PDA

View Full Version : All this activity for a 40th Anniversary of Stoney and Meat Loaf?

Wario
10 Aug 2011, 22:49
This is the first time I heard about this "40th anniversary" thing.

Apparently, according to the article, the reason Meat's making the three albums currently and releasing a DVD is to celebrate his 40th anniversary as a recording artist which started with 1971's "SToney & Meatloaf".

he never mentioned it was his 40th anniversary as a recording artist, did he?

But now that I think about it, If this is all to celebrate the 40th anniversary, why no announcements of a Stoney and Meatloaf re-release?

Of course you can take this article with a cup of cheese and gingerbread:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/meat-loaf-readies-three-new-albums-to-celebrate-40th-anniversary/

tribrats
10 Aug 2011, 22:54
When it comes from The Man himself, I'll believe whatever is printed. ;)

loaferman61
10 Aug 2011, 22:57
When it comes from The Man himself, I'll believe whatever is printed. ;)
I agree, but did note he made a reference to Stoney directly by name in one of his latest updates. Maybe she will pop up somewhere in all the new activity.

Evil One
10 Aug 2011, 23:13
Perhaps he is celebrating 40 years of being a recording artist but not 40 years since Stoney & Meatloaf because those 40 years are something worth celebrating and Stoney & Meatloaf is not? :shrug:

Monstro
10 Aug 2011, 23:14
why no announcements of a Stoney and Meatloaf re-release?

Because in all honesty it would sell about twenty copies, it's an album that I can't remember the last time I thought "I really wanna listen to that".

CarylB
11 Aug 2011, 02:38
Because in all honesty it would sell about twenty copies, it's an album that I can't remember the last time I thought "I really wanna listen to that".

Exactly .. and how many of the hundreds of thousands of Meat fans who go to shows and buy the albums even know about pre-Booh albums anyway?

Caryl

Adje
11 Aug 2011, 02:55
I say, 40th anniversary means 40 disc DVD box-set with 40 unseen/previously unreleased concerts. :twisted:

Oh, for 40,00 of course :twisted:

Wario
11 Aug 2011, 03:04
Exactly .. and how many of the hundreds of thousands of Meat fans who go to shows and buy the albums even know about pre-Booh albums anyway?

Caryl

Yeah I guess you're right. Still 40 years and no digital release is a bit sad. The album isn't terrible

Evil One
11 Aug 2011, 07:30
The album isn't terribleIt is. :shock:

AndrewG
11 Aug 2011, 09:50
Yeah I guess you're right. Still 40 years and no digital release is a bit sad. The album isn't terrible

I think the priority should be to remaster and re-release Dead Ringer first. Dead Ringer reached number 1 in the UK and sold far more copies. But yeah if you want a digital release of the amazing Stoney and Meat Loaf on CD instead, good luck, you'll be waiting another 40 years at least considering Meat doesn't want to have anything to do with it.

CarylB
11 Aug 2011, 10:27

I agree Warrio, it's not terrible at all, but companies don't issue digital releases for completism .. or completists ;) But would it appeal to a sufficient market today to make it a viable business decision? I don't think most fans would see it as as the kind of rock they expect to hear from Meat ;) I have the album on vinyl, still have the means to play it, and to be honest if it were released digitally I'm not sure I'd feel impelled to by it, because if I want to listen to it I can.

That's the bottom line in the music industry, and I think the answer would be no. I don't know how Meat feels about the album, but I agree with Andrew that Dead Ringer would appeal to a much bigger market.

Caryl

Fire Ball
11 Aug 2011, 11:03
This is the first time I heard about this "40th anniversary" thing.

Apparently, according to the article, the reason Meat's making the three albums currently and releasing a DVD is to celebrate his 40th anniversary as a recording artist which started with 1971's "SToney & Meatloaf".

he never mentioned it was his 40th anniversary as a recording artist, did he?

But now that I think about it, If this is all to celebrate the 40th anniversary, why no announcements of a Stoney and Meatloaf re-release?

Of course you can take this article with a cup of cheese and gingerbread:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/meat-loaf-readies-three-new-albums-to-celebrate-40th-anniversary/

No kidding, My first recording was 44 years ago a song called " Deep River Blues" At Gene Krupa's old Studio. One of the 1st with an echo Chamber !!
M

Kai-H.
11 Aug 2011, 11:08
Ooops .... and the POPCORN BLIZZARD recording. If I remember correct it happend 1968 ??

Bye from Kai

Monstro
11 Aug 2011, 11:18
No kidding, My first recording was 44 years ago a song called " Deep River Blues" At Gene Krupa's old Studio. One of the 1st with an echo Chamber !!
M

You shouldn't have told him that, now he'll want the original recording digitally remastered on a special edition with four bonus DVD's of Masculine recorded live, don't say I didn't warn you :D

AndyK
11 Aug 2011, 12:06
Never mind Wario ... that's a recording I want to hear sometime :))

Evil One
11 Aug 2011, 12:12
I'd rather have the remastered Dead Ringer. :twisted:

PanicLord
11 Aug 2011, 13:09
I'd rather have the remastered Dead Ringer. :twisted:

Agreed - would be awesome!

If my sums are right, it's Dead Ringer's 30th anniversary this year - here's a toast to this fabulous album!

:cheers:

Elijah's way
11 Aug 2011, 13:35
and it's the 25th anniversary of Blind Before I Stop

Evil One
11 Aug 2011, 13:40
Don't start him off. :facepalm:

Vickip
11 Aug 2011, 14:35
You shouldn't have told him that, now he'll want the original recording digitally remastered on a special edition with four bonus DVD's of Masculine recorded live, don't say I didn't warn you :D

:lmao:

Vickip
11 Aug 2011, 14:35
Never mind Wario ... that's a recording I want to hear sometime :))

You and me both Andy :))

Wario
11 Aug 2011, 20:36
M

Hopefully youll put that as a B side to a HIAHB single? Cause if you dont I now have a new obsession: hearing that.

and it's the 25th anniversary of Blind Before I Stop

IT IS?! :shock: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MASCULINE!!!

lorenzoduke
11 Aug 2011, 23:04
Hopefully youll put that as a B side to a HIAHB single? Cause if you dont I now have a new obsession: hearing that.

Didn't Meat tell a story about the echo chamber on the Planet Rock show he did last year?

realViking
11 Aug 2011, 23:37
Is it just me, or is Meat terribly good to remember....

tribrats
12 Aug 2011, 16:00
Is it just me, or is Meat terribly good to remember....

From what I've seen/read/heard Meat has a hell of a memory!

rockfenris2005
18 Aug 2011, 14:27
Wasn't Blind Before I Stop recently remastered and re-released? Or did I just dream that?

evil nickname
18 Aug 2011, 17:30
Blind Before I Stop was reissued two years ago on Wounded Bird Records. It's not remastered, nor did it feature any bonus tracks.

See also this thread (http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12993).