PDA

View Full Version : Meat's phone message.

chairboys
20 Jan 2012, 20:15
As part of the BBIS album release there was a telephone message from Meat to help promote it. Or, I'm thinking, it was perhaps to do with the single Getting Away With Murder? All you had to do was ring the said number and listen to the pre-recorded call. The thing I remember is that Meat was so convincing that I actually believed he was speaking to me live! I almost spoke back to him.
Did anyone else ring up Meat and can you remember what the hell it was all about??

Wario
21 Jan 2012, 05:40
this is news to me

Evil Ernie
21 Jan 2012, 07:04
Lol. Wouldnt surprise me.

I remember (as a little kid) when answering machine messages were highly popular. So nostalgic.

AndyK
21 Jan 2012, 11:51
I have absolutely no recollection of this from the time. Not disputing that it happened, just surprised that it passed me by.

CarylB
21 Jan 2012, 13:04
I have absolutely no recollection of this from the time. Not disputing that it happened, just surprised that it passed me by.

Me too. I wasn't on-line then, but heard nothing on radio etc It passed me by completely

Caryl

GDW
21 Jan 2012, 15:37
Give him a call.:-)

realViking
21 Jan 2012, 16:28
That was new to me too....
If I knew about that, I guess I`d be stuck on the phone all day...LoL

chairboys
21 Jan 2012, 16:54
Give him a call.:-)

No way Jose :lol:

It went something like this, " Who's that......... I said Who's that....... answer me son.........what yer doin'..........i'm gonna put the phone down if you don't answer me.....................blah blah"

The Flying Mouse
21 Jan 2012, 19:16
:twisted: Never heard of this before.

However I did speak with Roland Rat once :bleh: (same sort of thing from the sounds of it)

daveake
22 Jan 2012, 10:41
:twisted: Never heard of this before.

However I did speak with Roland Rat once :bleh: (same sort of thing from the sounds of it)

A mouse talking with a rat ... there's the making of a joke there somewhere :twisted:

Dave
24 Jan 2012, 20:54
I know they did weekly phone messages via a "1-900" for pay number during the kick off of the Welcome To The Neighborhood album. There was a new message every week for about 4 weeks or so....

PanicLord
24 Jan 2012, 21:15
A mouse talking with a rat ... there's the making of a joke there somewhere :twisted:

Don't get trapped into saying anything cheesey. You must avoid the old cliches like the plague.

Sue K
25 Jan 2012, 12:38
Don't get trapped into saying anything cheesey. You must avoid the old cliches like the plague.

Oh, rats !!! I wish the cat had gotten your fingers as well as your tongue ... ;) ... lol ...