PDA

View Full Version : The Videos: 9. More Than You Deserve

Garrett
05 Jul 2003, 11:57
Videos: More Than You Deserve

A simple video, but a real one. The clip takes place in a truck stop. Meat plays a man, who loves the waitress behind the bar. But he is very jealous of her. He thinks, she is cheating him all the way and recognises a lover in every man, who's sitting at the bar in that truck stop. First it is only one guy, then they are two and finally a whole group of guys. This video shows what a great actor Meat is. His motion, his voice, his facial play, everything is superb. Wonderful promo clip!

8/10

White of High
05 Jul 2003, 12:00
I think it isn't so good. But almost it's a promo video. If Meat is singing about group of girls and not about group of boys it would be better... :D

My score: 7

MjP2
05 Jul 2003, 14:32
I think it's hilarious. A bit too simple and gets boring towards the end but I can't help smiling when I watch it. :)

The only problem is that the waitress looks better when she's having her ordinary look than as an angel...

8/10

Jayd
05 Jul 2003, 16:16
Lots of emotion shown from Meat in this video which makes it very good. 9/10 :D

Testify
05 Jul 2003, 18:27
8/10

Michel
05 Jul 2003, 19:49
Great acting from Meat. It's a funny clip.

My score: 8

Terri
06 Jul 2003, 21:39
In this Meat puts his talent as both an actor and a singer to great use, a brilliant performance.

8/10

QT
08 Jul 2003, 19:23
I think this is the best clip form Meat Loaf!!

It's really good acting, but more important: It gives a extra dimension to the story of this song. The clips shows that this song is not only about a "battle" between two (or more) man (Meat en "my best friend(s)"), but that this song is also about being afraid of losing "her" to somebody else. Because the story in the clips appears to be a dream! (She says on the end that there was nobody else that night in the truck stop)
But not only the boys coming in the Truck stop, seems to be a dream to me, also the "fact" that Meat (the guy that Meat plays) has a relationship with the girl seems to be te imagination of himself.
After watching the video a must conclude this song is about fears en dreams. He dreams the girl would love him, but he is also afraid of other boys, who she may love more. A FANTASTIC video!
A think a good video shows the story of the song on a beatifull way (like the video "objects"), but this video gives the story an extra meaning,

so i give it a 10+/10!