PDA

View Full Version : Meats new direction

Gracie
20 Jan 2012, 13:19
I am really liking the new direction in Meat's music since the making of hang cool teddy bear and the new cd ''Hell in a handbasket''

Hoping he does another record soon but not too soon because I don't want him over doing things and becoming ill over stuff. I only hope that he will continues to sing as well as he does now and, his vocals on the new cd were for me just 'perfection' his voice sounded so good. (to me)

I like all of the new tracks, ''fall from grace'' and ''the giving tree'' ''live or die'' for my firm favourites ''all of me'' is great and I Love the lyrics to that song.
Thanks meat!

On another note I'd like to thank the members of mlukfc for making me feel very welcome wario your very creative and like reading your posts. Ater a tough year 2011 hoping all will be good from now on for me personally.

... the forum for fans,in fact I am really proud to be a member of such a nice group of loafers! ;)

Let's hope 2012 will be a Rockin' good year. I will always be a Steinman/Loaf fan and I adore their music however if Meat continues doing his own thing I'm 100 per cent happy with that too.

''Hell in a handbasket'' for me is one of meat's finest moments in his career!
My review but I never do a track by track guide! :!:

Thanks all!

DJLeen
20 Jan 2012, 14:04
This album is so great, that the next one may be over a year or five or so. Between WTTN and CHSIB was seven years so... As you say i wouldn't want him to to over doing too and then get ill over it, because then i'll get ill too... Now he deserves well deserved rest and quality time with his family, cause he worked really hard past year.

Gracie
20 Jan 2012, 14:08
Absolutely agree with you DJLeen! I hope he takes it easy and does some quality ''me time'' meaning rest. Thank meat for all you do you make my listening to music. I really Love the new lyrics to his new record. All of me I am trying to find out who wrote that lost my cd cover D'oh!
Anyone know?
Yeah hoping he spends time with his family and chills out a bit!

Rock 'n roll dreams continues to my favourite Loaf song but now I like ''All of me'' so I am happy!

CarylB
20 Jan 2012, 17:00
This album is so great, that the next one may be over a year or five or so. Between WTTN and CHSIB was seven years so... As you say i wouldn't want him to to over doing too and then get ill over it, because then i'll get ill too... Now he deserves well deserved rest and quality time with his family, cause he worked really hard past year.

I don't think recording is likely to make him ill .. he loved every minute of recording HCTB, and seems to have relished repeating the process with Paul. Imo he is more likely to be seized with the desire to create and produce as much as he can, while he can. He's found a direction he loves, has found people he can work with in the studio and finally enjoy the process rather than dread going into the studio (which is how it should be), and he has already said that he has some material ready for another album after the Christmas one. And he's back working and doing what he's driven to do and what he loves :-)

Caryl

Vickip
20 Jan 2012, 17:02
I don't think recording is likely to make him ill .. he loved every minute of recording HCTB, and seems to have relished repeating the process with Paul. Imo he is more likely to be seized with the desire to create and produce as much as he can, while he can. He's found a direction he loves, has found people he can work with in the studio and finally enjoy the process rather than dread going into the studio (which is how it should be), and he has already said that he has some material ready for another album after the Christmas one. And he's back working and doing what he's driven to do and what he loves :-)

Caryl

Exactly :-)

RSG
20 Jan 2012, 17:38
hang cool is a solid piece of music. Unique too, I am certain the new one won't disappoint. Its been a long ride to the new album and its just over the next bend!

Gracie
20 Jan 2012, 18:10
I didn't actually say recording an album would make him ill. I was talking about the side of touring. I can imagine touring to be very hard work as well as fun!
I care about him because he's my hero and I have nothing but respect for him.

Touring is a heavy duty thing to do, I got to admire him being sixty something and touring. I mean he's the same age as my father... I hope he gets some rest and I will look forward when he comes to the U.K again.

Take Care Meat! And thanks for all the great music especially ''Hell In A Handbasket'' I am really enjoying the new direction! Hang cool is just incredible has two of my favourite people on it, not just meat but hugh laurie also, him playing piano was well, so cool!

:)

ShelbyLee
20 Jan 2012, 18:22
Hell in a Handbasket is one of Meat's best albums ever, imo. Meat sounds better than ever. Recording the album with Patti and the NLE guys is definitely a plus. They work so well together and they created amazing compositions. I hope to hear Patti and the guys on the Christmas album and the next album too. There is so much to look forward to.

Gracie
20 Jan 2012, 19:40
Agreed*
Also I'd like to say that having Patti back is just Awesome! Her voice is so perfect she's very powerful vocally and her comic timing is the greatest!
I always like them duet together...

Evil Ernie
21 Jan 2012, 00:13
I enjoy his newer work because it Rocks more. As in more hard rock.

However, we are overdue for an album of Jim (or Jim-like) songs.

It's like Pink Floyd. Was the band still really good after Waters left? Absolutely, but almost no one would say that it was as good as the stuff with the classic lineup.

JennaG
21 Jan 2012, 10:23
I enjoyed HCTB and I love HIAHB, it's my favourite album and I'm loving the direction Meat is taking with his work. It's great to see him enjoying his work and being allowed to take whichever direction he chooses.

I'm not all that worried if we don't see another album from Meat and Jim together. Yes, if one is released that's great but if we don't, we don't. There is still the work they have done together in the past to enjoy.

CarylB
21 Jan 2012, 13:40
I enjoyed HCTB and I love HIAHB, it's my favourite album and I'm loving the direction Meat is taking with his work. It's great to see him enjoying his work and being allowed to take whichever direction he chooses.

I'm not all that worried if we don't see another album from Meat and Jim together. Yes, if one is released that's great but if we don't, we don't. There is still the work they have done together in the past to enjoy.

A discussion that's growing whiskers and reaching for its walking frame :lol: .. but I agree completely with what you say ;)

Caryl

Gracie
21 Jan 2012, 14:12
Hoping everyone is well? I am really enjoying meat's new direction in music my fave track is ''All of me'', but I like them all. Fall from grace is really catchy!
I like hearing patti sing she's awesome!
:-)

Smithie
23 Jan 2012, 15:55
Other than Bat, I would say that HIAH is my favorite Meat album. Excellent vocals by Meat and Patti and excellent musicianship by the gentlemen of the Neverland Express. There is no filler on the album. Every song has a really powerful message.

Rickmonster
23 Jan 2012, 20:51
I love the rockin Meat. I would like to hear more Dave/sax, though. Having attended one concert this past summer I can report that at least three of the highlights appreciated by myself as well as the rest of the audience were solos by Dave. Now, talk about rockin!

Gracie
25 Jan 2012, 18:32
Meat's a very gifted guy he can act and sing and when he sings something amazing happens!
I became hooked after listening to the picture show concert video vhs and he was just incredible along with patti!
regarding my favourite albums, mines are bat 2 and hiah all of the songs are perfection to me. Wonderful music
:)

BostonAngel
26 Jan 2012, 04:22
I love the rockin Meat. I would like to hear more Dave/sax, though. Having attended one concert this past summer I can report that at least three of the highlights appreciated by myself as well as the rest of the audience were solos by Dave. Now, talk about rockin!

I second that one Rickmonster. I have seen Dave playing sax at a couple of CC Coletti's show and he is amazing. Would love to see and hear more of him. That is also because, I admit, I have a HUGE crush on him. LOL Meat always hires the best musicians for Neverland Express