RSG
12 Nov 2011, 23:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsDC9Gt3aUQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A small video with some pictures. :)

Ollie241189
12 Nov 2011, 23:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsDC9Gt3aUQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A small video with some pictures. :)

Is this official or fan made? Because either way I'm excited!!!

Vickip
12 Nov 2011, 23:39
Is this official or fan made? Because either way I'm excited!!!

I have a feeling it's official .... I'm excited too !!
Thanks for posting the link RSG :))

juniper
12 Nov 2011, 23:44
I have a feeling it's official .... I'm excited too !!
Thanks for posting the link RSG :))

Good question, either way, it's a great tease! :D

Sarge
12 Nov 2011, 23:54
Who had the idea of making this video appear like the trailer to a horror movie? :lawl:

DJLeen
13 Nov 2011, 00:02
This is awesome !!

LuuuuvMeat
13 Nov 2011, 00:13
OMG! Can't wait!

Ollie241189
13 Nov 2011, 00:13
I'm having a bromance with Meat Loaf!!!

Is this weird?

carole
13 Nov 2011, 00:21
Oooooooh, so excited. Can't wait for February.

Carole

Wario
13 Nov 2011, 00:31
Dont recall him wearing a white shirt during the tour from the pictures i saw lol

that a backup or something?

Ollie241189
13 Nov 2011, 00:36
Dont recall him wearing a white shirt during the tour from the pictures i saw lol

that a backup or something?

No that was probably his shirt after he got changed

melon
13 Nov 2011, 00:59
No that was probably his shirt after he got changed

No that was definately a stage shirt, and no he didn't use it.

I can't believe I have to wait for Feb!!!! Damn! lol

juniper
13 Nov 2011, 01:02
Was there any Meat Loaf music played during this promo video?

melon
13 Nov 2011, 01:08
Just a little, yes, start of HP

Deena J
13 Nov 2011, 01:21
Wow!!!! That video looks awesome... Is it ok to wish months of my life away? LOL Come on, February!!!!!!!!

Monstro
13 Nov 2011, 02:16
Looked great apart from the poor sound and some really dodgy flickering effects but there was some great photography in there

Wario
13 Nov 2011, 02:30
Also knew itd be February. itll be packaged with HIAHB and the Live CD will be a "disk 2" sort of thing like with HCTB I reckon. Cannot Wait.

suzieq
13 Nov 2011, 04:28
:yay:

Seeing this teaser really topped off my already awesome night! Thanks for posting.....of course, it makes me want to go to a show...and/or have this DVD like NOW!

Vickip
13 Nov 2011, 04:38
:yay:

Seeing this teaser really topped off my already awesome night! Thanks for posting.....of course, it makes me want to go to a show...and/or have this DVD like NOW!

:cheer: :cheer:

Cherry.Loaf
13 Nov 2011, 10:14
Didn't like the flickering lights but I'm very excited; I really hope it's a worldwide release in Feb I don't want to wait; before valentines day would be perfect!

robgomm
13 Nov 2011, 11:04
That's great!

chairboys
13 Nov 2011, 11:12
Has anyone spotted the deliberate spelling mistake at the start of the clip???

Ollie241189
13 Nov 2011, 11:14
Has anyone spotted the deliberate spelling mistake at the start of the clip???

Yeah Syndney

Sarge
13 Nov 2011, 11:15
Why do you think it was deliberate?

chairboys
13 Nov 2011, 11:16
Why do you think it was deliberate?

Wasn't it? :D

Sarge
13 Nov 2011, 11:23
I didn't make the trailer how do I know? Maybe it's because I'm not a native speaker of English but I neither know what "Syndney" means nor what you could associate it with it, so a "deliberate" spelling error wouldn't make sense to me.

chairboys
13 Nov 2011, 11:46
I didn't make the trailer how do I know? Maybe it's because I'm not a native speaker of English but I neither know what "Syndney" means nor what you could associate it with it, so a "deliberate" spelling error wouldn't make sense to me.

Sarge, they cocked it up.

Sarge
13 Nov 2011, 12:03
Thanks, I was beginning to wonder whether Wario was involved. :)) Then again, he hasn't spelled "Sydney" wrong... yet. ;)

I hope this will not remain the only promo video and that there will be another one that provides more insight to the content of the DVD with the approach of the release date. I assume this is just supposed to serve as a first announcement, otherwise I wouldn't understand why a video that advertises a concert DVD features photos only and (almost) no music from that show.

Evil One
13 Nov 2011, 13:27
Sarge, they cocked it up.Hopefully it will be the only ~~~~ up. :shrug:

melon
13 Nov 2011, 16:04
I may have to have a viewing party, first person to spot me gets a free drink ha ha

Evil One
13 Nov 2011, 17:39
I don't think it's a very good promo piece. As has been said in the past, Meat Loaf's biggest selling point is Meat Loaf. It's possible someone could come to the conclusion that the show was poor, thus no footage was included. :shrug:

Sarge
13 Nov 2011, 17:42
More info here: http://www.concert-one.tv/n/category/meatloaf-2/

melon
13 Nov 2011, 18:00
"A song from Hell in a Handbasket - TBC" - All of me?

GUILTY PLEASURE SET SONGS

SONG TITLES WRITERS
1. Hot Patootie (with video) – STEINMAN (Rocky Horror Show)
2. If It Ain’t Broke, Break It – STEINMAN
3. Bat Out of Hell – STEINMAN
4. Peace On Earth (with video) – RICK BRANTLEY (Hang Cool Teddy Bear)
5. Living on the Outside – RICK BRANTLEY
6. Los Angeloser – JAMES MICHAEL (Hang Cool Teddy Bear)
7. You Took the Words – STEINMAN
8. Stand in the Storm (with video) – TEAM BACKBONE (Celebrity Apprentice Song)
9. Rock and Roll Dreams (with video) – STEINMAN
10. Anything For Love – STEINMAN
11. A song from Hell in a Hand Basket – TBC
12. Paradise by the Dashboard Light – STEINMAN
13. Boneyard/All Revved Up – STEINMAN

GUILTY PLEASURE DVD AVAILABLE EARLY 2012
(BONUS MATERIAL INCLUDES BRAND NEW INTERVIEW WITH MEAT LOAF)

Evil One
13 Nov 2011, 18:04
1. Hot Patootie (with video) – STEINMAN (Rocky Horror Show)I know there is at least one nutcase out there that believes this to be true, but it definitely isn't. This lack of attention to detail isn't good. :bleh:

melon
13 Nov 2011, 18:08
Yeah I noticed that too.... doh-brains

Wario
13 Nov 2011, 19:06

My god this promo person sucks balls. Ill make my own promo for it. keep an eye out.

thats where Two out of three should be. My god steinman didnt write hot patootie.

Los angeloser should have a "(with video)" next to it.

and dont tell me they are omitting Mercury Blues.....

also, no mention of the live CD.

This was supposed to be a killer set.

Jayd
13 Nov 2011, 19:25
This better be a Blu-ray release too :(

Sarge
13 Nov 2011, 19:45
Meat Loaf's biggest selling point is Meat Loaf

You don't get to see much of him, let alone hear of him. And that shot of him standing in front of the mirror does not appeal to me at all.

It's possible someone could come to the conclusion that the show was poor, thus no footage was included. :shrug:

This won't make me buy the DVD either. I can neither form a negative nor a positive opinion about the performance based on that. A couple of nice pics of Paul Crook surely won't make me fork out money for it. ;)

juniper
13 Nov 2011, 20:03
Sharp eyes, I didn't even notice the typo first time through. They should really fix it.

AndyK
13 Nov 2011, 20:10
I'd say that this is a promo by the production company looking at their "about" page, rather than a promo by the label / distrbutors. I'd expect to see a more polished piece closer to the release date.

Vickip
13 Nov 2011, 20:54
I'd say that this is a promo by the production company looking at their "about" page, rather than a promo by the label / distrbutors. I'd expect to see a more polished piece closer to the release date.

My thoughts exactly Andy :-)

RSG
13 Nov 2011, 21:14
im happy that patti will be in this release.

Ollie241189
13 Nov 2011, 21:28
You don't get to see much of him, let alone hear of him. And that shot of him standing in front of the mirror does not appeal to me at all.

This won't make me buy the DVD either. I can neither form a negative nor a positive opinion about the performance based on that. A couple of nice pics of Paul Crook surely won't make me fork out money for it. ;)

That shot of him in front of the mirror and the way the teaser has been put together gave me goosebumps! Wow!!! That shot of him in front of the mirror was like the first shot of the likes of Freddie Krueger or Jason Voorhees. I mean like the force not to be reckoned with and we all know Meat is a force not to be reckoned with!!!

Sarge
13 Nov 2011, 22:45
That shot of him in front of the mirror and the way the teaser has been put together gave me goosebumps! Wow!!!

"Wow" was not what I thought when I saw this.

That shot of him in front of the mirror was like the first shot of the likes of Freddie Krueger or Jason Voorhees.

That picture rather reminded of Pelts.

stretch37
13 Nov 2011, 23:04
"Wow" was not what I thought when I saw this.

That picture rather reminded of Pelts.

I really enjoyed it, its an amazing shot!!!!

duke knooby
13 Nov 2011, 23:26
that promo vid hasn't interested or excited me at all

Sarge
13 Nov 2011, 23:29
its an amazing shot!!!!

What's "amazing" about it?

stretch37
13 Nov 2011, 23:29

really? cuz when I saw that last night my first impression was that it was the best introduction to a Meat Loaf DVD ever lol.

Wario
13 Nov 2011, 23:36
really? cuz when I saw that last night my first impression was that it was the best introduction to a Meat Loaf DVD ever lol.

Oh as an introduction for the DVD that'd be awesome. but promotionally its not really fantastic.

suzieq
14 Nov 2011, 02:09
That shot of him in front of the mirror and the way the teaser has been put together gave me goosebumps! Wow!!! That shot of him in front of the mirror was like the first shot of the likes of Freddie Krueger or Jason Voorhees. I mean like the force not to be reckoned with and we all know Meat is a force not to be reckoned with!!!

With the build up of the snap shots prior to, which you know as well as I do, when you see Meat in the mirror....it's butterflies in my stomach kind of excitement. It makes me want to stay and watch...what's he gonna do next?

All these opinions of expectations and entitlements are not what I was thinking I'd see here today. :? I'm thankful that he's putting out this DVD period....I'm excited about this little teaser. Reminder: Meat cannot please everyone and it seems a few posts seem a little demanding or damning. What gives?

suzieq
14 Nov 2011, 02:09

It's an awesome intro.

suzieq
14 Nov 2011, 02:11

If you clicked on the link...you were at least interested. So, it did it's job. If you didn't click the link....then you were uninterested at all to begin with. Just sayin'.

Sarge
14 Nov 2011, 02:33
What I think of that video has nothing do with what I'm intending to spend or not to spend my money on and I don't think that I "demanded" or "damned" anything in this thread. I responded to a post by Evil One that was rather marketing-related.

Speaking of "entitlement": I'm tired of people who feel "entitled" to control what others must think or say.

Vickip
14 Nov 2011, 02:42
All these opinions of expectations and entitlements are not what I was thinking I'd see here today. :? I'm thankful that he's putting out this DVD period....I'm excited about this little teaser. Reminder: Meat cannot please everyone and it seems a few posts seem a little demanding or damning. What gives?

You read my mind Suzie ... sigh ...

Wario
14 Nov 2011, 03:14
tomorrow ill make my own promo. this video is really ridiculous the more i read over teh flawed press release and unforgivable spellin gerror

Sarge
14 Nov 2011, 03:24
teh flawed press release and unforgivable spellin gerror

:lawl:

CarylB
14 Nov 2011, 04:16
I think it's pretty clear it's simply a bit of promo put out through their own site by Concert-one (a relatively fledgling company) who filmed the DVD more to promote their activities, not a promotional tool made by Meat's label/distributor. To me it was more a fun teaser and I enjoyed it. Would I prefer a promotional video made by a fan and featuring Batman or the Penguin, or simply enjoy this for what it's worth and look forward to something more designed to specifically promote the DVD nearer the time? I know where the smart money's placed! :lol:

To me it's not the promo, wasn't intended to make anyone buy a DVD that is months away from release, didn't rock my world but was fun to watch, so thanks RSG for the link :-) I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out nearer the issue of the DVD, and definitely to the release itself :D I wonder too why almost everything anyone finds has to be subjected to such detailed scrutiny and criticism .. but that seems to be the pattern, so I just enjoy what is found, and look forward to what will emerge later, along with all the other great things that will be coming for Meat Loaf fans ;)

Caryl

Mr. Happy
14 Nov 2011, 05:36
What? This is the best they could do? A trailer that looks like something out of a horror movie, the only song showcased muted in favour of flashy light effects, typos, songs missing from the setlist and songs attributed to the wrong songwriter? Really?

If I wasn't a Meat Loaf fan, I wouldn't be enticed to buy this :S

melon
14 Nov 2011, 06:07
If I wasn't a Meat Loaf fan, I wouldn't be enticed to buy this :S

It's not even Meat's promo company that have done it, the DVD doesn't come out until Feb, there is plenty of time for proper promo. I highly doubt that this is the only promo that will ever be seen for this DVD.

I'm just thankful to see anything at all, and that we have it confirmed that the DVD will be out in Feb.

Ollie241189
14 Nov 2011, 08:16
With the build up of the snap shots prior to, which you know as well as I do, when you see Meat in the mirror....it's butterflies in my stomach kind of excitement. It makes me want to stay and watch...what's he gonna do next?

It may even be a teaser for another behind the scenes documentary or for some extras for the DVD!!! They cant show you all that and it not be on the DVD!

Only time will tell...

February, its all on you now!

AndyK
14 Nov 2011, 09:51
Opinions = good.

Personal attacks = bad.

Please play nicely and stay on topic. Really don't want to have to clean this thread up again.

byo1975
14 Nov 2011, 11:53
Great video..canīt wait until february!!

suzieq
14 Nov 2011, 13:37
I'm just thankful to see anything at all, and that we have it confirmed that the DVD will be out in Feb.

It was enough of a teaser to have Paul, Justin and John to post it on FB and Ginny tweeted the link too. I'm with you.....glad to have seen it, and we have an expected time frame for it's release.

Dave
14 Nov 2011, 14:53
tomorrow ill make my own promo. this video is really ridiculous the more i read over teh flawed press release and unforgivable spellin gerror

...and the seven obvious grammar errors in the above post? :-)

Dave
14 Nov 2011, 14:57
So, I like this promo a lot, a lot, a lot. It finally frames a Meat Loaf Show where I see it...as an uncontrollable beast about to tear havoc on the crowd. I have never failed to see a Meat Loaf audience go from normal crowd to an absolute frenzy when Mr. Loaf hits the stage. Good work!

Smithie
14 Nov 2011, 18:00
You don't get to see much of him, let alone hear of him.

I will of course be buying the dvd, but this video wouldn't inspire me to buy it.
Where are the shots of Patti for the male audience?
There are more shots of Paul than of Meat in this promo video.

TheDoode
14 Nov 2011, 18:11
Where are the shots of Patti for the male audience?

Blatant sexism much? Just sayin'.

:insert not-cool smiley here:

ShelbyLee
14 Nov 2011, 19:33
Blatant sexism much? Just sayin'.

:insert not-cool smiley here:

That wasn't sexist. At every show I have been to, men in the audience say Patti is hot. Just like women say Randy is hot. Patti is very talented, but she's also gorgeous and men appreciate her beauty.

ShelbyLee
14 Nov 2011, 19:34
This promo video isn't the best, but I am really looking forward to the dvd.

Wario
14 Nov 2011, 19:49
My Promo is complete:

G1p1W-qHqdo

chairboys
14 Nov 2011, 19:51
My Promo is complete:

G1p1W-qHqdo

it's not ready, hurry up!!

chairboys
14 Nov 2011, 19:58
This is hang cool teddy bear !!

robgomm
14 Nov 2011, 20:36
My Promo is complete:

G1p1W-qHqdo

Not bad mate, good job.

CarylB
14 Nov 2011, 20:47
This promo video isn't the best, but I am really looking forward to the dvd.

As Dave says, it captures the excitement of behind the scenes and the excitement of a crowd at a show, but I don't believe it IS "the promo video". I't a sort and fun piece put out by the company which shot the DVD and which is a fairly new company trying to promote what THEY do.

I'd prefer to wait and see what Meat and the label/distributor come up with nearer the time. Who would launch a formal promotional campaign in early November for something not due out until February the following year? It would be waste of time, money and effort imo as the market doesn't have great memory or patience, and all the things being advertised for Christmas would push it out of their heads

Caryl

CarylB
14 Nov 2011, 20:51

DUD OUT ??

Wario
14 Nov 2011, 20:53
DUD OUT ??

Its a V. its the font i used that makes it look liek a U

Evil One
14 Nov 2011, 21:35
Who would launch a formal promotional campaign in early November for something not due out until February the following year?Maybe they're taking tips from the team behind the Bat Musical? :lol:

R.
15 Nov 2011, 19:37
Maybe we should instead keep some threads on topic?12 posts removed, is it really so difficult on stay on the thread's topic?

Sarge
24 Nov 2011, 21:09
Yeah Syndney

They have corrected it.

Wario
24 Nov 2011, 21:48
yep brand new and better one actually:

5T1EAyIIcy0

WTF is up with 0:14. Scared the shit outta me.

L_Loaf
14 Dec 2011, 13:39
It's saying it's a private video..
I can't watch it.. :(

GDW
14 Dec 2011, 14:52
yep brand new and better one actually:

5T1EAyIIcy0

WTF is up with 0:14. Scared the shit outta me.

Just one of our indigenous folk playing with his didjeridoo.:-) You should come downunder and meet him.:!:

lyn
14 Dec 2011, 23:43

Aww I can't wait until it comes out, it should be awsome ;) :D:-)

Just one of our indigenous folk playing with his didjeridoo.:-) You should come downunder and meet him.:!:

Yeah I quite liked this one indeed :D