PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Horror 35th Anniversary, for THE PAINTED TURTLE

Wario
15 Aug 2011, 09:52
This happened back in october, but nobody seemed to mention it.

for example, Danny Devito and Jack Nickolson doubled as the criminologists. George Lopez played Dr. Scott.

Eddie is played by Jorge Garcia Garcia (from Lost) has some nice words about his adoration for Meat ("Let it be a kinda nod to the master"):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1324721/Nicole-Scherzinger-slips-fishnets-Rocky-Horror-Show.html

It seems also Jorge is actually wearing the actual Eddie Vest. It looks very real. maybe meat let him use it cause it benefited the Painted Turtle?

CarylB
15 Aug 2011, 11:16
To be honest Warrio I wasn't even aware of it. I'm not a Rocky Horror fan, don't have alerts on it, it was in LA, and as Meat's name wasn't mentioned it would have slipped way under my internet radar ;)

But good for them, and I hope it raised a shedload of dollars :-) I believe Dave here is putting on a production of the show in Ohio later this year to benefit TPT which is great :D

And everyone can support The Painted Turtle by visiting www.loafdomturtle.net
and buying a $5 wristband, or something from our CafePress shop from which all profits go to TPT :-)

Our fundraising might be more modest in amount, but it's on-going, Meat has hundreds of fans here, millions around the world, and every dollar counts!

Caryl

15 Aug 2011, 21:44
Every penny counts, modest or not, it is a superb idea and i for one am impressed by the items you can buy. It also puts out there great publicity for the Painted Turtle and raises awareness for their cause, a very worthy one imo.

Wario
15 Aug 2011, 21:52
Im just surprised meat himself wasn't there.

PanicLord
16 Aug 2011, 05:03
Looks like fun - wonder if you could watch it for a donation?

Vickip
16 Aug 2011, 05:19
Im just surprised meat himself wasn't there.

If it took place last October, wasn't that when he was still filming Celebrity Apprentice :??: I agree, it would have been great if Meat could have actually been there too :-)

Wario
16 Aug 2011, 06:46
If it took place last October, wasn't that when he was still filming Celebrity Apprentice :??: I agree, it would have been great if Meat could have actually been there too :-)

You're right. Aha forgot about that.

CarylB
16 Aug 2011, 11:08
Every penny counts, modest or not, it is a superb idea and i for one am impressed by the items you can buy. It also puts out there great publicity for the Painted Turtle and raises awareness for their cause, a very worthy one imo.

Thanks Michelle :) As you say, everything helps. I am sure Dave's production of RHPS will raise a wonderful amount for TPT, just as the one-off show in LA doubtlessly will have done marvellously. But everything helps, and Loafdom for the Turtle is commtted to an on-going long term fundraising effort which fans can support from as little as $5 (£3 currently) .. not much more than a pint of bitter! ;)

Thanks for your support :-)

Caryl