PDA

View Full Version : When Will The Live In Sydney DVD Be Released?

Ollie241189
18 Jan 2012, 12:42
Hey guys,

Me again! Just been wondering when will the Live In Sydney DVD (called it that because of a lack of title) be released? I know it's in February sometime as the trailer video suggests but when in February?

As an avid Meat fan whose more than excited over this DVD I really wanna know! : )

Can anyone help me?

Cheers
Ollie

Wario
18 Jan 2012, 13:20
this site is your friend. sign up for updates and pray these guys know what they are doing. thats all i can say:

http://www.concert-one.tv/n/category/meatloaf-2/

Ollie241189
18 Jan 2012, 13:29
this site is your friend. sign up for updates and pray these guys know what they are doing. thats all i can say:

http://www.concert-one.tv/n/category/meatloaf-2/

I have signed up to it and I've had nothing at all!

Wario
18 Jan 2012, 13:38
I have signed up to it and I've had nothing at all!

then wait. They will email you an update on its release. Hopefully its no delayed till march like the NA HIAHB release

Ollie241189
18 Jan 2012, 17:17
then wait. They will email you an update on its release. Hopefully its no delayed till march like the NA HIAHB release

Dont wanna wait!!! : ) I'm like a big kid at Christmas when it comes to these things! I want it now and dont wanna wait! Lol

Hope we get some feedback soon!

loaferman61
18 Jan 2012, 19:35
I think it would only make sense to tie it in with the HIAHB release to take advantage of any customers who might be picking up the CD and also see the DVD. I hate to mention this for the slack I will probably catch but really don't give a crap :moon: , but given Meat's vocal woes in Australia I wonder if they are doing some touch ups on the vocals (in fairness it is safe to say almost every singer does it on "live" stuff). I am sure though it is nothing less than sheer amazing perfection:cheer:

Evil One
19 Jan 2012, 00:52
Meat said he was keeping 80% of the vocals.

Ollie241189
19 Jan 2012, 01:41
Meat said he was keeping 80% of the vocals.

Sweet!!! I'm getting more and more excited!!!

Smithie
19 Jan 2012, 15:45
I really hope the dvd includes some video footage from the UK tour, especially Dead Ringer and Song of Madness. Meat delivered such amazing live performances in the UK. Everyone should see how incredible it was.

Ollie241189
19 Jan 2012, 16:30
I really hope the dvd includes some video footage from the UK tour, especially Dead Ringer and Song of Madness. Meat delivered such amazing live performances in the UK. Everyone should see how incredible it was.

I agree!!! I was at the Birmingham show and good god I was just blown away!!!!

Wario
30 Jan 2012, 13:45
I posted on their wall about the DVD release:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=245721682171806&id=118827411527901&notif_t=feed_comment

Meats gonna supervise the mix within the next few weeks and itll be out soon.

:D

Ollie241189
30 Jan 2012, 13:47
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=245721682171806&id=118827411527901&notif_t=feed_comment

Cheers Chris! : )

Vickip
30 Jan 2012, 14:19

Thanks for the update Chris :D

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
31 Jan 2012, 16:55
i have just receved an reply from concert one ltd and this is what they said

Meat Loaf Update

Meat Loaf has been, as ever, hugely busy, but has been in the studio for the last week working on the audio mix with his guitarist/producer, Paul Crook. We’ve heard the first song and it sounds great!

In the meantime our editors have been hard at work on the pictures and the interviews that will be included with the DVD and the business team here has agreed a deal for North American DVD distribution and agreed terms for distribution in other territories around the world.

We’ll come back as soon as possible with the expected release date.

Thanks for your patience.

Steve Timmins
Managing Director
Concert One Ltd

Ollie241189
01 Feb 2012, 08:07
i have just receved an reply from concert one ltd and this is what they said

Meat Loaf Update

Meat Loaf has been, as ever, hugely busy, but has been in the studio for the last week working on the audio mix with his guitarist/producer, Paul Crook. We’ve heard the first song and it sounds great!

In the meantime our editors have been hard at work on the pictures and the interviews that will be included with the DVD and the business team here has agreed a deal for North American DVD distribution and agreed terms for distribution in other territories around the world.

We’ll come back as soon as possible with the expected release date.

Thanks for your patience.

Steve Timmins
Managing Director
Concert One Ltd

Yeah i got one too! Thanks for letting us know mate

glamourgirl
02 Feb 2012, 17:15

I hope so too.

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to the dvd. I wonder if there will still be a live cd too?

snider22
02 Feb 2012, 17:23
I hope so too.

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to the dvd. I wonder if there will still be a live cd too?

I remember Meat saying that there would be a CD, but I don't remember whether it was going to come with the international release of HIAHB or the DVD.

Vickip
02 Feb 2012, 17:26
I remember Meat saying that there would be a CD, but I don't remember whether it was going to come with the international release of HIAHB or the DVD.

I remember that too Mark. I could be wrong, but I think it's coming with the DVD.

Smithie
02 Feb 2012, 18:40
I remember that too Mark. I could be wrong, but I think it's coming with the DVD.

That's right, Vicki. Meat said there was a live cd along with the dvd. He said it would include a modernized version of "Dead Ringer for Love" and "Bible and a Beer" too.

Wario
02 Feb 2012, 19:07
That's right, Vicki. Meat said there was a live cd along with the dvd. He said it would include a modernized version of "Dead Ringer for Love" and "Bible and a Beer" too.

and a new version to Hot patootie

Vickip
02 Feb 2012, 20:20

Yes, that's what I thought :-) Thanks Smithie.

Vickip
02 Feb 2012, 20:20
and a new version to Hot patootie

Yes .. and I can't wait to see it on the DVD :))

ShelbyLee
02 Feb 2012, 20:29
I forgot about the live cd. I'm really looking forward to hearing that.

WarioLoaf, is the new version of Hot Patootie from the Adelaide show?

loaferman61
02 Feb 2012, 22:00
Not that he isn't busy enough :D, but didn't he promise us some raw board tapes from Australia sometime in the future?

Wario
02 Feb 2012, 23:14
I forgot about the live cd. I'm really looking forward to hearing that.

WarioLoaf, is the new version of Hot Patootie from the Adelaide show?

Yup!

Ollie241189
09 Feb 2012, 14:18
Apparently the DVD will be entitled Meat Loaf Live In Sydney 2011 and it will be released 18th April! Not long but a long enough wait!

mtaylor315
09 Feb 2012, 14:21
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/17494/meat-loaf-live-in-sydney-dvd

Heres a link showing the DVD cover & some information :-)

Ollie241189
09 Feb 2012, 14:26
http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/17494/meat-loaf-live-in-sydney-dvd

Heres a link showing the DVD cover & some information :-)

That's ehere I saw it! I tried to get the image on here but its difficult on an iphone! Lol

mtaylor315
09 Feb 2012, 14:28
That's ehere I saw it! I tried to get the image on here but its difficult on an iphone! Lol

I have no idea how to do it, I'll leave it to the experts :lol:

Ollie241189
09 Feb 2012, 14:29
I have no idea how to do it, I'll leave it to the experts :lol:

Lol thats the way I look at it as well!

mtaylor315
09 Feb 2012, 14:31
http://cdn.madman.com.au/images/slicks/very-large/vve352.png

mtaylor315
09 Feb 2012, 14:31
Did it :D

Ollie241189
09 Feb 2012, 14:32
Did it :D

Sweet! Nice one!

Wario
09 Feb 2012, 14:56
Why does the cover look like a bootleg?

AND WHY IS IT ONLY 100 MINUTES????????

The box looks like its a two disk set. 25 dollars is a bit much for one disk

melon
09 Feb 2012, 15:03

Because it does, and because it is.

Ollie241189
09 Feb 2012, 15:08
Because it does, and because it is.

Oh right! Who did it?

chairboys
09 Feb 2012, 15:22

there's an old saying - don't judge a dvd by its cover.

wizardofodd
09 Feb 2012, 15:39
Yeah the cover isn't mind blowing. I could have done a better job with my basic adobe skills. Still, looking forward to the DVD anyway.

snider22
09 Feb 2012, 15:46
Keep in mind that this is the Australian release only. Other distributors around the world may have something completely different

glamourgirl
09 Feb 2012, 16:10
Surely that's not the actual cover. That's one of the worst covers I've ever seen- you can't even see Meat in that photo.

Evil One
09 Feb 2012, 16:18
I assume that's Ginny Wotsit on the right. Been in the band 5 minutes and already on the DVD cover. No Patti though. :roll:

Elijah's way
09 Feb 2012, 16:23
I like the cover a lot. Is it gonna be on blu-ray?

Smithie
09 Feb 2012, 16:29
I assume that's Ginny Wotsit on the right. Been in the band 5 minutes and already on the DVD cover. No Patti though. :roll:

She's the only one you can see on the cover. Meat's completely in the dark. Poor Patti- 18+ years in the band and still can't make the cover. :(

unbekannt
09 Feb 2012, 16:29

Poor Patti- 18+ years in the band and still can't make the cover. :(

My thoughts exactly. :roll:

snider22
09 Feb 2012, 16:32
I'm not one to typically be negative, but I gotta say that the cover is crap, I've seen bootleg covers that were better.

But I'm more concerned with the prospect of Blu-Ray as I would much prefer a Hi-Def version

Vickip
09 Feb 2012, 16:43
But I'm more concerned with the prospect of Blu-Ray as I would much prefer a Hi-Def version

Same here :-)

roomster
09 Feb 2012, 17:04

The slogan of those who publishes/produces the concert is "Rock in HD", so it would be strange if there isn't a Blu-ray release...

ShelbyLee
09 Feb 2012, 17:30
I'm not one to typically be negative, but I gotta say that the cover is crap, I've seen bootleg covers that were better.

I don't want to be negative either, but that is an awful dvd cover, terrible pic of Meat.

The new girl has been in the band for only a few shows, so why is she on the cover? Why isn't Patti?

roomster
09 Feb 2012, 17:33
I don't want to be negative either, but that is an awful dvd cover. Terrible pic of Meat!

I think the picture/cover was nice and stylish.

ShelbyLee
09 Feb 2012, 17:42
I think the picture/cover was nice and stylish.

Maybe if you could see him, but he's in the dark. Didn't they have any better shots of him?

RSG
09 Feb 2012, 17:45
i like the cover.

chairboys
09 Feb 2012, 17:47
I like the cover a lot. Is it gonna be on blu-ray?

yes, the cover's not that bad, is it?
the lighting reminds me of the live at wembley cd cover (slightly)

roomster
09 Feb 2012, 17:47
Maybe if you could see him, but he's in the dark. Didn't they have any better shots of him?

From that angle I think it's just as well that you do not see him properly. No one would look particularly good with this angle.

We also all know what he looks like, so I think it was cool with such a picture.

JennaG
09 Feb 2012, 17:55

I'm not a huge fan of the cover either. As others have said you can't really see Meat because he's in the dark and from the angle they've shot the picture at, I think it makes him look heavier too.

The new girl has been in the band for only a few shows, so why is she on the cover? Why isn't Patti?

I think Ginny ended up on the cover because of where she was stood when they took the photo of Meat. Patti would have been to the right of him and so would have been missed out of the photo, then again even Meat is pretty much a shadow in this picture.

ShelbyLee
09 Feb 2012, 17:59
I think Ginny ended up on the cover because of where she was stood when they took the photo of Meat. Patti would have been to the right of him and so would have been missed out of the photo, then again even Meat is pretty much a shadow in this picture.

I'm guessing you're right but it doesn't seem fair for Ginny to be on the cover when John and Patti have been in the band for around two decades.

chairboys
09 Feb 2012, 18:03
I'm guessing you're right but it doesn't seem fair for Ginny to be on the cover when John and Patti have been in the band for around two decades.

I'm pretty sure John and Patti won't give two hoots about it.

Vickip
09 Feb 2012, 18:17

Exactly. The main thing is that they're going to be on the DVD ;)

snider22
09 Feb 2012, 18:19

I agree and I know I said I dot like the cover which is true, but I'm much more concerned with the content and having all the encores and stuff stay intact. I'm hoping for a DVD that rivals MSO

glamourgirl
09 Feb 2012, 18:24

You can't be sure about that. Meat said that when one band member gets a solo, the others want one too. It's the same principle.

Surely there were a bunch of photos to choose from. This seems like an odd choice. A dvd cover is supposed to grab your attention and this one doesn't.
But I'm looking forward to seeing the dvd and hopefully it is filmed well.

roomster
09 Feb 2012, 18:26
A dvd cover is supposed to grab your attention and this one doesn't.

That's individual. I think it does.

Monstro
09 Feb 2012, 18:54
A dvd cover is supposed to grab your attention and this one doesn't.

Really?

Everyone here seems to be talking about it, job done I'd say

Elijah's way
09 Feb 2012, 19:02
This is a Meat Loaf release not a John or Patti release.

Smithie
09 Feb 2012, 19:13
This is a Meat Loaf release not a John or Patti release.

It's not a Ginny release either so why is she lit up on the cover?

Smithie
09 Feb 2012, 19:16
This pic just doesn't capture the thrill and excitement of a Meat Loaf concert, imo. Meat sets the standard so high for live performers. I've seen some amazing live shots that capture his shows but this doesn't, imo.

As others have said, the most important thing is the content of the dvd.

Elijah's way
09 Feb 2012, 19:23

She got in that shot by lucky chance, if Patti was standing there at the time it would be her instead. And btw who really gives a damn what band member gets on the cover??? I know I don't.

Smithie
09 Feb 2012, 19:25
She got in that shot by lucky chance, if Patti was standing there at the time it would be her instead. And btw who really gives a damn what band member gets on the cover??? I know I don't.

I care about the band. They work hard and I'm grateful for all they contribute to the shows.

chairboys
09 Feb 2012, 19:26
such in-depth analysis of the cover here!

Elijah's way
09 Feb 2012, 19:29
I care about the band. They work hard and deserve respect.

Danny Miranda is on the cover too so they didn't single anyone out. The band gets the respect they deserve on the dvd and studio albums.

Smithie
09 Feb 2012, 19:46

My point is that Meat isn't lit up on the cover of his dvd. Why isn't there a good live shot of Meat for fans who might be buying their first Meat Loaf dvd?

Adje
09 Feb 2012, 20:19
Really?

Everyone here seems to be talking about it, job done I'd say

LOL It does create some controversity here on the fan board, only when you walk trough a store and see this cover it won't attrack people to give it a better look.

The DVD cover looks like the cheap '3 for 10 euro' concert dvd's, that you find in the sale dumpsters (the ones that barely have stereo sound and no extra features). I can't believe this is the actual cover they gonna use. I also doubt the info is accurate. Unless Meat decided to scrap one or two songs from his 2 hour concert:?

Evil One
09 Feb 2012, 20:36
Either the 100 minutes is a load of ~~~~, or they've trimmed out all the talk about Patrick, or they've dropped a couple of songs. :shrugs:

Wario
09 Feb 2012, 20:38
25 bucks for half a concert and bootleg cover? BULLSHIT

duke knooby
09 Feb 2012, 20:41
who are VVE and madman.com?

Wario
09 Feb 2012, 20:57
and i thought the dvd was gonna be called the guilty pleasure and released by concert one

stretch37
09 Feb 2012, 21:00
My point is that Meat isn't lit up on the cover of his dvd. Why isn't there a good live shot of Meat for fans who might be buying their first Meat Loaf dvd?

I agree. The cover is crap.

Vickip
09 Feb 2012, 21:22
and i thought the dvd was gonna be called the guilty pleasure and released by concert one

That's what I thought too. If this truly is the DVD, wouldn't the release date and cover be posted on the Concert One website and Facebook page :??:
And wouldn't it also be available for pre-order on other websites as well (Amazon, etc.) :??: Maybe I'm just being a little skeptical ... but the more I think about it, I'll believe it when I see official confirmation ;)

loaferman61
09 Feb 2012, 22:02
LOL It does create some controversity here on the fan board, only when you walk trough a store and see this cover it won't attrack people to give it a better look.

The DVD cover looks like the cheap '3 for 10 euro' concert dvd's, that you find in the sale dumpsters (the ones that barely have stereo sound and no extra features). I can't believe this is the actual cover they gonna use. I also doubt the info is accurate. Unless Meat decided to scrap one or two songs from his 2 hour concert:?
I highly doubt it too. Think I will wait for something more official. Only die-hard fans are going to pay $24.99 for that, if I had the patience ( which I do not have) to wait a few months I'm guessing you will be able to pick it up for much less.

Evil One
09 Feb 2012, 22:16
Patience is often rewarding. I picked up the Rockpalast DVD for less than a fiver, at which I thought it was good value. Had I paid full price for it I would have been disappointed. :shock:

mtaylor315
09 Feb 2012, 22:59
That's what I thought too. If this truly is the DVD, wouldn't the release date and cover be posted on the Concert One website and Facebook page :??:
And wouldn't it also be available for pre-order on other websites as well (Amazon, etc.) :??: Maybe I'm just being a little skeptical ... but the more I think about it, I'll believe it when I see official confirmation ;)

Perhaps it isn't the real one at all. I guess we won't know until it pops up on some more reliable websites :-) x

evil nickname
09 Feb 2012, 22:59
For accuracy's sake:

1) OMG! It's not just Ginny that's also on the cover. There's also that Danny the bassplayer guy and that Justin with his keyboards guy. ZOMG! For shame! If you really think it's that bad, just make your own, print it and use that one.
2) That $24.95? Given it's an Australian site, one would suppose it's 25 Au$$ie dollars. Which would make it like $27 U$. Suggested retail. On the site of the Australian distributor.

Cherry.Loaf
09 Feb 2012, 23:37
I don't think the price is that expensive £17 is less than my Rockaplast DVD was. I agree with Wario on the cover it looks like a pirated one to me

AndrewG
10 Feb 2012, 00:19
That's the worst photo of Meat Loaf I've seen from all the tours since the 1990s. Every single photo I've taken myself does him more justice than that piece of crap. Utter nonsense. He looks as fat as a house with huge legs, like a clown in a circus. Bullshit rubbish.

nikox1
10 Feb 2012, 00:55
That's the worst photo of Meat Loaf I've seen from all the tours since the 1990s. Every single photo I've taken myself does him more justice than that piece of crap. Utter nonsense. He looks as fat as a house with huge legs, like a clown in a circus. Bullshit rubbish.

so you dont think he looks sexy then?

Wario
10 Feb 2012, 01:29
This took me an hour. no reason they couldnt have done better:

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee331/WarioLoaf/DVDCOVER.png

Elijah's way
10 Feb 2012, 02:29

That looks really good.:up: But it would be even better wothout the bat.

AndrewG
10 Feb 2012, 02:55
This also took me around an hour to do, but I am dreaming of a different show being released on DVD and Blu Ray. :D

http://media.mlxxfc.net/meatloaf-dvd3.jpg

Vickip
10 Feb 2012, 03:00
This also took me around an hour to do, but I am dreaming of a different show being released on DVD and Blu Ray. :D

http://media.mlxxfc.net/meatloaf-dvd2.jpg

Excellent :up: But of course I'd have to choose one of the US shows :))

Mr. Happy
10 Feb 2012, 07:58
To be honest, I'm not really interested in the cover, although I do agree with that it could be better. What I'd like to know is where the rest of the concert went to? I'm pretty sure the one I attended was a fair bit longer than 100 minutes O.O

robgomm
10 Feb 2012, 10:15

That's a brilliant cover Wario, that makes it look exciting.

robgomm
10 Feb 2012, 10:15

http://media.mlxxfc.net/meatloaf-dvd3.jpg

Another good cover, far better than that rubbish.

robgomm
10 Feb 2012, 10:17
To be honest, I'm not really interested in the cover, although I do agree with that it could be better. What I'd like to know is where the rest of the concert went to? I'm pretty sure the one I attended was a fair bit longer than 100 minutes O.O

I very much doubt it is 100 minutes. No concert runtimes previously have gad an exact round number like that. Makes me think they don't know or haven't bothered to put in the true runtime, as others have said given this is the only place on the net it is to be seen it is suspicious.

JennaG
10 Feb 2012, 13:37
Nice work Andrew and Wario :D

I had nothing better to do so I thought I may as well create something. This one took me about half an hour:

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y378/batangelgraphics/GP_cover.jpg

robgomm
10 Feb 2012, 13:40

I had nothing better to do so I thought I may as well create something. This one took me about half an hour:

THAT IS AWESOME

snider22
10 Feb 2012, 13:41

Excellent

RSG
10 Feb 2012, 13:41
nice skybird! There are some talented artists on this forum.

AndrewG
10 Feb 2012, 14:39
I really like that cover Skybird.
Still don't think Guilty Pleasures is a good title for a DVD or a Meat Loaf related tour for that matter. It seems pie in the sky to me. A bit like Hair of the dog etc. It's not music / Meat Loaf specific enough.

RSG
10 Feb 2012, 14:51
i liked hair of the dog, very rock. Guilty Pleasure... take it or leave it :) i'm more into the show's substance than what the show is called. I imagine we all are here on mlukfc.

AndrewG
10 Feb 2012, 15:11
i liked hair of the dog, very rock. Guilty Pleasure... take it or leave it :) i'm more into the show's substance than what the show is called. I imagine we all are here on mlukfc.

Yeah but if you have a music tour either called "The Wrecking Ball Tour" or "The Guilty Pleasures Tour" then it's quite obvious which one is more rock and thus more appropriate in my opinion. :roll: The latter may work for a slimy glam rock artist! ;-)

I'm just being stereo typical and a bit difficult what I want to see on a DVD cover.

mtaylor315
10 Feb 2012, 16:02

That is just brilliant! :-) x

glamourgirl
10 Feb 2012, 16:04

Now these are some excellent covers by Wario, Andrew, and Skybird. If I saw this on a store shelf, it would get my attention.

I still don't think the dvd on the madman site is legit. Why isn't it posted on the Concert One site? I doubt that Meat would ever approve such a rubbish cover. The cover is important because it's the first impression of the dvd. If people see a pitiful cover, they might think the dvd itself is poor quality and not buy it.

TheDoode
10 Feb 2012, 17:12
Andrew and Skybird - those are both EXCELLENT. I'd love to see Andrew's as the cover, and Skybird's on the booklet cover inside. Seriously guys, fantastic stuff. :cool:

Evil One
10 Feb 2012, 18:12
Skybird's cover is fantastic. :up:

ShelbyLee
10 Feb 2012, 18:36
Very talented artists- great covers by Skybird, Wario and Andrew.

Skybird's cover instantly stood out to me. You should submit this cover to Meat.
A friend of mine who isn't a Meat fan said that she would even be inspired to buy the dvd based on this cover. It's so intriguing, she would want to see what's on the dvd.

Sebastian.
10 Feb 2012, 18:37
Love all of the fan's concepts. However, Skybird's is just amazing!

Ollie241189
10 Feb 2012, 21:52
Love all of the fan's concepts. However, Skybird's is just amazing!

Skybird's is freaking awesome! So much passion. So much character. It's Meat and Patti all over! I take my hat off to Skybird and say well done mate! Meat will be proud of that cover!

lorenzoduke
11 Feb 2012, 05:13
She's the only one you can see on the cover. Meat's completely in the dark. Poor Patti- 18+ years in the band and still can't make the cover. :(

The cover is Meat in silhouette. Patti's not petty or stupid enough to care about the fact that she didn't arbitrarily happen to be standing close to Meat at the time that exact frame of footage was taken. The fans know she's important to the band, Meat knows she's important to the band, and she'll be all over the new DVD.

25 bucks for half a concert and bootleg cover? BULLSHIT

Don't buy it then and give yourself a five minute break from whinging about things not being the exact way you would like them to be for once.

You wasted an hour and they did do better. Call me crazy, but unless Meat wants to call the DVD 'I can barely fit my dick in this bat', I wouldn't expect a call.

Skybird's on the other hand is pretty impressive.

I really like that cover Skybird.
Still don't think Guilty Pleasures is a good title for a DVD or a Meat Loaf related tour for that matter. It seems pie in the sky to me. A bit like Hair of the dog etc. It's not music / Meat Loaf specific enough.

Agreed. Casual fans may consider Meat a 'Guilty Pleasure' but the fans who'll be buying a live DVD certainly don't and to me it's semi-insulting/belittling to suggest we should think of him as such. How about 'The Kill' after the pre-show ritual. Just 'Meat Loaf - The Kill' and 'Live 2011' is quite striking to me, or then there's the title I've been mooting all along, 'Hell Down Under' which not only would be a tongue in cheek jab at the Aussie tour's press reception/negativity but also ties in nicely with the new album.

Wario
11 Feb 2012, 05:33
Don't buy it then and give yourself a five minute break from whinging about things not being the exact way you would like them to be for once.

A one hundred minute edit of a show for 25 dolalrs is a ripoff. call my bluff, but when meat said the DVD will be better then MSO I expect high standards.

Also that comment about my boxart was uncalled for. Skybird's is superior. I could've made it better.

lorenzoduke
11 Feb 2012, 05:56
$25 AUS is standard price for a DVD, and 100 minutes is about standard for a concert movie. You have no bluff to call. Besides which, as I said, if you don't like the price or don't consider it value for money I don't think I was out of line suggesting you perhaps don't buy it.

Also, if you can't accept criticism of the artwork you post (after meanwhile declaring the combined efforts of everyone else involved with the production that you haven't even seen to be 'BULLSHIT') without resorting to petty name-calling perhaps you'd be better off not posting it to a public forum. You were, after all happy to denigrate and belittle the work of the professional artists hired to produce the actual DVD artwork. That strikes me as a little hypocritical.

Hmm.

Wario
11 Feb 2012, 06:23
screw it

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee331/WarioLoaf/sydney-1.png

RSG
11 Feb 2012, 06:32
good one WL!

Wario
11 Feb 2012, 06:47
Also, if you can't accept criticism of the artwork you post (after meanwhile declaring the combined efforts of everyone else involved with the production that you haven't even seen to be 'BULLSHIT') without resorting to petty name-calling perhaps you'd be better off not posting it to a public forum. You were, after all happy to denigrate and belittle the work of the professional artists hired to produce the actual DVD artwork. That strikes me as a little hypocritical.

it was not criticism. it just felt liek you use dmy boxart to go off on the thing i posted about the cover looking like a bootleg cover and 25 being a ripoff for a 100 minuted edited concert. I dont care if thats standard, MSO was 2 and a half hours.If they omit a song, any one, itll automatically be inferior and be stained imo. and if they remove all the audience banter like on 3 bats live thats another strike

RSG
11 Feb 2012, 08:12
In reguards to cuts in the shows, MSO was edited, John's drum intro to chsib was shortened. I expect some cuts on this one too. I might add that mso was awesome, 3 bats was good and really showed Meat in his own light, really feel it when he looks in alot of pain on blind as a bat.

chairboys
11 Feb 2012, 08:43
This took me an hour.

This also took me around an hour to do

This one took me about half an hour:

Speed it up chaps!

robgomm
11 Feb 2012, 09:45
You guys shouldn't be arguing about this because this DVD is highly suspicious. Firstly I refuse to believe that it's the only place in the world that is selling the DVD. Secondly 100 minutes exactly? Really? When have you ever seen a music dvd with an exact runtime like that? Makes me think they just put in a random figure and don't actually know how long it is.

Also Lorenzoduke you are in a minority of people who think that cover looks good. It does actually look like a bootleg cover, nobody can tell me that is a good picture for a DVD cover.

Wario
11 Feb 2012, 11:18
concert one has confirmed the cover and runtime are bogas but the destributer is legitimate. they dunno why they used the cover they used or the info they used. thank god.

JennaG
11 Feb 2012, 11:29
concert one has confirmed the cover and runtime are bogas but the destributer is legitimate. they dunno why they used the cover they used or the info they used. thank god.

Thanks for the info.

I'm glad that the runtime is incorrect because one hour and forty minutes would be rather disappointing.

Ollie241189
11 Feb 2012, 12:03
I cant believe the sh!t flying around on here! I simply put on my thread that I saw somewhere a release date and maybe the cover and this has blown up to a freaking slagging match! Sort yourselves out and give over!!! We will find out what the cover is when concert-one release it!

mtaylor315
11 Feb 2012, 12:38

Oh thats good news then! I thought the fake cover was alright, but I sort of expected something more :lol: x

I cant believe the sh!t flying around on here! I simply put on my thread that I saw somewhere a release date and maybe the cover and this has blown up to a freaking slagging match! Sort yourselves out and give over!!! We will find out what the cover is when concert-one release it!

I totally agree. Chill out people! x

robgomm
11 Feb 2012, 13:30

Thanks Wario. I can't believe any of you thought it was genuine to be honest.

Evil One
11 Feb 2012, 15:18
I cant believe the sh!t flying around on here!Are you new? :lol:

Ollie241189
11 Feb 2012, 15:25
Are you new? :lol:

Lol no but I've seen bitching on other threads but I've put a simple comment on here about a release date and a cover and it seems like a freakin war has started over something trivial and I dont want it on my thread! The designs on here are fantastic so why cant people appreciate them for what they are and leave the bitching and moaning around it! : )

lorenzoduke
11 Feb 2012, 15:43
It does actually look like a bootleg cover, nobody can tell me that is a good picture for a DVD cover.

If you're completely closed off to opposing opinions like that, there's not really much can be said. I wouldn't have minded if that was the cover. I am glad to hear that the DVD will likely have a longer run time though.

screw it

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee331/WarioLoaf/sydney-1.png

That one I like (and not just because it uses the title I suggested ;) ). The b&w photo is cool and striking. It conveys the drama of a Meat show well. Only criticism would be that the font on the back makes the tracklisting a little hard to read.

It'd be nice to see a full band shot on the DVD - something like the one from the HIAH booklet but less minuscule obviously. And having the NLE credited on the cover would be a nice touch.

Right now my main hope is that the DVD is called more or less anything but 'Guilty Pleasure'.

Evil One
11 Feb 2012, 16:07
I do agree that Guilty Pleasure is a poor choice of name, for the reasons already stated in this thread.

Ollie241189
11 Feb 2012, 16:27
[QUOTE=lorenzoduke;563632]If you're completely closed off to opposing opinions like that, there's not really much can be said. I wouldn't have minded if that was the cover. I am glad to hear that the DVD will likely have a longer run time though.

I'm not completely closed off to opposing opinions it's just that there is a difference between opposing opinions and bitching and what started off as opposing opinions turned into a slagging match and there's no need for it. We're all friends here! : )

chairboys
11 Feb 2012, 18:58
Call me crazy, but unless Meat wants to call the DVD 'I can barely fit my dick in this bat'

:lol::lol::lol:

loaferman61
11 Feb 2012, 19:20
I cant believe the sh!t flying around on here! I simply put on my thread that I saw somewhere a release date and maybe the cover and this has blown up to a freaking slagging match!
I expected nothing less.

CarylB
12 Feb 2012, 00:05
I like Jenna's idea, also Warrio's second attempt is better than the first. Personally I don't have any great issue with the one that was posted at the beginning .. but whatever it is the DVD is more important, although I take the point that it wants to be eye-catching on the shelf. I wouldn't call it Hell Down Under, as although it was hell for Meat, I wouldn't give those who made it so the satisfaction of making any comment. Meat was imo wise to simply walk away from it all, and leave it in his dust. I always think Live at ..... is the best title for a live concert DVD anyway, as it conveys exactly what people will get .. a live concert recording.

Caryl

lorenzoduke
12 Feb 2012, 00:30
I wouldn't call it Hell Down Under, as although it was hell for Meat, I wouldn't give those who made it so the satisfaction of making any comment. Meat was imo wise to simply walk away from it all, and leave it in his dust. I always think Live at ..... is the best title for a live concert DVD anyway, as it conveys exactly what people will get .. a live concert recording.

Caryl

True enough Caryl - but the thing to me with Meat and hell, whether we're talking about characters in songs and hell's physical, real or metaphorical, he always breaks out of it and is stronger for the experience. ;)

Wario
12 Feb 2012, 01:08
what we all failed to notice too is the cover on that site had no parental advisory sticker on the DVD cover. if its not there we know somethings not right

Meat says the f word all the time one stage

RSG
12 Feb 2012, 02:30
did he on mso?

duke knooby
12 Feb 2012, 02:33
what we all failed to notice too is the cover on that site had no parental advisory sticker on the DVD cover. if its not there we know somethings not right

what we didn't fail to notice was the exempt from classification notice

and what we spotted was no mention of the the people who were meant to be charge of the project, rather vve's name and madman etc etc

so i reckon we failed to notice nothing, just some got a bit excited and carried away with some "news"

Wario
12 Feb 2012, 04:14
did he on mso?

MSO was edited and censored DRASTICALLY

The intro to all revved up was trunkated, he goes into a story about the beer bottle and getting drunk with a girl (have the audience recording somewhere), the F word is omitted from paradise and Took the Words, and the crotch grab from ARU is omitted.

so much censoring i didnt notice till recently

Jayd
12 Feb 2012, 11:26
Blu-ray version, no run time, classification or cover though, just release date :cheer:

http://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=view&releaseId=17495

AndyK
12 Feb 2012, 12:31
Blu-ray version, no run time, classification or cover though, just release date :cheer:

:up:

melon
12 Feb 2012, 13:56

From memory he behaved himself in Sydney, there may have been one F, but I can't remember it

Evil One
12 Feb 2012, 15:20
It's good business sense to make the DVD as widely available as possible. ~~~~ing this and ~~~~ing that does not help. :shrug:

Vickip
12 Feb 2012, 15:37

http://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=view&releaseId=17495

:up: :up:

Ollie241189
12 Feb 2012, 17:04
It's good business sense to make the DVD as widely available as possible. ~~~~ing this and ~~~~ing that does not help. :shrug:

There is that but then again keeping the show as it was recorded gives you pure Meat and that, at the end of the day, is what we all want.

Evil One
12 Feb 2012, 17:24
True but 'we' will buy the DVD regardless, it's everyone else that's the issue. :twisted:

CarylB
12 Feb 2012, 17:35

I agree .. and Mel said from her best recollection he held back in Sidney because he knows that too ;)

Look .. I don't give a flying F whether Meat uses the F word or not .. and I deplore those who go to adult concerts and then complain about adult language being used. But this is a DVD and they want to maximise sales. Meat doesn't HAVE to swear to be the real Meat for me. He'll be singing and, as always, great fun and superbly entertaining. I have no concerns at all about expletives, nor do I need to have them included to enjoy a DVD of his live show. If it worried me I'd consider myself as those parodied in Flanders & Swan's "Pee, Po, Belly, Bum, Drawers!" :lol:

Caryl

Sue K
12 Feb 2012, 18:23

Oh... I LIKE the cover... It's a picture of Meat in concert and the dvd is ... ummm... well... Meat in concert ... :D ...

Ollie241189
12 Feb 2012, 18:26
I agree .. and Mel said from her best recollection he held back in Sidney because he knows that too ;)

Look .. I don't give a flying F whether Meat uses the F word or not .. and I deplore those who go to adult concerts and then complain about adult language being used. But this is a DVD and they want to maximise sales. Meat doesn't HAVE to swear to be the real Meat for me. He'll be singing and, as always, great fun and superbly entertaining. I have no concerns at all about expletives, nor do I need to have them included to enjoy a DVD of his live show. If it worried me I'd consider myself as those parodied in Flanders & Swan's "Pee, Po, Belly, Bum, Drawers!" :lol:

Caryl

I agree Caryl about not caring whether he swears or not I just dont want them to edit too much which (from what I've heard) is what they did to MSO although it was an amazing show!

RSG
13 Feb 2012, 00:30
I'm on the edge of my seat for this new DVD! The set is very close to the one Jeanie, Kathy and I were a part of at Summerfest! And to hear some new songs like Los Angeloser and Peace on Earth, that IS going to be SWEET :D Also the acoustic guitar intro on R&R Dreams, I'll admit it... there was tears of joy.. standing underneath Paul Crook with my buddy Josh. Josh had a great time and we was laughing at all the jokes and funny lyric to Los Angeloser. Which is good cause we both been going thru a lot of the same bull in the past year.

After the encore, Josh started yelling Meat, Meat, Meat Loaf! And people joined him, they come out Again, and played Crazy About A Mercury... A real memorable night to remember! Met them cool ladies too like I said above :) :) Haha, in the line up before the show we was singing ML getting our pics taken! :)

AndyK
13 Feb 2012, 14:47
Latest email from Concert One Ltd

We'd just liek to bring to everyone's attention that madman.com in Australia are currently listing the Meat Loaf Guilty Pleaseures DVD as available for pre-order. While thet are a legitimate source, we haven't yet set a date fir Pre-orders and various other details are yet to be finalised.

Please be assured that we'll let you know once the details have been set and the artwork decided upon.

Dave
13 Feb 2012, 14:59
Thanks for the update Andy...apparently that came from their dyslexia department. :shock:

AndyK
13 Feb 2012, 15:25
Thanks for the update Andy...apparently that came from their dyslexia department. :shock:

Nope, that's me transcribing from the email on my phone to the forum on my PC :))

(I'm considering setting myself up as a Wario tribute cat :lmao:)

samurai7
13 Feb 2012, 15:57
Nope, that's me transcribing from the email on my phone to the forum on my PC :))

(I'm considering setting myself up as a Wario tribute cat :lmao:)

intentional or...?

Smithie
13 Feb 2012, 16:24

You have a true talent, Skybird.

JennaG
13 Feb 2012, 16:52
You have a true talent, Skybird.

Thank you very much.

Thank you to everyone who has posted kind messages about the cover image I posted. I really appreciate it.

Smithie
13 Feb 2012, 17:48
Thank you very much.

Thank you to everyone who has posted kind messages about the cover image I posted. I really appreciate it.

Well deserved! :-)
Even when I viewed it as a thumbnail, it immediately attracted my attention. You designed a brilliant cover!

loaferman61
13 Feb 2012, 19:56
Latest email from Concert One Ltd
Sounds like it is a ways off yet. Spring is my guess. I saw the date on that other site but the producers do not seem to confirm that at all.

Adje
17 Feb 2012, 20:49
So it seems there's also a bluray version coming (http://b2b.madman.com.au/actions/catalogue.do?method=view&releaseId=17495)

RSG
17 Feb 2012, 22:32
madness.

Jayd
18 Feb 2012, 09:58
Pre-orders now for Australia, this is for Blu-ray version:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/meat-loaf-live-in-sydney/dp/6110669

DVD Version:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/meat-loaf-live-in-sydney/dp/6110668

release date 18th April 2012

loaferman61
18 Feb 2012, 20:15
Pre-orders now for Australia, this is for Blu-ray version:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/meat-loaf-live-in-sydney/dp/6110669

DVD Version:

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/DVD/meat-loaf-live-in-sydney/dp/6110668

release date 18th April 2012

Another 100 minute run time again. I'm guessing if that it true some of the covered songs in encores may be cut to save money. Just a guess. "Paradise has to run at close to 20 minutes alone.

Ollie241189
18 Feb 2012, 20:24
Another 100 minute run time again. I'm guessing if that it true some of the covered songs in encores may be cut to save money. Just a guess. "Paradise has to run at close to 20 minutes alone.

Could be another fake or they put 100 mins because they know Meat does 2hrs plus and they're not sure how long it will be since there is nothing confirmed yet!

AndyK
18 Feb 2012, 20:33
Could be another fake or they put 100 mins because they know Meat does 2hrs plus and they're not sure how long it will be since there is nothing confirmed yet!

Based on the email that went out from concert one last week, I'd bet on the latter.

chairboys
18 Feb 2012, 20:45
Based on the email that went out from concert one last week, I'd bet on the latter.

Can I bet Mrs. Chairboys on that? :lol:

LuuuuvMeat
02 Mar 2012, 04:45
US Amazon date April 24th.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Sydney-Meat-Loaf/dp/B00783NXG0/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1330659779&sr=1-1

lorenzoduke
02 Mar 2012, 04:50
Another 100 minute run time again. I'm guessing if that it true some of the covered songs in encores may be cut to save money.

I doubt it. Didn't happen with 3 Bats or Melbourne.

Wario
02 Mar 2012, 05:08
40 bucks. Preordered.

40 dollars Must mean we get the DVD plus the Live CD....

Deena J
02 Mar 2012, 05:28

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Sydney-Meat-Loaf/dp/B00783NXG0/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1330659779&sr=1-1

Just ordered it! :D

LuuuuvMeat
02 Mar 2012, 05:33
Just ordered it! :D

Me too. I'm very excited.

LuuuuvMeat
02 Mar 2012, 05:33
40 bucks. Preordered.

Hope so!

JennaG
02 Mar 2012, 09:35

I was going to pre-order but then I remembered that my laptop is not a multi-region DVD player and as I frequentely use it as a portable DVD player, it's quite an important thing to consider.
:(

melon
02 Mar 2012, 09:36
Mine is now Pre-ordered :D

robgomm
02 Mar 2012, 09:42
Hopefully we can pre order in the UK soon too.

Ollie241189
02 Mar 2012, 09:43
F~~~~~g slow in the UK! Grrr hurry up Amazon!

Cherry.Loaf
02 Mar 2012, 12:02
Interesting no cover so hopefully they've changed it

loaferman61
02 Mar 2012, 22:53
I per-ordered the blu-ray from Amazon US who lists it as an import. I wonder if there are region code issues? My blu-ray player does not have a hack available. I'd hate to spend close to $40 and have it not play.

Vickip
03 Mar 2012, 00:48
40 bucks. Preordered.

No ... 40 dollars means it's an import ... I'm assuming from Australia :??:
There's no listing for the Live CD yet. Hopefully there will be an actual release from the USA listed soon, but I pre-ordered the blu-ray copy just in case.

lorenzoduke
03 Mar 2012, 09:38

Exactly, it says 'Import' under format. Personally I'd wait on pre-ordering until the domestic edition is up.

evil nickname
03 Mar 2012, 10:23
Also, it says 'Number of discs: 1' which would indicate that there is, like, one disc.

Sarge
03 Mar 2012, 13:26
40 bucks. Preordered.

Wario's obsession with that live CD is beginning to get costly. :lawl:

loaferman61
03 Mar 2012, 21:15
There's no listing for the Live CD yet. Hopefully there will be an actual release from the USA listed soon, but I pre-ordered the blu-ray copy just in case.

From Concert One - "Mornin', there will be a simultaneous release of the DVD across the world so there is no need to get an import."

Evil One
03 Mar 2012, 21:18
But what about Wario's $40? :lol:

Wario
03 Mar 2012, 22:45
order cancelled

Vickip
03 Mar 2012, 23:23
From Concert One - "Mornin', there will be a simultaneous release of the DVD across the world so there is no need to get an import."

Excellent .. thanks :-) I'm off to cancel my order too ;)

Wario
04 Mar 2012, 16:40
sanity now has it listed at last ... but RELEASE IS JULY 1st.

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2208435/Live_In_Sydney_2011

also, if anyones willing to pay 450 dollars for a dvd...

http://www.wowhd.com.hk/DVD/meat-loaf-live-in-sydney/dp/27728929/52494115

Evil One
04 Mar 2012, 17:06
also, if anyones willing to pay 450 dollars for a dvd...I bet your pre order is already in. :twisted:

Ollie241189
04 Mar 2012, 17:11
sanity now has it listed at last ... but RELEASE IS JULY 1st.

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2208435/Live_In_Sydney_2011

also, if anyones willing to pay 450 dollars for a dvd...

http://www.wowhd.com.hk/DVD/meat-loaf-live-in-sydney/dp/27728929/52494115

Yeah but that's from Hong Kong and $450 Hong Kong dollars is about £36.50 in English pounds

duke knooby
04 Mar 2012, 17:13
Yeah but that's from Hong Kong and $450 Hong Kong dollars is about £36.50 in English pounds

43 i reckon, and 48.99 for blu ray ;)

Ollie241189
04 Mar 2012, 17:22
43 i reckon, and 48.99 for blu ray ;)

I checked it on a converter. Maybe my converter needs updating. I'll have a proper look when I get home : )

loaferman61
05 Mar 2012, 00:57
Pretty typical thing with release dates. I cancelled my Amazon pre-order. I will wait until the supplier releases further information. They say no need to order an import so I will go along with that.

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky
05 Mar 2012, 22:16
also you can tell if its a genuine meatloaf dvd cause it wouldent be an E classifacation cause i saw footage on you tube of the sydney concert and thay had the big cams and and it was you took the words what i wached on you tube and meat loaf said the f word so i dout it will be a E classifacation this is the you tube vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3um4T6tgDY

Meat Loaf_fan
09 Mar 2012, 10:40

So : do you, or anybody else, know what will be (or not be?) with Live CD?

=====

PS. http://www.fan.pl/katalog/p91852993_meat_loaf_live_in_sydney.html

DVD 144,95 zł (about : 37,60 Euro; 49,68 $)
BluRay 169,95 zł (about : 44,08 Euro; 58,25 $)

DVD region 4 (South America, Australia, New Zealand).

Release date : 2012.04.25

Evil One
09 Mar 2012, 12:03
Nobody on here knows. It's all guesswork. :twisted:

Meat Loaf_fan
09 Mar 2012, 12:13
Nobody on here knows. It's all guesswork. :twisted:

Ok.:( Thank you for your quick reply.:-)