. So over here there are seats on the side and in the back of the venue (tribune). The center place is usually non-seated. That way everybody gets their wish. People up front can dance their ass off while others have a good view from their seating place ;)

suzieq
31 Jul 2012, 00:01
CHSIB for 2013! NO complaints here. :))

LisaT
31 Jul 2012, 00:40

Has Meat said that he will be doing more shows in the US then? I was thinking that, perhaps, he is gonna have a good break (including Christmas) and then hit the road again next year in the UK?

melon
01 Aug 2012, 04:11
Has Meat said that he will be doing more shows in the US then? I was thinking that, perhaps, he is gonna have a good break (including Christmas) and then hit the road again next year in the UK?

He just said 2013..... A lot of people like to jump to conclusions ;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

Wario
01 Aug 2012, 04:26
ive used evidence from the pattern of the past.

loaferman61
01 Aug 2012, 04:47
With relatively minor but still painful back and neck pain standing for over 2 hours would land me at the chiropractor.

Gez
01 Aug 2012, 14:55

Brilliant. Sang best version I've heard in Glasgow.
Time to dig out that Vinyl for a wee autograph :pray:

DJLeen
16 Aug 2012, 20:11
Meat, do you know when you come to the UK yet ? Or when can you confirm UK dates ? XO

Deena J
06 Dec 2012, 23:33
It nearly drove me crazy to stay quiet for weeks, but I wanted to wait until I had it in my hands... But now I am thrilled to say I have just acquired the LP of "Couldn't Have Said It Better." And... Since HIAHB wasn't made in vinyl, I guess I can also say that my vinyl studio album collection is now complete as well! YAY! :lol: :D :cool:

chairboys
07 Dec 2012, 12:20
It nearly drove me crazy to stay quiet for weeks, but I wanted to wait until I had it in my hands...

You're admirable restraint was most advisable as it may have prevented an ambush from other members on here who also covet the "holy grail".
From a non- collector I can categorically state, without a milligram of envy, WELL DONE!!!

The Flying Mouse
08 Dec 2012, 16:47
It nearly drove me crazy to stay quiet for weeks, but I wanted to wait until I had it in my hands... But now I am thrilled to say I have just acquired the LP of "Couldn't Have Said It Better." And... Since HIAHB wasn't made in vinyl, I guess I can also say that my vinyl studio album collection is now complete as well! YAY! :lol: :D :cool:

:twisted: Care to wind us up by saying where and how much? :mrgreen:

Deena J
08 Dec 2012, 16:54
:twisted: Care to wind us up by saying where and how much? :mrgreen:

Ummm... Sure. LOL It was mailed from Germany but I got it for US$65 through www.discogs.com.

The Flying Mouse
08 Dec 2012, 17:03
:twisted: Nice find at a very good price :up:

Deena J
08 Dec 2012, 17:09
:twisted: Nice find at a very good price :up:

That's why I snatched it up the minute my phone pinged --saying I had an email from my Discogs Wantlist... ;) Especially since CHSIB was the ONLY title on my Wantlist!!! LOL